Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Prescription windscreens

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Has anybody got one of these and would you recommend. I really don’t like wearing glasses when I’m driving and wondered if this would be a better alternative for me.

If you got one have you encountered any problems and are they worth the money ?!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

That would be a fantastic invention. .. but I fear changing the windscreen would be problematic

over a year ago

"That would be a fantastic invention. .. but I fear changing the windscreen would be problematic

"

You can get them, you know the drivers you pass, the ones with massive heads and scary big eyes, they have them fitted.

over a year ago

Could you imagine getting into someone else’s car with this!

over a year ago

This would be perfect for me, would save me paying out for laser eye surgery

over a year ago

"This would be perfect for me, would save me paying out for laser eye surgery "
u wanna be supergirl

By *aucy tiggerWoman
over a year ago

Back where I belong

"Could you imagine getting into someone else’s car with this! "

I was just wondering about passengers and others driving the car!

over a year ago

"Could you imagine getting into someone else’s car with this! "

I agree, they can make car sickness worse for passengers. But as long as the driver is happy, that’s the main thing.

over a year ago

"This would be perfect for me, would save me paying out for laser eye surgery "

I agree, I don’t trust anyone with a laser near my eyes, you might get some bodger.

over a year ago

"That would be a fantastic invention. .. but I fear changing the windscreen would be problematic

You can get them, you know the drivers you pass, the ones with massive heads and scary big eyes, they have them fitted. "

They're real, I have one.

over a year ago

You can get them, you know the drivers you pass, the ones with massive heads and scary big eyes, they have them fitted.

They're real, I have one. "

I know, I shit myself when I went passed you the other night in the back lanes. Like a scene from fright night.

over a year ago

"This would be perfect for me, would save me paying out for laser eye surgery

I agree, I don’t trust anyone with a laser near my eyes, you might get some bodger. "

Yeah but I’m too vein to wear my glasses and lasted 2 days of my contact lens trial.... laser booked for next year

over a year ago

I agree, I don’t trust anyone with a laser near my eyes, you might get some bodger.

Yeah but I’m too vein to wear my glasses and lasted 2 days of my contact lens trial.... laser booked for next year "

Let’s hope you don’t get someone on work experience.

over a year ago

Looks like some sage has been winding me about this, apparently prescription windscreens are still along way off experts warn. Thanks Gavin, now I look a right idiot. Fuming.

over a year ago

You can get them, you know the drivers you pass, the ones with massive heads and scary big eyes, they have them fitted. "

Homer Simpson?

over a year ago

Homer Simpson?"

Yeah, he lives two doors up.

By *eelouWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Someone been watching old Billy Connolly clips

over a year ago

"Someone been watching old Billy Connolly clips "

Just Saw Back to the Future and popped down Argos, to see if they’ve got any hover boards in yet. Still along way off experts warn, well the lad behind the counter.

By *eelouWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Someone been watching old Billy Connolly clips

Just Saw Back to the Future and popped down Argos, to see if they’ve got any hover boards in yet. Still along way off experts warn, well the lad behind the counter. "

Crap isn't it! They need to hurry with it all.

over a year ago

"Someone been watching old Billy Connolly clips

Just Saw Back to the Future and popped down Argos, to see if they’ve got any hover boards in yet. Still along way off experts warn, well the lad behind the counter.

Crap isn't it! They need to hurry with it all."

3 years late and they’re still not in.

By *hubnwife_36dd_ukCouple
over a year ago

chester

Yeah but I’m too vein to wear my glasses and lasted 2 days of my contact lens trial.... laser booked for next year

"

They've probablt improved a whole lot by now, but in the early days the results often played havoc with your night vision.

Do check it out most carefully before proceeding...particularly if it's a bargain price.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Has someone been watching a Billy Connolly video, as he has used this in his material several times.

Only one question though, what happens when you sell the car?

over a year ago

They're real, I have one.

I know, I shit myself when I went passed you the other night in the back lanes. Like a scene from fright night."

That was my car with the normal windscreen.

By *hesexpeopleCouple
over a year ago

s wales

I got so excited then, this would have been a game changer for me!

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

Are you serious?

How stupid is this?

You try sellling the car after..

Also only you would be able to drive it

over a year ago

"Has someone been watching a Billy Connolly video, as he has used this in his material several times.

Only one question though, what happens when you sell the car?"

You negotiate a price with the buyer and then you transfer ownership and the car then belongs to them.

over a year ago

"Are you serious?

How stupid is this?

You try sellling the car after..

Also only you would be able to drive it"

I’m very serious.

Not that stupid.

You take the prescription windscreen out and replace it with a non prescription one.

You’re very welcome

over a year ago

I think a reactive/ sunglasses type one would work too. Plus the car would look cool.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

They should be mandatory for certain driving habits, coupled with bans .- not Raybans

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

So you don’t mind paying £250 to have your windscreen replaced, and your partner can’t drive the car as her perscription is not the same as yours, this is ridiculous lol

over a year ago

"So you don’t mind paying £250 to have your windscreen replaced, and your partner can’t drive the car as her perscription is not the same as yours, this is ridiculous lol"

You can get adjustment glasses for your partner, so she or he can use your prescription windscreen, admittedly this defeats the purpose in the first place, but the other option is to keep replacing the windscreens, which I think you will agree can be time consuming.

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

"So you don’t mind paying £250 to have your windscreen replaced, and your partner can’t drive the car as her perscription is not the same as yours, this is ridiculous lol

You can get adjustment glasses for your partner, so she or he can use your prescription windscreen, admittedly this defeats the purpose in the first place, but the other option is to keep replacing the windscreens, which I think you will agree can be time consuming. "

It’s pointless. Just wear glasses or contacts

over a year ago

Prescription wing mirrors would be cheaper I presume or could you tape a pair of glasses to each one?

over a year ago

Mr Magoo got one, looked a bit mental to be honest

over a year ago

over a year ago

"So you don’t mind paying £250 to have your windscreen replaced, and your partner can’t drive the car as her perscription is not the same as yours, this is ridiculous lol

You can get adjustment glasses for your partner, so she or he can use your prescription windscreen, admittedly this defeats the purpose in the first place, but the other option is to keep replacing the windscreens, which I think you will agree can be time consuming.

It’s pointless. Just wear glasses or contacts"

Some people like having that freedom of not having to wear them and also there is a bit of vanity involved if we are honest.

Post new Message to Thread