Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Funeral costs.

Jump to newest

By *am62 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bristol

Does anyone else think that Funerals cost way to much.Would love to hear opinions on this matter. Are the prices they charge a rip of, or would you Bury a loved one at any cost. No offence meant on this subject.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Funeral directors aren't a charity. It's also a surprisingly cutthroat sector. But there are a lot of costs incurred, no one gives there time for free. Even a basic no frills cremation costs close to a grand for a reason

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

You don't need to use an undertaker. A simple coffin or wicker basket carried by a few close friends to the crematorium or green burial site, a few kind words and a heartfelt goodbye has far more meaning than any Co-op funeral will ever have.

over a year ago

"Funeral directors aren't a charity. It's also a surprisingly cutthroat sector. But there are a lot of costs incurred, no one gives there time for free. Even a basic no frills cremation costs close to a grand for a reason"

Try closer to 2 and a half grand. Even for the most basic of funerals.

over a year ago

"You don't need to use an undertaker. A simple coffin or wicker basket carried by a few close friends to the crematorium or green burial site, a few kind words and a heartfelt goodbye has far more meaning than any Co-op funeral will ever have."

Yes but your still looking close to 2 grand.

over a year ago

"You don't need to use an undertaker. A simple coffin or wicker basket carried by a few close friends to the crematorium or green burial site, a few kind words and a heartfelt goodbye has far more meaning than any Co-op funeral will ever have.

Yes but your still looking close to 2 grand. "

My recent experience was 3 and a half

over a year ago

"Funeral directors aren't a charity. It's also a surprisingly cutthroat sector. But there are a lot of costs incurred, no one gives there time for free. Even a basic no frills cremation costs close to a grand for a reason

Try closer to 2 and a half grand. Even for the most basic of funerals. "

No its less than a grand if you don't have a service

over a year ago

"You don't need to use an undertaker. A simple coffin or wicker basket carried by a few close friends to the crematorium or green burial site, a few kind words and a heartfelt goodbye has far more meaning than any Co-op funeral will ever have.

Yes but your still looking close to 2 grand.

My recent experience was 3 and a half "

I don't doubt it. It is very experience.

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

My dad always said throw me over the cemetery wall in a cardboard box.

Would have been a hell of a lot cheaper!

over a year ago

"You don't need to use an undertaker. A simple coffin or wicker basket carried by a few close friends to the crematorium or green burial site, a few kind words and a heartfelt goodbye has far more meaning than any Co-op funeral will ever have."

Its pretty much impossible to arrange a crenation without a funeral director being invol5

over a year ago

"Funeral directors aren't a charity. It's also a surprisingly cutthroat sector. But there are a lot of costs incurred, no one gives there time for free. Even a basic no frills cremation costs close to a grand for a reason

No its less than a grand if you don't have a service "

I'm sorry but its not. My dad died nearly 2 years ago and we very carefully looked into it. We went as cheap as possible.

By *loveyou2Man
over a year ago

docklands

Try 3 and a half grand I have just done it

And it was a very basic one

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

The green burial site alone costs £1500.

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

I guess it’s a case of weighing up their time and materials

Probably charging £40-50 per hour, a casket £1000 cost, when you start adding it all up, you must be £5000

over a year ago

Yes they can be expensive. I’m not particularly bothered whether I’m buried or cremated and it can be done on the cheap. I’d rather have a good wake, than a posh coffin.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

You also have to pay for the time you are in storage before the funeral which can be two weeks.

By *ruebameMan
over a year ago

from the womb and tryout to get back

There's always the option to donate your body for medical science

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

In North London the price of the plot was £7950 if possible it’s not a bad idea to buy one ASAP as the price of these are going up all the time.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"There's always the option to donate your body for medical science "

My parents have done that. They are just hoping they don't die on Christmas Day as the University can't accept you that day !

over a year ago

So after enduring the cost of living, there's the cost of dying

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

I arranged a funeral for my aunt in March and it was eye opening...luckily she had a considerable amount in her estate so we didn't feel too pressured to watch the pennies. The director did mention they had a 'budget' option at £3.5k!

Nevertheless, the up front costs had to be paid and luckily my mum was able to do this on her credit card. It did make me wonder how people who have nothing are able to have a funeral. If I popped my clogs tomorrow I don't know where that money would come from.

over a year ago

Paid £4.5K just last week

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

"There's always the option to donate your body for medical science

My parents have done that. They are just hoping they don't die on Christmas Day as the University can't accept you that day !"

My aunt had made comments about doing this on and off over the years, but it was only after going through her things a month or two after she died that I found the paperwork and discovered she'd actually signed up to it! If I'd had the details beforehand...

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

"I arranged a funeral for my aunt in March and it was eye opening...luckily she had a considerable amount in her estate so we didn't feel too pressured to watch the pennies. The director did mention they had a 'budget' option at £3.5k!

Nevertheless, the up front costs had to be paid and luckily my mum was able to do this on her credit card. It did make me wonder how people who have nothing are able to have a funeral. If I popped my clogs tomorrow I don't know where that money would come from. "

And I'm going to my great aunt's funeral today. What a year it's been

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS
over a year ago

Cornwall

I've registered for that but there is no guarantee that at the time they will take you

over a year ago

"I arranged a funeral for my aunt in March and it was eye opening...luckily she had a considerable amount in her estate so we didn't feel too pressured to watch the pennies. The director did mention they had a 'budget' option at £3.5k!

Nevertheless, the up front costs had to be paid and luckily my mum was able to do this on her credit card. It did make me wonder how people who have nothing are able to have a funeral. If I popped my clogs tomorrow I don't know where that money would come from. "

Yes its really difficult, iv lost both my parents. It was sudden and both fairly young. Neither of them had any money. It was really difficult in both cases we had to pay a grand up front. Not easy to get that kind of money together.

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

If you can't afford to pay for a funeral, what happens? I'm sure you still get cremated.

They aren't going to throw you out for the bin collectors are they?

over a year ago

Its done for you but no one can attend, you aren't even told when its happening. Very hard for loved ones.

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"Its done for you but no one can attend, you aren't even told when its happening. Very hard for loved ones. "

Really, I didn't know that.

over a year ago

Yes and its a bit of a postcode lottery as to whether you get given the Ashes even.

over a year ago

Petrol and matches, done.

There are too many rich, pointless people making money from my life. I'll be pissed if some asshole makes money off my death too.

3.5 grand? I have never had that amount of money in one go and probably never will.

By *ingle Beds LassWoman
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

Just paid out £4+K.. cremation fees were extortionate.. but the nearest one from where we used was 50 miles away... they have the monopoly... 'Tea' was almost £8pp... don't get me started on solicitor fees for sorting out an unwitnessed will!!!!!!

Folk who came to pay their respects were asked to make a donation rather than flowers, so that was a nice bonus

By *el3491Man
over a year ago

Gwent.

I have a niece who lives in Taunton, while visiting her and her husband recently, he told me that he works part time for the undertaker in Taunton, who makes a profit of 50% of what he charges customers.

What a rip off business.

over a year ago

"I have a niece who lives in Taunton, while visiting her and her husband recently, he told me that he works part time for the undertaker in Taunton, who makes a profit of 50% of what he charges customers.

What a rip off business."

That doesn't surprise me, my mums funeral was in Taunton. It was 12 years ago and nearly 2 grand for the most basic funeral.

over a year ago

I've asked that they dump me in the recycle bin

By *i1971Man
over a year ago

Cornwall

"Its done for you but no one can attend, you aren't even told when its happening. Very hard for loved ones. "

Think that depends on the local authority that arranged it. I've attended one before when a neighbour died. He had no family that anyone knew of so the local authority arranged & paid for it but anyone could attend.

over a year ago

"Its done for you but no one can attend, you aren't even told when its happening. Very hard for loved ones.

Think that depends on the local authority that arranged it. I've attended one before when a neighbour died. He had no family that anyone knew of so the local authority arranged & paid for it but anyone could attend. "

Yes its very much a postcode lottery.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

You get what you pay for. My grandad made arrangements for when he passed and his send off was splendid.

They did a great job of taking the logistical worries away that I could have done without on one of the hardest days of my life.

The work behind the scenes leading up to a funeral are often not thought of.

over a year ago

One lady surprised me yesterday with her post about no more space under the patio!

My god!

over a year ago

Stick me in a cardboard box and set fire to the bastard. That'll do me.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

My dad's cost just over £3.5k and that was done cheap.

My dad didn't believe in wasting money, he wasn't tight, he was far from poor, he just had a huge aversion to spending money on silly stuff.

He asked for a no frills burial but a bloody good piss up afterwards for his mates.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"Stick me in a cardboard box and set fire to the bastard. That'll do me."

And get whoever does it for you arrested

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple
over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

As we own our house the Mrs has instructions to bury me in our garden under the rockery. It's all legal.

over a year ago

"My dad always said throw me over the cemetery wall in a cardboard box.

"

Did you?

By *ingle Beds LassWoman
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

"As we own our house the Mrs has instructions to bury me in our garden under the rockery. It's all legal."

It is... but when you sell the house, you have to disclose the fact...

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

And the body has to be a certain distance from your water supply which isn't possible in most gardens

over a year ago

Funeral costs also depend on where you are in the country

over a year ago

When I go I'd like to be stuffed,mounted with a 'she did me with a 12inch dildo' look of me face.

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

For all I care -my family could justt as well throw my body on a skip when I'm dead -my will states that they are to donate my organs and what's left of my body to science -I do however know that this is not always practical -especially if you are undergoing chemotherapy -in which case you are all but unusable after death too. One thing that would appall me would be my family spending excessive amounts on a funeral -rather just meet at the pub and have a quiet drink together is what i'd prefer -or don't do anything -I don't give a fuck either way -just don't waste the friggin inheritance on wanky fripperies.

By *imited 3EditionCouple
over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

"My dad always said throw me over the cemetery wall in a cardboard box.

"

I'm all for cardboard coffins! Best thing ever invented. Just think how many cardboard coffins you can get out of one tree vs wooden ones! It's not like the dead can admire the beauty of the casket can they...

over a year ago

well it all depends on you want to spend were i got a stand one for five thousands pound

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

"When I go I'd like to be stuffed,mounted with a 'she did me with a 12inch dildo' look of me face.

"

Would you like said dildo as part or the diorama (i.e. embeded so far up your ass that it's prodding your tonsiils)?

over a year ago

My mum had been paying into a fund for years leading up to her death, all the costs were covered by herself, god bless her because it was about 3.5k, it ain't cheap

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"my will states that they are to donate my organs and what's left of my body to science "

If your organs are removed you can't donate your body to science

By *alldarksurreyMan
over a year ago

surrey

"As we own our house the Mrs has instructions to bury me in our garden under the rockery. It's all legal."

But creates complications when its next sold

By *hloe sussexTV/TS
over a year ago

Larne

"Does anyone else think that Funerals cost way to much.Would love to hear opinions on this matter. Are the prices they charge a rip of, or would you Bury a loved one at any cost. No offence meant on this subject. "
Mine will cost me or anyone else nothing I’m leaving my body to medical science and in doing so hopefully helping others x

By *rincessvenusCouple
over a year ago

Hull

they just take full advantage of the situation your in

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

I personally dont know why a basic coffin costs so much.

I can understand a plot of land costing a fair chunk, depending on the location, but I can't understand a cremation oosting a lot.

Also I looked around and all the ones near me had the exact same coffins/plots for the exact same prices, so maybe they are cut throat in their prices beyond that but its not like they are not making any money on the coffin/plot.

I don't mind them making money, or even making a lot of money. I just dont see why the most basic of funerals costs so much, and it has to be the most awful stressful feeling in the world, worrying about how you can afford a decent end for someone you loved.

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

Also I should say I recently had my grandad die at 89 years old and we got him the most basic coffin, and one limo for the funeral. We got his wives grave opened up who died 20 years previous and had him buried there. We had a simple flower arrangement of "grandad" and no other flowers.

It came to 6 grand. That wasnt including headstone engraving, the wake, or money for afters/sandwiches etc.

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS
over a year ago

Cornwall

"Does anyone else think that Funerals cost way to much.Would love to hear opinions on this matter. Are the prices they charge a rip of, or would you Bury a loved one at any cost. No offence meant on this subject. Mine will cost me or anyone else nothing I’m leaving my body to medical science and in doing so hopefully helping others x "

it's not guaranteed that they will take you though ... I'm registered for it too ...but they get so many they can't take everyone... I've looked into it

over a year ago

Shop online and have the items delivered to the funeral parlour. Its not as strange as it sounds. The mark up on these things is disgusting. Urn direct £1300, same one online delivered to robbing bastards £450 and that's across the board on all items. Pretty sick when the money saved can go to living and not death.

over a year ago

My husband's was 6k! Luckily his parents paid for it, how they can justify that much who knows!

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS
over a year ago

Cornwall

"Shop online and have the items delivered to the funeral parlour. Its not as strange as it sounds. The mark up on these things is disgusting. Urn direct £1300, same one online delivered to robbing bastards £450 and that's across the board on all items. Pretty sick when the money saved can go to living and not death.

"

over a year ago

Remote countryside, shovel. Job done..

By *am62 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bristol

I paid four and a half thousand and the funeral was yesterday, only had the Hearst with her coffin in. She didn't want a lot of fuss, it's the extras the service etc.

over a year ago

Blimey that is a lot

over a year ago

I'm donating everything if there is anything worth taking...

If not, the pikeys can have me for scrap metal. I'm full of nuts and bolts and plates

By *angerousEyesMan
over a year ago

weston

10 years ago I paid 2k just for the plot, the car, service and coffin where about another 3k and that was pretty basic.

Then another 1200 for the headstone.

Death is bloody expensive.

Oh don't forget the flowers another £120 that was just the wreath I bought.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"Also I should say I recently had my grandad die at 89 years old and we got him the most basic coffin, and one limo for the funeral. We got his wives grave opened up who died 20 years previous and had him buried there. We had a simple flower arrangement of "grandad" and no other flowers.

It came to 6 grand. That wasnt including headstone engraving, the wake, or money for afters/sandwiches etc."

I can't believe that cost £6000. My husband's cost £4000 and that included buying the burial plot.

By *ubiousOatcakeMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

A fair chink of the industry is a con, targeting people when they’re at their most vulnerable. There are mandatory costs attached to burying someone, but undertakers simply do not offer baseline prices. They also bamboozle people with packages that include inflated, unnecessary costs. It’s pretty shameful.

The Guardian aren’t the only ones investigating (there was a documentary recently, Despatches maybe?) but here are a few links to just some of their articles:

Too poor to die: how funeral poverty is surging in the UK (June 2015)

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/09/poor-die-funeral-poverty-costs-uk

Don't dig deep for a pre-paid funeral plan: About 1.3 million people in the UK have purchased a funeral plan, but experts warn they could become a national scandal (September 2017)

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/sep/09/prepaid-funeral-plans-experts-warn-national-scandal

Watchdog to investigate price rises in £2bn funeral market: The average cost of a funeral has more than doubled since tracking began in 2004 (June 2018)

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jun/01/watchdog-to-probe-prices-and-confusing-information-in-2bn-funeral-market

By *ubiousOatcakeMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

*chunk

over a year ago

I agree totally!

over a year ago

I think a lot of funeral directors take advantage of the bereaved, trying to push a more expensive coffin ect. "well yes you could have a plain pine casket but the mahogany one is far nicer and you would want the best for the departed wouldn't you"

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

I'd like to go the 'Snatch' route.

Find a guy who keeps pigs and it'll cost sod all.

A

By *ynetaurusMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

Could make a casket for less than 150 no prob...The Indian husbands funeral pyre is a good concept once the fires goin the wife jumps on so you get 2 for one...wonder if it would work for an ex?

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

After loosing a partner, father and a nephew with in weeks of each other i can assure you it sure was a lot of money to find for our family

I don’t want my sons having to find money after I pass away so I have taken out a policy to have a cheap cremation, cardboard casket with a sunny sky and flowers printed on it, no cars, no flowers, no service, my lads can scatter me in the sea off some Cornish coastline

over a year ago

"Stick me in a cardboard box and set fire to the bastard. That'll do me.

And get whoever does it for you arrested"

I was being metaphorical.

I meant that I don't want any fuss .

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"I'd like to go the 'Snatch' route.

A"

‘They’ll go through bones like a knife goes through butter ‘

over a year ago

I wonder how many of you guys would know how to deal with a body that’s purging, decomposing or infectious and do it for a minimal amount.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

"

Exactly. No losers this way. A free funeral for me and a slap up meal for the piggies.

And if i'm lucky Fox gets to eat me one more time in a bacon sarnie.....

A

By *irestorm 500Couple
over a year ago

coventry

Have told my kids to put me in a card board box after all i want to be cremated so why pay the expense x storm x

over a year ago

"I wonder how many of you guys would know how to deal with a body that’s purging, decomposing or infectious and do it for a minimal amount."

Family's don't pay for that though? Any decomposed body would be removed by the Coroner at their expense

over a year ago

The wicker baskets are not cheap ya know!! And how would ya get em to the crem/church without an undertaker? Still have to pay for the plot and digging it or the cremation and someone dealing with the ashes

over a year ago

"my will states that they are to donate my organs and what's left of my body to science

If your organs are removed you can't donate your body to science"

I think Dr Gunther von Haagans will accept a body after harvesting but he's the only exception, more traditional science and teaching hospitals won't.

And putting a wish to donate to medical science in a will is nowhere near an adequate arrangement to donate a body

over a year ago

No its less than a grand if you don't have a service "

If you go for the most basic cremation that tend to only be offered online with a cremation early morning before the crematorium is open for services, no hearse, no service you can get it done for less than a grand. Of course most people want more than the ashes in a plastic tub with no service

over a year ago

"Its done for you but no one can attend, you aren't even told when its happening. Very hard for loved ones.

Think that depends on the local authority that arranged it. I've attended one before when a neighbour died. He had no family that anyone knew of so the local authority arranged & paid for it but anyone could attend. "

It also depends if the person who died had any money. If there are no family but there is an estate then there is money to pay for a funeral and the council will ckaim it back from the estate so you are far more likey to get a service than if there is family but no estate.

Blame austerity, the local authorities can't afford them anymore where as a decade ago there was always a service

over a year ago

So what happens if there is genuinely no money in the family

Nobody can afford burial fees ?

over a year ago

"I wonder how many of you guys would know how to deal with a body that’s purging, decomposing or infectious and do it for a minimal amount.

Family's don't pay for that though? Any decomposed body would be removed by the Coroner at their expense "

Decomposed bodies usually end up with funeral directors, however from the moment someone dies, they start to decompose. Most people wouldn’t want to deal with a body that’s going mouldy and off.

I wouldn’t want to say too much more as it can be a bit grim!

over a year ago

"So what happens if there is genuinely no money in the family

Nobody can afford burial fees ? "

It’s called a contract funeral/cremation and is ususllay paid for by a hospital or council (in other words the taxpayer). It’s effectively the modern paupers funeral.

A contract funeral is treated with the same respect and dignity as any other funeral.

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

A

Exactly. No losers this way. A free funeral for me and a slap up meal for the piggies.

And if i'm lucky Fox gets to eat me one more time in a bacon sarnie.....

A"

Everyone’s a winner

over a year ago

It’s called a contract funeral/cremation and is ususllay paid for by a hospital or council (in other words the taxpayer). It’s effectively the modern paupers funeral.

A contract funeral is treated with the same respect and dignity as any other funeral.

"

I think you can also apply for help via benefits too

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

As cheap as possible. Cardboard box will do me.

over a year ago

They are very rarely accepted and the list of reasons why a body cannot be donated is very comprehensive. So many people approaching medical schools now regarding this and most of the time it was to avoid funeral costs and they get automatically turned down.

Never give a loved one to medical science to save money on a funeral. You should only pursue that avenue if that is what they requested but as I say the answer is usually no.

A bed sore and they cannot accept the body, having had surgery gets a no as well.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

My parents have both just been accepted and they are in their 80s.

over a year ago

You should approach 2 or 3 funeral directors for the average fee of a funeral via them. It varies considerably. Using the co-op is almost a status symbol....a bit like shopping at Waitrose. They do nothing that cannot be got elsewhere and cheaper.

I buried both my parents a few years ago one at 3200 and one at 3700. The price can go up when the person dies in hospital as you have to pay 160 to the hospital for a doctor to confirm death had occurred. Whereas with a death at home you deal with the coroner's office. They are so helpful but a hospital can be a nightmare.

Took me 2 weeks just to get a death certificate out of the hospital for my dad so his funural was delayed by 4 weeks, as he could not even be moved from the hospital mortuary to the funeral home without it and no definite plans could be put in place, but my mother who died in a fall at home and for whom an inquest would have to held at a later date was buried within 2 weeks of dying.

The money you pay, if reasonable, is worth it as they take all the stress out of it and are so helpful in piecing a service together for you when the person left no indication as to what they wanted. I was in the dark as to what to do in both my patents cases but the service we pieced together was lovely.

You could organise it all yourself and deal direct with a crematorium but who needs that when your grieving and also have other things you need to do like vacate the property they were renting from the council or trying to get access to their savings to pay for the funeral.

The council only gave me 2 weeks to vacate before I would have to pay the rent myself on the property my parents had lived in. Your in shock as it is and it can get overwhelming so I would never recommend trying to do a funeral yourself unless there are several relatives all capable of working together to get things done. If its just you forget it and pay someone to take the stress out of it.

over a year ago

"My parents have both just been accepted and they are in their 80s."

You mean your parents have both just died? If so I am sorry for your loss of both at the same time.

However if they haven't then nothing is guaranteed until after death. The best approach is that people pursue this themselves before dying that way they know it is what you want and not relatives trying to avoid funeral costs.

However they cannot say for sure they will take you as they do not know in advance what condition your body will be in when you die.....believe it or not you have to have been quite healthy when you died.

I looked into this for a friend last year and they will not actually take you if you have bed sores....you can't know that in advance....and dying during or after surgery was a no as well.

over a year ago

Yes and no.

They provide a service like no other but you can keep costs down. When my brother died he said before he went don’t waste any money on my funeral. I think his cost under £3k where my mums cost over £7 as she was buried.

over a year ago

"My parents have both just been accepted and they are in their 80s.

You mean your parents have both just died? If so I am sorry for your loss of both at the same time.

However if they haven't then nothing is guaranteed until after death. The best approach is that people pursue this themselves before dying that way they know it is what you want and not relatives trying to avoid funeral costs.

However they cannot say for sure they will take you as they do not know in advance what condition your body will be in when you die.....believe it or not you have to have been quite healthy when you died.

I looked into this for a friend last year and they will not actually take you if you have bed sores....you can't know that in advance....and dying during or after surgery was a no as well."

Yes it's a small amount that are 'healthy' enough to be suitable for medical research and ill enough that their death is expected and a post mortem isn't needed

over a year ago

I do think embalming puts the costs up

over a year ago

Am being sent to get cut up by the doctors lol. It's all set up.

By *etLikeMan
over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

I think you can also apply for help via benefits too"

You can apply for a Funeral Expenses Payment.

There is a form to fill in and it can be claimed after the funeral has taken place. You would need to tell the funeral director about this when making arrangements (they won’t likely object as they are guaranteed their money- a bit like dentists and NHS full cost patients) you can get travel expenses to the funeral and it can even go towards flowers.

Post new Message to Thread