Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Legendary gigs

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Watching Bohemian Rhapsody and it's taking me back to my primary school obsession of watching the Queen set over and over again on VHS! I would still kill to have been there.

Was anyone there?

Or, which other gig that's gone down in history were you at/wish you'd been at?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

Meant to say Live Aid set!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’d liked to have gone to Buddy Holly’s last concert with a banner saying, Take The Bus

over a year ago

"I’d liked to have gone to Buddy Holly’s last concert with a banner saying, Take The Bus

"

Buddy, a bus wanker? That'll be the day.

By *ribsaMan
over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

Monster of Rock all great but Iron Maiden head lineing sticks in my mind.

over a year ago

Saw muse a few year ago, they put on an amazing show. 10 ft robot, fire and people dancing from floating light bulbs.

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Was at AcDc at Donington at the end of the middle walkway. That's on dvd now. There were queensryche, black crowes, motley crue, and Metallica on that day. Was excellent.

I could have gone to Live Aid and Pink Floyd - pulse. But decided against both.. Don't know why??

Although I saw Floyd on Delicate Sound of Thunder tour and that was simply stunning.

over a year ago

I don't want to spoil the thread by peaking too early but I was at Susan Boyle's BGT audition

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

"I don't want to spoil the thread by peaking too early but I was at Susan Boyle's BGT audition "

So its YOUR fault!!!

over a year ago

"I don't want to spoil the thread by peaking too early but I was at Susan Boyle's BGT audition

So its YOUR fault!!! "

Not gonna lie, I even shed a tear.

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

"I don't want to spoil the thread by peaking too early but I was at Susan Boyle's BGT audition

So its YOUR fault!!!

Not gonna lie, I even shed a tear. "

You know you are saying this aloud (metaphorically speaking) and it's not in your head anymore

over a year ago

So its YOUR fault!!!

You know you are saying this aloud (metaphorically speaking) and it's not in your head anymore "

It's cathartic

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

So its YOUR fault!!!

You know you are saying this aloud (metaphorically speaking) and it's not in your head anymore

It's cathartic "

No judgement, ish... Kidding!

Each to their own.

By *agermeisterMan
over a year ago

Leeds

"Watching Bohemian Rhapsody and it's taking me back to my primary school obsession of watching the Queen set over and over again on VHS! I would still kill to have been there.

Was anyone there?

Or, which other gig that's gone down in history were you at/wish you'd been at?"

I was at Live Aid. 20 yards from the stage all day. Wept thru the last 20 minutes of BoRap

Would have loved to have seen Bob Marley at the Lyceum 1975 as recorded on 'Live' album

Also one of Springsteen's Xmas shoes at Maidison Square Gardens

And the Stones on their 1973 World Tour

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

OK.. Other memorable gigs..

RUSH - show of hands that's on dvd

Missed Audioslave and now never will see.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Been to many gigs over the years, including every Monsters of Rock (it's only down the road from me), but the second gig I ever went to was Led Zep at Knebworth

over a year ago

"Watching Bohemian Rhapsody and it's taking me back to my primary school obsession of watching the Queen set over and over again on VHS! I would still kill to have been there.

Was anyone there?

Or, which other gig that's gone down in history were you at/wish you'd been at?

I was at Live Aid. 20 yards from the stage all day. Wept thru the last 20 minutes of BoRap

Would have loved to have seen Bob Marley at the Lyceum 1975 as recorded on 'Live' album

Also one of Springsteen's Xmas shoes at Maidison Square Gardens

And the Stones on their 1973 World Tour"

I’m sure we’d all loved to have seen Bruce’s Christmas shoes.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Saw Tina Turner at Wembley, years ago

over a year ago

"Been to many gigs over the years, including every Monsters of Rock (it's only down the road from me), but the second gig I ever went to was Led Zep at Knebworth "

Knebworth just says Oasis to me! Another one I wish I was there for.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Led Zep Earls Court 1975

I win the internet!

over a year ago

"Led Zep Earls Court 1975

I win the internet! "

Erm... Yeah, but...Susan Boyle!

*Mike drop*

over a year ago

I was fortunate enough to have been able to see the late Michael Jackson in concert.

1992 Dangerous tour. It was Epic - and so was the record label he was signed to.

By *he James gangCouple
over a year ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

Acdc with Bon Scott, at Wembley, headlined by the who, I think 1979, doobie brothers, lynyrd skynyrd, John fogerty (last month) Steve Millar band, cheap trick, the hooters, eagles, Springsteen, Santana, Bob Dylan, Neil young, Crosby stills and Nash, Nils lofgren, Greg allman, Fleetwood Mac, Georgia satelites, meat loaf, thin Lizzy, Rory Gallagher (when Jimmy Hendrix was asked what did it feel like to be the best guitarist in the world, he replied, don't know, ask Rory Gallagher that questin!) Ry colder, genesis, Tom petty, big country, skids, Nathaniel ratelife, Al Stewart, undertones, status quo, Paul Simon, the chieftains, reo speedwagon, Bruce Hornsby, buritto deluxe (offshoot of the flying burrito brothers and the band, Michael Bublé, Neil diamond, Mike Nesmith, 38 special, Def lepard, Atlanta rythmm section, beach boys, Elton John, Chris rea to name but a few, didn't include shit gigs lol by big artists and not so big. Nkotb and backstreet boys with my young daughter, my excuse! Jethro tull (poor sound), devine comedy (really shit). I'm sure there's more but can't come to mind. The band I want to see is Boston.

By *ohn snowMan
over a year ago

bletchley

Saw michael jackson at wembley on his BAD tour,was an epic gig with Kim wilde supporting and she had a wardrobe malfunction and her boob popped out!!

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

I go to a lot of gigs. Can’t think of any as ‘gone down in history’ though.

I’d have liked to have been there for Kate Bush’s recent ish comeback.

By *dward_TeagueMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

I’d have loved to have seen the Stones on their 1972 American tour, rock n roll excess at its highest.

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

I was at the last full gig Oasis did before the Gallaghers fell out, that was an epic night and in a small venue too so I was right up at the front.

over a year ago

Depeche Mode 101 tour , would have loved to have been to one of those gigs and the last show from the Passadena Rose Bowl was awesome

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Been to many gigs over the years, including every Monsters of Rock (it's only down the road from me), but the second gig I ever went to was Led Zep at Knebworth

Knebworth just says Oasis to me! Another one I wish I was there for."

Have seen Deep Purple & Queen at Knebworth as well

Post new Message to Thread