Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Some single men have standards actually

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Not many of us, but a few do. Yeah, women have the upper hand in terms of numbers, but doesn’t mean we all will lower are standards. Sometimes it’s easier just to have a wank.

This thread was started for the interest of balance.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I prefer a man who is fussy and has standards

over a year ago

You got to have some sort of standards, how would you know what you liked if you didnt?

over a year ago

I’m more interested in the women with incredibly low standards. My target audience!

over a year ago

I like those men! Even if I don't fancy em

over a year ago

"I’m more interested in the women with incredibly low standards. My target audience!"

And bad eye sight ?

over a year ago

How do you know how many do or don't have standards OP?

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

"You got to have some sort of standards, how would you know what you liked if you didnt?"

Knowing what you like is preference surely?

Having standards is a good thing, you can still look yourself in the mirror every morning

over a year ago

Standards suggests people are above or below others.. I think the term preferences is far more pleasant. We all have things we are attracted to or unattracted to. But one persons no is another persons yes. I'm at a loss as to why some make it any more than it is.

over a year ago

"I’m more interested in the women with incredibly low standards. My target audience!"

Hey. I never lower my standards! That’s an insult to me

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/12/18 19:36:03]

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

"Standards suggests people are above or below others.. I think the term preferences is far more pleasant. We all have things we are attracted to or unattracted to. But one persons no is another persons yes. I'm at a loss as to why some make it any more than it is.

"

Some people don’t understand why others fancy who they fancy, c’est la vie

over a year ago

"I’m more interested in the women with incredibly low standards. My target audience!

Hey. I never lower my standards! That’s an insult to me "

Someone help me out of this hole!!

By *ruebameMan
over a year ago

from the womb and tryout to get back

I have standards and wouldn't lower them just because its a swinging site doesn't mean I'm going to just message anyone to try and get my wicked way would rather meet someone that I fancy and click with

over a year ago

"I’m more interested in the women with incredibly low standards. My target audience!

Someone help me out of this hole!! "

I beg your pardon

over a year ago

after seeing a thread on these forums i realized that I didnt meet the standards a lot require and expect.

so to save any more time being wasted i blocked them people and now concentrate on people who would not only end up in bed with me.

but would be equally happy walking down the street with me or going to dinner.

over a year ago

"Standards suggests people are above or below others.. I think the term preferences is far more pleasant. We all have things we are attracted to or unattracted to. But one persons no is another persons yes. I'm at a loss as to why some make it any more than it is.

"

It’s more the presumption, that every bloke on here, will literally fuck anything. When it isn’t the case.

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

I like a man with standards

over a year ago

Some people don’t understand why others fancy who they fancy, c’est la vie "

I don't understand why anyone cares so much.. baffles me!

By *erby DomCouple
over a year ago

Ashbourne(ish) and Chesterfield(ish)

Everyone has standards or preferences and that is a very good thing.

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

Someone help me out of this hole!! "

I was going to hand you a shovel but it’s looks like you are digging yourself deeper

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

I don't understand why anyone cares so much.. baffles me! "

Me either, other people’s prefersmces have never had any effect on me whatsoever

over a year ago

It’s more the presumption, that every bloke on here, will literally fuck anything. When it isn’t the case. "

I think the generalisations overall are just plain daft. Anyone with any intelligence judges an individual on their own merits.

over a year ago

I Have standards aswell and will not lower them for anyone also like a lot of guys on here it’s all about a hole is a goal well not for me,if your not up to scratch that’s it.

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

It’s more the presumption, that every bloke on here, will literally fuck anything. When it isn’t the case.

I think the generalisations overall are just plain daft. Anyone with any intelligence judges an individual on their own merits. "

That’s how I do it but for others you have to be x,y,z otherwise they are lowering themselves

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

"Not many of us, but a few do. Yeah, women have the upper hand in terms of numbers, but doesn’t mean we all will lower are standards. Sometimes it’s easier just to have a wank.

This thread was started for the interest of balance. "

Yeah I do and even in clubs.

over a year ago

I don't understand why anyone cares so much.. baffles me!

Me either, other people’s prefersmces have never had any effect on me whatsoever "

Exactly.. I don't care who shags who.. and don't get why anyone else does either.. totally playground!

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Hey. I never lower my standards! That’s an insult to me "

over a year ago

I beg your pardon "

I’ve dug myself a hole with a silly comment! I know you have standards which is one of the many reasons I like you so much x

By *rx1Couple
over a year ago

North West Devon...

"Not many of us, but a few do. Yeah, women have the upper hand in terms of numbers, but doesn’t mean we all will lower are standards. Sometimes it’s easier just to have a wank.

Great thread, so in the interest of Balance, what are your standards ie how high is your bar and how low does it go...

It made me smile with your "Wank" comment.

at an arranged meeting I asked a fairly good Fab friend once, why he met so many woman of what i would call differing body types and why he travelled so far to meet them.

He replied "they are all better than having a Wank"

I wasnt sure if i should shag him, Wank him...so we settled on a Cuppa that night

over a year ago

I think the generalisations overall are just plain daft. Anyone with any intelligence judges an individual on their own merits.

That’s how I do it but for others you have to be x,y,z otherwise they are lowering themselves "

Then they belong in the muppet category and in no way speak for or represent the rest of their sex, age or any other category.

By *good-being-badMan
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

I've often said for me fab is a two way street.

we all have the same choices, yes please or no thanks.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It’s nonsense

over a year ago

High standards are good. I like a man who uses a milk jug

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"

I’m so glad you said this , and I wholheartedly agree with you .

No one is above or below anyone , and preferences is a much better way to put it . If anyone ever said they were willing to lower their standards to meet someone on here we would view that person with more than a teaspoonful of disdain . How do they figure that person is worthy of such a disgusting slur ? What makes them think they are a notch above anyone else ?

People often talk about personality being more important than anything else on here . And anyone who thinks they are better than anyone else on here immediately is written off personality wise by us .

over a year ago

I beg your pardon

I’ve dug myself a hole with a silly comment! I know you have standards which is one of the many reasons I like you so much x "

Haha I’m only messing. You also know that I’m never serious

over a year ago

No one is above or below anyone , and preferences is a much better way to put it . If anyone ever said they were willing to lower their standards to meet someone on here we would view that person with more than a teaspoonful of disdain . How do they figure that person is worthy of such a disgusting slur ? What makes them think they are a notch above anyone else ?

People often talk about personality being more important than anything else on here . And anyone who thinks they are better than anyone else on here immediately is written off personality wise by us ."

100% this place is becoming beyond childish. Why anyone chooses to jump on likes and dislikes with such superiority is beyond me.

We are all equal and we like what we like.. it affects nobody but ourselves so live and let live. Bored of hearing the word 'standards' it's just plain ignorant.

over a year ago

"High standards are good. I like a man who uses a milk jug "

oh yes

over a year ago

By *remiumChocolate_milkMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I'm going through what feels like the biggest drought of my life but will always maintain my standards.

Looks, however, don't never played a huge part in my game. I prefer someone who can tick other boxes such as having great banter, who's relatively normal

Wanking is a great substitute!

over a year ago

And bad eye sight ? "

And daddy issues.

By *nSeeNMan
over a year ago

Z'ha'dum

Is there kite marks associated with these standards?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/12/18 20:21:32]

over a year ago

yes people exclude others before they even get to know them.

was disappointing for me to discover people id been privately chatting to and developing good rapport with posting on the forum that meeting me was completely out of the question.

as most the women i meet (including the one this past weekend) are 5ft 6 and taller some even 5ft 11 i did feel i had been kicked out or excluded in a similar way the germans did to others from 1939.

and as i do look to meet i had no option, regardless of past relationship verbal or otherwise to end all communications with them as they had already closed the door.

sad but a lot of people never ever think of the possibility of friendship they exclude because they themselves are inferior and frightened of learning something about themselves.

over a year ago

People often talk about personality being more important than anything else on here . And anyone who thinks they are better than anyone else on here immediately is written off personality wise by us .

100% this place is becoming beyond childish. Why anyone chooses to jump on likes and dislikes with such superiority is beyond me.

We are all equal and we like what we like.. it affects nobody but ourselves so live and let live. Bored of hearing the word 'standards' it's just plain ignorant.

was disappointing for me to discover people id been privately chatting to and developing good rapport with posting on the forum that meeting me was completely out of the question.

as most the women i meet (including the one this past weekend) are 5ft 6 and taller some even 5ft 11 i did feel i had been kicked out or excluded in a similar way the germans did to others from 1939.

and as i do look to meet i had no option, regardless of past relationship verbal or otherwise to end all communications with them as they had already closed the door.

sad but a lot of people never ever think of the possibility of friendship they include because they themselves are inferior and frightened of learning something about themselves.

I think that's really sad.. especially if you had a friendship blossoming. We all have preferences but how often are we attracted to something else in the real world!? I have a huge thing for bald men tall men.. then married a short guy with lots of hair. That's attraction..

"

over a year ago

And presumably makes tea in a pot, not the mug!

over a year ago

I’ve thought about adjusting my preferences, just for a veri tbh! But then thought against it

over a year ago

I like who i like and if i like them enough and think theres a shot nothing will get in my way

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I like who i like and if i like them enough and think theres a shot nothing will get in my way"
a James Bond attitude

over a year ago

"

I like you. You have a fantastic way of putting things

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

"I like who i like and if i like them enough and think theres a shot nothing will get in my way"
Man on a mission or stalker

over a year ago

High standards lol, which basically translates to, some people are ugly, slutty, or below "standard".

Great way of thinking, and segregating people on the site, even though we're all here for the same thing.

over a year ago

Blimey. Didn’t think it was intended as a serious thread!

over a year ago

"

This

over a year ago

I like you. You have a fantastic way of putting things "

Ah thanks

over a year ago

Not anywhere near ocd but the only standards I'm interested in is cleanliness

Quite off putting if men have veris from people that look unclean(houses/nails ect)

Beauty and attraction are so subjective

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

"

I kind of agree with you but in my opinion if someone has standards . Then it means they stick to their preferences and don’t deviate . This is not about being better than someone it’s about being true to yourself

over a year ago

"I like who i like and if i like them enough and think theres a shot nothing will get in my way Man on a mission or stalker "
little column A

Little column B but it gets the job done

over a year ago

sad but a lot of people never ever think of the possibility of friendship they include because they themselves are inferior and frightened of learning something about themselves.

I think that's really sad.. especially if you had a friendship blossoming. We all have preferences but how often are we attracted to something else in the real world!? I have a huge thing for bald men tall men.. then married a short guy with lots of hair. That's attraction..

"

i had no choice in the matter. the majority of women that use this forum made if very clear meeting me was out of the question via their posting.

but i am very lucky because i get to meet different women from here and now another site where other members had to vote you on to it to gain membership so i know i am doing something right.

im honest, well presented man who knows how to behave anyone who knows me will tell you that.

its a shame a few friendships had to end this way, but being a gentlemen i respect the majority of the ladies on the forum and their decision.

i just look forward to see them same women complain about shitty meets and fuckbuddies clearing off to shag someone else.

over a year ago

"Blimey. Didn’t think it was intended as a serious thread! "

it’s Fab innit! Expect the unexpected!

over a year ago

"Blimey. Didn’t think it was intended as a serious thread!

it’s Fab innit! Expect the unexpected! "

I want to Shag FFS

over a year ago

"Blimey. Didn’t think it was intended as a serious thread!

it’s Fab innit! Expect the unexpected!

I want to Shag FFS "

Innit!

over a year ago

Rather than standards.... I think I'm more akin to use the word attractions..... And I'm not talking theme parks.... However I'm hoping there will be several ups and downs

over a year ago

I kind of agree with you but in my opinion if someone has standards . Then it means they stick to their preferences and don’t deviate . This is not about being better than someone it’s about being true to yourself "

I get your point but preferences are flexible therefore can change according to other factors..we've all fancied someone totally outside our usual 'type' at some point..

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Tame said it was a question of balance.

over a year ago

"Rather than standards.... I think I'm more akin to use the word attractions..... And I'm not talking theme parks.... However I'm hoping there will be several ups and downs "

ROFL

over a year ago

"High standards are good. I like a man who uses a milk jug

And presumably makes tea in a pot, not the mug! "

Yes, definitely. Love a cup & saucer too. I’m quite easily pleased lol

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

I kind of agree with you but in my opinion if someone has standards . Then it means they stick to their preferences and don’t deviate . This is not about being better than someone it’s about being true to yourself

I get your point but preferences are flexible therefore can change according to other factors..we've all fancied someone totally outside our usual 'type' at some point.."

So true . But a change in preference does not mean a lowering of standards . I guess the question is there a direct correlation between standards and preferences ? I’d like to think I have standards and will be true to those but preferences can change ?? Oh shit I’m confused ,,,, I am but man

over a year ago

"Tame said it was a question of balance. "

Balance? I'm surprised Tame hasn't fallen over he's holding such a massive wooden spoon

over a year ago

i had no choice in the matter. the majority of women that use this forum made if very clear meeting me was out of the question via their posting.

but i am very lucky because i get to meet different women from here and now another site where other members had to vote you on to it to gain membership so i know i am doing something right.

im honest, well presented man who knows how to behave anyone who knows me will tell you that.

its a shame a few friendships had to end this way, but being a gentlemen i respect the majority of the ladies on the forum and their decision.

i just look forward to see them same women complain about shitty meets and fuckbuddies clearing off to shag someone else. "

I think you have been hurt by that thread and I guess that's not surprising. Height isn't an issue for me and there were others on the thread said it wasn't an issue for them. Sometimes it's the negative comments that stick and we overlook the positive ones. And remember the forum is only a tiny part of fab. Try not to lose confidence over it x

over a year ago

over a year ago

"High standards lol, which basically translates to, some people are ugly, slutty, or below "standard".

Great way of thinking, and segregating people on the site, even though we're all here for the same thing.

"

It was in response to the BBW standards thread, didn’t see you say the same on there.

By *oseyoudownMan
over a year ago

Trouble! AGAIN! x

It’s more the presumption, that every bloke on here, will literally fuck anything. When it isn’t the case. "

over a year ago

"

This..

By *orwegian BlueMan
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Standards..

Usually there's a few copies knocking about on the london underground if anyone needs them... They are also free from the stands outside the stations...

To be honest, there's no excuse not to have Standards..

over a year ago

"High standards are good. I like a man who uses a milk jug

And presumably makes tea in a pot, not the mug!

Yes, definitely. Love a cup & saucer too. I’m quite easily pleased lol"

Statements like that should see your inbox filling up!

over a year ago

i just look forward to see them same women complain about shitty meets and fuckbuddies clearing off to shag someone else. "

I’m gobsmacked to be honest. Friendships have to end because of height preferences etc? Ouch. That stung a bit

By *picknspanMan
over a year ago

North West Leeds

Standards. Preferences. Choices. Limits. Ideals. Requirements.

All of these words are merely a way to determine or justify what YOU want and therefore each represent a personal and individual value.

Whether your standards etc are different to another's is purely academic and irrelevant. An individual should select based who or what they desire at a given time. After all, our own decisions and needs will vary from occasion to occasion.

Each to their own and as long as everyone is content then cosy ??

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

I’d prefer to believe that all the men I’ve met have high standards! Doesn’t say much for me if they don’t!

over a year ago

The BBW standard thread said ‘We ladies can afford to have standards.’

Look at the difference in response to essentially saying the same thing.

Yep, double standards.

over a year ago

I feel men that I turn down think I should be accepting because I'm Fat!!! Fat and desperate I'm not.. I too have standards.

over a year ago

So it's not just single men.

over a year ago

"The BBW standard thread said ‘We ladies can afford to have standards.’

Yep, double standards. "

The post was worded badly.. what was far far worse were the responses that larger women would not get a look in on a normal dating site and the analogy to Susan Boyle..the misuse of the word was far more prevalent in the response.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

there are those who stand out because they can.... and there are those who try way too hard because they have to....

if you feel you have to take a shot at others to do it.... you fall into the latter!

over a year ago

there are those who stand out because they can.... and there are those who try way too hard because they have to....

if you feel you have to take a shot at others to do it.... you fall into the latter!"

Think you missed the point, it was in response to another thread.

over a year ago

if you feel you have to take a shot at others to do it.... you fall into the latter!

Think you missed the point, it was in response to another thread. "

I missed the other thread! Which one was it?

over a year ago

I missed the other thread! Which one was it? "

Oh hang on, I’ve just read up there ^^

Something about a BBW thread!? I didn’t read that one!

over a year ago

Someone meantion jugs

By *aughty But Nice TwiceWoman
over a year ago

Pontefract

"

By *ickygirl41Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

This definitely

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

Totally agree. .. I wank lots

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Think you missed the point, it was in response to another thread. "

nope.... I stand by my point.... some people just try way too hard because they have to....

I am not a believer in that "all publicity is good publicity".......

over a year ago

"

I missed the other thread! Which one was it?

Oh hang on, I’ve just read up there ^^

Something about a BBW thread!? I didn’t read that one! "

Finally found it! In swingers chat. This thread might have been better placed there than in ‘the Lounge’ mind OP!

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Yep, double standards.

The post was worded badly.. what was far far worse were the responses that larger women would not get a look in on a normal dating site and the analogy to Susan Boyle..the misuse of the word was far more prevalent in the response."

I agree, I've just read through the other thread, I think the responses on that were worse. I don't see anyone here attacking single men for having standards.

over a year ago

It's true. I often get 200 profile views and no mail. Some people do have standards.

over a year ago

nope.... I stand by my point.... some people just try way too hard because they have to....

I am not a believer in that "all publicity is good publicity"......."

Publicity ?! It’s a thread mate, that I started between putting the kettle on and letting the dog out. Think you’re over thinking it.

over a year ago

I'm the type that will hold the door open for you and slap your ass on the way in

over a year ago

I'm choosy...and happy to be choosy.

It means I am happy with whatever choices I make.

over a year ago

"High standards are good. I like a man who uses a milk jug Someone meantion jugs "

Crockery, I like nice crockery

over a year ago

"High standards are good. I like a man who uses a milk jug Someone meantion jugs

Crockery, I like nice crockery "

A nice teapot to pour the tea.

over a year ago

So anyway, 100 responses in, did we actually ever find any women with incredibly low standards?

The PM button is down there ..

over a year ago

"High standards are good. I like a man who uses a milk jug Someone meantion jugs

A nice teapot to pour the tea. "

Us ladies have very high standards. Love your Xmas outfit

over a year ago

"So anyway, 100 responses in, did we actually ever find any women with incredibly low standards?

The PM button is down there .. "

get back to your cake..

over a year ago

"So anyway, 100 responses in, did we actually ever find any women with incredibly low standards?

The PM button is down there .. "

The ones with the dodgy eyesight won’t be able to find it.

over a year ago

get back to your cake.. "

I’m still awaiting for it to arrive!

over a year ago

The ones with the dodgy eyesight won’t be able to find it. "

We can poke at the screen with a yellowing talon and hope for the best

over a year ago

A nice teapot to pour the tea.

Us ladies have very high standards. Love your Xmas outfit "

We do and thankyou x

over a year ago

The ones with the dodgy eyesight won’t be able to find it. "

Can anyone help the optically challenged, incredibly low-standarded women with the PM button? Please!

over a year ago

get back to your cake..

I’m still awaiting for it to arrive! "

Ha ha it only got baked this afternoon.. I'll send the pigeon.

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

Yep, double standards. "

Well there shouldn’t be!

I’d take it for granted that everyone on here has standards of some sort - whether our main priority is facial appearance, body type, personality etc etc! Xx

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

Yep, double standards.

Well there shouldn’t be!

I’d take it for granted that everyone on here has standards of some sort - whether our main priority is facial appearance, body type, personality etc etc! Xx"

Standards as a word is the issue . The implication that someone has standards implies that someone else is below the other other persons standard . Preference is a much better word to use isn’t it ? We all have preferences I hope .

over a year ago

Yep, double standards.

Well there shouldn’t be!

I’d take it for granted that everyone on here has standards of some sort - whether our main priority is facial appearance, body type, personality etc etc! Xx

Standards as a word is the issue . The implication that someone has standards implies that someone else is below the other other persons standard . Preference is a much better word to use isn’t it ? We all have preferences I hope ."

Yes, but one thing i have learnt is I have been proven wrong about my own preference and after talking to someone who doesn't usually meet my preference, i have found them attractive.

over a year ago

"I prefer a man who is fussy and has standards "

Yes it often seems on here that there are precious few but I'm sure that's not the case... They are just the silent minority

over a year ago

Yep, double standards.

Well there shouldn’t be!

Standards as a word is the issue . The implication that someone has standards implies that someone else is below the other other persons standard . Preference is a much better word to use isn’t it ? We all have preferences I hope ."

Indeed, but not all of us have standards

By *oseyoudownMan
over a year ago

Trouble! AGAIN! x

Allow me to play devils advocate here and suggest the guys on here who claim to have standards are only saying so to appear slightly morally superior to those don't and therefor ‘more attractive’ Quite frankly the more you claim to have standards the more i dont beleive you, unless you are litterally a greek adonis!

Get real guys you take what you can get here! And if you you really had standards you would not be on here in the first place!

Just a few thoughts to stir up this debate!!

over a year ago

Some people don’t understand why others fancy who they fancy, c’est la vie "

Oh so true. I had some one tell me there was no way a sexy 36 year old man would be remotely interested in me.

over a year ago

"Allow me to play devils advocate here and suggest the guys on here who claim to have standards are only saying so to appear slightly morally superior to those don't and therefor ‘more attractive’ Quite frankly the more you claim to have standards the more i dont beleive you, unless you are litterally a greek adonis!

Get real guys you take what you can get here! And if you you really had standards you would not be on here in the first place!

"

Nope

over a year ago

I read the evening standard ...

over a year ago

i just look forward to see them same women complain about shitty meets and fuckbuddies clearing off to shag someone else.

I’m gobsmacked to be honest. Friendships have to end because of height preferences etc? Ouch. That stung a bit "

Don’t be sorry for him... He learned a hard lesson and will be a better man for it....

My advice is to go to gangbang and go savage on the female.... you will feel better after....

And for those that don’t know what the term savage means..... it’s used to described fucking a woman like a crazy wildman....

over a year ago

Yep, double standards.

Well there shouldn’t be!

Standards as a word is the issue . The implication that someone has standards implies that someone else is below the other other persons standard . Preference is a much better word to use isn’t it ? We all have preferences I hope .

Indeed, but not all of us have standards "

Oh thank god for that haha

over a year ago

Yep, double standards.

Well there shouldn’t be!

Indeed, but not all of us have standards Oh thank god for that haha "

Oh, I do, and I don't view having them as anything to do with being morally superior. It's more to do with self-esteem and self-worth

over a year ago

Yep, double standards.

Well there shouldn’t be!

If someone is attracted to 100 people and fucks them all, they're seen as bad. If someone is only attracted to 1 person and fucks them they're seen as good.

It's utter bullshit. They are the same- they both fucked people they are attracted to yet the one fucking 100 is seen as bad.

The person who found 100 people they are attracted to is lucky.

over a year ago

"Allow me to play devils advocate here and suggest the guys on here who claim to have standards are only saying so to appear slightly morally superior to those don't and therefor ‘more attractive’ Quite frankly the more you claim to have standards the more i dont beleive you, unless you are litterally a greek adonis!

"

People are just kidding themselves to try and feel better.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

Haha there are some Horror shows

over a year ago

Your ‘standards’ are what you think is fit. Someone’s 10 might be my 5/10 and vice versa. We all see this all the time. And people change, and become more or less attractive, in my opinion.

So op, I disagree with anyone being able to lowering there standards. It just so happens, they found them fit at that particular time...maybe.

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

Yep, double standards.

Well there shouldn’t be!

Indeed, but not all of us have standards Oh thank god for that haha

Oh, I do, and I don't view having them as anything to do with being morally superior. It's more to do with self-esteem and self-worth"

I’m with steel heels on this one .

When ones own preferences create problems finding a suitable fuck / meet / mate / partner it must be a nightmare .

I would far sooner have more relaxed preferences and enjoy the company of all sorts of different people .

I realise you can’t suddenly become someone who likes the types that aren’t attractive to you at present . Why I even tried to find my bi side for a while but it didn’t really work out !

But if the self imposed preferences are stopping you having fun , it may be a good idea to try relaxing them and see what happens . It’s not a case of losing self esteem , it’s more a case of opening up the possibility of enjoying life a whole lot more .

I always look back at when we started swinging seven years ago . We only wanted to meet couples and women my wife’s age or lower . And no overweight people either . And they would need to be well educated and so on . Pretty soon we realised we were spending so much time trying to find people like this , and never actually playing . We started relaxing it more and more and soon met pretty much all sorts . As long as they were clean , polite , and respectful we would meet them . Wow ! It was so much better . Fun every time we went out , and we realised the people we were now meeting were equally as good , infact often better company than before .

I realise it may be different if you are looking for a partner , but for us preferences are a self limiting pain in the arse that inhibit ones opportunities to have fun .

By *rbean69Man
over a year ago

Stroud

"Get real guys you take what you can get here! And if you you really had standards you would not be on here in the first place!

"

So,you are saying no men on this site have standards? And that includes yourself?

over a year ago

I find both my standards and my balance fade in direct proportion to the ingestion of Vodka. but my intention is always good...

over a year ago

Yep, double standards.

Well there shouldn’t be!

Oh, I do, and I don't view having them as anything to do with being morally superior. It's more to do with self-esteem and self-worth"

Yes maybe but depends on what your standards are compared to others, and some have lower standards than my ex’s I.q

over a year ago

I find both my standards and my balance fade in direct proportion to the ingestion of Vodka. but my intention is always good..."

. Yeah Prosecco does that to me. It’s

The bubbles

over a year ago

Some guys here really will just stick their cocks in anything though. Ah well, I'll continue to be choosy (and not get a meet!).

By *andonmessMan
over a year ago

A world all of his own

I find both my standards and my balance fade in direct proportion to the ingestion of Vodka. but my intention is always good...

The bubbles "

Can I interest you in this 10 gallon bottle of prosecco?

over a year ago

The bubbles "

I’ve got a nice big one that will make you go weak at the knees I call him magnum

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"

oh dear!

over a year ago

And bad eye sight ? "

I'm pretty much blind without my contacts in...does that count

By *rbean69Man
over a year ago

Stroud

"I’m with steel heels on this one .

When ones own preferences create problems finding a suitable fuck / meet / mate / partner it must be a nightmare .

I would far sooner have more relaxed preferences and enjoy the company of all sorts of different people .

I realise you can’t suddenly become someone who likes the types that aren’t attractive to you at present . Why I even tried to find my bi side for a while but it didn’t really work out !

But if the self imposed preferences are stopping you having fun , it may be a good idea to try relaxing them and see what happens . It’s not a case of losing self esteem , it’s more a case of opening up the possibility of enjoying life a whole lot more .

I always look back at when we started swinging seven years ago . We only wanted to meet couples and women my wife’s age or lower . And no overweight people either . And they would need to be well educated and so on . Pretty soon we realised we were spending so much time trying to find people like this , and never actually playing . We started relaxing it more and more and soon met pretty much all sorts . As long as they were clean , polite , and respectful we would meet them . Wow ! It was so much better . Fun every time we went out , and we realised the people we were now meeting were equally as good , infact often better company than before .

I realise it may be different if you are looking for a partner , but for us preferences are a self limiting pain in the arse that inhibit ones opportunities to have fun."

If one doesn't find a person attractive, I can't see what enjoyment there can be in having sex with them. I have found that my tastes have gradually narrowed as I get older. This is definately a bad thing as I get less sex (not that I ever got much). I find few women over 40 attractive, and not that many in their 30s. As a dogger of 32 years' experience, I walk away from most "shows" - not because I am fussy, but because I am just not getting turned on. I have all but given up dogging in the last year or so - for me it is just a waste of time.

over a year ago

"

Well thats bollocks.

over a year ago

So these 'standards' that people have. Who are the 'anything' people - when someone will fuck 'anything'?

I've done 2 new threads in the Lounge re: fussy and anything types.

I hope this will quantify it and help the discussion.

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

I realise it may be different if you are looking for a partner , but for us preferences are a self limiting pain in the arse that inhibit ones opportunities to have fun.

If one doesn't find a person attractive, I can't see what enjoyment there can be in having sex with them. I have found that my tastes have gradually narrowed as I get older. This is definately a bad thing as I get less sex (not that I ever got much). I find few women over 40 attractive, and not that many in their 30s. As a dogger of 32 years' experience, I walk away from most "shows" - not because I am fussy, but because I am just not getting turned on. I have all but given up dogging in the last year or so - for me it is just a waste of time."

If you don’t find someone attractive then there’s nothing you can do about it I guess .

And as you say , it just means you don’t get much sex .

I can’t see the point of having sex with anyone if you’re not turned on by them either . Luckily for me I haven’t got a set of preferences that limit my opportunities .

over a year ago

Is this thread in the interest of balance or because you don't think enough people agreed with your comments on the other post.

Asking for a friend...

over a year ago

"Is this thread in the interest of balance or because you don't think enough people agreed with your comments on the other post.

Asking for a friend..."

Tell your friend to ask for himself.

over a year ago

"Is this thread in the interest of balance or because you don't think enough people agreed with your comments on the other post.

Asking for a friend...

Tell your friend to ask for himself. "

Or herself

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

So... everyone that messages me has no standards? Pfft. Better log off then.

over a year ago

I realise it may be different if you are looking for a partner , but for us preferences are a self limiting pain in the arse that inhibit ones opportunities to have fun.

If one doesn't find a person attractive, I can't see what enjoyment there can be in having sex with them. I have found that my tastes have gradually narrowed as I get older. This is definately a bad thing as I get less sex (not that I ever got much). I find few women over 40 attractive, and not that many in their 30s. As a dogger of 32 years' experience, I walk away from most "shows" - not because I am fussy, but because I am just not getting turned on. I have all but given up dogging in the last year or so - for me it is just a waste of time.

If you don’t find someone attractive then there’s nothing you can do about it I guess .

And as you say , it just means you don’t get much sex .

I can’t see the point of having sex with anyone if you’re not turned on by them either . Luckily for me I haven’t got a set of preferences that limit my opportunities . "

Were your original preferences (when you first started meeting) maybe based on the people you would choose for dating? I don't get the impression that you (Mr & Mrs) fucked anyone that you didn't find attractive at all. Just that your preferences for people you found attractive were wider and therefore more people fitted them.

I think you're really lucky and open minded.

By *queekyCheesyCouple
over a year ago

newark

Gotta have fairly low standars to use this site tbh

Ooo shots fired

over a year ago

"Gotta have fairly low standars to use this site tbh

Ooo shots fired "

Are you allowed to call your own shots

By *oseyoudownMan
over a year ago

Trouble! AGAIN! x

The reason you moaning minnies who claim to have ‘standards’ are still looking is precisly the point im making! If you exclude people and not give them the opportunity to get to know you, how will you know if you like them! Unless you are that shallow you purely judge people by their appearance or strictly by your own ‘standards’ ! open your minds to a wider world folks!

over a year ago

If one doesn't find a person attractive, I can't see what enjoyment there can be in having sex with them. I have found that my tastes have gradually narrowed as I get older. This is definately a bad thing as I get less sex (not that I ever got much). I find few women over 40 attractive, and not that many in their 30s. As a dogger of 32 years' experience, I walk away from most "shows" - not because I am fussy, but because I am just not getting turned on. I have all but given up dogging in the last year or so - for me it is just a waste of time."

So you’re only looking for women in their twenties? That’s potentially going to leave you highly sexually unfulfilled or even worse lonely?

By *rbean69Man
over a year ago

Stroud

" If one doesn't find a person attractive, I can't see what enjoyment there can be in having sex with them. I have found that my tastes have gradually narrowed as I get older. This is definately a bad thing as I get less sex (not that I ever got much). I find few women over 40 attractive, and not that many in their 30s. As a dogger of 32 years' experience, I walk away from most "shows" - not because I am fussy, but because I am just not getting turned on. I have all but given up dogging in the last year or so - for me it is just a waste of time.

So you’re only looking for women in their twenties? That’s potentially going to leave you highly sexually unfulfilled or even worse lonely?"

There's always porn, although it's obviously not (in general) as good as the real thing. I don't get lonely as I am basically a loner. I get on fine with almost everybody I meet in my day-to-day life, but prefer my own company except for sex. I definately couldn't put up with living with anyone. My sex drive has really reduced in the last couple of years, but I regard that as a good thing.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"The reason you moaning minnies who claim to have ‘standards’ are still looking is precisly the point im making! If you exclude people and not give them the opportunity to get to know you, how will you know if you like them! Unless you are that shallow you purely judge people by their appearance or strictly by your own ‘standards’ ! open your minds to a wider world folks! "

I'm still looking because I'm looking for lots of sex. Not because my One True Man exists but I'm too stuck up for him and I'd find him if I gave all the riff raff a chance.

over a year ago

"The reason you moaning minnies who claim to have ‘standards’ are still looking is precisly the point im making! If you exclude people and not give them the opportunity to get to know you, how will you know if you like them! Unless you are that shallow you purely judge people by their appearance or strictly by your own ‘standards’ ! open your minds to a wider world folks!

I'm still looking because I'm looking for lots of sex. Not because my One True Man exists but I'm too stuck up for him and I'd find him if I gave all the riff raff a chance. "

Frogs......Prince......etc....

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"The reason you moaning minnies who claim to have ‘standards’ are still looking is precisly the point im making! If you exclude people and not give them the opportunity to get to know you, how will you know if you like them! Unless you are that shallow you purely judge people by their appearance or strictly by your own ‘standards’ ! open your minds to a wider world folks!

I'm still looking because I'm looking for lots of sex. Not because my One True Man exists but I'm too stuck up for him and I'd find him if I gave all the riff raff a chance.

Frogs......Prince......etc...."

Nah. That assumes monogamy. I swing.

I don't lower my standards. I'd rather abstain.

over a year ago

Can we stop using the word ‘standards’ please, it’s far more demeaning than you realise. We all have our likes and dislikes, what we’re attracted to and what we are not. I totally understand that if someone messages you and you don’t like them; tell them so but really saying you’ve a higher standard than them is a bit much and could be quite hurtful.

over a year ago

"Can we stop using the word ‘standards’ please, it’s far more demeaning than you realise. We all have our likes and dislikes, what we’re attracted to and what we are not. I totally understand that if someone messages you and you don’t like them; tell them so but really saying you’ve a higher standard than them is a bit much and could be quite hurtful.

"

Just find a safe space and go into the recovery position...you'll be fine

over a year ago

"Can we stop using the word ‘standards’ please, it’s far more demeaning than you realise. We all have our likes and dislikes, what we’re attracted to and what we are not. I totally understand that if someone messages you and you don’t like them; tell them so but really saying you’ve a higher standard than them is a bit much and could be quite hurtful.

Just find a safe space and go into the recovery position...you'll be fine "

I have thanks. Incidentally I’m out of beer

over a year ago

Does anyone wonder where all this internet shagging/dating lark will lead to in 10 or 20 years time?

A lot of washed up ladies who spent too much time exercising their "power" and getting dopamine hits and cheap thrills?

A shift in attitudes...will men want steady relationships while girls want to fuck around?

A tragically low birth rate?

Arranged marriages?

Asexuality?

over a year ago

"Does anyone wonder where all this internet shagging/dating lark will lead to in 10 or 20 years time?

A lot of washed up ladies who spent too much time exercising their "power" and getting dopamine hits and cheap thrills?

A shift in attitudes...will men want steady relationships while girls want to fuck around?

A tragically low birth rate?

Arranged marriages?

Asexuality? "

Men won’t be interested ...to busy with online gambling

over a year ago

I worry about the impact of social media in general tbh especially for kids/ young people.

Also high five to the OP. We do have standards.

over a year ago

Yep, double standards.

Well there shouldn’t be!

Oh, I do, and I don't view having them as anything to do with being morally superior. It's more to do with self-esteem and self-worth

I realise it may be different if you are looking for a partner , but for us preferences are a self limiting pain in the arse that inhibit ones opportunities to have fun ."

All very well in theory, but in practice I can't force attraction. I find very few people attractive(and I am sure, vice versa) and would rather remain celibate for the rest of my life than have sex with someone I didn't fancy. It's not a great situation for me but unfortunately it's just how it is. I don't see how it spoils anyone else's fun but my own.

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

Yep, double standards.

Well there shouldn’t be!

I realise it may be different if you are looking for a partner , but for us preferences are a self limiting pain in the arse that inhibit ones opportunities to have fun .

All very well in theory, but in practice I can't force attraction. I find very few people attractive(and I am sure, vice versa) and would rather remain celibate for the rest of my life than have sex with someone I didn't fancy. It's not a great situation for me but unfortunately it's just how it is. I don't see how it spoils anyone else's fun but my own."

It doesn’t spoil anyone else’s fun but your own . That’s the whole point of my post .

And as you say , you would rather stay celibate than have sex with someone you don’t fancy , but you don’t fancy very many people at all , and if you do they may not fancy you . What a tough position to be in .....

over a year ago

Yep, double standards.

Well there shouldn’t be!

All very well in theory, but in practice I can't force attraction. I find very few people attractive(and I am sure, vice versa) and would rather remain celibate for the rest of my life than have sex with someone I didn't fancy. It's not a great situation for me but unfortunately it's just how it is. I don't see how it spoils anyone else's fun but my own.

It doesn’t spoil anyone else’s fun but your own . That’s the whole point of my post .

And as you say , you would rather stay celibate than have sex with someone you don’t fancy , but you don’t fancy very many people at all , and if you do they may not fancy you . What a tough position to be in ..... "

Indeed - welcome to my world!

Post new Message to Thread