Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Depression (potentially triggering)

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Inevitably going to be shot down in flames by someone or other for posting a 'negative' thread but I am really struggling and I need someone to talk to because I don't know how to fix how I feel right now.

I've been having a pretty shitty time lately, not just on here, but in most areas of my life, and I don't have anyone to talk to. It seems to have escalated tonight to a point where I just want everything to stop and I don't know how to do that. Will someone tall to me please?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've been there. If you need to talk through stuff, vent, or just need someone to listen, I've always got a friendly ear.

L xx

over a year ago

Have you tried the Samaritans?

I have heard from numerous people that they're a lifeline... sometimes quite literally.

P

over a year ago

In box me.

Will stay private. Love to talk to you

over a year ago

Sorry to hear that. Its a rough time of year for a lot of people. Hang in there lovely. Hope you'll be alright x

By *aximus74Woman
over a year ago

Manchester

I will gladly listen,been there myself..x

over a year ago

"Sorry to hear that. Its a rough time of year for a lot of people. Hang in there lovely. Hope you'll be alright x"

over a year ago

"Inevitably going to be shot down in flames by someone or other for posting a 'negative' thread but I am really struggling and I need someone to talk to because I don't know how to fix how I feel right now.

I've been having a pretty shitty time lately, not just on here, but in most areas of my life, and I don't have anyone to talk to. It seems to have escalated tonight to a point where I just want everything to stop and I don't know how to do that. Will someone tall to me please?"

Yah. I've had this also.

You need to visit the "accident and crisis team", hospital, doctor and mental health services.

You won't be able to think your way out of it unless you have the necessary knowledge to deal with it.

over a year ago

"Have you tried the Samaritans?

I have heard from numerous people that they're a lifeline... sometimes quite literally.

P"

They have been my lifeline multiple times. I have them as a contact on my phone under ‘sam’. They are absolutely wonderful and have honestly saved me countless times, especially recently. Absolutely no judgement, very calm and understand. Please please contact them. X

By *udistnorthantsMan
over a year ago

Desborough

All positive responses so far OP so no need to worry about being shot down in flames

over a year ago

"All positive responses so far OP so no need to worry about being shot down in flames "

Agree.

Focus on the wonderful interactions you have in life, and listen top music! Lots of music, whether it be spotify/youtube/etc .. just listen and smile

over a year ago

Thanks for the responses all. I always worry that there will be one smartarse/troll that say something and that one post will be the thing my stupid damaged brain latches into in this state. I just want a good cry and a cuddle and I can't have either.

By *riendly and hornyMan
over a year ago

Crewe

The quick and positive response from people to your thread shows that for every idiot that might knock your confidence, a hundred of us are genuinely nice people.

It can work wonders to talk to people if you're feeling low.

You're getting a lot of offers so go for it x

By *nsert user name hereMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Tomorrow is always a different day take it step by step and look to the positives. Don't worry about what you can't change and think about the things you can.

over a year ago

"The quick and positive response from people to your thread shows that for every idiot that might knock your confidence, a hundred of us are genuinely nice people.

You're getting a lot of offers so go for it x"

I am getting a lot of offers, which is lovely.

Nothing feels real right now- it feels like a nightmare I can't wake up from because I'm already awake

By *udistnorthantsMan
over a year ago

Desborough

"Thanks for the responses all. I always worry that there will be one smartarse/troll that say something and that one post will be the thing my stupid damaged brain latches into in this state. I just want a good cry and a cuddle and I can't have either."

Have a good rant then if you think that may help

over a year ago

Been there too luckily I am still here happy to chat if you want to

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

"Thanks for the responses all. I always worry that there will be one smartarse/troll that say something and that one post will be the thing my stupid damaged brain latches into in this state. I just want a good cry and a cuddle and I can't have either."

Just hug the next friend or family member you meet. They give in eventually and understand you need it more than them.

Sometimes that's all it takes

Try to think positive and block out the negative aspects of life. It changes your mood/perspective so much, it's hard to believe. Stop reading newspapers and watching any news on tv for a while. If something important is happening, your friends and family will let you know.

Stop worrying about others and take walks in the park/woods/fields and reconnect with nature. You'll instantly feel better.

Be safe

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Talk to the Samaritans.

If after that you don't feel safe, call 111 and ask for advice. A&E is there as a last resort, but it's not a nice place when your mental health is on the rocks (and it'll be a long wait).

If you can get through until morning, ring your GP and ask for an appointment ASAP.

If you have any mental health resources available, use them.

In the meantime, go through all the motions of taking care of yourself that you can. One foot in front of the other. What that means depends on you, but it might mean enough sleep, nutritious food, sunlight, hygiene, talking to friends.

You are enough. You deserve better. You can beat this.

By *ay19720Man
over a year ago

Ashford kent

"The quick and positive response from people to your thread shows that for every idiot that might knock your confidence, a hundred of us are genuinely nice people.

You're getting a lot of offers so go for it x

I am getting a lot of offers, which is lovely.

Nothing feels real right now- it feels like a nightmare I can't wake up from because I'm already awake"

Believe in yrself, that u will get thro whatever it is and come out the stronger person for it..everything seems worse than it normal is...we build things up in our selfs .....take time on u first..do some meditation. .write your "problems" down..in order of there stress or importance. .then work yr way thro them...

Spiritual hugs

over a year ago

These times are always difficult - but you’ll always find people on here to talk to who are going through similar episodes.... remember to think small and take things slowly. Always here to chat if you PM me!!

Stay strong

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Remember that not all techniques will work for all people. If something makes you feel worse, consider if it's right for you, and perhaps stop. No one here knows enough to give detailed advice, much as we'd like to, and you should speak to professionals if you're in any doubt.

over a year ago

"Inevitably going to be shot down in flames by someone or other for posting a 'negative' thread but I am really struggling and I need someone to talk to because I don't know how to fix how I feel right now.

I've been having a pretty shitty time lately, not just on here, but in most areas of my life, and I don't have anyone to talk to. It seems to have escalated tonight to a point where I just want everything to stop and I don't know how to do that. Will someone tall to me please?"

Yes! I’ve been there! Can I chat ??

over a year ago

Recognising that you want/need help is half the battle.

Talk to the various people that have offered help on here and see your GP ASAP.

Be honest with the close people around you.

Apart from the mental health teams that are available. There are herbal remedies too.

Don't sink. Swim!

I wish you well. X

over a year ago

Blocked by choice but please let me chat!

By *ay19720Man
over a year ago

Ashford kent

"Remember that not all techniques will work for all people. If something makes you feel worse, consider if it's right for you, and perhaps stop. No one here knows enough to give detailed advice, much as we'd like to, and you should speak to professionals if you're in any doubt. "

Maybe some ppl on fab are in "the mental health" trade shall I call it....there are some professional people on fab......op has done the hardest step ..and asked to talk...big up yourself op..you have started your healing process.

over a year ago

Very concerned...hope all ok

By *icurcamfunMan
over a year ago

telford

This time of year is not joyous for everybody,

A simple or small problem may escalate to being the largest of all problems.

Google SAD syndrome and if the symptoms sounds like you , go to the doctors and with a few weeks of medication , things will start to level out,its not overnight and may take a long time .

There are tens of thousands suffering this time of year.

Hope this helps.

x

over a year ago

Feeling you need someone whose come out the other side. And I have. Just chat?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Remember that not all techniques will work for all people. If something makes you feel worse, consider if it's right for you, and perhaps stop. No one here knows enough to give detailed advice, much as we'd like to, and you should speak to professionals if you're in any doubt.

Maybe some ppl on fab are in "the mental health" trade shall I call it....there are some professional people on fab......op has done the hardest step ..and asked to talk...big up yourself op..you have started your healing process. "

That's possible, but not all techniques work for all people and anything should be exercised with caution.

I want the best for the OP, too.

over a year ago

"Remember that not all techniques will work for all people. If something makes you feel worse, consider if it's right for you, and perhaps stop. No one here knows enough to give detailed advice, much as we'd like to, and you should speak to professionals if you're in any doubt. "

So true and yet not. Sorry but it’s not that simple.

By *ay19720Man
over a year ago

Ashford kent

"Remember that not all techniques will work for all people. If something makes you feel worse, consider if it's right for you, and perhaps stop. No one here knows enough to give detailed advice, much as we'd like to, and you should speak to professionals if you're in any doubt.

Maybe some ppl on fab are in "the mental health" trade shall I call it....there are some professional people on fab......op has done the hardest step ..and asked to talk...big up yourself op..you have started your healing process.

That's possible, but not all techniques work for all people and anything should be exercised with caution.

I want the best for the OP, too. "

Thats all good. but it not about who wants the best for op more....

over a year ago

I'm happy to lend a listening ear, but please do seek help from professionals x

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

Happy to chat, been though it myself.

over a year ago

"I'm happy to lend a listening ear, but please do seek help from professionals x"

Seconded. I can't overstress the usefulness of speaking to a professional. I've been dealing with depression, off and on, for almost 20 years and talking to professionals has always helped. Just taking the first step and speaking to my GP made me feel better.

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

"I'm happy to lend a listening ear, but please do seek help from professionals x"

Try the Samaritans

over a year ago

How are you!??

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

I'm feeling pretty low at the minute too. So don't just think that's it's you, and you're isolated and alone, it can happen to us all.

Suggestions above are good.

And if there's something you like doing, do it, I like to watch movies and escape for a couple of hours.

By *ueen of sleezeWoman
over a year ago

Yorkshire

Here if anyone needs to talk a problem shared is a problem halved

Inbox me for a natter

over a year ago

I'm so sorry to hear to this. As others have said, there are the Samaritans to speak to. I've been Where you are OP. I internalized everything, to the point that I had a complete breakdown. It was an extremely dark time. My life is completely different now. It's important that if you feel too overwhelmed, you reach out to medical professionals. It may be melancholia, but also an onset of a depressive episode. There are people who can help You. You just need to brave that step. My inbox is open to you also, if you want to chat. Sending you virtual hugs. Though I know it's not even close to the real thing

over a year ago

I'm ok. Not going to do anything hasty. Worst I'll do is fall asleep in an armchair, wrapped in a soggy, tearstained blanket, watching Netflkx

By *ay19720Man
over a year ago

Ashford kent

"I'm ok. Not going to do anything hasty. Worst I'll do is fall asleep in an armchair, wrapped in a soggy, tearstained blanket, watching Netflkx "

Try see yr gp in morning...and loads of people feel as u do so take heart yr not alone..a lot of lovely ppl have reached out too u..reach back ..you may find some true nice friends. ..best wishes op

over a year ago

I'm probably at one of the worst points for myself.

I hide it pretty well in day to day life, but behind the smile is a pretty big mess.

I made a big mistake last year and lost a hell of a lot from it and although in ways I'm "getting better with it" I'm also getting worse. I feel I may be covering it up and it up and it ignoring it, or maybe I'm just actually caring less.

I don't know.

I know how it feels though OP, you're certainly not alone.

over a year ago

"I'm probably at one of the worst points for myself.

I hide it pretty well in day to day life, but behind the smile is a pretty big mess.

I made a big mistake last year and lost a hell of a lot from it and although in ways I'm "getting better with it" I'm also getting worse. I feel I may be covering it up and it up and it ignoring it, or maybe I'm just actually caring less.

I don't know.

I know how it feels though OP, you're certainly not alone. "

Have you actually sought medical help.for it? I only ask, because what you say reminds me of what I did. Until i couldn't hide it anymore and went off the deep end a bit . Seeking help was the first step towards healing.

over a year ago

No I haven't.

It's something I've been debating as all I hear about it is that they try and just put you on pills/medication.

I want to solve the problem and not cover it up.

I've tried so many ways and constantly been shut down. It's been a very difficult year for me and unfortunately there are very limited people I can talk to about it

over a year ago

"No I haven't.

It's something I've been debating as all I hear about it is that they try and just put you on pills/medication.

I've tried so many ways and constantly been shut down. It's been a very difficult year for me and unfortunately there are very limited people I can talk to about it "

They usually assess you on a personal level. You may get tablets, because they readdress that balance that is one of the main causes of depression lovely. They usually do a combination therapy these days. Tablets to help with the chemical imbalance and talking therapy to deal with the root cause. I know it can be daunting, but it really does help. You could spend this time next year, in a completely different place, if you reach out and ate at talking about it. Believe me, trying to 'blag' it, is the worst thing you can do lovely.

over a year ago

"No I haven't.

I've tried so many ways and constantly been shut down. It's been a very difficult year for me and unfortunately there are very limited people I can talk to about it "

Anti depressants are optional

Nhs fobs you off as much as possible so you have to be ridiculously persistent

They have cognitive behaviour therapy and other options bessides medication.

Do you not get advice from their websight about dealing with depression and stuff?

Go to "walk in center" at the hospital and then ask to see the "accident and crisis team" at mental health.

From there you will see a "case worker".

over a year ago

"No I haven't.

I'm going to bed now, but if you'd like to talk, you are welcome to message me and chat tomorrow, if you'd like?

over a year ago

"No I haven't.

I've tried so many ways and constantly been shut down. It's been a very difficult year for me and unfortunately there are very limited people I can talk to about it

Anti depressants are optional

Nhs fobs you off as much as possible so you have to be ridiculously persistent

They have cognitive behaviour therapy and other options bessides medication.

Do you not get advice from their websight about dealing with depression and stuff?

Go to "walk in center" at the hospital and then ask to see the "accident and crisis team" at mental health.

From there you will see a "case worker"."

It's about finding a GP who understands the condition too and empathises. Some will fob you off, but there are others who are not and will do what they can to help.

By *ay19720Man
over a year ago

Ashford kent

"No I haven't.

Im Always able to listen. .just pm...but Gp is a good step

over a year ago

To be honest I don't even have a doctors around here and don't even know where it is. I never even looked for one when I moved away.

I keep myself to myself and have one person I can tell them anything but unfortunately they just don't seem to listen, the just hear it seems.

I will get on to searching for a doctor's and see a GP. I just don't want the problem to be covered up, but for the problem/situation to be solved rather than be ignored.

over a year ago

Thank you so much

over a year ago

Thank you

By *ay19720Man
over a year ago

Ashford kent

"To be honest I don't even have a doctors around here and don't even know where it is. I never even looked for one when I moved away.

I keep myself to myself and have one person I can tell them anything but unfortunately they just don't seem to listen, the just hear it seems.

I will get on to searching for a doctor's and see a GP. I just don't want the problem to be covered up, but for the problem/situation to be solved rather than be ignored."

Then yr journey has started..find a gp..and go from there. .talking on these forums can make u feel like yr not alone in yr struggle ..but seek professional help also...pm me if u want. ..

over a year ago

I know exactly how you feel tbh going through it atm plus being on fab ain’t probably making anything better, just rejection after rejection. I’ve had thoughts of just wanting to end things and just erase myself out of everyone’s lives and stop being a burden on them even tho probably no one would even notice I’d be gone

over a year ago

Thank you for this.

To be honest, I've not even looked on the internet about it. I'm only talking about it now because this thread popped up

over a year ago

"To be honest I don't even have a doctors around here and don't even know where it is. I never even looked for one when I moved away.

I will get on to searching for a doctor's and see a GP. I just don't want the problem to be covered up, but for the problem/situation to be solved rather than be ignored."

I think that will be a great first step for you. My offer of wanting to talk, is always there for you

over a year ago

I've felt the same.

Or

The only way I'd be noticed, missed, classed as a good person is if it did happen

over a year ago

..... Am I a dick for feeling hurt that my thread got hijacked? I know I'm not the only person who feels shitty but I wanted to come first for five minutes.

Doesn't matter, now I feel like a selfish twat on top of everything else. Carry on.

over a year ago

"

Then yr journey has started..find a gp..and go from there. .talking on these forums can make u feel like yr not alone in yr struggle ..but seek professional help also...pm me if u want. .."

This.

over a year ago

The best thing itstalk to so.eone open your heart ive been there i know how you feel but dont lose hope theres loads of good people out there and here if you need to talk im a good listener and dont worrie i will not talk bout sex im sure you are a great woman but as you know some people just feel happy putting people down..if you need a chat dont be shy and pm me..i hipe i helped..

By *elshboy3112Man
over a year ago

treharris

[Removed by poster at 17/12/18 01:41:57]

over a year ago

No you're not, we are just here talking about it.

Your thread has given me replies that I've never had before, maybe they could possibly be of to help to you too?

over a year ago

Yeah I get what you mean, and as said, every day is a new day which is how I look at it too.

I'll have a bad day, and say I'll sort the doctors etc. Then wake up and I'll feel better.

Not bother then it will get on top of me.

But today I'm ok, and think it could quite possibly be the right thing to do

By *rtmarshMan
over a year ago

Stewarton

"..... Am I a dick for feeling hurt that my thread got hijacked? I know I'm not the only person who feels shitty but I wanted to come first for five minutes.

Doesn't matter, now I feel like a selfish twat on top of everything else. Carry on. "

No your not! You're not selfish either.

I feel your pain I'm going through the same. Just remember you're not alone.

By *ingle ex cuckMan
over a year ago

chester

so nice to see so many people helping on here wow

inbox me offcourse and you can have my number

reading all the posts here says so much about this community

By *ay19720Man
over a year ago

Ashford kent

I've been having a pretty shitty time lately, not just on here, but in most areas of my life, and I don't have anyone to talk to. It seems to have escalated tonight to a point where I just want everything to stop and I don't know how to do that. Will someone tall to me please?

I know exactly how you feel tbh going through it atm plus being on fab ain’t probably making anything better, just rejection after rejection. I’ve had thoughts of just wanting to end things and just erase myself out of everyone’s lives and stop being a burden on them even tho probably no one would even notice I’d be gone"

..im sure they would. .same advice see gp

over a year ago

"..... Am I a dick for feeling hurt that my thread got hijacked? I know I'm not the only person who feels shitty but I wanted to come first for five minutes.

Doesn't matter, now I feel like a selfish twat on top of everything else. Carry on. "

Not even slightly slefish lovely. If anything, you should feel proud that you started a thread which will not hopefully just help you, but help others too. I commend your courage in posting this thread and I really hope you have taken some comfort in knowing that you are not alone in your feelings. As I stated further up the the thread, my inbox is open to you, if you ever need to talk

By *ay19720Man
over a year ago

Ashford kent

U was first ..and u done a great thing getting ppl talking...be strong.

over a year ago

I know exactly how you feel tbh going through it atm plus being on fab ain’t probably making anything better, just rejection after rejection. I’ve had thoughts of just wanting to end things and just erase myself out of everyone’s lives and stop being a burden on them even tho probably no one would even notice I’d be gone..im sure they would. .same advice see gp"

GP’s don’t help

By *ay19720Man
over a year ago

Ashford kent

"Yeah I get what you mean, and as said, every day is a new day which is how I look at it too.

I'll have a bad day, and say I'll sort the doctors etc. Then wake up and I'll feel better.

Not bother then it will get on top of me.

But today I'm ok, and think it could quite possibly be the right thing to do

"

It is...crack on get it done

over a year ago

I know exactly how you feel tbh going through it atm plus being on fab ain’t probably making anything better, just rejection after rejection. I’ve had thoughts of just wanting to end things and just erase myself out of everyone’s lives and stop being a burden on them even tho probably no one would even notice I’d be gone..im sure they would. .same advice see gp

GP’s don’t help "

You are not seeing the right one then. I switched to 3 GP's before I felt I was being heard.

By *ay19720Man
over a year ago

Ashford kent

I know exactly how you feel tbh going through it atm plus being on fab ain’t probably making anything better, just rejection after rejection. I’ve had thoughts of just wanting to end things and just erase myself out of everyone’s lives and stop being a burden on them even tho probably no one would even notice I’d be gone..im sure they would. .same advice see gp

GP’s don’t help "

Maybe yrs weren't one that listened. .go back see a different one....or get hold of ..insifgt..mental health org..there is hope and help...

By *ay19720Man
over a year ago

Ashford kent

Thats meant to say.....insight

By *ay19720Man
over a year ago

Ashford kent

GP’s don’t help

You are not seeing the right one then. I switched to 3 GP's before I felt I was being heard. "

over a year ago

GP’s don’t help

You are not seeing the right one then. I switched to 3 GP's before I felt I was being heard. "

With having leukaemia twice, not being able to have children, having a rubbish nor get a better one, being one of the shortest I’m my family not knowing if maybe I could of been totally different, rejected by every woman on here etc there nothing any GP’s could do in my opinion to help me in my depression

By *ay19720Man
over a year ago

Ashford kent

GP’s don’t help

You are not seeing the right one then. I switched to 3 GP's before I felt I was being heard.

With having leukaemia twice, not being able to have children, having a rubbish nor get a better one, being one of the shortest I’m my family not knowing if maybe I could of been totally different, rejected by every woman on here etc there nothing any GP’s could do in my opinion to help me in my depression "

My friend I have in cureable blood cancer..its how u look at life as much aslife Iitself. ..u have had leukaemia u have said so your mind must be strong.....seek help

over a year ago

GP’s don’t help "

My GP was brilliant. I booked one appointment with him and from that appointment I was on anti depressants, booked in to see a therapist and given lots of advice, and given tools online on managing depression, anxiety, bipolar, stress etc. From one appointment.

over a year ago

GP’s don’t help

With having leukaemia twice, not being able to have children, having a rubbish nor get a better one, being one of the shortest I’m my family not knowing if maybe I could of been totally different, rejected by every woman on here etc there nothing any GP’s could do in my opinion to help me in my depression "

I'm really sorry to hear that. You've definitely endured some traumatic struggles. Ones that I won't even try to pretend to comprehend. The thing You need to ask yourself, is do you want to continue as you are, in your mindset? If you do, then that is your choice. But perhaps you don't feel like they could properly help, because of the way you are feeling. I'm not sure if you have sought help, but sometimes we have to give ourselves the best chance to be the happiest we can be. Perhaps reaching out will help enable you to focus on the positives in your life, rather than obsessing on the negatives. Surely after all the trauma you've been through, you owe that to yourself? You deserve to try and find some semblance of peace. You more than deserve that.

over a year ago

I'd meet up for a beer and a chat ?

over a year ago

I'd meet up for a beer and a chat ?

"

*coffee

over a year ago

I'm starting to wonder if it's a stupid idea to have 'Fab Therapy' where someone that is having a crap time can buddy up with someone that can empathise for a bit of emotional support.

Starting to wonder also if it might be bedtime for me. I've cried myself sleepy.

over a year ago

It's not "fab therapy"

It's people who are in the same boat in one way or another or people that have been there and got the help they needed sharing their experiences.

Take being on fab out of it, and talk to us if you feel comfortable and wish to

over a year ago

"I'm starting to wonder if it's a stupid idea to have 'Fab Therapy' where someone that is having a crap time can buddy up with someone that can empathise for a bit of emotional support.

Starting to wonder also if it might be bedtime for me. I've cried myself sleepy. "

Sleep deprivation definitely won't help. Just wanted to say, I work nights and have been keeping an eye on this thread so, if you find you can't sleep and need to talk,I'm here to listen until about 7am and I'm sure all these lovely people who have already messaged will still be there to take over at 7 ....thinking of you and hoping you manage to get at least some rest x

over a year ago

"It's not "fab therapy"

It's people who are in the same boat in one way or another or people that have been there and got the help they needed sharing their experiences.

Take being on fab out of it, and talk to us if you feel comfortable and wish to "

over a year ago

"I'm starting to wonder if it's a stupid idea to have 'Fab Therapy' where someone that is having a crap time can buddy up with someone that can empathise for a bit of emotional support.

Starting to wonder also if it might be bedtime for me. I've cried myself sleepy.

Sleep deprivation definitely won't help. Just wanted to say, I work nights and have been keeping an eye on this thread so, if you find you can't sleep and need to talk,I'm here to listen until about 7am and I'm sure all these lovely people who have already messaged will still be there to take over at 7 ....thinking of you and hoping you manage to get at least some rest x"

over a year ago

Think from this we can all say most people are empathetic.

By *endrix30Man
over a year ago

dudley

Starting to wonder also if it might be bedtime for me. I've cried myself sleepy. "

I have been where you are now and know what it is like. I went through terrible depression years ago and with time and help i got through the darkness and left it behind. I have since helped others who were going through a bad time and i would like to help you. Feel free to inbox me anytime and i will be more than happy to talk to you. X

over a year ago

"Think from this we can all say most people are empathetic. "

And love tea

over a year ago

I have been there so know how you feel. Feel free to messege me if you want to chat x

over a year ago

Your thread is helping others to also express how they are feeling. Your willingness to be vulnerable and admit how you’re feeling is a great example. Feel good about how even though you are feeling low yourself you are helping others.

over a year ago

If only you were closer op, I would be round popping that kettle on giving you a big hug!! You can do this, you have got this, you are amazing! Please please please get an appointment with your gp today, even if you feel better this morning it won’t go away! Iv suffered with depression since having my second child and recently had to up my meds again, it’s all trial and error as to what will work for you but taking that first step is the biggest. Sending love to you sweetie xx

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

Try mindfulness. You can download it on to your phone and helps with relaxation techniques.

Please see your GP and ask for counselling.

There’s been some great advice already, Everyone is different but I’m sure there’s a few of us who have had depression that knows what you are going through. Strange as it may seem it’s good that you feel that this is a safe place to talk.

Fx

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

I can’t PM you.

Feel free to message to if you want to chat. Fab can be daunting when you join especially if you’re already feeling low.

Fx

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

You must tell your doctor, don’t be concerned we all go through it, I’ve been on fluoxetine on and off for 4 years, it calmed me down

Only it has a lot of estrogen in it which I think is why I became a tv

over a year ago

I've removed all my message filters so if anyone wants to chat I'd be cool with that.

Feeling marginally less shitty today but still not feeling good.

over a year ago

"I've removed all my message filters so if anyone wants to chat I'd be cool with that.

Feeling marginally less shitty today but still not feeling good. "

Why don't you go for a walk?

Do you have a dog?

When you feel better you want to get some kind of daily physical sport or exercise you can do for an hour.

It will reduce negative procrastination.

over a year ago

its very true

a brisk walk filling your lounges with fresh air , clearing your mind will do you the world of good ..

over a year ago

"its very true

a brisk walk filling your lounges with fresh air , clearing your mind will do you the world of good .."

*lungs

over a year ago

to filllounges with fresh air just open windows ,no need to walk

By *ackDanielsWhiteRabbitMan
over a year ago

Halifax

Sorry to hear of your struggles. As plenty of people have suggested give the Samaritans a call and have a chat. My other half is training to be a counsellor and she is starting to volunteer with the Samaritans in January. Her profile on here is MissMorgan. I've text her about this and she is more than happy for you to message her. Big hugs. X

over a year ago

"All positive responses so far OP so no need to worry about being shot down in flames

Agree.

Focus on the wonderful interactions you have in life, and listen top music! Lots of music, whether it be spotify/youtube/etc .. just listen and smile"

Yep, focus on the little things that make you feel happy. Be it upbeat music, saying hello to a shop assistant.. Ive felt good by giving an oap a pound coin for a shopping trolley then waited for her to get it back.. Lol kidding,

By *egasus NobMan
over a year ago

Merton

take a breather, take a walk and keep busy, a busy mind doesn't wander off.

over a year ago

"Sorry to hear of your struggles. As plenty of people have suggested give the Samaritans a call and have a chat. My other half is training to be a counsellor and she is starting to volunteer with the Samaritans in January. Her profile on here is MissMorgan. I've text her about this and she is more than happy for you to message her. Big hugs. X"

Would you ask her if she minds inboxing me? I always feel a bit awkward initiating messages

By *ed PetalCouple
over a year ago

Kent

Hi, I just want to say that I am just coming out on the other side after about 2 years of meds and 5y of depression altogether. I get where you are. Chat to your GP. I recommend asking the receptionist if there is a GP at your practice that is particularly good at mental heath issues.

Also check out IESO digital health. If they have a contract for your area, you can self refer for online therapy. They cover where I live and from self referral to first session was only a week.

Take care & be gentle on yourself. Take up those offers of help or a listening ear that you received here x

over a year ago

"Think from this we can all say most people are empathetic. "

I think threads about mentakl health and when folk are struggling bring the very best out of the forum.

over a year ago

GP’s don’t help "

My GP has been ace. I had a breakdown in the summer, very close to doing some serious harm to myself and my GP has been amazing. Listened to me and my reasons for not wanting medication, listened to why I wanted to stay at work, put a note on my records that I'm always to be seen same day if I'm in crisis and got me in the mental health system albeit that will be a long process. I;m not sure what more they could have done to help me

By *an_LexaCouple
over a year ago

Sunderland

I hope you’re feeling in a better place today than last night OP.

I do believe your areas IAPT service is called Let’s Talk-Wellbeing. This is access to mental health services that you can refer into yourself.

Anyone can refer themselves direct to their local mental health services through IAPT.

Usually you will be given an appointment time when a nurse practitioner will call you back to do a triage appointment. This could take up to an hour and could be quite traumatic as they will want an in-depth knowledge of your mental health past and present to be able to refer you for treatment and support that is relevant and most appropriate to you. You can refuse the offered course of support and treatment if you choose to.

over a year ago

Hi there, I recently had the same sort of issues and you must go to your GP. I was quite suicidal and thought nothing could get better and couldn't see a way out but just actually talking to someone face to face and letting all the emotion out is the best thing ever. The GP will give you info on all the group's and help that is available to you. When you realise there is actually a lot of people willing to help things do start to look up!

over a year ago

Have had mixed results with GPs

After struggling and realised coukd not fix alone made app and went in with three pages of notes as to why there and what was after. Explained ideally wanted chat with psychologist as did not think counselling alone would work. Felt better that doctor listened

Chat with psychologist and they referred me back to docs indicating I did not need their help. Initially made me think I had made it all up and what did I need to do to prove the issues were real

Waiting to see if can get counselling again

By *ackDanielsWhiteRabbitMan
over a year ago

Halifax

"Sorry to hear of your struggles. As plenty of people have suggested give the Samaritans a call and have a chat. My other half is training to be a counsellor and she is starting to volunteer with the Samaritans in January. Her profile on here is MissMorgan. I've text her about this and she is more than happy for you to message her. Big hugs. X

Would you ask her if she minds inboxing me? I always feel a bit awkward initiating messages"

She is going to message you now from our couples one Jackdmissmorgan. X

By *s_bettyboopWoman
over a year ago

Hi Op or anyone else that this might help, I'm not sure how many people know this, but the NHS have a self-referral service called IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapy), where you can personally refer yourself for therapy. It's designed for people who are dealing with low level mental health issues.

It offers short-term psychological therapies to people suffering from things like anxiety, depression and stress. Also things like PTSD, panic disorder and OCD. The form is very simple and takes no more than 15 minutes. Anyone can apply and you don't have to go through your GP.

You can find places near and around your area that provide the service using this link:

https://www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/Psychological-therapies-(IAPT)/LocationSearch/10008

I'm not sure what the criteria is to be considered suitable, but if they think they can help, they call within two weeks and book you in for a telephone assessment.

(Hope this link is allowed)

This too shall pass. X

By *rtmarshMan
over a year ago

Stewarton

"Hi Op or anyone else that this might help, I'm not sure how many people know this, but the NHS have a self-referral service called IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapy), where you can personally refer yourself for therapy. It's designed for people who are dealing with low level mental health issues.

It offers short-term psychological therapies to people suffering from things like anxiety, depression and stress. Also things like PTSD, panic disorder and OCD. The form is very simple and takes no more than 15 minutes. Anyone can apply and you don't have to go through your GP.

You can find places near and around your area that provide the service using this link:

https://www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/Psychological-therapies-(IAPT)/LocationSearch/10008

I'm not sure what the criteria is to be considered suitable, but if they think they can help, they call within two weeks and book you in for a telephone assessment.

(Hope this link is allowed)

This too shall pass. X

"

It's very easy I just did it yesterday. You wait 3 days then call a number and go through a telephone consultation and go from there.

over a year ago

"I hope you’re feeling in a better place today than last night OP.

I do believe your areas IAPT service is called Let’s Talk-Wellbeing. This is access to mental health services that you can refer into yourself.

Anyone can refer themselves direct to their local mental health services through IAPT.

Usually you will be given an appointment time when a nurse practitioner will call you back to do a triage appointment. This could take up to an hour and could be quite traumatic as they will want an in-depth knowledge of your mental health past and present to be able to refer you for treatment and support that is relevant and most appropriate to you. You can refuse the offered course of support and treatment if you choose to."

I have just referred myself to IAPT (IESO redirects there for my area) so hopefully they'll come up with something. Also going to call my GP surgery and my ADHD nurse in then morning, see if I can get an emergency appointment this side of Christmas.

To be fair, my GP is very good, he's been brilliant with me and I haven't made it easy for him to help sometimes.

By *MonsterMan
over a year ago

xxx

That’s great news - I really hope they’re able to give you the help you need and deserve, and hopefully you can get through this hard time.

I’m sure everyone will be thinking of you and hoping for the best for you

Post new Message to Thread