Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

If I were to die in a foreign land

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

would they get my donated organs to use as they wish, or would the NHS have claim to them?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"would they get my donated organs to use as they wish, or would the NHS have claim to them?"
If it's China they'd eat your organs,having freeze dried obviously

over a year ago

"would they get my donated organs to use as they wish, or would the NHS have claim to them?"

I don't think the NHS would be willing to pay the postage.

over a year ago

"would they get my donated organs to use as they wish, or would the NHS have claim to them?If it's China they'd eat your organs,having freeze dried obviously "

I was wondering if I should leave my donor card at home, in case they let me die so they can sell off my kidneys to the highest bidder.

over a year ago

"would they get my donated organs to use as they wish, or would the NHS have claim to them?

I don't think the NHS would be willing to pay the postage. "

They can put them in with the meat orders

By *ondongreg79Man
over a year ago

london

Well that’s a fun topic! I imagine your body would be shipped home intact, by which time your organs would be useless.

over a year ago

"Well that’s a fun topic! I imagine your body would be shipped home intact, by which time your organs would be useless."

If they find out I'm going to die they could keep me alive and take out my organs. I'd rather someone in another country got them than they were burnt with my body.

By *uryWhipMan
over a year ago

Harringay

Would another country even be allowed to harvest your organs? Wouldn't someone have to claim you first?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

depends what country

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS
over a year ago

Cornwall

"would they get my donated organs to use as they wish, or would the NHS have claim to them?

Would another country even be allowed to harvest your organs? Wouldn't someone have to claim you first? "

They can do what they want with mine as no one is likely to claim me in any case

By *ondongreg79Man
over a year ago

london

Fair point. Imagine it varies by country. Just saw that in Spain, if they have permission from your next of kin they will whip them out for you.

over a year ago

"would they get my donated organs to use as they wish, or would the NHS have claim to them?If it's China they'd eat your organs,having freeze dried obviously

I was wondering if I should leave my donor card at home, in case they let me die so they can sell off my kidneys to the highest bidder."

Well after a hard day in the paddy fields boiled kidneys and chianti go down very well

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

if you went to belguim they automaticaly take your organs unless your on a no list after brexit i dont know

over a year ago

You get bupa health insurance.

It covers all inpatient need.

It's better than NHS.

over a year ago

Depending on the country donation can and does take place but the same as in the UK consent is needed.

Assuming that the death is unexpected, you'd potentially lose your organs during a post mortem as many countries have nothing along the lines of the Human Tissue Act and can and do retain whole organs during a post mortem. This wouldn't be for donation though but to establish the cause of death

Post new Message to Thread