Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do you get starstruck

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I don't understand people who run up to celebrities like they're family. I see celebrities and think he/she is doing well at their job. I mean real celebs not people of Geordie Shore, Love Island etc.

So do you get starstruck

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No not at all i grew up around sporting heros and celebritys

So there just normal people to me

over a year ago

Starstruck? Nope.

One thing I will do though if it's someone that has had a positive impact on me (musician mainly) is thank them.

P

over a year ago

I almost did a wee when I met George St Pierre

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Yeah. When I met Neil Gaiman I creamed myself and asked him about Discworld.

Authors get me a bit mainly. Oh and a few lecturers. And the odd actor. I'm really bad at recognising popular culture celebrities normally which is a good thing for them I think.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

I've tried to say something funny to a few famous comedians in my time.

Probably failed miserably each time but just can't help it.

A

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I get overawed and tongue tied sometimes. But apart from shy, I don't think I make it weird.

over a year ago

Nah! They’re just people doing their job.

I never get it when people literally scream at pop stars. Or faint. Or cry when a band split up.

Everyone knows there’s only 3 reasons to cry : the birth of your child, the death of a loved one, and when your football team gets relegated.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Nah! They’re just people doing their job.

I never get it when people literally scream at pop stars. Or faint. Or cry when a band split up.

Everyone knows there’s only 3 reasons to cry : the birth of your child, the death of a loved one, and when your football team gets relegated. "

Or you get your foreskin caught in your zip.

A

over a year ago

Everyone knows there’s only 3 reasons to cry : the birth of your child, the death of a loved one, and when your football team gets relegated.

A"

ah yeah! I’ll give you that!! 4!

over a year ago

No, I’ve served A listers on flights previously, they are just like the rest of us.

over a year ago

i was once, bumped into Ted Danson while trying to crab a taxi in New York, all I said was of all the places to bump into you, he just laughed, that was all really, wife called me a knob

over a year ago

A"

Legs are crossed

over a year ago

"I get overawed and tongue tied sometimes. But apart from shy, I don't think I make it weird. "

Bet you . Till they leave

over a year ago

Nah, they don't have that much of an effect on me. They're just people.

Jason Momoa however, I'd climb him like a tree...you've been warned Jason!

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I get overawed and tongue tied sometimes. But apart from shy, I don't think I make it weird.

Bet you . Till they leave "

Haha no. My idea of celebrities isn't anyone else's though. They talk to me and I have to force my brain to work, rather than going "omg it's (name)"

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I've met a lot of famous athletes.

Yes I'm always a bit starstruck, but they're just normal people who happened to blessed with an amazing natural ability & doing what they do best.

I'll admit to being a bit flustered & moist when Chris Hoy kissed me on the cheek though.

over a year ago

I get very starstruck. I've been tongue tied at lots of forum socials. But they were lovely people and very nice.

over a year ago

It's only happened to me with one person, an actor but not even hugely famous. He was so breathtakingly beautiful in person that I could hardly string a sentence together!

I've met and worked with loads of far more famous people and never been fazed like that.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

"I don't understand people who run up to celebrities like they're family. I see celebrities and think he/she is doing well at their job. I mean real celebs not people of Geordie Shore, Love Island etc.

So do you get starstruck "

I got used to seeing them when I worked at Gatwick, I met Angelina Jolie, Claudia Schiffer, David Soul, Ronnie Corbett and James Brown but you are in work mode so you have to be professional.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Tell you a funny story. When my son was about 9 i took him to euro disney there was only one of each character walking round. You knew when a character was around as all the kids where running and screaming. Anyway i spotted minnie mouse and noone had seen her without a thought i ran up to her and flung my arms around her and gave her a kiss. When i turned round my son and sister where where id left them and i was surrounded by loads of kids waiting for a hug

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I've seen a few famous people and as others have said, they're just people very good at their job.

The only time I ever got starry eyed was when I met Dame Tani Grey-Thompson.

over a year ago

"Tell you a funny story. When my son was about 9 i took him to euro disney there was only one of each character walking round. You knew when a character was around as all the kids where running and screaming. Anyway i spotted minnie mouse and noone had seen her without a thought i ran up to her and flung my arms around her and gave her a kiss. When i turned round my son and sister where where id left them and i was surrounded by loads of kids waiting for a hug "
can tell who you really want coming down the chimney

over a year ago

"I don't understand people who run up to celebrities like they're family. I see celebrities and think he/she is doing well at their job. I mean real celebs not people of Geordie Shore, Love Island etc.

So do you get starstruck

I got used to seeing them when I worked at Gatwick, I met Angelina Jolie, Claudia Schiffer, David Soul, Ronnie Corbett and James Brown but you are in work mode so you have to be professional. "

If you weren't in that setting what would you do haha

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

So do you get starstruck

I got used to seeing them when I worked at Gatwick, I met Angelina Jolie, Claudia Schiffer, David Soul, Ronnie Corbett and James Brown but you are in work mode so you have to be professional.

If you weren't in that setting what would you do haha"

Probably the same as I always do, smile and nod to them. Why piss them off going mad over them, they have better solicitors the I can afford

over a year ago

So do you get starstruck "

Met one or two celebrities and I was fine. But, when I met one of my all time heroes Jane Goodall after one of her lectures I struggled to speak, even though she has a fierce reputation she was lovely put me at my ease and answered my questions about her lecture and her time in Gombe. What an absolute legend she is.

over a year ago

Nope

over a year ago

So do you get starstruck

If you weren't in that setting what would you do haha

Probably the same as I always do, smile and nod to them. Why piss them off going mad over them, they have better solicitors the I can afford "

Lmfao ROFL

over a year ago

ive chauffeured plenty around , ive never asked for an autograph.

By *ogNMuseCouple
over a year ago

Surrey

Few years ago I used to do stills photography for film / music video productions at Shepperton studios, got to meet loads of big names, never once got starstruck - I was doing my job, they were doing theirs.

Some were definitely a case of never meeting your heroes (Paul Weller), others were simply a joy to be around, made a point of getting to know everyones name, and thanking them - Kylie, Emma Thompson, Michael Gambon, Status Quo to name a few

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

No, I've met quite a few over the years. I get the vibe that they've actually enjoyed having a normal conversation and a laugh with me rather than being fawned over or expected to be a performing monkey

over a year ago

Always get a bit flustered when seeing the rugby boys in the local Tesco especially Danny or Henry.

over a year ago

Ive never been up close to any celebrities and if I did I would be unlikely to recognise them. Unless it was the lovely Gary from Snow Patrol. I may go weak then

By *ike OxsbigMan
over a year ago

Southport

Nope.. I see all of us as the same. No one is above or below me... not even the queen .

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

No.

over a year ago

I've accidentally bumped into a couple of celebs in my life and never really had an issue, just been on my way. Waited outside the stage door at a couple of plays and been fine too, except once when my absolute favourite musical actor was playing Jean Valjean, he came out the stage door and I just...stared, he was so hot!

By *picknspanMan
over a year ago

North West Leeds

Celebrities?

Tani Grey Thompson? Jason Mambo?

Rugby players from Gloucester and heaven forbid, Ronnie Corbett...

I think my pants would be moist at the merest thought of bumping into any of these monumental super stars!

What happened to real A list, grade one proper Celebrities?

Keith Chegwin, Floella Benjamin, The Chuckle Brothers and Lucinda Prior-Palmer to name just 4 of the greatest ever British major celebrities....(more than 4 if count both Chuckle Brothers)

By *ackDanielsWhiteRabbitMan
over a year ago

Halifax

Years ago for work I travelled with Sunderland football team from Newcastle to Stevenage. All were just really nice, down to earth lads. Niall Quinn was really friendly and invited me to join the poker game with Micky Gray and Kevin Phillips but their stakes were a little out of my league lol.

Post new Message to Thread