Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How long.......

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

should you leave a cut bleeding before your start to worry?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Depends on the cut, how big and deep.

but then again some people bleed more than others. Some don't stop bleeding see Hemophillia.

We need to see a pic for proof

PS Seriously what have you done?

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Sprinkle with cayenne pepper, it will sting but leave it on overnight and the wound will heal quicker.

over a year ago

Severe bleeding. that does not require stitches. Find some spider webs. Place a wad of the spiders web on the bleeding area. It will stop it faster than a bandage. When the bleeding stops. Remove the spider web and clean with perxiode.

By *ones_BoothCouple
over a year ago

Solihull

"should you leave a cut bleeding before your start to worry? "

what colour is the blood? Light red its ok, dark red/claret you should seek medical assistance

xxx

over a year ago

I tried to google the answer... Thanks to predictive text, I asked "How long should a But bleed..."

over a year ago

"I tried to google the answer... Thanks to predictive text, I asked "How long should a But bleed..." "

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

Impossible question. Scalp wounds are a good case in point - they bleed like a bastard and go on for ever. Even with good treatment - pressure, more pressure and a clean dressing they'll go on bleeding.

Also, is it an incised or an abraded wound? Incised wounds that don't go too deep and where the edges are adjacent should stop bleeding pretty quickly - if the edges aren't adjacent or are unlikely to stay adjacent it needs stitching or mechanical fixing, but that's usually only done in the first few hours.

Abraded wounds are a bastard, because there may be lots of little blood vessels left with no skin above them - if you've ever seen gravel rash you'll know what I mean.

Our local council is generally useless, but one good thing it is doing is running really simple first aid courses in association with a couple of do gooder groups - I'd recommend them to anyone.

over a year ago

"should you leave a cut bleeding before your start to worry?

what colour is the blood? Light red its ok, dark red/claret you should seek medical assistance

xxx"

Why would you say the colour of the blood would make it would determine whether you need assistance?

I can only guess that your insinuating that one is arterial the other is venal? If that's the case then arterial blood is bright red because it's oxygenated. Venal blood is dark red.

over a year ago

Give us a bit more detail about the wound and you'll be able to get a more definitive answer but just apply pressure and elevate the wound if possible.

How big is the wound, where is it, how deep and how much blood have you lost?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Severe bleeding. that does not require stitches. Find some spider webs. Place a wad of the spiders web on the bleeding area. It will stop it faster than a bandage. When the bleeding stops. Remove the spider web and clean with perxiode. "

i can use this as defense when my mum sees any cobwebs in my flat - cheers

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Give us a bit more detail about the wound and you'll be able to get a more definitive answer but just apply pressure and elevate the wound if possible.

How big is the wound, where is it, how deep and how much blood have you lost?"

Ohhh now I know where to go if I have a first aid issues... I love a man that talks first aid!!

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Its ok, panic not, i went to the hospital when the end of my finger dropped off lol

cobwebs in tow

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"Its ok, panic not, i went to the hospital when the end of my finger dropped off lol

cobwebs in tow "

Oh god I hope you are ok??

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

xxx

Why would you say the colour of the blood would make it would determine whether you need assistance?

I can only guess that your insinuating that one is arterial the other is venal? If that's the case then arterial blood is bright red because it's oxygenated. Venal blood is dark red.

"

glad for once I read all the posts - I was going to put this. Having just completed my first responder course all bleeding should be treated but Arterial blood (spouting bright red) loss is the most life threatening and should be treated by raising and pressure if possible. Seeking further medical advice is a matter of judgement but if pressure and raising doesn't stop it pumping pretty darn quick call the professionals!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

xxx

glad for once I read all the posts - I was going to put this. Having just completed my first responder course all bleeding should be treated but Arterial blood (spouting bright red) loss is the most life threatening and should be treated by raising and pressure if possible. Seeking further medical advice is a matter of judgement but if pressure and raising doesn't stop it pumping pretty darn quick call the professionals!"

would hit 3 9's asap for any arterial bleed..

before shock kicks in..

Post new Message to Thread