Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Opposite side

Jump to newest

By *one_wolf. OP   Man
over a year ago

Chatham

Good evening forum lot,

Just a quick query, got flashed by a speed camera tonight on the opposite side of the road, I was going into the flash( if that makes sense), am I likely to give some money to the government at Christmas?

It was a visible bright flash, I know that there is front facing cameras but they have an infrared camera not designed to visibly flash if you get me, just in a puzzled state of mind to whether I'm going to get a letter through the door

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Why where you speeding naughty boy!

over a year ago

No chance .

Faulty camera

By *uriousgeorge82Man
over a year ago

exmouth

Wont believe u will mate

By *idsBiGuyMan
over a year ago

Tamworth

Nah you should be alright I’d have thought.

Bright flashy cameras are designed to capture the rear of the vehicle, not the front

By *one_wolf. OP   Man
over a year ago

Chatham

"Why where you speeding naughty boy!"

Thought it was national speed limit and it was a 50

I was going 60

By *obo999Man
over a year ago

Fife

I’m fairly sure you won’t hear anything about it.

over a year ago

Forward facing cameras carch you without you knowing anything about it as they use infra-red for the flash - think of it this way, if a camera relies on a white flash to photograph you at night, how would it get you if you're coming towards it with your lights on?

Camera was likely triggred by a vehicle travelling on the opposite direction, but if it was youbthag set it off, you will be out of shot by the second picture which renders it unenforceable. They need two images so that your speed can be confirmed manually if questioned.

Also, forward facing cameras do not have a white flash in order to avoid dazzling oncoming motorists.

Can you imagine the outrage if a speed enforcement camera dazzled a driver causibg hom to veer off tge road and collide with someone or somethibg resulting in a fatality. That would be the end of the sperd camera.

Post new Message to Thread