Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Feel cheated.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi everyone (female half here)

So I thought I’d be nice and sent a guy a polite reply as to why I didn’t want to meet him. I also apologised to him.

That message is sat in his inbox, unread three weeks later.

I’m wounded how he hasn’t read it after I put so much effort in.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *an_LexaCouple
over a year ago

Sunderland

Aw you didn’t want to meet him anyway. Don’t sweat it. Delete it from your sent then you cant fester over it.

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

"Hi everyone (female half here)

So I thought I’d be nice and sent a guy a polite reply as to why I didn’t want to meet him. I also apologised to him.

I’m wounded how he hasn’t read it after I put so much effort in."

He may have read it and then marked it as unread.

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Good luck with this experiment

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ha see now you know how it feels, he probably has read it as short message it's just gone over edge of message dump oblivion

By *hil LandererMan
over a year ago

Leicester

[Removed by poster at 14/12/18 08:16:22]

By *hil LandererMan
over a year ago

Leicester

So your uptight about a guy who you clearly didn't want to meet not replying to you,

Seems to me your problem is a dented ego and nothing more, surely a message of what not even 20 words wasn't going out your way or much of an effort really, I can see it was a nice thing in your part to be polite but is it really a Big deal, surely there are more important issues in your life than this.

over a year ago

Bloody hurts don't it!!

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

Perhaps he hasnt been on fab for a few days and not read any messages

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

So your uptight about a guy who you clearly didn't want to meet not replying to you,

Seems to me your problem is a dented ego and nothing more, surely a message of what not even 20 words wasn't going out your way or much of an effort really, I can see it was a nice thing in your part to be polite but is it really a Big deal, surely there are more important issues in your life than this. "

I think you'll find the OP was being ironic and more than a little tongue in cheek

By *hil LandererMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Seems to me your problem is a dented ego and nothing more, surely a message of what not even 20 words wasn't going out your way or much of an effort really, I can see it was a nice thing in your part to be polite but is it really a Big deal, surely there are more important issues in your life than this.

I think you'll find the OP was being ironic and more than a little tongue in cheek "

That's a little naive of yourself tbh

Why start a thread in it then

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I think you'll find the OP was being ironic and more than a little tongue in cheek

Why start a thread in it then "

I must be naive too, as that's also how I read it. Many people start tongue in cheek threads.

over a year ago

Patience is key .......

By *hil LandererMan
over a year ago

Leicester

I must be naive too, as that's also how I read it. Many people start tongue in cheek threads. "

Maybe so then, you all do have your little clichés though so hard to give an honest opinion I'd say

over a year ago

I must be naive too, as that's also how I read it. Many people start tongue in cheek threads. "

over a year ago

I must be naive too, as that's also how I read it. Many people start tongue in cheek threads.

Maybe so then, you all do have your little clichés though so hard to give an honest opinion I'd say

"

Poor you!

over a year ago

I think you'll find the OP was being ironic and more than a little tongue in cheek "

You think???

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Friday sense of humour failure anyone?

Hohoho!

over a year ago

Mayb he has read the message preview and got the gist of the message so was also upset and hasn’t read the messsge but should at least delete it

over a year ago

Chill your beans people!!

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

C’est la vie..

By *l6789Man
over a year ago

croydon

Thanks for putting the effort in although he failed to notice the next one might.

And from the men here that do put effort in to their introduction and get the same in kind it’s part of the online scene.

Try not to get too disheartened

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Maybe before he had an opportunity to check his inbox he found an alternative meet and weeks later is still chained to a bed/bathroom radiator or locked in someones dungeon getting shagged hourly with an assortment of root vegetables?

So many possible explanations.....

A

over a year ago

"Friday sense of humour failure anyone?

Hohoho!"

It’s so hard to know who’s joking and who’s actually asking for advice. And then there is the odd blunt message that can be taken the wrong way.

I love a laugh but I genuinely wanted to support the original message. I’m unsure if to giggle or slap myself. Lol.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

Why start a thread in it then "

How's it naive? Naive suggests showing a lack of knowledge and experience which is far from the case here

As for why start a thread? Why start a thread on anything?

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

Oh and OP maybe he's marked it unread as he's trying to decide whether your message warrants a polite "thanks for letting me know" or an abusive one telling you you are all the things opposite to the things he told you you were in your original message or maybe one begging you to give him a chance...you know you'll not regret it

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

Awww bless your poor ego

over a year ago

Send another, with the message header IN BOLD.

By *hil LandererMan
over a year ago

Leicester

How's it naive? Naive suggests showing a lack of knowledge and experience which is far from the case here

As for why start a thread? Why start a thread on anything?

"

Lol wake up and smell the coffee man and grow a pair, stop trying to defend her lol,

over a year ago

Lol, your put out because he hasn't read or responded to your knock back note?

I send polite rejections all the time, no effort there 'thanks for the message but don't think for me sorry have fun'. The communication should end there

over a year ago

He does right. When my inbox is yellow it boosts my confidence and makes me feel wanted. Even if it's a "not if you were the last woman on earth!!" message.

Yellow makes me feel good.

over a year ago

"Chill your beans people!! "
refried beans omg I fancy a burrito now

over a year ago

Just delete.

Move on

over a year ago

Learn to accept rejection. Maybe ask for some advice from the guys about how they deal with it on 99.9% of their communications

over a year ago

Careful OP, your entitlement is showing!

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It was meant touché in cheek, but more so that people are starting a lot of threads complaining nobody ever replies to them, even to just say no thanks.

So I did and it wasn’t read.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

"It was meant touché in cheek, but more so that people are starting a lot of threads complaining nobody ever replies to them, even to just say no thanks.

So I did and it wasn’t read. "

Obviously humour & irony goes right over some people's heads around here

By *ackDanielsWhiteRabbitMan
over a year ago

Halifax

"It was meant touché in cheek, but more so that people are starting a lot of threads complaining nobody ever replies to them, even to just say no thanks.

So I did and it wasn’t read.

Obviously humour & irony goes right over some people's heads around here "

over a year ago

Crikey.

I should have made some popcorn before seeing what was going off in this thread!

I can't be the only bloke who thought the OP was being funny, surely??

over a year ago

OP you are right to feel hurt & wounded, the nerve of the man, how very dare he not reply lol

over a year ago

What is the longest one has left a message unread? Asking for a friend.

over a year ago

This thread is just comedy gold!

Awesome post OP

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

He is just waiting for his inbox to get overloaded so he can inadvertently do a bulk delete.... and then apologies to everyone and ask them to write to him again

over a year ago

So rude of him, doesn't anyone on here have manners?!

You should send him another 5 messages asking why he hasn't replied!

over a year ago

FFS!

As qualified engineer, I'm switching everyone's #sarcmode off.

over a year ago

Hope you're okay hun x

over a year ago

Perhaps hes lost his glasses and he waiting for new ones

over a year ago

"He does right. When my inbox is yellow it boosts my confidence and makes me feel wanted. Even if it's a "not if you were the last woman on earth!!" message.

Yellow makes me feel good. "

You’re pretty cool..... you don’t take yourself seriously.... you have a great sense of humor...

over a year ago

"FFS!

As qualified engineer, I'm switching everyone's #sarcmode off."

Pffft love that post

over a year ago

It’s probably got lost in the thousand of other messages most of us guys get. As soon as I mass delete the messages my inbox is full again!

I’m going to have to employ a secretary to deal with my admin soon

By *eeBee67Man
over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Send me a message, I'll reply, if that will make you feel better

over a year ago

Ohhh you monkey... You got me there!

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

Yeah if I could tell it was a rejection message it would get unread and deleted.

Completely redundant.

over a year ago

I'm hoping I can see the deliberate irony and sarcasm in this. Looking forward to all the uptight replies.

over a year ago

"He does right. When my inbox is yellow it boosts my confidence and makes me feel wanted. Even if it's a "not if you were the last woman on earth!!" message.

Yellow makes me feel good.

You’re pretty cool..... you don’t take yourself seriously.... you have a great sense of humor...

"

Thank you.

Post new Message to Thread