Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Rag and bone man

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do you still have one iv not seen one in years all i see now are little shits pinching bikes swings and anything shiny to scrap

Like an army of fagins magpies

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I haven't seen one for years either. Or a pig bin man

By *uciyassMan
over a year ago

sheffield

I think his music is brilliant

By *cousesubsallyWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere out there

We have one round here, never actually seen him though just here him shouting every couple of weeks

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Or a pig bin man"

What's one of those???

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

"We have one round here, never actually seen him though just here him shouting every couple of weeks "
we have one up here .he plays steptoe and son out loud to let you know he is around

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

"Do you still have one iv not seen one in years all i see now are little shits pinching bikes swings and anything shiny to scrap

"

. I haven’t seen one for years.Although Christmas time on TV they tend to show the films of Steptoe and Son

over a year ago

We have one here occasionally.

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

Nah the binmen all became unionised in the 70's -now we just shun independent operators -feckin scabs they are.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Or a pig bin man

What's one of those??? "

It could just be because we were in a rural area. Everyone had a bin outside the back door to put waste food in. The local pig farmer came once a week and collected it to feed his pigs. I suspect its illegal now.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

We have one, when we first moved in and where getting rid of stuff the neighbour said don't take it to the tip, the man comes round for that, leave it on your drive and it will gone.

Sure enough it disappeared within hours, we didn't see him though so we are not sure if he is real or not.

over a year ago

Drivescround our area with a dropside truck and a fecking megaphone- spend most of their time raiding builders’ skips and nicking anything shiny

By *0tt0nSu3Woman
over a year ago

London

I know one.

They still exist.

over a year ago

"Or a pig bin man

What's one of those???

It could just be because we were in a rural area. Everyone had a bin outside the back door to put waste food in. The local pig farmer came once a week and collected it to feed his pigs. I suspect its illegal now. "

I grew up across the road from a pig farm, going to have to ask my mum if they did this

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"I think his music is brilliant "

You wouldn't think he still needs to collect scrap with his money....

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"Do you still have one iv not seen one in years all i see now are little shits pinching bikes swings and anything shiny to scrap

"

Our local one takes it from source so we don't need to sort it, or put it out for him.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

The plumber put my old toilet and sink in a skip on my drive and when I came back from my kid's nativity play they had vanished.

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"The plumber put my old toilet and sink in a skip on my drive and when I came back from my kid's nativity play they had vanished. "

That's the magic of Christmas....

over a year ago

"We have one, when we first moved in and where getting rid of stuff the neighbour said don't take it to the tip, the man comes round for that, leave it on your drive and it will gone.

Sure enough it disappeared within hours, we didn't see him though so we are not sure if he is real or not. "

oooo like santa in reverse oh wait thats a burglar never mind

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"The plumber put my old toilet and sink in a skip on my drive and when I came back from my kid's nativity play they had vanished. "

I suppose unless it was manky it will do someone a good turn

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I was happy someone wanted it but it was primrose yellow !

over a year ago

Mine has done a disappearing act recently, and I have a cooker I want to get rid of.

I could put it in my front garden and see if someone takes it, but it will be an eyesore.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Better than avocado I suppose

By *ortobello SionnachWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"Mine has done a disappearing act recently, and I have a cooker I want to get rid of.

I could put it in my front garden and see if someone takes it, but it will be an eyesore."

Put it in next doors garden in the middle of the night and claim no knowledge of it

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"Mine has done a disappearing act recently, and I have a cooker I want to get rid of.

I could put it in my front garden and see if someone takes it, but it will be an eyesore."

Make it into a water feature

over a year ago

i’m hoping to get the box set this christmas

over a year ago

The only youth who’s music is worth listening

over a year ago

I could put it in my front garden and see if someone takes it, but it will be an eyesore.

Make it into a water feature"

council will take it but they charge

if not a mate with an estate car and down therecycling center

over a year ago

They're referred to as the 'tat van' round here. Some come at night, quietly!

over a year ago

put some hub caps on it , will definentley get nicked"

over a year ago

what about a chimney sweep? does any of those exist in todays central heating era?

plenty on here need a right brush up erm

over a year ago

Just one?

It's what the local young last aspire to be around here

By *xtrafun4youMan
over a year ago

Dunstable

Yep still getting them here.

over a year ago

"Just one?

It's what the local young last aspire to be around here "

kids who scrap out are different

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

put some hub caps on it , will definentley get nicked"

And the award for the oldest joke ever goes to....

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Put it in next doors garden in the middle of the night and claim no knowledge of it "

Like a Garden Gnome

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

We get them, with an awful megaphone noise. I'd prefer people with limited money to club together and sell their combined scrap, so that the overall Carbon footprint is lower, than a team of trucks driving around all day.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

They are just trying to make a living...and in our case we liked the idea of not going to the tip

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"They are just trying to make a living...and in our case we liked the idea of not going to the tip"

Yeah, but when they take things off your drive that were not meant for them, it becomes a little bit irksome. Technically it's trespassing, but they seem to get away with it

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

https://youtu.be/iN3o6UxSChQ

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"Or a pig bin man

What's one of those???

It could just be because we were in a rural area. Everyone had a bin outside the back door to put waste food in. The local pig farmer came once a week and collected it to feed his pigs. I suspect its illegal now. "

Pig swill, hog swill, hogwash is kitchen refuse used to feed pigs.[2]

Historically pig farmers arranged collection of swill, e.g. by means of swill bins. The grease was skimmed off the swill tanks and sold for further processing, while the remaining swill was processed into pig food.

During World War II collection of pig swill was a nationwide campaign in Great Britain.[3]

During the 2001 United Kingdom foot-and-mouth outbreak it was thought that unprocessed pig swill was a key link in the chain of the infection, and it was banned in Great Britain. In 2003 the ban was expanded to the whole European Union.[4]

There is now significant research[5] and support from farmers[6] for a return to feeding swill to pigs, not only as a way to reduce pig feed costs but also to reduce demands on agricultural land for pig

By *agermeisterMan
over a year ago

Leeds

I grew up in a mining community so the coal man was a common site. Black from arse to elbow

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"They are just trying to make a living...and in our case we liked the idea of not going to the tip

Yeah, but when they take things off your drive that were not meant for them, it becomes a little bit irksome. Technically it's trespassing, but they seem to get away with it "

I imagine it is yeah, but I was happy mine went. I wouldn't leave anything else on the drive anyway, what do you leave on yours?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Or a pig bin man

What's one of those???

It could just be because we were in a rural area. Everyone had a bin outside the back door to put waste food in. The local pig farmer came once a week and collected it to feed his pigs. I suspect its illegal now.

Pig swill, hog swill, hogwash is kitchen refuse used to feed pigs.[2]

Historically pig farmers arranged collection of swill, e.g. by means of swill bins. The grease was skimmed off the swill tanks and sold for further processing, while the remaining swill was processed into pig food.

During World War II collection of pig swill was a nationwide campaign in Great Britain.[3]

During the 2001 United Kingdom foot-and-mouth outbreak it was thought that unprocessed pig swill was a key link in the chain of the infection, and it was banned in Great Britain. In 2003 the ban was expanded to the whole European Union.[4]

There is now significant research[5] and support from farmers[6] for a return to feeding swill to pigs, not only as a way to reduce pig feed costs but also to reduce demands on agricultural land for pig "

Thank you Mr T. I guess it would also make use of food left overs

over a year ago

Are we confusing Steptoe with Thieving Pikeys?

over a year ago

"I think his music is brilliant "

He's only human, after all

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS
over a year ago

Cornwall

not seen one for years or a toffee apple man... I used to help a guy on his paraffin round as a 13 year old though

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"not seen one for years or a toffee apple man... I used to help a guy on his paraffin round as a 13 year old though"

I'd forgotten about paraffin being delivered. Up until I was about 9 a man used to sell fruit and veg from the back of his horse and cart. He kept the horse in his back garden, I still walk past it now and again and can't believe that poor horse was kept in such a tiny space.

over a year ago

"We have one round here, never actually seen him though just here him shouting every couple of weeks "

Same here lol.

over a year ago

Someone mentioned toffee apple man. Our local one used to park his bike outside of my kids school every day from 3pm! Good tatics for his little business I suppose.

I've put a leather sofa bed, wardrobe and a desk out the front of my house. Good furniture but I upgraded so no tat here. Yet no one took it! I called some charity shops to come and take it. They said their shops were already full. I had to pay the council nearly £30 to pick it all up. I bet they just dumped it!

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"Or a pig bin man

What's one of those???

It is indeed illegal to feed pigs swill which is the waste food cooked up again. A workmate used to keep pigs and he had an old boiler which used to feed steam into big tanks. He`s get waste food from hotels and schools and cook it for his pigs. They made wonderful bacon!

Locally, waste food is collected from the roadside and goes to an "in vessel composter" to be processed.

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

A good friend of mine had a washing mac_ine on her driveway. She just spotted a couple of guys (who turned out to be Polish) loading it into a van. She ran after them screaming "My washing mac_ine!! You owe me £20!" They paid her, much to her amusement because it was completely scrap!

Post new Message to Thread