Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The ones that got away

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It's been a moody Sunday here. I've been dwelling on the people who I never got a chance to date who I clicked with, or those that I dated but the relationship ended on good terms.

Just wondering if any singles out there want to get someone off their chest; couples are welcome too if you're brave.

I'll start.

To the Spanish girl I dated at University - you were incredible, and those two years we had together were the best two years I've had in a relationship. I loved our summer and holiday flings after that, when we would visit one another or holiday together and rekindle things, going as far as for you to move to the UK for another 8 months several years later, and for our dating to continue.

It pained me when we both found out about a member of each of our families being diagnosed with cancer, and the consequent split as we parted to be closer to our loved ones.

I believed deep down we would end up together, however in our time away from one another, you found someone to date, who you now live with and seem to be making moves to get engaged to.

I am happy for you, but truthfully, I am envious of the man who beat me to proposing.

Well feel free to join me in miserably sipping tea. Anyone?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

To all the girls I've loved before

Who travelled in and out my door

I'm glad they came along

I dedicate this song

To all the girls I once caressed

And may I say I've held the best

For helping me to grow

I owe a lot I know

The winds of change are always blowing

And every time I try to stay

The winds of change continue blowing

And they just carry me away

To all the girls who shared my life

Who now are someone else's wives

I'm glad they came along

I dedicate this song

To all the girls who cared for me

Who filled my nights with ecstasy

They live within my heart

I'll always be a part

Of all the girls I've loved before

The winds of change are always blowing

And every time I try to stay

The winds of change continue blowing

And they just carry me away

To all the girls we've loved before

Who travelled in and out our doors

We're glad they came along

We dedicate this song

Who travelled in and out our doors

We're glad they came along

We dedicate this song

To all the girls we've loved before...

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I strongly believe that if you are meant to be with someone you will be. If you aren't together, it either wasn't meant or one partner wasn't as invested as the other. We tend to view the past through rose tinted spectacles when we'd be better looking at what we have in the here and now.

You might guess that I don't have "one that got away"

By *mp411Man
over a year ago

chester

"I strongly believe that if you are meant to be with someone you will be. If you aren't together, it either wasn't meant or one partner wasn't as invested as the other. We tend to view the past through rose tinted spectacles when we'd be better looking at what we have in the here and now.

You might guess that I don't have "one that got away" "

This

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

This is an anthem for the girl that got away

This is an anthem for the war of yesterday

This is an anthem for the rebel of my youth

This is an anthem for the risk of loving you

https://youtu.be/Aut7pjQ-IiM

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I love you from the bottom of my pencil case

I love you in the songs I write and sing

Love you because you put me in my rightful place

And I love the PRS cheques that you bring

Cheap, never cheap

I'll sing you songs till you're asleep

When you've gone upstairs, I'll creep

And write it all down

Down, down, down...

Oh Shirley, oh Deborah, oh Julie, oh Jane

I wrote so many songs about you, I forget your name (I forget your name)...

Jennifer, Alison, Phillipa, Sue

Deborah, Annabel, too (I forget your name)

I love the way you never ask me why

I love to write about each wrinkle on your face

And I love you till my fountain pen runs dry

There, that’ll do!

over a year ago

My husband was almost the one that got a way - he dumped me five months into the relationship because I was moody on my period and took out my mood on him and was a bitch (we had both never argued in a relationship before so instead of trying to fix it it just ended). But I wrote a cringy and depressing post on tumblr about how much I love him, and he read it and asked me out again

over a year ago

"I strongly believe that if you are meant to be with someone you will be. If you aren't together, it either wasn't meant or one partner wasn't as invested as the other. We tend to view the past through rose tinted spectacles when we'd be better looking at what we have in the here and now.

You might guess that I don't have "one that got away" "

Totally agree with this!! If it's meant for you it won't pass you by!!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

You might guess that I don't have "one that got away"

Totally agree with this!! If it's meant for you it won't pass you by!! "

You have to put some effort in though. It's no good sitting back and waiting for fate to bring the one back or they definitely will get away.

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

The one didn't get away from me, he's sat beside me on the couch right now. Plenty of people I wish I'd had sex with that I didn't though, but that's a different thread

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

"I love you from the bottom of my pencil case

I love you in the songs I write and sing

Love you because you put me in my rightful place

And I love the PRS cheques that you bring

Cheap, never cheap

I'll sing you songs till you're asleep

When you've gone upstairs, I'll creep

And write it all down

Down, down, down...

Oh Shirley, oh Deborah, oh Julie, oh Jane

I wrote so many songs about you, I forget your name (I forget your name)...

I love the way you never ask me why

I love to write about each wrinkle on your face

And I love you till my fountain pen runs dry

There, that’ll do! "

Beautiful South.

Nice choice

over a year ago

To that incredible woman whom I enjoyed a moment of passion with in 2008... You have never left my heart.

over a year ago

"It's been a moody Sunday here. I've been dwelling on the people who I never got a chance to date who I clicked with, or those that I dated but the relationship ended on good terms.

Just wondering if any singles out there want to get someone off their chest; couples are welcome too if you're brave.

I'll start.

To the Spanish girl I dated at University - you were incredible, and those two years we had together were the best two years I've had in a relationship. I loved our summer and holiday flings after that, when we would visit one another or holiday together and rekindle things, going as far as for you to move to the UK for another 8 months several years later, and for our dating to continue.

It pained me when we both found out about a member of each of our families being diagnosed with cancer, and the consequent split as we parted to be closer to our loved ones.

I believed deep down we would end up together, however in our time away from one another, you found someone to date, who you now live with and seem to be making moves to get engaged to.

I am happy for you, but truthfully, I am envious of the man who beat me to proposing.

Well feel free to join me in miserably sipping tea. Anyone? "

Your making a mistake not to tell her this.

Fuck the other guy...

She's not married yet!

By *vcarolTV/TS
over a year ago

kilmarnockish

Sitting looking back on previous thread about first memories.

So, if I got out of the car, went into the party. Talked to Sharon G all these years ago, would I be here now? You were the first that understood me, and looked past the awkward shy, insecure and retarded numtee i was then.

over a year ago

Nobody gets away from me. I chase them

By *s_bettyboopWoman
over a year ago

Aww I love this thread.

In another life, I would be your girl

We keep all our promises, be us against the world

In another life, I would make you stay

So I don't have to say you were the one that got away

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

"Nobody gets away from me. I chase them "

What with a stick..

over a year ago

I move on quickly.

Cannot miss what you never had

over a year ago

"Nobody gets away from me. I chase them

What with a stick.. "

Hell yes

By *s_bettyboopWoman
over a year ago

"It's been a moody Sunday here. I've been dwelling on the people who I never got a chance to date who I clicked with, or those that I dated but the relationship ended on good terms.

I'll start.

Fuck the other guy...

She's not married yet!"

I agree let her know!!

over a year ago

I'll start.

Fuck the other guy...

She's not married yet!

I agree let her know!! "

Know your enemy... Then let her know how you feel. Worst case is, you're right back where you are today.

over a year ago

I thought I'd met the one that was going to be my "one that got away", but I cast a spell on him using toenail clippings and bum fluff, and here we are

P

over a year ago

"I thought I'd met the one that was going to be my "one that got away", but I cast a spell on him using toenail clippings and bum fluff, and here we are

P"

over a year ago

I'll start.

Think about it this way... In a thousand years from now, will it still be a big deal?!

By *oxesMan
over a year ago

Southend, Essex

I'll start.

Fuck me I'm not the only. one . This reminds me of a song by a French group EDM hit "the anthem for the girl that got away, an anthem for the girl of yesturday".

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

over a year ago

That's why you have a cracking pair of legs

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

My one is this sexy young lady I used to work with. I was still a bit obsessed with my ex at the time and never knew or noticed the signs that this girl liked me. I thought she was really nice and we were a bit flirty. I only found out a couple of years later when my work colleagues told me, why couldn't they have told me at the time! Was a good 20 years ago now and I still think of her now and then.

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

I'll start.

Fuck me I'm not the only. one . This reminds me of a song by a French group EDM hit "the anthem for the girl that got away, an anthem for the girl of yesturday". "

I posted that further up in the thread, and a link to the acoustic version

over a year ago

"Nobody gets away from me. I chase them

"

By *oxesMan
over a year ago

Southend, Essex

I'll start.

Fuck me I'm not the only. one . This reminds me of a song by a French group EDM hit "the anthem for the girl that got away, an anthem for the girl of yesterday". "

This happened to me today, i was watching a bbc iplayer drama and it just triggered all the thoughts, feelings and the related subsequent fall out and stuff came flowing back that I had surpresed. Stuff that i do not feel comfortable speaking on the fab forum.

I'm lucky enough I am still contact and best friends with all of my exes, I'm filled with glee about their engagements etc. But i can't explain it erm its not envy it's a sense nostalgia i suppose and longing I suppose.

Research came out last week suggesting that it takes men longer to recover from a breakup. Up to year in some cases.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

I'll start.

Fuck me I'm not the only. one . This reminds me of a song by a French group EDM hit "the anthem for the girl that got away, an anthem for the girl of yesterday".

This happened to me today, i was watching a bbc iplayer drama and it just triggered all the thoughts, feelings and the related subsequent fall out and stuff came flowing back that I had surpresed. Stuff that i do not feel comfortable speaking on the fab forum.

I'm lucky enough I am still contact and best friends with all of my exes, I'm filled with glee about their engagements etc. But i can't explain it erm its not envy it's a sense nostalgia i suppose and longing I suppose.

Research came out last week suggesting that it takes men longer to recover from a breakup. Up to year in some cases."

I definitely agree with that. Men can hide it at first and get things out of their system quickly but they are just band aids and the pain lingers on.

By *lle912Woman
over a year ago

London

‘If it’s meant to be it will be’ is a nice idea but I don’t buy it for a moment. Successful relationships take a lot of work and compromise - imo ifs a cop out to sit back and say ahh well it wasn’t meant to be. I’ve totally been guilty in the past of not working hard enough and let someone amazing go because I was too stubborn - definitely one that got away and it wasn’t inevitable. Lessons learned :’)

By *oxesMan
over a year ago

Southend, Essex

I'll start.

Fuck me I'm not the only. one . This reminds me of a song by a French group EDM hit "the anthem for the girl that got away, an anthem for the girl of yesterday".

Research came out last week suggesting that it takes men longer to recover from a breakup. Up to year in some cases.

I definitely agree with that. Men can hide it at first and get things out of their system quickly but they are just band aids and the pain lingers on. "

The Russel Kane comedy sketch for me sums it quite well.

"I'm single I'm going out there to fuck who ever i want when ever i want... OMG I miss her so much! ??".

over a year ago

I'll start.

Fuck the other guy...

She's not married yet!"

Are you encouraging me to hop on a plane and confess my love to her, then challenge him...sabre in hand obvs.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/12/18 06:58:53]

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 17/12/18 06:58:53]"

Safe move x

over a year ago

It was more that I double posted :P

over a year ago

"It was more that I double posted :P"

Haha my bad

If you want to look like a soft cunt on here, follow my lead

over a year ago

No time for regrets shit happens

over a year ago

The younger man whom was the 'shouldnt go there person,"

I miss raw lust of us seeing one snother.

I miss his passion his kisses his willingness to try anything.

Best thing he told me.. im fooking knacked for 2days after seeing you and for an older woman you should be ashamed. Aaaahhhh

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'll start.

Fuck the other guy...

She's not married yet!

Are you encouraging me to hop on a plane and confess my love to her, then challenge him...sabre in hand obvs."

You don't need to hop on a plane an email would do or a phone call.

She's not the one that got away, she's the one you let slip through your fingers.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"‘If it’s meant to be it will be’ is a nice idea but I don’t buy it for a moment. Successful relationships take a lot of work and compromise - imo ifs a cop out to sit back and say ahh well it wasn’t meant to be. I’ve totally been guilty in the past of not working hard enough and let someone amazing go because I was too stubborn - definitely one that got away and it wasn’t inevitable. Lessons learned :’) "

Yep. If it's meant to be means if you help make it happen in my book.

over a year ago

I'll start.

Fuck the other guy...

She's not married yet!

Are you encouraging me to hop on a plane and confess my love to her, then challenge him...sabre in hand obvs.

She's not the one that got away, she's the one you let slip through your fingers.

"

True, though is it not a tad house wreckerish to turn up in someone's love life and effectively say "I know you seem happy and all, but remember me? I think we suit one another better "

over a year ago

"‘If it’s meant to be it will be’ is a nice idea but I don’t buy it for a moment. Successful relationships take a lot of work and compromise - imo ifs a cop out to sit back and say ahh well it wasn’t meant to be. I’ve totally been guilty in the past of not working hard enough and let someone amazing go because I was too stubborn - definitely one that got away and it wasn’t inevitable. Lessons learned :’)

Yep. If it's meant to be means if you help make it happen in my book."

I agree. Though sometimes life gets in the way and for a period of time it's a mountain you cannot summit.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

There was a lady called Imogen who I gave a book titled ‘48’ to cos I was the 48th guy she’d had sex with. I always liked her. I miss her sometimes.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'll start.

Fuck the other guy...

She's not married yet!

True, though is it not a tad house wreckerish to turn up in someone's love life and effectively say "I know you seem happy and all, but remember me? I think we suit one another better ""

Yes, it is. Why have you left it until she's almost unavailable?

over a year ago

I'll start.

Fuck the other guy...

She's not married yet!

True, though is it not a tad house wreckerish to turn up in someone's love life and effectively say "I know you seem happy and all, but remember me? I think we suit one another better "

"

Not sure if I made it clear but basically we both had to step in as carers for family. Spain to Leeds doesn't work too well and people move onto others when there's a year or more where you don't see one another. We stayed in touch. And I get that people find companionship when they are emotionally vulnerable

In short, we had a good run; either the guy she is with suits her more and I lacked something, or he's a placeholder and she is waiting for me to pick up on something when we chat. But if that's what she's doing then I misjudged her character.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'll start.

Fuck the other guy...

She's not married yet!

Not sure if I made it clear but basically we both had to step in as carers for family. Spain to Leeds doesn't work too well and people move onto others when there's a year or more where you don't see one another. We stayed in touch. And I get that people find companionship when they are emotionally vulnerable

In short, we had a good run; either the guy she is with suits her more and I lacked something, or he's a placeholder and she is waiting for me to pick up on something when we chat. But if that's what she's doing then I misjudged her character."

You did make it clear.

Whatever you decide I hope it works out for the best for all involved.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

dont have one.

over a year ago

"‘If it’s meant to be it will be’ is a nice idea but I don’t buy it for a moment. Successful relationships take a lot of work and compromise - imo ifs a cop out to sit back and say ahh well it wasn’t meant to be. I’ve totally been guilty in the past of not working hard enough and let someone amazing go because I was too stubborn - definitely one that got away and it wasn’t inevitable. Lessons learned :’) "

But if they were so amazing would you have been so stubborn about whatever in the first place, meaning it wasnt meant to be. We could go round in never ending circles thinking about it.

I do sort of believe in if its meant to be it will, as you will still be making that effort even sub conciously if it it something you want to happen. And if the reciprocation is there, it will Be

over a year ago

True as anything I think

By *oxesMan
over a year ago

Southend, Essex

I'll start.

Fuck the other guy...

She's not married yet!

Are you encouraging me to hop on a plane and confess my love to her, then challenge him...sabre in hand obvs."

I thought it was more postal duals these days

over a year ago

I'll start.

Fuck the other guy...

She's not married yet!

I thought it was more postal duals these days"

Nah I'm an old fashioned git. Duel to first blood.

over a year ago

My problem is i see the faults in myself.

Lack of progress in life, not much work, nor money.

I think if i dated someone they'd see the same flaws in me., and think the same.

There is on who left me and think, yeah shes better off not being tied to this useless fucker

I wish i was more successful with iwn place, secure job etc.

Post new Message to Thread