Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Music Production

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Looking to start producing my own music, but with the variety of software to use, figured I'd ask you guys!

Ableton, FL, Reason...

What do you use and why?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Reason has a lot of plug-ins if you don't have hardware. I understand it's fairly user friendly too.

If you're going to start buying hardware then I'd go for Cubase, as you can build mixer maps for older synths that really open up the sounds

over a year ago

No idea sorry. Out of curiosity what music genre are you going to focus on?

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

A bit of a mix and mash really, but mainly focused on electro.

Was looking to make like ambient/liquid/trap sort of stuff but using things like white noise and radio static, anything unconventional and natural

over a year ago

Its best to try them all mate and see witch one work better for you in your work flow are you gonna be using outboard gear like vintage 808's and synths or you just a all in the box producer style,

over a year ago

Pro tools

over a year ago

Reason is good if you don't have the vst's and hardware as has some good bits integrated.

Cubase is ok, but you would need all your plug-ins ect separately.

Fl is basic.

A friend of mine who produces a multitude of genres at a high level uses reason but has all the bells and whistles to use alongside it.

By *hocolate37Man
over a year ago

Heathrow

"Reason has a lot of plug-ins if you don't have hardware. I understand it's fairly user friendly too.

If you're going to start buying hardware then I'd go for Cubase, as you can build mixer maps for older synths that really open up the sounds"

Agreed...but as a plus, Cubase has a bunch of new synths, a mixer console and additional features that make it almost self-contained for production, mixing and self-mastering for demos. I'm using Cubase (9), and have done since Cubase VST, so I am a bit biased, but the new Cubase 10 is next-level!!

Post new Message to Thread