Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Workout DVDs

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Its that time of the year when lots of people are releasing them,, whilst browsing in Morrisons at the selection i decided i would more than likely get more enjoyment out of sticking on the music channels and dancing like a twat until i can no longer stand.

I know this wont be targeted exercise but for someone of my size every bit counts and its beats sitting on my ass. I want to be able to last more than 5 mins without dying when i do finally get round to purchasing one

Have there been any DVDs or Video's that you found actually worked?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

no, i just do the wii and walk more

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Doctor and friends have advised walking and dance games on the Wii until i loose some weight and feel ready to hit the gym

By *kyblue2681Woman
over a year ago

manchester

im doing the same as the above wii dance games (as fun and doesn't feel like a work out) and i now walk everywhere instead of getting lifts

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

I was going to the gym and swimming until i damaged my ribs and that was last june and i still get twinges even now.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Probably the best thing to do with one of those is to get one from a charity shop for little money..

then go to your nearest angry bull and cowpat free field..

'wing' said dvd as far as you can, walk after it pick it up and repeat till knackered..

failing that buy a puppy..

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

Zumba is meant to be good fun.

Want to try it but need to be able to walk again first lol

By *evilwolfCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

Yep walking's fantastic, and if you've joint problems anywhere between your back and ankles then go swimming and do some there - if you can do em both (no one ever sinks in the pool ).

If you get too good at walking buy some ankle weights and walk/jog with those on. 10,000 steps a day is the target to aim for. You may only manage a couple of hundred to start with, but it will improve.

The trouble with workout DVDs are that you only get good at doing the set of excercises on the DVD. Going outdoors gets you some good fresh air, and helps burn extra calories walking around in the cooler air.

Wolf

over a year ago

Crank the music up and dance with your little one... make it fun, have a giggle.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Since i started walking, my athritis in my knee has hardly flared up. Damp weather still makes it bad, but i actually rang down the street the other day, nearly had to pick my mother up of the floor

over a year ago

"Zumba is meant to be good fun.

Want to try it but need to be able to walk again first lol"

lol! I highly recommend Zumba, especially if you have a wii console or similar... I enjoy trying to keep up but cos no one can see me I don't feel like a tw@t

It's the fastest way for me to lose any extra pounds

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

i need to buy a replacement wii control as my little one has managed to hide it somewhere.. but frustrating.

Just dance 3 looks pretty good mind :D

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

"Zumba is meant to be good fun.

Want to try it but need to be able to walk again first lol

lol! I highly recommend Zumba, especially if you have a wii console or similar... I enjoy trying to keep up but cos no one can see me I don't feel like a tw@t

It's the fastest way for me to lose any extra pounds "

Want to try it at home first too, but not having blinds in the living room will give the neighbours a good laugh anyway lol

over a year ago

"i need to buy a replacement wii control as my little one has managed to hide it somewhere.. but frustrating.

Just dance 3 looks pretty good mind :D "

Zumba Zumba Zumba!!!

Just Dance is good but Zumba is awesome!

over a year ago

"i need to buy a replacement wii control as my little one has managed to hide it somewhere.. but frustrating.

Just dance 3 looks pretty good mind :D "

We have all the just dance games.... they are good fun, my 3 doing them is particularly funny!

over a year ago

No workout DVD for me, I just practice the tap dance steps I have learnt and work myself into a sweat.

Got a set of Zumba DVDs and shakers, hardly used them now that I have taken up dancing.

over a year ago

I have a selection of good workout dvds.. but all dance based..

I think going to an exercise class though can help as its more fun with others.. That is why the wii is so good.. or the kinext on the 360 as if its fun your more likely to do it.

I have started kickboxing too now.. and have zumba... I have given the gym the boot.. basically because I found it to isolated..

Gym is good if there is more than just you to go..

Wii zumba is good although the rosemary conley dvds are good.

Cali x

over a year ago

i do alot of walking

just dance 1,2,and 3

wii fit

i have also taken to pole dancing lessions and burlesque

Post new Message to Thread