Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Junk Christmas presents

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What do you do when you get a junk Christmas present?

Do you tell them that you hate it or smile and say "it's great thanks"?

Do you keep it in the cupboard to give to someone else next year or do you give it to a charity shop?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

In the days when we were very short of cash I bought gifts from Superdrug very cheaply. I suppose one of the people we gave one to must have thought it was junk because i saw it at the back of her wardrobe in August in the charity shop bag.

By *ruebameMan
over a year ago

from the womb and tryout to get back

I never get Xmas presents always tell everyone rather than buy me something that I don't need donate to charity rather see someone in need get something it's usually donated to the homeless which is always good I also buy hats gloves and other essentials to make stockings and hand them out in town

By *arly StagesCouple
over a year ago

Penwortham

Donate as a raffle prize

By *mber DextrousWoman
over a year ago

Devon

Depends who it's from and if it's expensive. Once my folks bought me a really expensive item I'd never have used. Hated the thought of it going to waste so diplomatically told them and exchanged it for something I loved from the same place that I'm still using 20+ years later.

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

My sister tends to buy a lot of little presents, some I find useful, some less so. The ones I have no use for I tend to donate to the Giving Tree the next year, so I'm still grateful for them, just it's better to donate rather than never use.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Usually any presents I get which are crap get the air rifle treatment

over a year ago

I like junk presents as long as they aren't ornaments.

Ornaments will be kept in a box or out in one of the spare room, never to be seen again.

over a year ago

"Usually any presents I get which are crap get the air rifle treatment"

I need an air rifle.

over a year ago

"In the days when we were very short of cash I bought gifts from Superdrug very cheaply. I suppose one of the people we gave one to must have thought it was junk because i saw it at the back of her wardrobe in August in the charity shop bag. "

They just may have been allergic and didn't like to say.

over a year ago

"I never get Xmas presents always tell everyone rather than buy me something that I don't need donate to charity rather see someone in need get something it's usually donated to the homeless which is always good I also buy hats gloves and other essentials to make stockings and hand them out in town "

That's a good idea. I just realised the food bank trolley is always in the local supermarket now. It wasn't there a couple of years ago.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"In the days when we were very short of cash I bought gifts from Superdrug very cheaply. I suppose one of the people we gave one to must have thought it was junk because i saw it at the back of her wardrobe in August in the charity shop bag.

They just may have been allergic and didn't like to say. "

No, they didn't use "cheap" stuff . I wasn't offended but it was that year or the following that I wrote to most people we exchanged gifts with and said I was stopping it. Now I have a list of about five

over a year ago

It’s a gift, so I will say thank you. They took the time to get me it so I won’t hurt hurt their feelings.

And then I’ll probably give it to someone who’ll appreciate it.

What do YOU do, OP!?

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Never had a bad one. I love and appreciate all presents given to me. I've even saved some from my childhood.

over a year ago

"Usually any presents I get which are crap get the air rifle treatment

I need an air rifle. "

Great for stress relief. Put a pic up of one you hate and fire!

over a year ago

Well not skunk present but my friend gave me her favourite perfume for Christmas last year. Given that I don't want to smell like my best friend I never opened it. Armani diamond so not cheap. Anyways when I asked her what she wanted this year ... Sure enough that's what's she's asked for.so the unopened, still in the plastic perfume given to me last year by her has been wrapped up and given back to her this year.

Everyone is a winner

Eski

Xoxo

over a year ago

I got a toilet bowl light in a Kris Kindle but no batteries to test it

over a year ago

I don’t get many presents off people and the ones I do get are things people have asked what I want.

By *uartz24Man
over a year ago

Barnsley

"I don’t get many presents off people and the ones I do get are things people have asked what I want. "

Nothing to do with the thread but

Think I have just seen the best boobs on fab

over a year ago

"It’s a gift, so I will say thank you. They took the time to get me it so I won’t hurt hurt their feelings.

And then I’ll probably give it to someone who’ll appreciate it.

What do YOU do, OP!? "

Good question.

I'm always polite and say thank you. Most go to charity shops or re-gifted. Always remember to write a note so you know who you got it from and don't give it back.

Post new Message to Thread