Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Best xmas present ever

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ok folks, best prezzie you ever received and why. Doesn't have to be expensive just something that meant the most to you.

Mine was a handmade selection hamper of bottled beers from every country I have ever visited. It took research to find out what I drank whilst there and then as most aren't available in the UK effort to get them imported. Every mouthful invoked memories of past travels.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

An Airfix plastic SLR rifle that fired plastic bullets, when I was about 10 I think..

over a year ago

When me, my little brother and my mum especaped my abusive ‘father’ we were living in a total awful area, in a dingy flat. Mum was single, only worked weekends when my auntie could babysit (wasn’t allowed to work when she was still with my father and she had two children under three, and my brother is autistic.) I remember her crying on Christmas Day because she felt she had failed us - she had gotten me a backpack, shaped like Winnie the Pooh. I still have it, and adore it

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

It would have to be a Peugeot racing bike I got when I was about 6, it wasn't lucky for me later as I got knocked off it a year latet by an idiot driver.

But it started a life long passion for cycling.

over a year ago

Snes

By *uciyassMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Bestest ever was Talking action man in his parachute. Parachute didn’t work and he stopped talking if I recall

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Not a Christmas present but it goes in this sort of category. I volunteer with vulnerable people. Some time ago I mentioned offhand a symbol that's incredibly meaningful to me, in the context of something else. A few weeks later it was my birthday. One of the people I worked with hunted in the local charity shops to find one.

I struggled not to cry. It was just so thoughtful.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Actual Christmas present, I got a cheap compact clock radio from a relative about 20 years ago. I think the damn thing still works! Loved it for years, but not practical to take when I left home.

over a year ago

A new red sports car with a ribbon on it. It meant a lot to me as 6 months previous, I bought one, drove out of the garage, stopped at traffic lights and a lorry smashed into me and it was written off

over a year ago

"A new red sports car with a ribbon on it. It meant a lot to me as 6 months previous, I bought one, drove out of the garage, stopped at traffic lights and a lorry smashed into me and it was written off "

Nooooooo.... don’t mention cars, you’ll get grief

over a year ago

We were proper poor growing up, and I wanted a dolls house that I had seen on the market, one of those old victorian ones with a shit tonne of bedrooms. Me mam and dad paid weekly for a whole year so I could have it for Christmas. I still have it now, I cried on Christmas day when I opened it!

over a year ago

I might get grief, but as a joke, hubby bought me a slow cooker. I love it. Use it at least twice a week, Chuck stuff in, come home to gorgeous food. It the gift that keeps on giving

over a year ago

"When me, my little brother and my mum especaped my abusive ‘father’ we were living in a total awful area, in a dingy flat. Mum was single, only worked weekends when my auntie could babysit (wasn’t allowed to work when she was still with my father and she had two children under three, and my brother is autistic.) I remember her crying on Christmas Day because she felt she had failed us - she had gotten me a backpack, shaped like Winnie the Pooh. I still have it, and adore it "

Been massively stressing this year over kids and Xmas

Really needed to read this

(I didn't well up honest)

over a year ago

"A new red sports car with a ribbon on it. It meant a lot to me as 6 months previous, I bought one, drove out of the garage, stopped at traffic lights and a lorry smashed into me and it was written off "

Oh no! Poor you, you must have been gutted, I hope you weren't hurt.

over a year ago

Mine was a Christmas card and letter from a young Argentinian I'd given a packet of cigarettes to. Still have it kept very safe and still in touch with him

over a year ago

"When me, my little brother and my mum especaped my abusive ‘father’ we were living in a total awful area, in a dingy flat. Mum was single, only worked weekends when my auntie could babysit (wasn’t allowed to work when she was still with my father and she had two children under three, and my brother is autistic.) I remember her crying on Christmas Day because she felt she had failed us - she had gotten me a backpack, shaped like Winnie the Pooh. I still have it, and adore it "

That’s amazing your mum did good

One year when paramedics went on strike over Xmas my parents didn’t have much cash they managed to buy me a transformer toy I still have it an they don’t realise I love it cos when times were so tough that our Christmas dinner food was given by the public, a woman walked to me with a huge turkey an gave me it telling me have a nice day (I went to picket line with dad as couldn’t stay home alone)

Funny presents that others think silly or small can have the most value

By *ruebameMan
over a year ago

from the womb and tryout to get back

Mine was a watch from my brother that was engraved I may not always be around but I will always be watching over you

still pulls at my strings 20years on

over a year ago

"An Airfix plastic SLR rifle that fired plastic bullets, when I was about 10 I think.. "
I had one of those they were great and had a bayonet!

over a year ago

A gold Locket from Marks mam she passed away on xmas day 2003 and it was the last gift I received from her

over a year ago

When I was 14 I was well into my goth/metal/punk/alternative 'phase' (still in it!) and my mum bought me a triple box set of HIM albums. She had never really understood my love of that kind of music and had never taken much interest, but she went in my room when I was at at school and looked through my cd collection to see which ones I had already and picked some cds out for me at HMV that she thought I'd like. I also got My Chemical Romance and Paramore, and a book collating Kurt Cobain's notebooks/ journals/sketches

over a year ago

Has to be a second hand scalextric set when I was 10.Dad had been off work with hodgkins for over a year but they managed to scrape the money together and bought me one from a second hand shop. I treasured that set for years and was gutted to find out my twat brother had taken it and sold it a few years ago. That was the day we stopped being brothers.

over a year ago

May sound daft, but other peoples time and generosity.

Being treated as part of their family even though I'm not.

P

over a year ago

"May sound daft, but other peoples time and generosity.

Being treated as part of their family even though I'm not.

P "

sometimes friends treat you with more love than family!

over a year ago

I got mine today a front and rear dash cam from my parents.

It’s amazing and just what I need for all the driving I do to work most days.

Sorry if some users find that crass

over a year ago

"I got mine today a front and rear dash cam from my parents.

Sorry if some users find that crass "

humph bragging again....

over a year ago

Sorry if some users find that crass "

Cool present, they're great things to have. My favourite ever gift was when I was 8, a Meccano "Box Deluxe" - I made some weird contraptions

over a year ago

Cool present, they're great things to have. My favourite ever gift was when I was 8, a Meccano "Box Deluxe" - I made some weird contraptions "

kids today wouldn't appreciate meccano...

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

i used to volunter at the local prison teaching those that couldnt read or write. One year one sent me a christmas card with his own message inside. He hadnt been able to write until i taught him

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

A tomahawk bike , like a mini chopper . I was about 7

over a year ago

Cool present, they're great things to have. My favourite ever gift was when I was 8, a Meccano "Box Deluxe" - I made some weird contraptions kids today wouldn't appreciate meccano... "

That's a shame, I still have mine but haven't played with it for weeks

By *heshire CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

Cheshire

My dad bought me a Yamaha 50cc twist n rip motorbike when I was 3 looking back it was the best thing ever it was so much fun and has given me the most amazing memories... wish I'd not let my mother sell it to a family friend.

Believe me it's not about the cost of it, it's all about the fun times I spent with my Dad,sister and friends time i wish i could have again x

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"i used to volunter at the local prison teaching those that couldnt read or write. One year one sent me a christmas card with his own message inside. He hadnt been able to write until i taught him"

That's lovely.

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

Sega Megadrive at Christmas '92, I was 10 years old and had been staring at the same screenshots of Sonic the Hedgehog in the Argos catalogue all year round, and had being a very helpful and good little boy to convince my parents I deserved one it was the best present ever when I unwrapped it on Christmas morning, I was absolutely beside myself with excitement and gratitude!

Post new Message to Thread