Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ladies, holidaying alone

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do any of the ladies on her holiday abroad alone?

I haven't been on holiday for years aside from several Center Parcs holidays with my adult children. I really want to go but don't have anyone to go with.

I'm ok with this but don't know where to start looking or planning.

Can I hear your positive stories please.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *NT LoversCouple
over a year ago

Manchester Warrington

Hi, my ex wife went for a short break, so why not try a weekend away first to see how you feel .

over a year ago

"Hi, my ex wife went for a short break, so why not try a weekend away first to see how you feel ."

Thank you yes, that I'd good advice. However knowing me, I will be gutted to come home after such a short time and wonder why I didn't book two weeks!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What are you looking for in a holiday,no one can give advice without really knowing what you are looking for

By *llysonMacWoman
over a year ago

Hanley

I have holidayed alone a few times. If im going abroad i book excursions every other day so i know i have something to do and to look forward to. I have always found that people are happy to talk and sometimes bring you into their group for the excursion.

When im on uk holidays i usually go for a particular reason and look at trip advisor for other things to do in the area.

Keeping busy prevents boredom which makes you feel lonely. Thats how i see it anyway.

Just remember you have the chance to do exactly what you want when you want to, thats what makes me enjoy solo holidays.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'll be all over Europe next year. Any of you ladies are in my area and need company....

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Do any of the ladies on her holiday abroad alone?

I haven't been on holiday for years aside from several Center Parcs holidays with my adult children. I really want to go but don't have anyone to go with.

"

I've done a little bit and love it - dancing at the Provence swing festival then dropping down to St Tropez for a few days, and in the Italian alps for combined skiing/lindyhop festival, that was great fun!

Last winter I went to Prague for the xmas markets and walked 26 miles in two days seeing all the sights and totally pleasing myself, it was amazing! Do it!!

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I've got my first holiday alone booked for the new year. I'm going to reykyavik in February.

I booked with Tui online and there was no additional fee for being a solo traveller.

I was a bit of a wimp and booked a package rather than doing it all separately because I've never travelled solo before and it's 10 years since I last went overseas. Next time I will probably do it differently.

over a year ago

"What are you looking for in a holiday,no one can give advice without really knowing what you are looking for"

Well I'm not very adventurous, I don't have great mobility and a medical condition means I tire easily so something like an all inclusive package holiday to start with

over a year ago

"I have holidayed alone a few times. If im going abroad i book excursions every other day so i know i have something to do and to look forward to. I have always found that people are happy to talk and sometimes bring you into their group for the excursion.

When im on uk holidays i usually go for a particular reason and look at trip advisor for other things to do in the area.

Keeping busy prevents boredom which makes you feel lonely. Thats how i see it anyway.

Just remember you have the chance to do exactly what you want when you want to, thats what makes me enjoy solo holidays. "

Thank you! That is what I wanted to hear

I don't get lonely so am not worried about that, but I do get bored easily.

over a year ago

"Do any of the ladies on her holiday abroad alone?

I've done a little bit and love it - dancing at the Provence swing festival then dropping down to St Tropez for a few days, and in the Italian alps for combined skiing/lindyhop festival, that was great fun!

Last winter I went to Prague for the xmas markets and walked 26 miles in two days seeing all the sights and totally pleasing myself, it was amazing! Do it!! "

Wow! I don't think I would be up to that ( or indeed be brave enough) but good for you!

I'm sure it's very empowering.

Post new Message to Thread