Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Canelo Vs Rocky

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thought I'd make a thread for the fight on tonight...who's up & watching? Who you got winning?

I'm expecting a Canelo win, likely KO but I hope Rocky gives a good account of himself!

Let's GO champ!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Thought I'd make a thread for the fight on tonight...who's up & watching? Who you got winning?

I'm expecting a Canelo win, likely KO but I hope Rocky gives a good account of himself!

Let's GO champ!!!

"

Channel?

over a year ago

Sky Sports Main Event

By *ardytaketwoMan
over a year ago

STOCKPORT

Canelo win for me, Rockys got a punchers chance and the natural weight and height but can’t see him winning at all.

over a year ago

"Sky Sports Main Event "

Nice one

By *onnylad37Man
over a year ago

selby

Yea I’m with you... think canelo will have too much but rockys size and height n the fact that canelos had a big step up in weight gives him a chance... come on rocky... will be one of the biggest upsets ever

over a year ago

"Canelo win for me, Rockys got a punchers chance and the natural weight and height but can’t see him winning at all. "

Agree...Canelo always came in heavy for his fights anyway. Rocky looked massive next to him at the presser!

By *ardytaketwoMan
over a year ago

STOCKPORT

"Yea I’m with you... think canelo will have too much but rockys size and height n the fact that canelos had a big step up in weight gives him a chance... come on rocky... will be one of the biggest upsets ever "

Yea but can guarantee Camelot’s been on that dodgy meat again

Plus the fact he’s got a cut from sparring and is still going ahead tells me he thinks it’s an easy night for him

over a year ago

I’m up and watching it. Rocky from the same area as me and would love him to win but don’t see him lasting beyond 5 rounds. Maybe inside 3 depending how aggressive Canelo starts. Body shot and he’s gone

By *hic EventsWoman
over a year ago

Cambridge

Canelo has a risky fight! Heavier class means heavier punchers. Yup this girl knows about boxing!

By *onnylad37Man
over a year ago

selby

Yea you can’t beat that Mexican meat... it’s quality stuff ha ha

over a year ago

I like this Tevin Farmer...his footwork is something else. Great highlight reels of him in the pocket stepping around people.

over a year ago

"Yea I’m with you... think canelo will have too much but rockys size and height n the fact that canelos had a big step up in weight gives him a chance... come on rocky... will be one of the biggest upsets ever

Plus the fact he’s got a cut from sparring and is still going ahead tells me he thinks it’s an easy night for him "

Lool Camelot!

He's since signed up for Vada so we have to forget that he was a drug cheat

By *ardytaketwoMan
over a year ago

STOCKPORT

Yea he looks decent

By *ardytaketwoMan
over a year ago

STOCKPORT

"Yea I’m with you... think canelo will have too much but rockys size and height n the fact that canelos had a big step up in weight gives him a chance... come on rocky... will be one of the biggest upsets ever

Plus the fact he’s got a cut from sparring and is still going ahead tells me he thinks it’s an easy night for him

Lool Camelot!

He's since signed up for Vada so we have to forget that he was a drug cheat "

After robbing GGG and being given a last min exemption after the fight for a drug test hmmmmmm

By *onnylad37Man
over a year ago

selby

Anyone but him and he’s get a 2 year ban... clenbuterol is serious shit

over a year ago

"Canelo has a risky fight! Heavier class means heavier punchers. Yup this girl knows about boxing! "

Go gurl!

Canelo's chin is solid, GGG ain't no walk in the park, two fights with him without being hurt proves that.

By *onnylad37Man
over a year ago

selby

He makes too much money for Oscar de la Hoya who was a dodgy fucker as well

By *ardytaketwoMan
over a year ago

STOCKPORT

"He makes too much money for Oscar de la Hoya who was a dodgy fucker as well "

Very true pal

over a year ago

Canelo is De La Hoya's cash cow, no way he's letting him get taken out the sport...no matter what he does. Fought most of his career at his own weight class lol

By *onnylad37Man
over a year ago

selby

How’s that other fight going? Let me no when that’s finished I’m watching match of the day from earlier lol

over a year ago

"How’s that other fight going? Let me no when that’s finished I’m watching match of the day from earlier lol "

Farmer taking care of business, looking slick...fights pretty boring tho, not very competitive.

MOTD don't matter until Arsenal have played

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

"I’m up and watching it. Rocky from the same area as me and would love him to win but don’t see him lasting beyond 5 rounds. Maybe inside 3 depending how aggressive Canelo starts. Body shot and he’s gone "

from near me aswel keep it long Rocky, jab jab jab jab....

over a year ago

"I’m up and watching it. Rocky from the same area as me and would love him to win but don’t see him lasting beyond 5 rounds. Maybe inside 3 depending how aggressive Canelo starts. Body shot and he’s gone

from near me aswel keep it long Rocky, jab jab jab jab.... "

Nah don't be another Amir Khan...I reckon he should go for it, put it on Canelo from the off...show him the weight difference with some crisp clean power shots in the first...he can't allow Canelo to work him out.

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

"I’m up and watching it. Rocky from the same area as me and would love him to win but don’t see him lasting beyond 5 rounds. Maybe inside 3 depending how aggressive Canelo starts. Body shot and he’s gone

Nah don't be another Amir Khan...I reckon he should go for it, put it on Canelo from the off...show him the weight difference with some crisp clean power shots in the first...he can't allow Canelo to work him out."

hes the best counter puncher in boxing today... attacking him is making it easy for him, Rocky should stink the place out by jabbing and running, if he wins no1 will care about the performance, HE CANNOT OUT FIGHT CANELO.

By *onnylad37Man
over a year ago

selby

Agreed

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

Nah don't be another Amir Khan...I reckon he should go for it, put it on Canelo from the off...show him the weight difference with some crisp clean power shots in the first...he can't allow Canelo to work him out."

Canelo as already worked him out, he'll have watched many videos of Rocky.

over a year ago

Nah don't be another Amir Khan...I reckon he should go for it, put it on Canelo from the off...show him the weight difference with some crisp clean power shots in the first...he can't allow Canelo to work him out.

hes the best counter puncher in boxing today... attacking him is making it easy for him, Rocky should stink the place out by jabbing and running, if he wins no1 will care about the performance, HE CANNOT OUT FIGHT CANELO. "

He'll never make it imo...Longer Canelo shares the ring with him quicker he'll work out the right feint that will present the perfect opportunity.

over a year ago

Canelo as already worked him out, he'll have watched many videos of Rocky. "

Lets just hope it was the ones with Stallone in them

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

so your tactics would be make it a slug fest?

By *onnylad37Man
over a year ago

selby

If he makes it a slug fest I think he’s fucked... he’s gota try n keep him at arms length and maybe do a good flurry at the end of each round to maybe try n pinch the rounds... prob is only hope

over a year ago

"so your tactics would be make it a slug fest? "

Me personally? Fuck that I'd run all night! Lol

Considering Rocky's only advantage is his weight, yea! Put it on Canelo, no respect, no time...I'd say his chances of. KO are higher than a points win put it that way.

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

"If he makes it a slug fest I think he’s fucked... he’s gota try n keep him at arms length and maybe do a good flurry at the end of each round to maybe try n pinch the rounds... prob is only hope "

as i said before. going out attacking him is suicidal and suggesting it is bordering on the ridiculous

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

"so your tactics would be make it a slug fest?

Considering Rocky's only advantage is his weight, yea! Put it on Canelo, no respect, no time...I'd say his chances of. KO are higher than a points win put it that way. "

mate Canelo has just been 24rds with probably the hardest puncher in middleweight history?? do you realise what weight Canelo was wen he entered the ring against GGG? theyll be very little difference in weight tonight trust me

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

Whatever the tactics, hes got it all to do.... Come on Rocky, do yourself and the city proud

over a year ago

"If he makes it a slug fest I think he’s fucked... he’s gota try n keep him at arms length and maybe do a good flurry at the end of each round to maybe try n pinch the rounds... prob is only hope

as i said before. going out attacking him is suicidal and suggesting it is bordering on the ridiculous "

Of course, no logic behind my reasoning while its agreed he don't really stand a chance anyway

over a year ago

"so your tactics would be make it a slug fest?

Considering Rocky's only advantage is his weight, yea! Put it on Canelo, no respect, no time...I'd say his chances of. KO are higher than a points win put it that way.

mate Canelo has just been 24rds with probably the hardest puncher in middleweight history?? do you realise what weight Canelo was wen he entered the ring against GGG? theyll be very little difference in weight tonight trust me "

He won't go 12 with Canelo

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

he wont go 12secs if its a slugfest lol... lets agree we hope he does himself proud at least

over a year ago

"he wont go 12secs if its a slugfest lol... lets agree we hope he does himself proud at least "

Your prob right but it will be fun to watch, especially if Rocky's got the power to buzz Canelo who's usually a slow starter. I'm sure Rocky will do us proud, getting this fight alone is a great look for him

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

By *onnylad37Man
over a year ago

selby

Fuck these national anthems FFS

By *onnylad37Man
over a year ago

selby

At this rate these anthems are going to last longer than the fight lol

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

haha

By *onnylad37Man
over a year ago

selby

I’m nervous for him

over a year ago

Inside 3 rounds I called it

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

[Removed by poster at 16/12/18 05:19:46]

By *onnylad37Man
over a year ago

selby

Well that was bad

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

the tactics was probably irrelevant but attacking him from the 1st bell was suicidal for me.... but at least hes going home safe to his family, will catch up with him soon hopefully

By *untime77xxMan
over a year ago

birmingham

Who won

By *onnylad37Man
over a year ago

selby

Yea definitely glad he’s ok... he should now retire a rich healthy young man

Post new Message to Thread