Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Any other ideas...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

For meeting men? Am fed up with the lack of suitable men on here. A prize awarded to anyone who suggests something I haven't already thought of/tried!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ubiousOatcakeMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

Move.

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

Take up Golf?

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

No idea, I've tried pretty much everything myself.

By *ottiedottieCouple
over a year ago

this fair land

"For meeting men? Am fed up with the lack of suitable men on here. A prize awarded to anyone who suggests something I haven't already thought of/tried! "

Some unsatisfying over in minutes selfish sex lol

over a year ago

"Take up Golf?"

Moving is in my game plan when I retire but that won't be for at least 6 years. Golf I hadn't thought of. What would you like as your prize?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Take up Golf?

Moving is in my game plan when I retire but that won't be for at least 6 years. Golf I hadn't thought of. What would you like as your prize? "

A hole in one, obviously.

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

"Take up Golf?

Moving is in my game plan when I retire but that won't be for at least 6 years. Golf I hadn't thought of. What would you like as your prize? "

My advice is pro bono. Good luck

over a year ago

"Take up Golf?

Moving is in my game plan when I retire but that won't be for at least 6 years. Golf I hadn't thought of. What would you like as your prize? My advice is pro bono. Good luck "

If he’s going to be there, I’m not going.

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

"Take up Golf?

Moving is in my game plan when I retire but that won't be for at least 6 years. Golf I hadn't thought of. What would you like as your prize? My advice is pro bono. Good luck

If he’s going to be there, I’m not going. "

Not a U2 fan then?

over a year ago

Lower your standards?

Gives the likes of me a chance then!!

over a year ago

"Lower your standards?

Gives the likes of me a chance then!! "

Lol

over a year ago

"For meeting men? Am fed up with the lack of suitable men on here. A prize awarded to anyone who suggests something I haven't already thought of/tried! "

Men suitable for what? Dating sites maybe? They at least pretend to like you as a person in the hope of a shag.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

No useful contribution but I have two single woman friends who find it very difficult. This surprises me given the number of single people there are in the world.

I'd go on first dates if I was single.

over a year ago

"No useful contribution but I have two single woman friends who find it very difficult. This surprises me given the number of single people there are in the world.

I'd go on first dates if I was single. "

You mean First Dates the programme? I've heard of it but never seen it (As opposed to a series of first dates....been there done that)!

over a year ago

"For meeting men? Am fed up with the lack of suitable men on here. A prize awarded to anyone who suggests something I haven't already thought of/tried!

Men suitable for what? Dating sites maybe? They at least pretend to like you as a person in the hope of a shag."

I've been on every dating site you care to name and found them all as bad as each other. I think it's a case of focusing on real life interests and activities as much as possible and forget about men/sex.

over a year ago

"For meeting men? Am fed up with the lack of suitable men on here. A prize awarded to anyone who suggests something I haven't already thought of/tried!

Men suitable for what? Dating sites maybe? They at least pretend to like you as a person in the hope of a shag.

I've been on every dating site you care to name and found them all as bad as each other. I think it's a case of focusing on real life interests and activities as much as possible and forget about men/sex. "

Sorry it's bad for you lady

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Bookmarking!!! I feel your pain OP

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"No useful contribution but I have two single woman friends who find it very difficult. This surprises me given the number of single people there are in the world.

I'd go on first dates if I was single.

You mean First Dates the programme? I've heard of it but never seen it (As opposed to a series of first dates....been there done that)!"

The programme. How nice to see programme instead of show .

I'd go on it because they seem to encourage people to talk about exactly what they're looking for in a relationship. A woman in her 70s was on recently, she quite openly said she would need any relationship to be sexual, the guy she was meeting was a bit crestfallen because he wasn't sure he was up to it. Others discuss how important family is to them or that they don't want children. Obviously its edited and staged but I'd still go on it and hope I was one of the women who made Fred go "oooo la la"

over a year ago

Sounds interesting, I need to watch it on catch-up. I can imagine just the exercise of going through what you want with a camera recording it, and an audience witnessing it, could be helpful/therapeutic in itself. Whether or not I would be good TV is another matter!

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

Think of the kind of man you want to meet and then imagine what they do, even better if it’s an interest shared by you.

Then go there and pick the ones you want.

You’ll walk a long time behind a duck before you pick up an ostrich feather is an old Chinese proverb that could have been written about dating sites full of knob-end blokes

over a year ago

"Bookmarking!!! I feel your pain OP "

Yes. It's a common problem I think. Most of the time it doesn't bother me but it has really begun to irk me this morning.

over a year ago

"Think of the kind of man you want to meet and then imagine what they do, even better if it’s an interest shared by you.

You’ll walk a long time behind a duck before you pick up an ostrich feather is an old Chinese proverb that could have been written about dating sites full of knob-end blokes"

"Pick the ones you want." As simple as that, eh? You clearly have no conception of the difficulties selective women have in meeting suitable men

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Sounds interesting, I need to watch it on catch-up. I can imagine just the exercise of going through what you want with a camera recording it, and an audience witnessing it, could be helpful/therapeutic in itself. Whether or not I would be good TV is another matter!"

I would be dreadful tv and I couldn't watch myself back. Have a look at First Dates Hotel while you're at it, that'd be worth it just for the trip

over a year ago

"Sounds interesting, I need to watch it on catch-up. I can imagine just the exercise of going through what you want with a camera recording it, and an audience witnessing it, could be helpful/therapeutic in itself. Whether or not I would be good TV is another matter!

I would be dreadful tv and I couldn't watch myself back. Have a look at First Dates Hotel while you're at it, that'd be worth it just for the trip"

Oh I like the idea of that, if they pay for the hotel too! Especially if it has a nice spa

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

"Think of the kind of man you want to meet and then imagine what they do, even better if it’s an interest shared by you.

You’ll walk a long time behind a duck before you pick up an ostrich feather is an old Chinese proverb that could have been written about dating sites full of knob-end blokes

"Pick the ones you want." As simple as that, eh? You clearly have no conception of the difficulties selective women have in meeting suitable men "

I was being a bit facetious to lighten the mood a bit, I do know it’s very difficult.

over a year ago

forget about it and just be open to it happening! Enjoy your life as it is and someone will come along who'll blow your socks off.

over a year ago

Write to prisoners in Guantanamo bay .. on the bright side you might gettah holiday out of it

over a year ago

"For meeting men? Am fed up with the lack of suitable men on here. A prize awarded to anyone who suggests something I haven't already thought of/tried! forget about it and just be open to it happening! Enjoy your life as it is and someone will come along who'll blow your socks off. "

I would like to think that you are right, however no-one has come along to blow my socks off within the past 20 years. No-one who wanted anything more than a few quick shags, that is. I guess it's just a sign of the times. In the meantime I do aim to enjoy my life as much as possible - what else is there???

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Sounds interesting, I need to watch it on catch-up. I can imagine just the exercise of going through what you want with a camera recording it, and an audience witnessing it, could be helpful/therapeutic in itself. Whether or not I would be good TV is another matter!

I would be dreadful tv and I couldn't watch myself back. Have a look at First Dates Hotel while you're at it, that'd be worth it just for the trip

Oh I like the idea of that, if they pay for the hotel too! Especially if it has a nice spa"

Its in the Italian countryside. I need say no more

over a year ago

Oh I like the idea of that, if they pay for the hotel too! Especially if it has a nice spa

Its in the Italian countryside. I need say no more"

Land of my fathers! Right, I'm there

over a year ago

"For meeting men? Am fed up with the lack of suitable men on here. A prize awarded to anyone who suggests something I haven't already thought of/tried! forget about it and just be open to it happening! Enjoy your life as it is and someone will come along who'll blow your socks off.

I would like to think that you are right, however no-one has come along to blow my socks off within the past 20 years. No-one who wanted anything more than a few quick shags, that is. I guess it's just a sign of the times. In the meantime I do aim to enjoy my life as much as possible - what else is there???"

I think the problem is the way society has us wanting everything now! We need to learn to re connect with each other not just via the net and dating sites. As my granny used to say "what's for you won't pass you by"

over a year ago

"For meeting men? Am fed up with the lack of suitable men on here. A prize awarded to anyone who suggests something I haven't already thought of/tried! forget about it and just be open to it happening! Enjoy your life as it is and someone will come along who'll blow your socks off.

I would like to think that you are right, however no-one has come along to blow my socks off within the past 20 years. No-one who wanted anything more than a few quick shags, that is. I guess it's just a sign of the times. In the meantime I do aim to enjoy my life as much as possible - what else is there??? I think the problem is the way society has us wanting everything now! We need to learn to re connect with each other not just via the net and dating sites. As my granny used to say "what's for you won't pass you by" "

Very true. I am incredibly impatient, always have been, but nevertheless I think 20 years is an incredibly long time to wait for anything!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Go to the supermarket. Look helpless. Ask a man for advice.

over a year ago

Amble around old European towns with a map in your hand and a lost look on your face.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Join Spice. I did years ago. Go to meetup.

Help others. When you're not looking they come out of the woodwork and you have to beat them off with a big stick.

over a year ago

"Go to the supermarket. Look helpless. Ask a man for advice. "

Hahaha! Not really my style but I'm sure it works for some. Being viewed as capable/independent is part of the "problem" I think.

over a year ago

"Join Spice. I did years ago. Go to meetup.

Help others. When you're not looking they come out of the woodwork and you have to beat them off with a big stick. "

Thanks. I have done both of the first two. I have to think of the best way of helping others....that's a good one. I have been not looking for some time now, clearly I'm not near the right sort of woodwork

over a year ago

"Join Spice. I did years ago. Go to meetup.

Help others. When you're not looking they come out of the woodwork and you have to beat them off with a big stick.

Thanks. I have done both of the first two. I have to think of the best way of helping others....that's a good one. I have been not looking for some time now, clearly I'm not near the right sort of woodwork"

over a year ago

"Go to the supermarket. Look helpless. Ask a man for advice. "

Or Halfords.

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

"Go to the supermarket. Look helpless. Ask a man for advice.

Or Halfords. "

If you’re in Halfords looking helpless you’ll be mistaken for one of the staff

By *ot-AshMan
over a year ago

London

How about going to watch Norwich play football OP?..lots of men to look at and you can join in with the singing as well!

over a year ago

"How about going to watch Norwich play football OP?..lots of men to look at and you can join in with the singing as well!"

I loathe and detest all sports, football and its chanting morons in particular

over a year ago

Or Halfords.

If you’re in Halfords looking helpless you’ll be mistaken for one of the staff"

true words!

over a year ago

Or Halfords.

If you’re in Halfords looking helpless you’ll be mistaken for one of the staff"

over a year ago

"How about going to watch Norwich play football OP?..lots of men to look at and you can join in with the singing as well!

I loathe and detest all sports, football and its chanting morons in particular"

Ooooooo im a chanting moron

over a year ago

Some unsatisfying over in minutes selfish sex lol "

That's something I can deliver..

over a year ago

Shop at aldis.. I know a lot of people who met their current partners there.. X

over a year ago

Try volunteering at a charity....

You will help people and meet very interesting people also...

I met a ex of mine when I was learning sign language....

over a year ago

Shop at aldis.. I know a lot of people who met their current partners there.. X"

I'm going to Aldi's tomorrow morning actually but I won't hold my breath

over a year ago

"Try volunteering at a charity....

You will help people and meet very interesting people also...

I met a ex of mine when I was learning sign language...."

Yes this is the way to go I think. Also takes the focus off "me myself I" to something far more worthwhile

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Or Halfords. "

Noooo, the guys in there barely know what they are doing

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

OP I feel your pain too

I've tried all kinds of ideas, including not bothering to even think about men.

I have a great and busy life, loads of friends and I do voluntary stuff too.

No idea what the issue is. I meet and date men, they say they want to meet again. Then they go quiet so I forget about them. Then they reappear again!

over a year ago

"OP I feel your pain too

I've tried all kinds of ideas, including not bothering to even think about men.

I have a great and busy life, loads of friends and I do voluntary stuff too.

No idea what the issue is. I meet and date men, they say they want to meet again. Then they go quiet so I forget about them. Then they reappear again!"

Yup! They reappear again when whatever "better option" they thought they had found goes belly up. That's when I tell them to fuck off. A busy life with lots of friends is a better option. It's a shame sex has to be forfeited, but hey-ho!

over a year ago

I’ve tried to meet people on here , had one social which was good , we didn’t click but she was sound .... would love to meet more for a social and if lucky have some fun together

So hey I’m open to offers lol

over a year ago

Don’t just use here. Maybe also look at your picking process, alter it in some way.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Don’t just use here. Maybe also look at your picking process, alter it in some way. "

The OP said she's tried all the dating sites you can think of.

Changing the picking process feels like compromising ones' standards

over a year ago

A trip to London?

over a year ago

"Don’t just use here. Maybe also look at your picking process, alter it in some way.

The OP said she's tried all the dating sites you can think of.

Changing the picking process feels like compromising ones' standards "

I hadn’t read all the thread. And I get that, but sometimes changing makes a difference. Just mixing it up a bit.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"A trip to London?

"

You're never there

over a year ago

"A trip to London?

"

I go to London as often as time and finances permit

over a year ago

"A trip to London?

You're never there "

Loool! That’s true. Time to travel the UK again I think.

over a year ago

"

I've been on every dating site you care to name and found them all as bad as each other. I think it's a case of focusing on real life interests and activities as much as possible and forget about men/sex. "

I think that is my war cry and all my single friends too. Speed dating was fun...a friend met and dated someone for a yr that way.

over a year ago

"

I've been on every dating site you care to name and found them all as bad as each other. I think it's a case of focusing on real life interests and activities as much as possible and forget about men/sex.

I think that is my war cry and all my single friends too. Speed dating was fun...a friend met and dated someone for a yr that way."

Yes I went through a phase of going speed dating for about five years 10-15 years ago but nothing substantial resulted

over a year ago

"

I think that is my war cry and all my single friends too. Speed dating was fun...a friend met and dated someone for a yr that way.

Yes I went through a phase of going speed dating for about five years 10-15 years ago but nothing substantial resulted"

Do people still do that?

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Speed dating was fun...a friend met and dated someone for a yr that way."

I've not tried that

over a year ago

Dating apps are crap. Not suitable for everyone.also many are just after sex (saying that as one of them ) I think what wouldnbe best is for you to narrow down what you want and comprise with your self if you have specific taste. I find events (networking/common goal works best for people who are looking for the same in their partner .good luck

over a year ago

It depends what you want. If it's dating I would say this is the wrong place

over a year ago

It depends what you want. If it's dating I would say this is the wrong place "

You see I don't think there's a right or wrong place for anything anywhere these days because everything overlaps

over a year ago

Not forget, but see it as a secondary thing ... enjoy what you're doing and things can happen!

over a year ago

May I motorboat you op?

over a year ago

Not forget, but see it as a secondary thing ... enjoy what you're doing and things can happen!"

Allegedly!

over a year ago

"May I motorboat you op?"

Is that code for some weird perverted practice?

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"You see I don't think there's a right or wrong place for anything anywhere these days because everything overlaps"

I agree, people are people wherever and however you meet them.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"May I motorboat you op?

Is that code for some weird perverted practice? "

It;s not perverted, if you don't want him I'll have him.. He's French

over a year ago

"May I motorboat you op?

It;s not perverted, if you don't want him I'll have him.. He's French "

Oui... Biensur! Moi aussi

over a year ago

It depends what you want. If it's dating I would say this is the wrong place

You see I don't think there's a right or wrong place for anything anywhere these days because everything overlaps"

This is the only site I'm on because the last thing I want to do is date. I wouldn't want my meet thinking there is potential to, or that I want to date.

I know 2 successful marriages resulting from meeting on a dating site. The rest of them never went beyond 5 years

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

o/p Do you have a "type"? Some women do and can exclude men instantly for not being their "type". Maybe go on a few daytime coffee meets, you might be suprised. Good luck!

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

A bucket of KFC

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"May I motorboat you op?

It;s not perverted, if you don't want him I'll have him.. He's French

Oui... Biensur! Moi aussi"

Ooo la la

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"o/p Do you have a "type"? Some women do and can exclude men instantly for not being their "type". Maybe go on a few daytime coffee meets, you might be suprised. Good luck!"

I have a type on paper, but rarely stick to it because there are so few Tom Burke as Athos men in the world

over a year ago

"o/p Do you have a "type"? Some women do and can exclude men instantly for not being their "type". Maybe go on a few daytime coffee meets, you might be suprised. Good luck!"

Most of my veris are from daytime coffee meets with a wide variety of men. I know how to do this - I've had 20 years' experience!

over a year ago

Or Halfords. "

Oh yes. But, you'd have to be looking for the grease monkey types.

over a year ago

Halfords are all youngsters !

over a year ago

"Halfords are all youngsters !"

Just to clarify I don't have a car so won't be going to Halfords!

over a year ago

"Halfords are all youngsters !

Just to clarify I don't have a car so won't be going to Halfords! "

They do bikes too love

over a year ago

They do bikes too love "

I don't cycle either! Train, bus, coach or Shanks's pony for me

By *bwlookingforfunWoman
over a year ago

crawley

My advice won't help, I have no skills here. Last meet guy asked me to cut his toenails..

Still want my advice?

over a year ago

Put your name and address on a piece of paper and tie to a balloon

over a year ago

They do bikes too love

I don't cycle either! Train, bus, coach or Shanks's pony for me"

Have to tried to hump the bus driver ?

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I’ll shag ya if you come to Brighton. I’m quite willing for your to lower your standards.

Seriously though, it’s when you start to gibber that you should start to worry.

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"My advice won't help, I have no skills here. Last meet guy asked me to cut his toenails..

Still want my advice? "

good lord!

over a year ago

"My advice won't help, I have no skills here. Last meet guy asked me to cut his toenails..

Still want my advice? "

Haha I think I might know who this is!

over a year ago

Still want my advice?

Haha I think I might know who this is! "

Promise it wasn't me for once

over a year ago

If that's an honest question I personally think online is a very bad way to meet men or women. Not one of my friends, has had any long lasting success. The only real way is socially in person, so hobbies where people gather together or for me has always been bars in bars, clubs or pubs. Everybody is in a great mood and more open to interaction.

over a year ago

If that's an honest question I personally think online is a very bad way to meet men or women. Not one of my friends, has had any long lasting success. The only real way is socially in person, so hobbies where people gather together or for me has always been bars in bars, clubs or pubs. Everybody is in a great mood and more open to interaction. "

Yes it is an honest question and I tend to agree with you. I prefer real life to online any time, though the latter is useful for putting you in touch with people you would never otherwise meet

Post new Message to Thread