Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fake accounts

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I’m sick to the teeth of the people who have been on here months, have a few pics but haven’t gotten photo verified, there should be a rule of having 5 days or what ever to verify your account or you can’t upload photos or chat until you have done so before it’s deactivated.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If they aren't photo verified at least, block them. You can tick a box so unverified people can't message you.

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Photo verification can be faked though. And it doesn't mean they match their pictures. But if its important to you then just don't converse with those who don't have it.

over a year ago

"If they aren't photo verified at least, block them. You can tick a box so unverified people can't message you."

But it just saves us from doing so lol

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

We've never been 'photo verified' - either on our old solo profiles or this one.

Guess we must be fake?

A

over a year ago

"We've never been 'photo verified' - either on our old solo profiles or this one.

Guess we must be fake?

A"

No as you have meet verifications

over a year ago

I don't want to be photo verified but I'm not a fake!

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"We've never been 'photo verified' - either on our old solo profiles or this one.

Guess we must be fake?

A

No as you have meet verifications "

But we didn't when first set up. Photo verification means nothing to many. You don't have to show your face and any twat can hold a piece of paper with a name on and take a neck down nude selfie. Doesn't mean you didn't set up the profile for jollies or have any intention of ever meeting.

A

over a year ago

Guess we must be fake?

A

But we didn't when first set up. Photo verification means nothing to many. You don't have to show your face and any twat can hold a piece of paper with a name on and take a neck down nude selfie. Doesn't mean you didn't set up the profile for jollies or have any intention of ever meeting.

A"

I think what he's getting at are the saddos pretending to be hot women.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Guess we must be fake?

A

A

I think what he's getting at are the saddos pretending to be hot women. "

You're probably right.

But they're easily avoided anyway. If not verified don't bother with them. If new to the site wait a while rather than message on day 1 - the profile probably won't last a week. Use photo checking tools. Use basic common sense too. If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck - it's probably a duck. Just switch 'duck' for 'obviously fake profile'.

A

By *ubiousOatcakeMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"I think what he's getting at are the saddos pretending to be hot women. "

Hey, I’m real.

A

By *ubiousOatcakeMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

Shit, wrong profile.

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple
over a year ago

Dudley

"I don't want to be photo verified but I'm not a fake!"

Same for us. We're definitely not fake!

over a year ago

Another moan. This facebook is getting shit..

Oh sorry we’re on fab!

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

Guess we must be fake?

A

A"

This or that other photos they upload belong to them... Just means the one they took for admin while holding the bit of paper was theirs.

Fake profiles seem to be on the increase. Or maybe I'm just getting better at spotting them.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"I’m sick to the teeth of the people who have been on here months, have a few pics but haven’t gotten photo verified

"

I'm sick to the teeth of British people who say gotten.

By *ubiousOatcakeMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"I'm sick to the teeth of British people who say gotten. "

I’m sick to the back teeth of people who use British instead of English. (‘Gotten’ is correct and in common usage north of the UK border.)

By *ain n MableWoman
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Meet verifications tell you more about somebody that a photo verification, but some people still hide there meet verifications for some strange reason...

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"I'm sick to the teeth of British people who say gotten.

I’m sick to the back teeth of people who use British instead of English. (‘Gotten’ is correct and in common usage north of the UK border.)"

Google says gotten is used in the US but in Britain the past tense is got.

over a year ago

"I’m sick to the teeth of the people who have been on here months, have a few pics but haven’t gotten photo verified, there should be a rule of having 5 days or what ever to verify your account or you can’t upload photos or chat until you have done so before it’s deactivated.

"

Genuine question and not trying to be sarcastic: but why do you care?

Just skip past them.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"‘Gotten’ is correct and in common usage north of the UK border."

In common usage north of the UK border ? That is Sweden, Russia and Iceland and they don't speak English there.

By *ubiousOatcakeMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"Meet verifications tell you more about somebody that a photo verification, but some people still hide there meet verifications for some strange reason..."

You find privacy, and respect for privacy, strange? I find most published verifications are crass, playground-like, and an embarrassment for both parties.

By *ubiousOatcakeMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"‘Gotten’ is correct and in common usage north of the UK border.

In common usage north of the UK border ? That is Sweden, Russia and Iceland and they don't speak English there."

You have me there.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"

You have me there."

By *ubiousOatcakeMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"Google says gotten is used in the US but in Britain the past tense is got. "

Good for google. I’ve got an actual dictionary, and being Scottish, surrounded by Scots, on my side.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

"Meet verifications tell you more about somebody that a photo verification, but some people still hide there meet verifications for some strange reason..."

Because people sometimes throw wobblies when they see you've met someone else... Veris are a double-edged sword... You need to show them to prove you've met real people and not just been self-verified using a couple of fake accounts, but if you are real and meeting, showing them can also cause drama. Damned if you do... Damned if you don't

over a year ago

Yep, that's one of the things that always put's me on my guard. Why hide meet veri's. Does it mean the veri's were not that good, just confirming they met, the profile is prolific with veri's and they just don't want to show the volume of meets.

This is a swinging site, so we are all here to swing...........not to date.

I would always much rather meet a couple with shed loads of veri's than waste weeks or months talking to a couple that have no veri's or just hide the veri's that they do have.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

Why not just ignore any profile that isn't verified or has a PV.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

" I’ve got an actual dictionary, and being Scottish, surrounded by Scots, on my side."

I have an actual dictionary too. The Oxford dictionary. It has 1058 pages and gotten is not listed.

Don't you think it is hilarious in your post you used 'got' and not 'gotten'

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

To be quite honest OP if you can't use basic common sense and the tools provided/available to sort the fake from the genuine then photo verification (which can be easily faked) and even meet verifications (ditto) aren't going to help you much.

Most fakes are easily spotted and ed out

By *ubiousOatcakeMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"I have an actual dictionary too. The Oxford dictionary. It has 1058 pages and gotten is not listed."

You’ll find it under ‘get’. If your dictionary is sufficiently detailed, it will point out the the etymology of ‘gotten’ is in Middle English, which is when the Scots language began developing separately to English. Given that the language used up here is a cocktail of various Scots and English language dialects, with the proportions varying from place to place and person to person, it’s a heady mix, but you’ll find plenty of words - considered archaic elsewhere in English-speaking places - in correct and common usage.

"Don't you think it is hilarious in your post you used 'got' and not 'gotten'"

Not when I was writing in the present tense, and ‘gotten’ is past tense, no. Two different words for two different uses.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Thanks for clarification. So "I've got a dictionary" but "I've gotten a dictionary" is past tense and I don't have it any more?

By *ubiousOatcakeMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"Thanks for clarification. So "I've got a dictionary" but "I've gotten a dictionary" is past tense and I don't have it any more?"

In that sentence, actually, now I look at it, ‘gotten’ is In the present tense.

“I’ve got a dictionary” = I own a dictionary / I’m currently in possession of a dictionary.

“I’ve gotten a dictionary” = I have retrieved a dictionary. The use of ‘gotten’ brings the act of retrieving to the fore, as much as the object.

“He had gotten himself into a bit of bother.” You’ll sometimes notice speakers of Germanic languages constructing their sentences in a similar manner when speaking English.

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan
over a year ago

Will never get photo verified, I would probably leave if they made it compulsory

over a year ago

"I'm sick to the teeth of British people who say gotten.

I’m sick to the back teeth of people who use British instead of English. (‘Gotten’ is correct and in common usage north of the UK border.)"

I'm sick to the back teeth of people who assume British means English. The only part of the country that is North of the UK border is Northern Ireland specifically North of the UK border with The Republic of Ireland.

By *utsidenakedMan
over a year ago

Dorchester

"I’m sick to the teeth of the people who have been on here months, have a few pics but haven’t gotten photo verified, there should be a rule of having 5 days or what ever to verify your account or you can’t upload photos or chat until you have done so before it’s deactivated.

Fully agree time something done to limit the amount of fakes and time waisters, verify with full nude and face, good plan the five day rule

"

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"

I'm sick to the back teeth of people who assume British means English. The only part of the country that is North of the UK border is Northern Ireland specifically North of the UK border with The Republic of Ireland."

Very true.

By *ubiousOatcakeMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"The only part of the country that is North of the UK border is Northern Ireland specifically North of the UK border with The Republic of Ireland."

I did already put my hand up to that error. In my defence, it was caused by a few edits to shorten what I had originally written but, yeah, it ended up being inaccurate. My bad.

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Of you don't like the rules as they are OP you are not required to stay in the club.

Just another thread where one person wishes to impose their version of what's acceptable on everyone else...

over a year ago

If they don't show any meet veris on their profile they should be hounded off the site.

over a year ago

"Shit, wrong profile."

over a year ago

are they fake or have they just said no or not answered ??

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"

I've got a great idea, I really hope it catches on.

You run your profile your way.

Other people can run their profile their way.

over a year ago

In common usage north of the UK border ? That is Sweden, Russia and Iceland and they don't speak English there.

You have me there."

I can verify that 'gotten' is not a word used in Iceland.

I should know as I'm from there.

Eski

Xoxo

over a year ago

You have me there.

I can verify that 'gotten' is not a word used in Iceland.

I should know as I'm from there.

Eski

Xoxo"

Fengið or havið what they would use instead.

over a year ago

"

Fair point and we are long overdue. It three unrelated guys have verified us so people can see that we are both here.

over a year ago

I'm not photo verified but I would kik video call if we were at the meeting stage - I only give it out for camming not chit chatting

Post new Message to Thread