Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Profiles

Jump to newest

By *pal OP   Woman
over a year ago

The Bermuda Triangle in Suffolk

Is your profile up to date? I often find that when a man expresses an interest in meeting and in the course of conversation I mention certain things that I have read on the profile. The usual response is that it needs updating or they can't even remember what's on there. Does anyone else find this frustrating?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Mine is fashionably festive

When I revert to “normal” after Christmas it’ll be brand spanking new and up to date. (If I can be bothered to rewrite it in the meantime.

Otherwise I’ll just copy and paste the old one back!)

By *uzzy NavelWoman
over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

Mine is

Complete with today’s date...

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I haven't changed mine in two years apart from the odd tweak here and there but it's fairly general and nothing has changed in terms of who/what I am looking for, and it's worked for me so far, so there's been no real need to change it

over a year ago

Im finding I have the urge to change mine again. It still pretty much says what I need it to though.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Mine hadn't changed much for about 6 or 7 years, until I completely rewrote it a couple of weeks ago

over a year ago

I hardly ever update mine, I'm not convinced an up to date profile makes any difference.

over a year ago

Cracks me up when I make a reference to something on their page and they clearly have no idea what I'm talking about.

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

No, I wrote mine when I rejoined and haven't actually written my actual profile text yet!

I should probably do that...

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

"Im finding I have the urge to change mine again. It still pretty much says what I need it to though. "

Me and the spiders are on first name terms now you know

As for the mice - you're not wrong, tried to put something decent on and they took a chunk out of my ankle!!

By *erby DomCouple
over a year ago

Ashbourne(ish) and Chesterfield(ish)

I tweak ours every other week so it is pretty much always up to date with what we are looking for.

over a year ago

"Im finding I have the urge to change mine again. It still pretty much says what I need it to though.

As for the mice - you're not wrong, tried to put something decent on and they took a chunk out of my ankle!! "

The mice are loyal and savage The spiders are getting a bit big now though, those huge woolly ones that come in, in winter and terrorise even the dogs. It's getting scary

By *heaspieswingerMan
over a year ago

Peak District

"Is your profile up to date? I often find that when a man expresses an interest in meeting and in the course of conversation I mention certain things that I have read on the profile. The usual response is that it needs updating or they can't even remember what's on there. Does anyone else find this frustrating?"

It’s incredibly annoying and makes us wonder why people even bother.

Our personal pet peeve is “We’re new to this...” and they’ve been here for a year or more with loads of veris. UPDATE YOUR SODDING PROFILES!

By *erby DomCouple
over a year ago

"Is your profile up to date? I often find that when a man expresses an interest in meeting and in the course of conversation I mention certain things that I have read on the profile. The usual response is that it needs updating or they can't even remember what's on there. Does anyone else find this frustrating?

It’s incredibly annoying and makes us wonder why people even bother.

Our personal pet peeve is “We’re new to this...” and they’ve been here for a year or more with loads of veris. UPDATE YOUR SODDING PROFILES!"

over a year ago

"Is your profile up to date? I often find that when a man expresses an interest in meeting and in the course of conversation I mention certain things that I have read on the profile. The usual response is that it needs updating or they can't even remember what's on there. Does anyone else find this frustrating?"
naaaaa I don't find anything frustrating

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

"Im finding I have the urge to change mine again. It still pretty much says what I need it to though.

As for the mice - you're not wrong, tried to put something decent on and they took a chunk out of my ankle!!

The mice are loyal and savage The spiders are getting a bit big now though, those huge woolly ones that come in, in winter and terrorise even the dogs. It's getting scary "

I've been fattening the spiders up specially - they're quite nice when you get to know them though - the mice on the other hand

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

Mines been undergoing tweaks and is due another one when I can decide what to put. Trying not to sound too mardy but also getting my points across is proving tricky

over a year ago

The mice are loyal and savage The spiders are getting a bit big now though, those huge woolly ones that come in, in winter and terrorise even the dogs. It's getting scary "

Those big spiders are indoors all year round, they just venture out of hiding in the autumn looking for love : )

By *erby DomCouple
over a year ago

"Mines been undergoing tweaks and is due another one when I can decide what to put. Trying not to sound too mardy but also getting my points across is proving tricky "
That is one amazing profile, it had me chuckling.

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

The mice are loyal and savage The spiders are getting a bit big now though, those huge woolly ones that come in, in winter and terrorise even the dogs. It's getting scary

Those big spiders are indoors all year round, they just venture out of hiding in the autumn looking for love : ) "

All this talk about spiders is making me shudder eeeeeew eeeeew

over a year ago

Those big spiders are indoors all year round, they just venture out of hiding in the autumn looking for love : ) "

Eek Noooooo

over a year ago

Those big spiders are indoors all year round, they just venture out of hiding in the autumn looking for love : )

All this talk about spiders is making me shudder eeeeeew eeeeew "

I think I need to change my profile sooner rather than later. Giving myself the willies now

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

I think I need to change my profile sooner rather than later. Giving myself the willies now "

You wish

over a year ago

Yes i just added some today

By *pal OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Mine is fashionably festive

When I revert to “normal” after Christmas it’ll be brand spanking new and up to date. (If I can be bothered to rewrite it in the meantime.

Otherwise I’ll just copy and paste the old one back!)"

It's a fun festive profile

over a year ago

I think I need to change my profile sooner rather than later. Giving myself the willies now

You wish "

By *pal OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Mine hadn't changed much for about 6 or 7 years, until I completely rewrote it a couple of weeks ago "

You sure went to a lot of effort to write as much as you did.

By *pal OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I hardly ever update mine, I'm not convinced an up to date profile makes any difference. "
I find when a profile says can't accommodate or they are a smoker I query why they want to meet me at theirs, shows my profile hasn't been read.

By *pal OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Cracks me up when I make a reference to something on their page and they clearly have no idea what I'm talking about. "

over a year ago

I change mine to the mood i am in

over a year ago

The ones that annoy me are those that say they are new here when they have in fact been here over a year..

I generally update mine every few months

By *pal OP   Woman
over a year ago

Did wonder why the mice and spiders joined the thread.... All makes sense now

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Mine hadn't changed much for about 6 or 7 years, until I completely rewrote it a couple of weeks ago

You sure went to a lot of effort to write as much as you did. "

Yeah, I was having a bit of banter with Steel Heels on here, I'll probably do it properly again in the not too distant future

By *pal OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Mine hadn't changed much for about 6 or 7 years, until I completely rewrote it a couple of weeks ago

Yeah, I was having a bit of banter with Steel Heels on here, I'll probably do it properly again in the not too distant future "

Who doesn't love a bit of banter

over a year ago

"Mines been undergoing tweaks and is due another one when I can decide what to put. Trying not to sound too mardy but also getting my points across is proving tricky "

I gave in to the mardy in a moment of meh!

over a year ago

"I hardly ever update mine, I'm not convinced an up to date profile makes any difference. I find when a profile says can't accommodate or they are a smoker I query why they want to meet me at theirs, shows my profile hasn't been read. "

Crikey a response!! Glad I was sat down for that

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I love the ones that start, "I'm a 29 year old guy", profile is over a year old, and their listed age is 35.

over a year ago

I'm always tweaking my profile, just because sometimes I read it and think bits are naff so do a rewrite.. The content doesn't change that much, it's more the gramner and expression of the content.

over a year ago

"I love the ones that start, "I'm a 29 year old guy", profile is over a year old, and their listed age is 35."

I saw one the other day from a woman and in the profile she was 52 but in the written content she was only 29.. Wierd

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

"Mines been undergoing tweaks and is due another one when I can decide what to put. Trying not to sound too mardy but also getting my points across is proving tricky

I gave in to the mardy in a moment of meh! "

Aw cheer up Brian

over a year ago

"Cracks me up when I make a reference to something on their page and they clearly have no idea what I'm talking about. "

This!

over a year ago

Yeah, I was having a bit of banter with Steel Heels on here, I'll probably do it properly again in the not too distant future "

Steely's a right mardy arse, you can do better Ace.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 06/12/18 18:20:12]

over a year ago

My profile needs sorting. Been a while since I actually spruced it up. But, I’m crap at writing profiles. Messaging me is the best way to get to know me I think. I’m not the best at selling myself

By *lceeWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"No, I wrote mine when I rejoined and haven't actually written my actual profile text yet!

I should probably do that... "

Yes, you should! Though it does make me giggle

over a year ago

"My profile needs sorting. Been a while since I actually spruced it up. But, I’m crap at writing profiles. Messaging me is the best way to get to know me I think. I’m not the best at selling myself

"

All you ladies reading this, please mail Pops. He's adorable and a lovely man. Even if you think I'm a twat because of my forum posts. Pops is awesome.

over a year ago

"My profile needs sorting. Been a while since I actually spruced it up. But, I’m crap at writing profiles. Messaging me is the best way to get to know me I think. I’m not the best at selling myself

All you ladies reading this, please mail Pops. He's adorable and a lovely man. Even if you think I'm a twat because of my forum posts. Pops is awesome. "

I wish my profile was a two word wonder like you miss.

One can dream.

By *eavensScentCouple
over a year ago

Southend

We update ours constantly... tastes are always changing as we're getting more experimental and trying new things so we like to keep it as up to date as possible

over a year ago

All you ladies reading this, please mail Pops. He's adorable and a lovely man. Even if you think I'm a twat because of my forum posts. Pops is awesome.

I wish my profile was a two word wonder like you miss.

One can dream.

"

I only have 2 words because I'm a knob. You know I'm a knob.

I don't 'do' compliments and all that white knight shit. I honestly think you're fucking awesome. x

over a year ago

Yeah mine is blank I've been here 3months now so I should really update

over a year ago

Gave mine a quick polish and shine recently; it's not too shabby I think but am always open to critique

By *heaspieswingerMan
over a year ago

Peak District

[Removed by poster at 06/12/18 19:27:16]

By *heaspieswingerMan
over a year ago

Peak District

"Gave mine a quick polish and shine recently; it's not too shabby I think but am always open to critique "

And what about your profile?

over a year ago

"Gave mine a quick polish and shine recently; it's not too shabby I think but am always open to critique

And what about your profile? "

Ooph I see what you did there

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

We tweak our profile every so often but it hasn't had a radical overhaul since we joined over 5 years ago.

We're a bit tardy at updating photos this year as well...

Nita

over a year ago

Nope but who cares as nobody read them except the ones who read them

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Yeah, I was having a bit of banter with Steel Heels on here, I'll probably do it properly again in the not too distant future

Steely's a right mardy arse, you can do better Ace. "

Yes Miss

I'm sure I'll have light bulb moment one evening

over a year ago

Oh yeah it’s up to date. I just haven’t found anything else sufficiently repugnant to put in it.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

Yup... I'm actually quite good at updating mine to reflect what I'm looking for, or not looking for as the case may be.

over a year ago

Mine is full of nothing. It’s as up to date as I need it to be

By *he rover returnedWoman
over a year ago

xxx

Mines very much up to date

Post new Message to Thread