Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Is life overrated ? Part 2

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do you think life is mostly humdrum, monotonous affair, broken up by looking forward to the weekend, waiting for fleeting glimpses of fun, in between he tedium. When you experience things for the first time do they live up to expectations.

Or has Everything lived up to what you dreamt of as a kid, or is life essentially overrated and we’re just making are way through it ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Life is far from monotonous.

over a year ago

"Do you think life is mostly humdrum, monotonous affair, broken up by looking forward to the weekend, waiting for fleeting glimpses of fun, in between he tedium. When you experience things for the first time do they live up to expectations.

Or has Everything lived up to what you dreamt of as a kid, or is life essentially overrated and we’re just making are way through it ?"

Vastly overrated! I take a very existentialist view of it all.

over a year ago

Yes and no yes it can get a bit samey but i never realised the effect having kids would have on me work wise i dont do what i drempt of as a boy but its better than i thought id get

Outside work tho i dont have the money to do what i want when i want but again seeing my kids especially the little one washes away my worries

over a year ago

It's easy to slip into that train of thought, but it depends how brave you are and it can be anything you want. I wish I was more brave !

over a year ago

I don’t find life boring or monotonous. I have a full life with great friends I see often and a job I love going to everyday.

Everyday is different for me. I treasure life.

Mrs

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

Nope ... life is wonderful ...

over a year ago

I’m just waiting for the Facebook inspiration quotes to come, like ‘One life, live it.’

over a year ago

The best bits of it are just underrated. With a bit of mindfulness and positivity you can stop always chasing the next big buzz and enjoy the current moment. I'm not always successful at this, but I do try.

over a year ago

Life is what you make it ... if you don't like it then take control and make changes!!

Life is fantastic ... even during the shitiest if 6 weeks

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

You only live once but if you do it right once is enough.

(No idea of relevance)

There you go hun. Mwah. x

over a year ago

"You only live once but if you do it right once is enough.

(No idea of relevance)

There you go hun. Mwah. x"

Love you

By *inkyfun2013Couple
over a year ago

lewisham

Life's generally pretty good. Certainly more fun than the alternative.

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

Compared to the alternative, I’ll take life every time

over a year ago

Why do you I'm leaving everything behind to go backpacking? I can't do routine and monotony...

over a year ago

Why go to the effort of creating a universe so I have to queue up at the checkouts in Asda ?

over a year ago

"Why go to the effort of creating a universe so I have to queue up at the checkouts in Asda ?"

I think you've nailed it!!

over a year ago

The mundane bits are only put there to make us appreciate the good bits even more!

Preparing that presentation for the Board? Ah yeah but when you’re sucking on some nipples later imagine how much more you’re gonna enjoy it compared to the alternative!

over a year ago

Life is fabulous..It's 250 million to one that sperm hit that egg.To make you.

The odds of you existing and everyone one of your ancestors reaching maturity and replicating since the beginning is trillions to one .

Don't waste your time.Billions never made it this far.

over a year ago

"The mundane bits are only put there to make us appreciate the good bits even more!

Preparing that presentation for the Board? Ah yeah but when you’re sucking on some nipples later imagine how much more you’re gonna enjoy it compared to the alternative! "

I’ll be thinking about the queue in Asda.

over a year ago

"Life is fabulous..It's 250 million to one that sperm hit that egg.To make you.

The odds of you existing and everyone one of your ancestors reaching maturity and replicating since the beginning is trillions to one .

Don't waste your time.Billions never made it this far."

That’s it, I’m never queuing again, I’m ordering home delivery!

over a year ago

It’s what you make it. That’s it really.

over a year ago

"It’s what you make it. That’s it really. "

That's exactly it in a nutshell

By *egasus NobMan
over a year ago

Merton

"Do you think life is mostly humdrum, monotonous affair, broken up by looking forward to the weekend, waiting for fleeting glimpses of fun, in between he tedium. When you experience things for the first time do they live up to expectations.

Or has Everything lived up to what you dreamt of as a kid, or is life essentially overrated and we’re just making are way through it ?"

Life as no meaning we are the one that gives it meaning because the ego wants to survive, banana might mean food to you to a cat means nothing. We live for two things generally speaking to avoid suffering and seeking the ultimate pleasure. Looking forward to the weekend is a sheep mentality do you think millionaire can tell the difference between Saturday and Monday, no because they are out of the rat race, full autonomy and freedom of wage slave. We are all born to die but on the journey towards death understanding happiness, valve and content also health is important to have a good life. You can't easily have a good life if the engine [body & mind] is broken.

over a year ago

It's horrendously underrated, if you think otherwise you have A LOT of growing to do as an individual. Espaiclly if you were born in the UK.

over a year ago

"It's horrendously underrated, if you think otherwise you have A LOT of growing to do as an individual. Espaiclly if you were born in the UK. "

There it is!!! You don't stop playing because you're old you grow old because you stop playing... You're saying your life has to be horrendous because your grown up? If it's not you shpuld grow up?

over a year ago

You know how crap real life is when grown adults look forward to Xmas so much to stop the monotony and sheer trudgery of everyday life.

over a year ago

"It's horrendously underrated, if you think otherwise you have A LOT of growing to do as an individual. Espaiclly if you were born in the UK.

There it is!!! You don't stop playing because you're old you grow old because you stop playing... You're saying your life has to be horrendous because your grown up? If it's not you shpuld grow up?"

Firstly, I am really struggling to understand what you are saying?

Would you kindly reshare your point?

Secondly, growing and growing "up" are two entirely different things. Growth and development are essential for a healthy mind. People don't stop growing unless you shut yourself off from the world regardless of your age.

By *eKoopleCouple
over a year ago

Germany / Manchester

A monotonous life is a wasted life. The challenge is finding what your purpose is, then moving forward with that. It's not to say that once you see your purpose, all will be well. You will be challenged, but those challenges will be worthwhile because your life has meaning and direction.

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

I personally find ,, it helps ,, being as deep as a puddle

over a year ago

(No idea of relevance)

There you go hun. Mwah. x"

Work, eat, sleep, repeat

I might get a T Shirt

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

(No idea of relevance)

There you go hun. Mwah. x

Work, eat, sleep, repeat

I might get a T Shirt "

Love that film. Groundhog Day

over a year ago

"It's horrendously underrated, if you think otherwise you have A LOT of growing to do as an individual. Espaiclly if you were born in the UK. "

What difference does it matter where you are born, being born in the UK doesn’t mean you are going to have this utopian life, everyone has struggles and has to deal with the mundane.

I’m not saying it’s not amazing that we are here on a rock floating in space.

But does life actually measure up to what you thought when you were young, nah it’s not even close.

over a year ago

"It's horrendously underrated, if you think otherwise you have A LOT of growing to do as an individual. Espaiclly if you were born in the UK.

What difference does it matter where you are born, being born in the UK doesn’t mean you are going to have this utopian life, everyone has struggles and has to deal with the mundane.

But does life actually measure up to what you thought when you were young, nah it’s not even close. "

You have not travelled. Even if you have travelled you haven't if you know what I mean

The fact we are born is a mirical. The fact we were born here puts it into the 1% of those who are born into a level of wealth that the majority of the world do not have.

My life is better than i thought it would have ever been. I have developed Beyond what I was able to comprehend. I hope you can feel the same one day my friend. Feel free to message me privately as this is a huge topic

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

We're being watched by a more intelligent species,life is a game. Get to the end and you win and the prize is...death.

over a year ago

"Why go to the effort of creating a universe so I have to queue up at the checkouts in Asda ?

I think you've nailed it!! "

over a year ago

Only for the poor.

over a year ago

"Why go to the effort of creating a universe so I have to queue up at the checkouts in Asda ?"

over a year ago

"We're being watched by a more intelligent species,life is a game. Get to the end and you win and the prize is...death."

Very interesting. I would love to know more about you philosophy???

over a year ago

"Why go to the effort of creating a universe so I have to queue up at the checkouts in Asda ? "

over a year ago

Or has Everything lived up to what you dreamt of as a kid, or is life essentially overrated and we’re just making are way through it ?

Life as no meaning we are the one that gives it meaning because the ego wants to survive, banana might mean food to you to a cat means nothing. We live for two things generally speaking to avoid suffering and seeking the ultimate pleasure. Looking forward to the weekend is a sheep mentality do you think millionaire can tell the difference between Saturday and Monday, no because they are out of the rat race, full autonomy and freedom of wage slave. We are all born to die but on the journey towards death understanding happiness, valve and content also health is important to have a good life. You can't easily have a good life if the engine [body & mind] is broken."

Amen !

over a year ago

Life is fantastic, OK so some bit's I would like to change but so what, I'm alive and I'm enjoying every bloody minute of it and if I'm lucky I'll make some other people I interact with smile a little too.

I've been in the unfortunate position to see a few young people lose there's prematurely, a couple while I've been holding their hands. It's a hell of a thing to witness those last few breaths.

If life isn't good then do something about it, it's no use blaming someone or something else for your misery, just learn to accept help and learn to help yourself. Crap happens to us all at sometime, just don't wallow in it!

over a year ago

There is a song lyric

"And when I'm lying in my bed

I think about life and I think about death

And neither one particularly appeals to me"

Seems reasonable.

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

I always say the meaning of life is not to worry about what the meaning of life is ...... I think the most important trait we need to have is adaptability . Our thoughts our perspectives must constantly change to suit each different day and the outside influences we encounter. If you don’t !!!! The rut can set in

over a year ago

It can be a bit samey but I think it's up to you to live your life how you want. If you're bored then do something different.

Of course there's also those times life throws things up that will shake up your world. I tend to embrace them and go with it.

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

You look around at others , from the starving refugees , to the aristocracy , and wonder if they think about life the same way as you do .

What is it all for ?

Is this it ?

Are we being tested on a constant basis ?

I asked myself all this as a teenager , and came to something of a conclusion . I figured we are all on a path to somewhere , and we get various choices as we travel along it . So everything good that happens is as a result of an action ( choice ) we made at some point , and everything bad the same . And not necessarily in this life as I believe in reincarnation , karma etc.....

So whether it’s overrated or underrated , it’s what we have to go through , and we have already mapped out the rough draft this time round .

I’m not sure where queuing in ASDA comes into the equation , I guess in the grand scheme of things it’s right up there with starving kids , the Middle East wars , antibiotic resistant diseases and so on , so shouldn’t be ignored .

#nomorequeues

over a year ago

At the moment I am talking and meeting some really lovely people.

My work seems good and things are fairly settled.

I can't really complain

over a year ago

It can be when we don't add that sparkle

over a year ago

"It can be when we don't add that sparkle "

I could do with some sparkle!

But I need it to be the right kind

over a year ago

"It can be when we don't add that sparkle "

Music is that sparkle and beautiful women.

By *egasus NobMan
over a year ago

Merton

But does life actually measure up to what you thought when you were young, nah it’s not even close.

You have not travelled. Even if you have travelled you haven't if you know what I mean

The fact we are born is a mirical. The fact we were born here puts it into the 1% of those who are born into a level of wealth that the majority of the world do not have.

My life is better than i thought it would have ever been. I have developed Beyond what I was able to comprehend. I hope you can feel the same one day my friend. Feel free to message me privately as this is a huge topic "

You are comparing slum and poverty which they are different. If you are born in the UK you can grow up in hash poverty, however, your bin is collected, sewage system working and your environment is moderately clean. You can see beyond everyone you know being ill, disease etc.

over a year ago

"It can be when we don't add that sparkle

Music is that sparkle and beautiful women. "

Music and hot men with an admiring glance for the hot ladies for me

over a year ago

Sometimes I find life incredibly hard. Sometimes it's fantastic. I'm working on more of the former

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

Life is amazing it's mindset stop worrying about what you haven't or have lost new year next week go win it..

over a year ago

My life is better than i thought it would have ever been. I have developed Beyond what I was able to comprehend. I hope you can feel the same one day my friend. Feel free to message me privately as this is a huge topic "

I’ve travelled, oh I’ve travelled, I’ve been as far as Truro in one direction and as far as Yeovil in the other.

over a year ago

"I always say the meaning of life is not to worry about what the meaning of life is ...... I think the most important trait we need to have is adaptability . Our thoughts our perspectives must constantly change to suit each different day and the outside influences we encounter. If you don’t !!!! The rut can set in "

There is no meaning to life, it’s only the human ego that thinks there must be one, cause surely all of this can’t be for nothing, but it is.

By *rbean69Man
over a year ago

Stroud

[Removed by poster at 19/12/18 19:27:52]

over a year ago

As talk talk said, life is what you make it.

over a year ago

"Surely any monotony in life is due to work and chores (i.e.things that can't be avoided). I NEVER get bored when my time is my own and I can't understand the mentality of anyone who does (subject to reasonable health and a minimum of income). I genuinely think that anyone who gets bored in their own time does not deserve to have been born human."

This makes me think of the Nirvana lyric, ‘Wish I was like you, easily amused.’

What a ridiculous statement, people can be bored due to lack of finances, opportunity, location. Different if you have wealth and opportunity, but not everyone has access to both.

By *egasus NobMan
over a year ago

Merton

"I always say the meaning of life is not to worry about what the meaning of life is ...... I think the most important trait we need to have is adaptability . Our thoughts our perspectives must constantly change to suit each different day and the outside influences we encounter. If you don’t !!!! The rut can set in

There is no meaning to life, it’s only the human ego that thinks there must be one, cause surely all of this can’t be for nothing, but it is. "

On the contrary, the only reason you have lived or survived to an adult is also that of [your]ego. Who you think you are and the self-image you have needs feeding from basic survival needs to the unnecessary.

Post new Message to Thread