Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Give Blood

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do you? Do you make an extra effort at this time of year to do so?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ruebameMan
over a year ago

from the womb and tryout to get back

I give blood every three month all year round have done for the last 6 years you never know might be saving life or at least I hope it is

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I gave almost 80 times before I was told by the docs that it was now time to look after me ... I was gutted and still would donate if I could x

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Due to having cancer in the past I am unable to give blood.

I would f I was allowed to

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I give blood at any time of the year, I don't make an extra special effort to do so at this time of year though.

By *cousesubsallyWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere out there

"Due to having cancer in the past I am unable to give blood.

I would f I was allowed to

"

I’m not allowed to either, always try and get people to donate on my behalf when the conversation comes up

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/12/18 08:35:26]

over a year ago

I just dont want to

By *cousesubsallyWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere out there

"I just dont want to"

Now you could do it for us who can’t x

over a year ago

I can’t as I don’t have good veins x

over a year ago

I used too, can't anymore because of a heart condition, such a shame because I have A+ blood, so I know how valuable mine is

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm not eligible to.

over a year ago

I'm a blood donor admittedly I haven't done it for a while should really start to donate again

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

I used to as I have a rare blood type.

Then they stopped going to my local centre and the only one I can get during the hours they are open is about 15 miles away. Work have been really good about letting me have time off because of an op I had over summer so I just can’t do it anymore.

Wish they made it more convenient as I would go all the time.

By *an_LexaCouple
over a year ago

Sunderland

I’m not allowed to either anymore.

over a year ago

"I just dont want to

Now you could do it for us who can’t x"

but i still wont

over a year ago

Yes regular doner

over a year ago

"I just dont want to

Now you could do it for us who can’t xbut i still wont"

The day may come when you’re depending on a blood donation, the system depends on healthy people donating. It’s quick and painless

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

Not allowed to because of medication I take .

over a year ago

I give my A+ blood every 3months

over a year ago

"I just dont want to

but i still wont"

Any particular reason why you don't want to Blake, or just don't?

over a year ago

I’m not allowed since I had to have a blood transfusion when I was born and I’ve been told not to ever since

over a year ago

I choose not too. Likewise I would also choose not to receive and it would be divorce grounds if my husband ever went against my wishes on my behalf as I couldn't refuse. Just the thought makes me feel ill.

By *ruebameMan
over a year ago

from the womb and tryout to get back

"I used too, can't anymore because of a heart condition, such a shame because I have A+ blood, so I know how valuable mine is

"

Mine is A+ and always a shortage

over a year ago

"I choose not too. Likewise I would also choose not to receive and it would be divorce grounds if my husband ever went against my wishes on my behalf as I couldn't refuse. Just the thought makes me feel ill. "

Are you a Jehovah witness?

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

I do. I'm a universal donor, so I donate 3-4 times each year and when the blood bank are in my area they plague me with texts and calls until I come in

over a year ago

I’m not allowed too. Wish I was

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I used to regularly donate but now I have a blood condition and can't. Every month now they take a pint of my blood and throw it away which seems such a waste.

over a year ago

A varied response I’m off on Friday to donate a pint of my O neg

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I used to give blood but they could never get the full pint out of me. My veins are deep and move around too much. I was retired as a donor after about 12 attempts.

I would definitely still donate if I could.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I no longer donate for various reasons but mainly because my gp advised against it.

I bear no ill will towards people who choose not to for other non-medical reasons.

over a year ago

"I just dont want to

but i still wont

Any particular reason why you don't want to Blake, or just don't? "

i dont like the thought of people taking my blood it creeps me out

over a year ago

"I just dont want to

but i still wont

i dont like the thought of people taking my blood it creeps me out"

That's fair enough, I was just curious that's all

over a year ago

"I just dont want to

but i still wont

"

becareful u dont start meawing

over a year ago

"I choose not too. Likewise I would also choose not to receive and it would be divorce grounds if my husband ever went against my wishes on my behalf as I couldn't refuse. Just the thought makes me feel ill.

Are you a Jehovah witness? "

No, though my husband's Nan has tried converting me many a time - the idea of eternal farming on my acre of land is not for me I'm afraid. I have a phobia of other peoples blood, my own doesnt bother me, but anyone else's and I come over faint, hot, bothered, nauseous - even my own children with a simple cut lip and I cannot cope. The thought of someone else's blood in my body makes me crawl.

I similarly wouldn't take an organ donation, if my body is massively failing I just consider it will be my time. I can see for others its a wonderful thing and can fully understand those who give and receive its just not for me.

over a year ago

If you're willing to let a little kid die just because you can't be arsed to give something you have a limitless supply of, it weirds md out.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/12/18 10:29:15]

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS
over a year ago

Cornwall

I'm not a regular doner but I do give now and again ...

over a year ago

"I choose not too. Likewise I would also choose not to receive and it would be divorce grounds if my husband ever went against my wishes on my behalf as I couldn't refuse. Just the thought makes me feel ill.

No, though my husband's Nan has tried converting me many a time - the idea of eternal farming on my acre of land is not for me I'm afraid. I have a phobia of other peoples blood, my own doesnt bother me, but anyone else's and I come over faint, hot, bothered, nauseous - even my own children with a simple cut lip and I cannot cope. The thought of someone else's blood in my body makes me crawl.

I similarly wouldn't take an organ donation, if my body is massively failing I just consider it will be my time. I can see for others its a wonderful thing and can fully understand those who give and receive its just not for me. "

That's fair enough, I won't ever knock anyone for their personal opinions on subjects like this ... You have to do what you believe in 100%

over a year ago

"I just dont want to

but i still wont

becareful u dont start meawing "

Took me a minute but I get it now

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 11/12/18 10:29:15]"
u got there lol

over a year ago

"I just dont want to

but i still wont

becareful u dont start meawing

Took me a minute but I get it now "

over a year ago

"If you're willing to let a little kid die just because you can't be arsed to give something you have a limitless supply of, it weirds md out. "

Nice try, but I am not allowing children to die because of my decision not to donate. I actually fall considerably under the minimum weight required for donors so wouldn't be eligible to even if I wanted too. I would actually be considered overweight which would damaging to my own health if I gained the weight necessary to donate.

over a year ago

"If you're willing to let a little kid die just because you can't be arsed to give something you have a limitless supply of, it weirds md out.

Nice try, but I am not allowing children to die because of my decision not to donate. I actually fall considerably under the minimum weight required for donors so wouldn't be eligible to even if I wanted too. I would actually be considered overweight which would damaging to my own health if I gained the weight necessary to donate. "

Not arsed about people can't give blood.

over a year ago

"If you're willing to let a little kid die just because you can't be arsed to give something you have a limitless supply of, it weirds md out.

Nice try, but I am not allowing children to die because of my decision not to donate. I actually fall considerably under the minimum weight required for donors so wouldn't be eligible to even if I wanted too. I would actually be considered overweight which would damaging to my own health if I gained the weight necessary to donate. "

It was wrong for that guy to play the guilt card. Everyone’s preference around donation is perfectly valid and i respect you for choosing not to.

over a year ago

I similarly wouldn't take an organ donation, if my body is massively failing I just consider it will be my time. I can see for others its a wonderful thing and can fully understand those who give and receive its just not for me.

That's fair enough, I won't ever knock anyone for their personal opinions on subjects like this ... You have to do what you believe in 100% "

On a side note once I'm gone I am happy for my organs and anything else to be donated to someone in need. I have no issue with that at all.

over a year ago

Nice try, but I am not allowing children to die because of my decision not to donate. I actually fall considerably under the minimum weight required for donors so wouldn't be eligible to even if I wanted too. I would actually be considered overweight which would damaging to my own health if I gained the weight necessary to donate.

Not arsed about people can't give blood. "

Please respect other people’s wishes. If it weirds you out then fine - many other will donate

over a year ago

Please respect other people’s wishes. If it weirds you out then fine - many other will donate "

I tolerate them, I won't respect them.

over a year ago

Please respect other people’s wishes. If it weirds you out then fine - many other will donate "

exactly what this sites buzz word preference no need to be narky is there

over a year ago

Please respect other people’s wishes. If it weirds you out then fine - many other will donate

"

Good for you fella

over a year ago

That's fair enough, I won't ever knock anyone for their personal opinions on subjects like this ... You have to do what you believe in 100%

On a side note once I'm gone I am happy for my organs and anything else to be donated to someone in need. I have no issue with that at all."

It's funny you should say that because I'm not sure how I personally feel about that .. I swing from one side of it to the other when thinking about it

over a year ago

I donate every 4 months. I have a friend who receives regular blood transfusions and she asked all her friends and family to do it for her. Before that it was just one of those things I never found time for.

It's worth it for the biscuit alone!

over a year ago

On a side note once I'm gone I am happy for my organs and anything else to be donated to someone in need. I have no issue with that at all.

It's funny you should say that because I'm not sure how I personally feel about that .. I swing from one side of it to the other when thinking about it "

I used to be in two minds as well. Part of me wanted to be kept intact, but I figure it could be the difference between someone existing and someone living life.

By *W ChapMan
over a year ago

Swindon

Yes, next session booked for January.

over a year ago

It was wrong for that guy to play the guilt card. Everyone’s preference around donation is perfectly valid and i respect you for choosing not to. "

It was a cheap shot resorting to kids, when there's many adults in need, I suspect the number of adults far outweighs the number of children as we're all living so long.

The minimum weight for donating is 7st 12, I weigh 7st and occasionally I hit a whopping 7st 6 but I do not go beyond that regardless of what or how much I eat. It appears my choice is a pretty mute point as I don't meet the criteria anyway

By *an_LexaCouple
over a year ago

Sunderland

"I just dont want to

but i still wont

Any particular reason why you don't want to Blake, or just don't? i dont like the thought of people taking my blood it creeps me out"

I’ll remember to keep my nails short

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/12/18 12:03:02]

over a year ago

"I just dont want to

but i still wont

Any particular reason why you don't want to Blake, or just don't? i dont like the thought of people taking my blood it creeps me out

I’ll remember to keep my nails short"

phew

By *ingle Beds LassWoman
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

Just booked me in for Thursday. Needed a nudge and now I've committed.

over a year ago

"

im sure il live

over a year ago

It's funny you should say that because I'm not sure how I personally feel about that .. I swing from one side of it to the other when thinking about it

I used to be in two minds as well. Part of me wanted to be kept intact, but I figure it could be the difference between someone existing and someone living life.

"

I understand that, but still can't make a definite decision ...

over a year ago

My partner and I have donated since we were 17. It used to be when we remembered but since having our second child left me very nearly needing a blood transfusion and my partner having major surgery a few months later we make sure we do it every 4 months now.

Post new Message to Thread