Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Pedestrians

Jump to newest

By *icecouple561 OP   Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Can you PLEASE wear something reflective if you are going to be walking in the road, standing by your car door in the road or seemingly playing chicken after dark. It is incredibly hard to see people in dark clothing on poorly lit roads and a good percentage of them must also be car drivers so must realise.

And while I'm on the subject, cyclists, having a light just on the front of your bike doesn't help if I'm behind you.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *vilgasamWoman
over a year ago

The dot in the i

Sounds like a tough night op, hope you’re ok

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Sounds like a tough night op, hope you’re ok "

Yeah fine, it wasn't particularly tough just something we've both noticed recently. Its so dangerous.

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

It's Christmas so they are probably lit up now more than ever with sparkley clothes and novelty ear rings.

Same for the ladies I imagine

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"It's Christmas so they are probably lit up now more than ever with sparkley clothes and novelty ear rings.

Same for the ladies I imagine"

I think we should send a drone after them

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"It's Christmas so they are probably lit up now more than ever with sparkley clothes and novelty ear rings.

I think we should send a drone after them"

Back to my earlier reply.

It's also party season so they are probably stumbling from pavement to road so while they might be slightly lit up they are even more unpredictable

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I think we should send a drone after them

Back to my earlier reply.

It's also party season so they are probably stumbling from pavement to road so while they might be slightly lit up they are even more unpredictable "

God knows what they're thinking!

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"Can you PLEASE wear something reflective if you are going to be walking in the road, standing by your car door in the road or seemingly playing chicken after dark. It is incredibly hard to see people in dark clothing on poorly lit roads and a good percentage of them must also be car drivers so must realise.

And while I'm on the subject, cyclists, having a light just on the front of your bike doesn't help if I'm behind you.

"

Could we also point out to cyclists that the highway code also applies to them, particularly the bit about stopping for red lights.

How these light jumping fucking idiots aren't run over or punched in the face is beyond me.....

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Can you PLEASE wear something reflective if you are going to be walking in the road, standing by your car door in the road or seemingly playing chicken after dark. It is incredibly hard to see people in dark clothing on poorly lit roads and a good percentage of them must also be car drivers so must realise.

Could we also point out to cyclists that the highway code also applies to them, particularly the bit about stopping for red lights.

How these light jumping fucking idiots aren't run over or punched in the face is beyond me....."

I was once nearly knocked over by one of these idiots while I was on crutches. Fortunately it didn't happen again, because I suspect crutch in spokes would hurt them more than me.

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

Or cyclists with the tiniest pissy little LED on the back which you can't see till you're practically touching their back wheel

By *lastic.Mask.ManMan
over a year ago

Grimsby

Just remember a pedestrian is worth 50 points.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

How these light jumping fucking idiots aren't run over or punched in the face is beyond me....."

Well, yes.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm often a pedestrian in dark clothing, but I don't take the piss, and am even more careful when it's dark out.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

How these light jumping fucking idiots aren't run over or punched in the face is beyond me.....

I was once nearly knocked over by one of these idiots while I was on crutches. Fortunately it didn't happen again, because I suspect crutch in spokes would hurt them more than me. "

Oh dear.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Or cyclists with the tiniest pissy little LED on the back which you can't see till you're practically touching their back wheel "

I think anyone who is going to be on a road where several tons of speeding metal will also be should make sure they're visible.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Just remember a pedestrian is worth 50 points."

Luckily so far I have a clean score sheet

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I'm often a pedestrian in dark clothing, but I don't take the piss, and am even more careful when it's dark out. "

yeah I'm not concerned about all pedestrians, I'm often one myself . I just think its easy to forget that you're not visible to drivers until they're nearly on top of you

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"I'm often a pedestrian in dark clothing, but I don't take the piss, and am even more careful when it's dark out.

yeah I'm not concerned about all pedestrians, I'm often one myself . I just think its easy to forget that you're not visible to drivers until they're nearly on top of you"

There's an "on top of you" joke in there somewhere godammit!!!!!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I'm often a pedestrian in dark clothing, but I don't take the piss, and am even more careful when it's dark out.

yeah I'm not concerned about all pedestrians, I'm often one myself . I just think its easy to forget that you're not visible to drivers until they're nearly on top of you

There's an "on top of you" joke in there somewhere godammit!!!!!

"

To be honest I'm disappointed that you're the only one who spotted it.

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

Can we also bare in mind that , whilst we are the subject of other road users, horses need due consideration too.

They are easily spooked, and having over halfa ton of muscle under you that decides it's scared and wants to run because some idiot in a car decides it's funny to come up behind you and rev their engine just because you are holding them up is no joke.

Also, bike riders, let a horse and rider know if you are coming up behind them, appearing seemingly out of nowhere and zipping silently past them will freak even the most well-trained animal out.

Post new Message to Thread