Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

is it a power thing.

Jump to newest

By *good-being-bad OP   Man
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

If I send a protective message I attach a face picture, I'm old enough to know no one is for everyone.

I'm pretty clear in my profile if you contact me first I even say please attach a face picture. Yet I'm contacted first and asked have I a face picture.

Question to the Ladies who don't or refuse to send first.. Why not? is it a fear of rejection you don't attach face pictures and prefer to be the rejector than the potential rejectee ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have never ever encounter a lady who refused to send me her face pics yet. Mind you I only contact them through the famous FPF thread though

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's not a mind game for me.

It's identifying and is a step towards making me vulnerable. I want to chat a bit first before I swap pictures.

I don't ask for a face picture until I'm comfortable sharing myself, though.

over a year ago

Best to see face right away... Saves sooo much time.

over a year ago

"If I send a protective message I attach a face picture, I'm old enough to know no one is for everyone.

I'm pretty clear in my profile if you contact me first I even say please attach a face picture. Yet I'm contacted first and asked have I a face picture.

Question to the Ladies who don't or refuse to send first.. Why not? is it a fear of rejection you don't attach face pictures and prefer to be the rejector than the potential rejectee ?"

Women rule here you know that by now, it's just the way it is

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

It's not a power thing but a numbers thing. So many men are happy to send them in the first message that I can choose from those, rather than sending them out to people I may have no attraction to.

over a year ago

People from my work are on here. So I never send first for that reason.

I've been approached by a couple there and a guy I know is married but has single male profile. It would be awkward.

over a year ago

"It's not a power thing but a numbers thing. So many men are happy to send them in the first message that I can choose from those, rather than sending them out to people I may have no attraction to. "
but if you havnt seen their face how do you know you're not attracted?

By *uxomBloomsWoman
over a year ago

Near Tunbridge Wells

"It's not a mind game for me.

It's identifying and is a step towards making me vulnerable. I want to chat a bit first before I swap pictures.

I don't ask for a face picture until I'm comfortable sharing myself, though. "

I quite agree, if I ask for a picture it's just to give me a general impression of you, not necessarily your face. I don't keep face pics on fab but will always send one somehow before I expect anyone to meet me.

over a year ago

I probably wouldn't contact someone who insisted on a face pic with the first message. It's not something I ask for myself.

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"It's not a power thing but a numbers thing. So many men are happy to send them in the first message that I can choose from those, rather than sending them out to people I may have no attraction to. but if you havnt seen their face how do you know you're not attracted?"

I don't. It doesn't matter though, enough people that I am attracted to send me face pics unprompted anyway, so I don't need to take that risk.

over a year ago

"It's not a power thing but a numbers thing. So many men are happy to send them in the first message that I can choose from those, rather than sending them out to people I may have no attraction to. but if you havnt seen their face how do you know you're not attracted?

I don't. It doesn't matter though, enough people that I am attracted to send me face pics unprompted anyway, so I don't need to take that risk. "

I knew that but don't think Op did

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

"If I send a protective message I attach a face picture, I'm old enough to know no one is for everyone.

Question to the Ladies who don't or refuse to send first.. Why not? is it a fear of rejection you don't attach face pictures and prefer to be the rejector than the potential rejectee ?"

In my experience anybody who does this is usually not attractive.

over a year ago

"Best to see face right away... Saves sooo much time. "

Yep.

It's no good talking and getting on well, then it turns out they're not for you.

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"It's not a power thing but a numbers thing. So many men are happy to send them in the first message that I can choose from those, rather than sending them out to people I may have no attraction to. but if you havnt seen their face how do you know you're not attracted?

I don't. It doesn't matter though, enough people that I am attracted to send me face pics unprompted anyway, so I don't need to take that risk. I knew that but don't think Op did "

Well now he knows

By *uxomBloomsWoman
over a year ago

Near Tunbridge Wells

"It's not a power thing but a numbers thing. So many men are happy to send them in the first message that I can choose from those, rather than sending them out to people I may have no attraction to. but if you havnt seen their face how do you know you're not attracted?"

You can be attracted to their humour, intelligence, communication style and manner.

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

over a year ago

You can be attracted to their humour, intelligence, communication style and manner. "

Even if they are smaller than 6 foot ?

over a year ago

You can be attracted to their humour, intelligence, communication style and manner. "

That's the trouble...if after you like them it turns out they're minging.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Nothing to do with rejection, there's no point wasting time on a guy you don't like the look of, so face pic or no chat.

Yes it's shallow, hypocritical or whatever one wants to call it.

But it works for me

By *uxomBloomsWoman
over a year ago

Near Tunbridge Wells

You can be attracted to their humour, intelligence, communication style and manner.

Even if they are smaller than 6 foot ? "

Oh that's always the first thing I check, before getting into any (fab) conversation.

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

Bit late for me then as I have face pics on my profile

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Also I find the men who insist on me sending first seem to think they can talk me into doing what they want.

And I did my time with a nasty piece of work already

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Even if they are smaller than 6 foot ? "

Yes

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

You can always take responsibility for your own inbox and block ladies and then they won’t send you any messages. Filters are there to be used. Or so I’m constantly being told on here

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

If you find yourself really attracted to someone's personality and online banter - but when they finally send you a face pic they look like the elephant man fell in a blender........there's always the option to pop a bag on their head during a meet.

No problem cannot be overcome.

A

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I wait to see if, after they've read my profile they are interested in meeting up with me.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Also I find the men who insist on me sending first seem to think they can talk me into doing what they want.

And I did my time with a nasty piece of work already "

Ooh yes, I ticked the face picture box that All Women Want, now you owe me!

Didn't ask for it, and even if I had... no, I don't.

over a year ago

That's the trouble...if after you like them it turns out they're minging."

This has happened to me afew times! Better to get it in early but I would not show my face first. I'm a big gal I can handle rejection

over a year ago

"Bit late for me then as I have face pics on my profile"
where?

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

When I make the first move I always attach a face picture. It isn’t blind date. If someone contacts me first with no face picture on the profile or as an attachment then I’m not likely to respond. It makes perfect sense to me. I never was a fan of the lucky dip.

over a year ago

"Nothing to do with rejection, there's no point wasting time on a guy you don't like the look of, so face pic or no chat.

But it works for me "

I'm the same no point wasting time, if I'm not attracted to a person we won't be getting frisky,

which is why I ask to see a face picture and if I'm contacted first they go first

Hey ho if they'd read my profile they'd know that.. guess some ladies don't read profiles.

over a year ago

"When I make the first move I always attach a face picture. It isn’t blind date. If someone contacts me first with no face picture on the profile or as an attachment then I’m not likely to respond. It makes perfect sense to me. I never was a fan of the lucky dip. "
sherbert I love sherbert

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"Nothing to do with rejection, there's no point wasting time on a guy you don't like the look of, so face pic or no chat.

But it works for me

I'm the same no point wasting time, if I'm not attracted to a person we won't be getting frisky,

which is why I ask to see a face picture and if I'm contacted first they go first

Hey ho if they'd read my profile they'd know that.. guess some ladies don't read profiles."

Say it ain't so!

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Also I find the men who insist on me sending first seem to think they can talk me into doing what they want.

Didn't ask for it, and even if I had... no, I don't. "

Who owes who?

over a year ago

I don't have a problem sending a face photo. However if the person is very local I always ask to see a face photo first. This is only because of work, could be awkward at parents evening otherwise.

over a year ago

It's a ratio thing, too many men to few women, they make all the rules on here.

Don't bother arguing about it, you will simply be rounded on and accused of this and that... Even if you raise a valid point

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Who owes who? "

I owe the dude who sent me an unsolicited face picture. Apparently.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Who owes who?

I owe the dude who sent me an unsolicited face picture. Apparently. "

Ohhhh

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

Who owes who?

I owe the dude who sent me an unsolicited face picture. Apparently. "

If you're gonna reply and continue the conversation, I'd say it's only polite to do so.

over a year ago

Question to the Ladies who don't or refuse to send first.. Why not? is it a fear of rejection you don't attach face pictures and prefer to be the rejector than the potential rejectee ?

It's a ratio thing, too many men to few women, they make all the rules on here.

Don't bother arguing about it, you will simply be rounded on and accused of this and that... Even if you raise a valid point "

Numbers are what they are, there maybe less ladies to guys .. we all have the same choices though, yes please or no thanks.

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Who owes who?

I owe the dude who sent me an unsolicited face picture. Apparently. If you're gonna reply and continue the conversation, I'd say it's only polite to do so."

Yes, I agree. But I think what she means is when someone, unprompted, sends a face pic with a message like "send a face pic back". As though I'm obliged to do so, even though it wasn't asked for and I've no desire to continue the conversation.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Who owes who?

I owe the dude who sent me an unsolicited face picture. Apparently. If you're gonna reply and continue the conversation, I'd say it's only polite to do so."

If someone thinks there's a checklist to getting into bed with me, that I didn't write, that makes me owe them anything... I don't continue any conversation.

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

Who owes who?

I owe the dude who sent me an unsolicited face picture. Apparently. If you're gonna reply and continue the conversation, I'd say it's only polite to do so.

Yes, I agree. But I think what she means is when someone, unprompted, sends a face pic with a message like "send a face pic back". As though I'm obliged to do so, even though it wasn't asked for and I've no desire to continue the conversation. "

Yeah, then that is understandable.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Who owes who?

I owe the dude who sent me an unsolicited face picture. Apparently. If you're gonna reply and continue the conversation, I'd say it's only polite to do so.

Yes, I agree. But I think what she means is when someone, unprompted, sends a face pic with a message like "send a face pic back". As though I'm obliged to do so, even though it wasn't asked for and I've no desire to continue the conversation. "

Exactly.

I've even had messages from picture free profiles reading simply "send face pic". No.

over a year ago

Who owes who?

No you fool, you see you are just one man of many. Your opinion is worthless and thougt process clearly incoherent.

Women are doing you a favour by even acknowledging your existent. Why should they send you a face picture even though you sent them one. Why should they take the risk you already took, what a farcical suggestion...

And if you disagree, well hard cheese because they can just find another guy who will play by the rules.

By *otBunsHunWoman
over a year ago

Yorkshire

I never send a first message let alone a picture of my face on the first message...but I'm happy to swap face pics when asked

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

Who owes who?

Yes, I agree. But I think what she means is when someone, unprompted, sends a face pic with a message like "send a face pic back". As though I'm obliged to do so, even though it wasn't asked for and I've no desire to continue the conversation.

Exactly.

I've even had messages from picture free profiles reading simply "send face pic". No. "

Yeah then it isn't required at all. There is women who will keep their cards close to their chest though and it's awkward having to ask them for a face pic.

over a year ago

Who owes who?

Exactly.

I've even had messages from picture free profiles reading simply "send face pic". No. "

I get this all the time.

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Who owes who?

Exactly.

Or "got any pics?". Well yes I have lots, but you appear to have none

over a year ago

Who owes who?

No you fool, you see you are just one man of many. Your opinion is worthless and thougt process clearly incoherent.

Women are doing you a favour by even acknowledging your existent. Why should they send you a face picture even though you sent them one. Why should they take the risk you already took, what a farcical suggestion...

And if you disagree, well hard cheese because they can just find another guy who will play by the rules.

"

brutal but true

over a year ago

My biggest pet hate is people who contact you first then ask for a face pic

I mean how fucking rude?

You make contact then it's up to you To send the first face pic

over a year ago

"My biggest pet hate is people who contact you first then ask for a face pic

I mean how fucking rude?

You make contact then it's up to you To send the first face pic "

so rude how dare they

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

Who owes who?

"

Touché, I forgot my place as a leper single guy.

over a year ago

Because 9 times out of 10 it's a bloke posing as a woman getting a kick out of winding people up

over a year ago

"My biggest pet hate is people who contact you first then ask for a face pic

I mean how fucking rude?

You make contact then it's up to you To send the first face pic "

I wouldn't say its rude more the act of an attached man, someone who knows they are aesthetically unplesent or someone who lacks the intelligence to send one and likes to waste everyone's time.

over a year ago

To get a face pic out of me, I need to trust you.

If you demand one, I'll block you.

Been bitten by that very badly before and I won't make that mistake again.

Play by whatever rules work for you.

By *exicolaMan
over a year ago

West Lothian

Of the opinion if you are making the first move (message) then you should be prepared to send the first face pic.

You dont go to hit on someone in a pub with a newspaper covering your face

over a year ago

Im happy to exchange face pics straight away if I feel we have things in common. I won't automatically send in reply to someone who messages but has clearly not read my profile and isn't my type.

By *eardsandboobsCouple
over a year ago

north of lincoln

In 10 years no one will care if your a swinger it will be seen as normal and everyone can put up their face pic without this fear of being sacked from their job, being recognised by someone you work with or shame of your hidden partner seeing you on here

over a year ago

"Of the opinion if you are making the first move (message) then you should be prepared to send the first face pic.

You dont go to hit on someone in a pub with a newspaper covering your face "

i do

over a year ago

"It's not a power thing but a numbers thing. So many men are happy to send them in the first message that I can choose from those, rather than sending them out to people I may have no attraction to. "

Very honest and most believable answer on here

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Exactly.

By *rontier PsychiatristMan
over a year ago

Coventry

Agree

By *mber DextrousWoman
over a year ago

Devon

That's exactly how I feel, and I don't expect face pics in the first couple of messages.

I'm also not a fan of being sent unsolicited face pics when the sender them demands them in return.

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"It's not a power thing but a numbers thing. So many men are happy to send them in the first message that I can choose from those, rather than sending them out to people I may have no attraction to.

Very honest and most believable answer on here "

Thanks

over a year ago

I won't ever send first and mostly don't even after chatting.

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

Exactly. "

Timewasters

over a year ago

Yes, it is a 'power thing' but more of an egotistic lack of consideration and social awareness when someone sends the first message and asks for a face photo without sending theirs first or offering.

That said, most ladies here who have initiated contact do send theirs first or offer, and the ones who don't usually don't ask for one from me first.

I have received a number of face and cock pic requests from the younger age bracket 18-27ish (to risk sounding ageist) and yes it always does feel like they have an inflated ego and sense of entitlement and assume that you don't value yourself or your privacy over a chance to be blessed with an opportunity to be in their omnipotent royal presence since they have soo much experience to offer It's the reason I don't waste my time with most under 25. They're too busy navel gazing and experimenting with their newly discovered sexual abilities and just not mature enough to genuinely connect with you. I'll pass, thanks. Some of then are men pretending to be women anyway. Weird place.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

That's exactly how I feel, and I don't expect face pics in the first couple of messages.

I'm also not a fan of being sent unsolicited face pics when the sender them demands them in return. "

No, and I will refuse.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Exactly. Timewasters "

Nope, just pragmatic.

By *heIcebreakersCouple
over a year ago

Cramlington

Nothing to do with rejection, it's about discretion, if we send a face pic you have an identifiable pic with the fabswingers logo, that isn't happening given my job.

Don't assume people's boundaries are about you, or that what you are ok with others will be

(Miss Icebreaker)

over a year ago

yes I agree if they contact you first then they should send a face pic but only if it's contact with regard to meeting and the same applies if the guy sends an introductory message with a view to meeting, I never send introductory messages so I never expect a pic

over a year ago

Ah, the ‘demanding something in your profile’ quote.

I don’t think you can demand anyone to do anything. Weather sending a face pic or not.

Maybe it is fear of rejection, maybe just trying to see if they might know you first. I dunno why but I’m certain that type of thing won’t stop.

over a year ago

Question to the Ladies who don't or refuse to send first.. Why not? is it a fear of rejection you don't attach face pictures and prefer to be the rejector than the potential rejectee ?Women rule here you know that by now, it's just the way it is "

Good advice lol

over a year ago

A woman sent me a face photo with her first message the other day, with her face covered in spunk. Which was nice.

over a year ago

I'll give this a go today.

By *oley999Woman
over a year ago

Land of Rainbows and Happiness

"Nothing to do with rejection, it's about discretion, if we send a face pic you have an identifiable pic with the fabswingers logo, that isn't happening given my job.

Don't assume people's boundaries are about you, or that what you are ok with others will be

(Miss Icebreaker)"

This is it for me. Also totally fine if people refuse. I'm not entitled but won't comply with their requests for me sending first either. We just won't speak and that's fine surely??

over a year ago

"Ah, the ‘demanding something in your profile’ quote.

I don’t think you can demand anyone to do anything. Weather sending a face pic or not.

Maybe it is fear of rejection, maybe just trying to see if they might know you first. I dunno why but I’m certain that type of thing won’t stop. "

No demands , I ask if folk contact me to attach, if folk don't wish to send that's fine they can choose to not contact me or they can contact and I'll be happy to chat with a faceless profile, it's just very unlikely we will be meeting.

By *heIcebreakersCouple
over a year ago

Cramlington

"Nothing to do with rejection, it's about discretion, if we send a face pic you have an identifiable pic with the fabswingers logo, that isn't happening given my job.

(Miss Icebreaker)

This is it for me. Also totally fine if people refuse. I'm not entitled but won't comply with their requests for me sending first either. We just won't speak and that's fine surely??"

The magic words " I'm not entitled "

All too often 3 little words people struggle with

over a year ago

(Miss Icebreaker)

This is it for me. Also totally fine if people refuse. I'm not entitled but won't comply with their requests for me sending first either. We just won't speak and that's fine surely??

The magic words " I'm not entitled "

All too often 3 little words people struggle with "

I struggle with more than just 3 words.

Post new Message to Thread