Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Calendar's and purses...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why aren't you allowed to buy these for yourself?

I finally got a calendar yesterday, after saying from New Years day that I didnt have 1. But whenever I mentioned buying 1, I was greeted with shouts of 'oh no, you cant buy your own'.

So why cant I? Im assuming there is a reason behind this. Does anyone know what it is?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Same reason as not to walk under a ladder pure bullshit

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I dont know, but i always get a calendar for christmas every year. Mother now knows which one. I did see she had shoved a diary in a bag for me the other day. I got a nice ragly purse for christmas and then they took it back to put some money in it. Think i bought my last purse myself

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

If ever I bought my Step mother a brooch, she always gave me a pin back, never thought to ask why, anybody any idea

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"If ever I bought my Step mother a brooch, she always gave me a pin back, never thought to ask why, anybody any idea"

Think they are more old traditions rather than superstition. We have loads in our family but dont think anyone knows the meaning of them

By *landPeggyCouple
over a year ago

Holland !

"touches wood"

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I know my family always buy the purses and wallets for others and we handsel it, i.e put money in it first for good luck.

Post new Message to Thread