over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

WEEK FIFTY!!!

MOTTO: We run #LikeAToddlerChasingAPug

Hey lovely Fab Crap Runners!

It's Week Fifty!!!

How is everyone doing?

EXPLANATION AND ETHOS:

EVERYONE is welcome in the Fab Crap Runners' Club (the crapper the better).

From 1st January, a bunch of Fabbers began improving their fitness through running. None of them were natural athletes but they did it anyway.

FOR COMPLETE BEGINNERS:

"Couch to 5k" (C25K) is a nine-week running programme for absolute beginners, available on various free phone apps (Mrs T used Get Running). But you can join this thread to get fit by any means including walking and cycling - all are welcome. If you're expecting to be utterly crap at it (I mean reeeeeeeeeally bad), you're in the right place. Join the thread, tell us what your aim is and we'll cheer you on each week, just for trying.

FOR MORE EXPERIENCED RUNNERS:

Tell us what you’re up to with your running, your training and your races. Let’s us know your highs and lows. Please cheer on the newbies and give advice if they ask.

FCRC SOCIAL PARKRUN

I am doing a doodle poll to find out where everyone can get to with ease before organising the next social.

https://doodle.com/poll/77nghmke7uwunrwy

Again, it's completely anonymous and you can vote for as many options as you would like.

Hopefully the regions are self-explanatory (Sorry if you think your county should be in a different region!)

I'm in the process of organising locations for parkruns. I'm thinking one a month in the different regions.

The first one is likely to be in the East Midlands in January. I'll confirm dates and a better location description next week.

AND FINALLY:

Who is working towards a specific goal? Tell us your progress

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *alking Disaster OP   Woman
over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

Morning everyone, how are you all doing?

It's week 50

I did a stupid thing last week and signed up (for the third time) to my first marathon. This time I will make the start line!

I'll announce the first social (to be held in January in the East Midlands area - I'm touristing that weekend, so you all might as well join me ) later this week. Once my brain wakes up and decides to work!

By *nsatiable_nymphWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere down south

"Morning everyone, how are you all doing?

It's week 50

I did a stupid thing last week and signed up (for the third time) to my first marathon. This time I will make the start line!

I'll announce the first social (to be held in January in the East Midlands area - I'm touristing that weekend, so you all might as well join me ) later this week. Once my brain wakes up and decides to work!"

First of all, well done for signing up to the marathon

Secondly, you sure you just need one week for your brain to wake up?

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

It's week 50

I'll announce the first social (to be held in January in the East Midlands area - I'm touristing that weekend, so you all might as well join me ) later this week. Once my brain wakes up and decides to work!

First of all, well done for signing up to the marathon

Secondly, you sure you just need one week for your brain to wake up? "

I know, I'm not sure my brain ever wakes up!

By *ocbigMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Braver than I...love racing, but marathon distance?...maybe it is a mental thing for me.

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

It's week 50

I'll announce the first social (to be held in January in the East Midlands area - I'm touristing that weekend, so you all might as well join me ) later this week. Once my brain wakes up and decides to work!"

It's not stupid, it's brilliant! Well done!

You do realise that the east mids on fab cover a size approximately the same as Australia?

By *elfastblondMan
over a year ago

Belfast

It's week 50

Thats fantastic!! Xx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Bookmarking

I walked 12 miles yesterday, back running/walking tomorrow.

Are we starting at week 1 in Jan for the ones that are starting fresh or fallen off the wagon? then a not so crap fab runner thread for all you guys that kept to it and are proper runners now?

over a year ago

Just on my way out for a 10 mile walk/jog over the moors. Avid parkrunner and signed up for the London marathon although I struggle with injuries and I’m at best shuffling around rather than running

By *aucy sausageMan
over a year ago

Gentleshaw

Ive done a fair bit of running this year, although well down volume wise compared to previous years (work commitments, lack of enthusiasm, dodgy achilles)

Well done for signing up for your first marathon.

Just ramp it up slowly, don’t increase the kong run mileage by more than 10% each time.. and make sure you get sufficient recovery time

Next year is 4 Ironmans, 3 marathons, and one Ultra (ring o fire) - 131 miles on 3 days round Anglesey

over a year ago

Book marking. Three evening runs, one Friday morning, and one for Saturday planned.

Also contemplating walking 1000 in 2019 though this is a out three miles a day with a few days off inbetween. Think I prefer running.

over a year ago

Well done all for signing up for runraces. I feel the draw of distance though not sure I can manage 26miles. We'll see, aim for half, then twenty, then...

over a year ago

Well done WD, you won't regret it!

East Midlands sounds like a lovely location

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Well done WD, you won't regret it!

East Midlands sounds like a lovely location "

Yes, East mids works for me!

over a year ago

I’m up for starting this again in Jan. I fell off the wagon last March and got sidetrack with other stuff.

over a year ago

"I’m up for starting this again in Jan. I fell off the wagon last March and got sidetrack with other stuff. "

Go for it! Try and hold on tighter this time

By *arryJones1975Man
over a year ago

ely

It's week 50

You do realise that the east mids on fab cover a size approximately the same as Australia? "

Ha ha ha. My colleague always stares at me strangely when I ask are we in East of England or East Midlands when filling in questionnaires until I explain it's what Fab says

Good luck with the marathon

over a year ago

"I’m up for starting this again in Jan. I fell off the wagon last March and got sidetrack with other stuff. "

I'm back at week 3

over a year ago

I went again for a run/walk and ran up the hill that took me ages to get up at the beginning of the year and I always run extra at the end as she finishes before my circuit ends lol

I didn't want to run this morning and could've easily talked myself out of it but glad I've done it now

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"I went again for a run/walk and ran up the hill that took me ages to get up at the beginning of the year and I always run extra at the end as she finishes before my circuit ends lol

I didn't want to run this morning and could've easily talked myself out of it but glad I've done it now "

Yay! Well done! Those 'I didn't want to but did it anyway' runs, in my opinion, are the most rewarding

By *wingfellowMan
over a year ago

my own little sanctuary

My fitness regime is just at the first stage (still on the couch) but I’m going to start running along the beach to improve my cardio and I’m hoping to quit smoking and use the cash to buy a decent kayak so I can explore my new homeland via kayak.

over a year ago

"I went again for a run/walk and ran up the hill that took me ages to get up at the beginning of the year and I always run extra at the end as she finishes before my circuit ends lol

I didn't want to run this morning and could've easily talked myself out of it but glad I've done it now

Yay! Well done! Those 'I didn't want to but did it anyway' runs, in my opinion, are the most rewarding "

Absolutely!

over a year ago

Yay! Well done! Those 'I didn't want to but did it anyway' runs, in my opinion, are the most rewarding "

I'm waiting for the cba days to disappear, I get too many of them

over a year ago

Yay! Well done! Those 'I didn't want to but did it anyway' runs, in my opinion, are the most rewarding

I'm waiting for the cba days to disappear, I get too many of them "

Stick with it, it happens sooner than you think! x

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

Back to the gym today

4km in 24mins 40..::a light run to get back in the swing of it

6min 10 a km

Legs a bit sore but in a nice way

By *nsatiable_nymphWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere down south

"My fitness regime is just at the first stage (still on the couch) but I’m going to start running along the beach to improve my cardio and I’m hoping to quit smoking and use the cash to buy a decent kayak so I can explore my new homeland via kayak."

And then invite the FCRC over to Oz to see your new homeland. How big is this kayak?

Best of luck if you do get off the coach, I know I'd rather be running around the beaches of Australia then around here

By *nsatiable_nymphWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere down south

"Back to the gym today

6min 10 a km

Legs a bit sore but in a nice way "

Excellent, well done!

By *nsatiable_nymphWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere down south

Went out at silly o'clock for a big run.....GPS didn't pick up properly , but from my previous runs and a bit of guess work. I believe I've smashed the 15km mark!

I will re-do the route next week to confirm

By *elfastblondMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"Went out at silly o'clock for a big run.....GPS didn't pick up properly , but from my previous runs and a bit of guess work. I believe I've smashed the 15km mark!

I will re-do the route next week to confirm "

Oh wow that's fantastic motivation!

By *elfastblondMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I've not ran since Saturday due to working and travelling, hoping to get a few miles in after work today and I signed up for a half marathon on NYE

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

"Back to the gym today

6min 10 a km

Excellent, well done! "

Legs are definitely sore today

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"Braver than I...love racing, but marathon distance?...maybe it is a mental thing for me."

I think it's actually going to be the physical thing for me. I know I'm going to want to run the whole way and will be disappointed in myself if I don't.

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

It's week 50

You do realise that the east mids on fab cover a size approximately the same as Australia? "

It's East Midlands as per the doodle poll, not the FAB area!

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"Bookmarking

I walked 12 miles yesterday, back running/walking tomorrow.

Are we starting at week 1 in Jan for the ones that are starting fresh or fallen off the wagon? then a not so crap fab runner thread for all you guys that kept to it and are proper runners now? "

No, still one thread.

I've been running for years and I still don't class myself as a proper runner!

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"Just on my way out for a 10 mile walk/jog over the moors. Avid parkrunner and signed up for the London marathon although I struggle with injuries and I’m at best shuffling around rather than running "

Good luck with LM!

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

Sorry, running out of lunch break, will be back later

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Went out at silly o'clock for a big run.....GPS didn't pick up properly , but from my previous runs and a bit of guess work. I believe I've smashed the 15km mark!

Well done! Good to see you racking up the distance!

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"Ive done a fair bit of running this year, although well down volume wise compared to previous years (work commitments, lack of enthusiasm, dodgy achilles)

Well done for signing up for your first marathon.

Just ramp it up slowly, don’t increase the kong run mileage by more than 10% each time.. and make sure you get sufficient recovery time

Next year is 4 Ironmans, 3 marathons, and one Ultra (ring o fire) - 131 miles on 3 days round Anglesey "

The furthest I've done before is 20 miles (with no energy gels etc - don't ask).

The Ironmans and the ultra sound good. Keep us updated

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"Book marking. Three evening runs, one Friday morning, and one for Saturday planned.

Also contemplating walking 1000 in 2019 though this is a out three miles a day with a few days off inbetween. Think I prefer running."

"Well done all for signing up for runraces. I feel the draw of distance though not sure I can manage 26miles. We'll see, aim for half, then twenty, then..."

It's strange how quickly you can rack up a 1000 miles just through general day-to-day walking.

Try a half first! It's a lovely distance

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

Good luck

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

It's week 50

You do realise that the east mids on fab cover a size approximately the same as Australia?

Ha ha ha. My colleague always stares at me strangely when I ask are we in East of England or East Midlands when filling in questionnaires until I explain it's what Fab says

Good luck with the marathon "

How are you feeling Harry?

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

I didn't want to run this morning and could've easily talked myself out of it but glad I've done it now "

Well done!

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"My fitness regime is just at the first stage (still on the couch) but I’m going to start running along the beach to improve my cardio and I’m hoping to quit smoking and use the cash to buy a decent kayak so I can explore my new homeland via kayak."

Oh wow, I bet the weather is lovely over there at the moment.

Good luck with the quitting smoking

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

I'm waiting for the cba days to disappear, I get too many of them "

So do I!

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"Back to the gym today

6min 10 a km

Good to see you back running

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

Wow, that's fantastic

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"I've not ran since Saturday due to working and travelling, hoping to get a few miles in after work today and I signed up for a half marathon on NYE"

Good luck for your half!

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"Back to the gym today

6min 10 a km

Excellent, well done!

Legs are definitely sore today "

Did you do too much Michael?

over a year ago

Welcome back WD

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"Welcome back WD "

I didn't go anywhere, I was always here keeping an eye on you all!

By *ottie 13Woman
over a year ago

Happy go lucky

I've completely fell off the wagon did a 10k beginning of December and not run since by the time I've clocked up 12-13 miles at work I just can't face it

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"I've completely fell off the wagon did a 10k beginning of December and not run since by the time I've clocked up 12-13 miles at work I just can't face it "

12-13 miles doing what?

And well done on your 10k?

By *arryJones1975Man
over a year ago

ely

It's week 50

How are you feeling Harry?"

Better than I have been in 3 Months but still not fit enough for a club visit

By *elfastblondMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"I've not ran since Saturday due to working and travelling, hoping to get a few miles in after work today and I signed up for a half marathon on NYE

Good luck for your half! "

Thanks xx

Only managed to squeeze in 3 miles after work due to time constraints

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

It's week 50

Better than I have been in 3 Months but still not fit enough for a club visit "

That really is unlike you!

By *ottie 13Woman
over a year ago

Happy go lucky

"I've completely fell off the wagon did a 10k beginning of December and not run since by the time I've clocked up 12-13 miles at work I just can't face it

12-13 miles doing what?

And well done on your 10k?"

Thanks

I'm a postie, full of the joys of Christmas

By *elfastblondMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"I've completely fell off the wagon did a 10k beginning of December and not run since by the time I've clocked up 12-13 miles at work I just can't face it

12-13 miles doing what?

Thanks

I'm a postie, full of the joys of Christmas "

I'd love to be a postie, a great way to get exercise

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

12-13 miles doing what?

Thanks

I'm a postie, full of the joys of Christmas "

I'm not surprised you don't want to run then!

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

"Back to the gym today

6min 10 a km

4km in 23 mins 40 secs. Shaved 1 min off Tuesdays time. Happy with that. 15 secs less a km!!!! And less than 24 mins for 4km which is good pace

By *ottie 13Woman
over a year ago

Happy go lucky

12-13 miles doing what?

Thanks

I'm a postie, full of the joys of Christmas

I'm not surprised you don't want to run then! "

Roll on January lol

By *uckOfTheBayMan
over a year ago

Mold

managed to rip my jacket on a kissing gate tonight

Guess what's going on my list to Santa

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

10k for me tonight

By *elfastblondMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"10k for me tonight "

Great job! My plans for a run went to pot due to work hopefully tomorrow

By *arryJones1975Man
over a year ago

ely

It's week 50

That really is unlike you!"

Think May was my last club visit. Have managed 1 party since. Over 3 months since my last run on Strava. 40 hours until my last super dose of vitamin D. Not that I am counting lol.

By *ottie 13Woman
over a year ago

Happy go lucky

"10k for me tonight "

Yay get you I've just been spinning instead lol

By *elfastblondMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"10k for me tonight

Yay get you I've just been spinning instead lol"

I'm going to try find a spinning class, I think it will help my running

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"10k for me tonight

Great job! My plans for a run went to pot due to work hopefully tomorrow"

It's not good when work gets in the way!

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

It's week 50

Think May was my last club visit. Have managed 1 party since. Over 3 months since my last run on Strava. 40 hours until my last super dose of vitamin D. Not that I am counting lol. "

Have you started glowing with the vit d?

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"10k for me tonight

Yay get you I've just been spinning instead lol"

10k is easier than a spin class!

over a year ago

Was going to go for a run/walk today but mother nature is being a painful biatch will go after my nights finish

Also got some new earbuds to try out

By *ottie 13Woman
over a year ago

Happy go lucky

"10k for me tonight

10k is easier than a spin class! "

Don't know about that lol

By *ottie 13Woman
over a year ago

Happy go lucky

"10k for me tonight

I'm going to try find a spinning class, I think it will help my running"

I must say I love it do 2-3 classes a wk and definitely helps keep my fitness levels up

By *arryJones1975Man
over a year ago

ely

It's week 50

Think May was my last club visit. Have managed 1 party since. Over 3 months since my last run on Strava. 40 hours until my last super dose of vitamin D. Not that I am counting lol.

Have you started glowing with the vit d?"

The Ready Brek man has nothing on me lol

Lots of walking planned today and tomorrow

By *elfastblondMan
over a year ago

Belfast

5 mile cold, wet and windy run to parkrun only to find out it was cancelled, did the course any and ran back. So cold but 13 miles done

By *arryJones1975Man
over a year ago

ely

2 x 2.3 km walks today

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

5km run today in 29.46!!!! Well happy with that time and pace

Total for the week 13km