Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Solariums...

Jump to newest

By *herrySnickers OP   Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere

Sunbeds, solariums... I’m interested as I keep seeing pics of people in these nasty contraptions on FAB.

I’m located in Australia and they have been illegal here for years..correct me if I’m wrong but the chance of developing melanoma is 59% higher if you use one before the age of 35.

What’s the story people of the UK? No tan is worth dying for right?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Sunbeds, solariums... I’m interested as I keep seeing pics of people in these nasty contraptions on FAB.

I’m located in Australia and they have been illegal here for years..correct me if I’m wrong but the chance of developing melanoma is 59% higher if you use one before the age of 35.

What’s the story people of the UK? No tan is worth dying for right? "

It is a quick fix.

You are blessed with a better climate.

We associate a tan with health. There are benefits to moderate exposure to sunlight and sun beds aren't the answer. However if we don't go on a sunbed, we go on holiday and cremate ourselves trying to burn as quick as possible.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Sunbeds, solariums... I’m interested as I keep seeing pics of people in these nasty contraptions on FAB.

What’s the story people of the UK? No tan is worth dying for right?

It is a quick fix.

You are blessed with a better climate.

We associate a tan with health. There are benefits to moderate exposure to sunlight and sun beds aren't the answer. However if we don't go on a sunbed, we go on holiday and cremate ourselves trying to burn as quick as possible."

Spray tans are as effective and less harmful though.

A

Post new Message to Thread