Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Loneliness

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

At what point do you accept that loneliness is a part of your life and how do you come to terms with it?

Maybe there is something wrong with me and i cant see it. No friends, phone never receives calls or texts unless i contact acquaintances first, work colleagues organising Xmas events and as i dont drink i don't get invited and am left in an empty office.

Ive tried groups, sports (health wont allow this anymore). People always say im a nice guy and easy to get on with, so why am i still alone without friends?

Its been this way for 6 years now. I think everyone gets to the point where this happens and perhaps no one speaks about it.

What do people think?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *alo and HimCouple
over a year ago

Peterborough

Loneliness is awful. dont really know what to say or suggest. Just wanted you to know others have been/are going through the same, and are there if you want to chat x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"At what point do you accept that loneliness is a part of your life and how do you come to terms with it?

Maybe there is something wrong with me and i cant see it. No friends, phone never receives calls or texts unless i contact acquaintances first, work colleagues organising Xmas events and as i dont drink i don't get invited and am left in an empty office.

Ive tried groups, sports (health wont allow this anymore). People always say im a nice guy and easy to get on with, so why am i still alone without friends?

Its been this way for 6 years now. I think everyone gets to the point where this happens and perhaps no one speaks about it.

What do people think? "

Have you tried some of the social events that get posted to the forums? You won't get a more accepting bunch of people than this site, friendly as well

Hope you find something or someone that can help you find a happy Christmas

over a year ago

"At what point do you accept that loneliness is a part of your life and how do you come to terms with it?

What do people think? "

Firstly, I'm sorry I don't have a solution...x

I think it is a terrible place to be and I know there are lots of people there. I don't know or have an answer but am just sending some genuine support your way and if you were closer, I'd be a friend to call on (and I know men and women can have healthy friendships, I have had several over the years.)

over a year ago

Have you tried meetup ?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

[Removed by poster at 15/12/18 06:15:43]

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Meetup is the best idea on here so far.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 15/12/18 06:12:17]

over a year ago

Please go volunteer at some charity.....

You will meet new people and do some good at the same time...

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Please go volunteer at some charity.....

You will meet new people and do some good at the same time..."

Great idea.

over a year ago

"

Its been this way for 6 years now "

What was different before then ?

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

Social events are more likely to involve alcoholic beverages or palaces that serve alcohol, you should attend with others even if you don’t drink.

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Not drinking shouldn't effect your ability to have fun. I often go out and only drink pop. It doesn't stop me being involved... although you do need to be accepting of the d*unk peoples behaviour and not judge them.

Cal

over a year ago

You called?

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thank you for your kind words and ideas x

By *mber DextrousWoman
over a year ago

Devon

I think so many of us are busy with lots on our plates and it's easy to forget about others and focus on yourself. It doesn't excuse the fact you always have to initiate contact but I find the same, I often have to be the one to make the effort or I don't see/ hear from people. I suspect social media has also made us lazy, thinking a Like on a post counts as interaction.

I use Meet Up a bit, there are some great groups on there and you can meet some really interesting people. And volunteering is a good call. I came across CLANGERS in relation to good health, not sure if that might give you some food for thought OP

Connect

Learn

(be) Active

Notice

Give back

Eat well

Relax

Sleep

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

I ger lonely sometimes too .

Sending hugs to you OP ..

over a year ago

It's a difficult one. Most people in couples/families have no comprehension of what it's like to be on your own day in, day out, for years on end. Yes it can be exhilarating and liberating but it can also be a hard slog. Best advice is to be as kind to yourself as possible and retreat/regroup whenever you need to re-gather your strength

over a year ago

It's a state of mind.

Educate yourself with the time you have then your filling the void.

Positive.energy. application. Creative. Education.

Peace.

Post new Message to Thread