Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Alone at Christmas

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Morning fabbers!

Many people will be alone this Christmas. It could be due to a variety of reasons but it's not a nice feeling. I have been there myself and for someone who does suffer with depression anyway, it made it a whole lot worse being alone that day.

I am very thankful that this year I am spending it with my family, but since I know that won't be the case for everyone, let's get a discussion going for anyone on here who may be alone this year.

A friendly chat can do wonders! I will have access to this during Christmas day so to anyone feeling alone or upset, come say hi. Let's talk. You are not alone x.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Lovely thread x I too will be seeing family at Christmas but will be waking up alone.

Previous years I've been in a relationship with people but still woken up alone however knowing you have someone thinking about you makes that a little more bearable.

One year I'm going to open my home up tk those I know who are alone have a Christmas together. Don't have the space here at the moment though.

over a year ago

"Lovely thread x I too will be seeing family at Christmas but will be waking up alone.

Previous years I've been in a relationship with people but still woken up alone however knowing you have someone thinking about you makes that a little more bearable.

One year I'm going to open my home up tk those I know who are alone have a Christmas together. Don't have the space here at the moment though. "

That's a lovely idea. I would like to do something similar one year but I have the same problem, my place is to small =/

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’d love to have people over who would be alone but every time I start saying “X is going to be on his/her own at Christmas” MrH booms NO before I even finish saying it!

This year there’s no room at the inn as I’ve got a houseful (and a semi broken oven-weep for me!) but who knows in future

over a year ago

"I’d love to have people over who would be alone but every time I start saying “X is going to be on his/her own at Christmas” MrH booms NO before I even finish saying it!

This year there’s no room at the inn as I’ve got a houseful (and a semi broken oven-weep for me!) but who knows in future "

It's great you have a full house Sorry to hear about the oven though lol. Hopefully it holds up!

By *allSteveMan
over a year ago

Poole

My best mate and me will both be alone at Christmas as our families both live abroad. Strangely we found out last year that we are also related through marriage and it has concerted a great friendship. I have invited him to come round to chill and get wasted together instead of both of us being on our own

By *allSteveMan
over a year ago

Poole

"My best mate and me will both be alone at Christmas as our families both live abroad. Strangely we found out last year that we are also related through marriage and it has concerted a great friendship. I have invited him to come round to chill and get wasted together instead of both of us being on our own"

Concreted our friendship. Fucking predictive text

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS
over a year ago

Cornwall

On a previous thread I offered to do a christmas dinner for 10/12 at mine for anyone who was alone (like me) at christmas , but not one person took me up on it ...must be me I guess

over a year ago

"My best mate and me will both be alone at Christmas as our families both live abroad. Strangely we found out last year that we are also related through marriage and it has concerted a great friendship. I have invited him to come round to chill and get wasted together instead of both of us being on our own

Concreted our friendship. Fucking predictive text "

Haha predictive text will doom us all! It's great you are keeping each other company though. I hope you both have a great day!

over a year ago

"On a previous thread I offered to do a christmas dinner for 10/12 at mine for anyone who was alone (like me) at christmas , but not one person took me up on it ...must be me I guess"

I'm sorry no one took up your offer but don't go putting it on yourself. It's just one of those things. The fact you even wanted to do that is great!

And you are not alone, there are plenty of people on here (me included) who will happily keep you company on Christmas

over a year ago

I’ll be having dinner with my dad but then home alone for the rest of the day. But that’s my choice.

Christmas is not a good time of the year for me I lost to many people I love over the years

But I wish all you lovely people a very merry Christmas. Xx

over a year ago

"I’ll be having dinner with my dad but then home alone for the rest of the day. But that’s my choice.

Christmas is not a good time of the year for me I lost to many people I love over the years

But I wish all you lovely people a very merry Christmas. Xx"

I'm sorry to hear that If you do need to chat or distract yourself from the day though, come say hi.

I hope you have a lovely meal with your dad and merry Christmas to you!

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Lovely thread mate. Alone here for the third year running, although not without offers from my friends. I still feel imposing as never spent it with them while with my ex.

See them this weekend, hand presents. Lock the door and open the Bailey's.

Hope you have a great time with your family OP.

over a year ago

"Lovely thread mate. Alone here for the third year running, although not without offers from my friends. I still feel imposing as never spent it with them while with my ex.

See them this weekend, hand presents. Lock the door and open the Bailey's.

Hope you have a great time with your family OP. "

One year you should join them mate. For a long time I felt the same about it, that I was imposing but I really wasn't. I hope you have a great day sit! And thank you

over a year ago

Yes this year I will be alone , and it’s very sad but it’s only a day Iam sure I will be cope

over a year ago

"Yes this year I will be alone , and it’s very sad but it’s only a day Iam sure I will be cope "

Well of it gets to much, you know where we are

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

You lot are awesome, and good fortune will come back you you

Just a thought though that some people on their own at Christmas are quite happy to be so, (I’d lie about having to work so I didn’t have to do the family thing occasionally) best to leave them lot be!

over a year ago

"You lot are awesome, and good fortune will come back you you

Just a thought though that some people on their own at Christmas are quite happy to be so, (I’d lie about having to work so I didn’t have to do the family thing occasionally) best to leave them lot be!"

Thank you for the kind words!

Oh I agree a lot of people are happy on their own. It's only recently I've been doing family stuff myself due to past events, it was better to just avoid it.

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

In the past we have shared our Christmas with quite a few single friends over the years and would do it again with no worries in the future. P however, is working Christmas and Boxing Day again (stroke rehab ward) so even though the successful sperm will be in the house with me (he'll be playing his new x box in his bedroom) I'll be on here making/looking for some entertainment as usual, so feel free to say hello and we can spread some festive cheer.

By *arnsley guy100Man
over a year ago

Sheffield

Too much pressure to be 'with people"

Possibly some actually like having a full day to their selves for one reason or another...

An example may be someone who works in retail and its completley sick of Xmas songs and all the tat that goes with it by Dec 14th and the pressure of "being nice and family enorientated" because that's what your suppose to do

Recalling back to being at the in laws house being put on the spot to do some "bonding" with ex fathering law few years ago..

He wasn't keen on me and he got on my tits to be honest and was put on the spot for a full morning to drink beers and talk about man stuff... By the time 4pm came about and now mother is asking which tea cosy I would like knitting for next year just before the family charades games around the coal lit fire commensed.. I couldn't wait to get out of there.. Roll on 7pm

I would have been OK if just left to my own devises, people watch and chat when I'm ready... But was pressured to be part of this cheesy family and nice and joyful.

This year I'll be sat on my arse watching TV all day... Cos that's what I want to do... Have some quiet time.. It's my day off

over a year ago

Well I'm alone this Christmas but certainly not lonely. For years I have been pulled from one place to another over the Christmas period and having to raise two children means I need to allow them to enjoy the time. So with my children and family wanting to see me it's mostly 3 chaotic days or driving eating and putting on a false face of enjoyment.

This year the children are with their mum and I'm staying put. For the first time in 15 years I'm by myself and cannot wait. I have my fridge stacked with food that I like and Netflix lined up for the day.

over a year ago

Aw so sad , am free the evening if anyone nice wants putting up x

over a year ago

When my kid is a bit older i’ll gladly put a spare chair out for dinner.

Even if people like to spend the day alone, i’d Plate up a nice dinner & take it round.

Thankfully none of my neighbours are alone this year else we would happily have a house full!

over a year ago

"In the past we have shared our Christmas with quite a few single friends over the years and would do it again with no worries in the future. P however, is working Christmas and Boxing Day again (stroke rehab ward) so even though the successful sperm will be in the house with me (he'll be playing his new x box in his bedroom) I'll be on here making/looking for some entertainment as usual, so feel free to say hello and we can spread some festive cheer. "

Sorry, did you just describe your child as 'the successful sperm'?

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

"In the past we have shared our Christmas with quite a few single friends over the years and would do it again with no worries in the future. P however, is working Christmas and Boxing Day again (stroke rehab ward) so even though the successful sperm will be in the house with me (he'll be playing his new x box in his bedroom) I'll be on here making/looking for some entertainment as usual, so feel free to say hello and we can spread some festive cheer.

Sorry, did you just describe your child as 'the successful sperm'? "

I had a test in the eighties and had a low count but with two kids already it wasn't such a big deal. Fast forward a few years and one mad Geordie later, there's now a 23 year gap between him and his sister so guess one of my sperms must have been. He'll be 13 tomorrow and the best Christmas present I've ever been given

over a year ago

Working,but on my own Xmas morning,might get Strava 500 done this year

Staying in hotel,doesn't bother me one bit being alone,then again not into Xmas these days,apart from the extra£s to have time off when I want

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

I wish I was alone at Christmas and Boxing Day

By *arkstaffsMan
over a year ago

Rugeley

Will be alone as always, just the way it is..

Post new Message to Thread