FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Drivers who don’t indicate when changing lane or turning left.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

The one thing i’ve noticed over the past 25 years of being on the road is the lack of indicating by drivers, i swear it’s getting worse out there, lm finding myself trying to guess what the driver in front is going to do and anticipate said numpties next move.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

As a new driver of one week, I hear ya!

Its always been the way here though..

Bloody farmers thinking they own the road and trying to cross the road is also a nightmare

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

It’s a mystery really. People love their cars, they spend time choosing them and even more time boasting about what gadgets they have and what they can do and yet ...... they can’t use the indicators

By *.H.SMan
over a year ago

London

lack of etiquette too rather walk tbh

By *inkySeeKinkyDoWoman
over a year ago

'tween PontyCarlo & CasVegas in West Yorks

This really gets my goat too! My daughter was even taught not to on roundabouts!

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It’s dangerous and annoying

By *rsSBWoman
over a year ago

toy town

I agree. But it's difficult for people to put indicates on while one is messaging, tweeting or Instagraming

over a year ago

"I agree. But it's difficult for people to put indicates on while one is messaging, tweeting or Instagraming "

Or on fab

By *rsSBWoman
over a year ago

toy town

"I agree. But it's difficult for people to put indicates on while one is messaging, tweeting or Instagraming

Or on fab "

Exactly

By *plpxp2Couple
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

"It’s a mystery really. People love their cars, they spend time choosing them and even more time boasting about what gadgets they have and what they can do and yet ...... they can’t use the indicators "

You have to remember indicators are an optional extra, at least it is starting to seem that way

over a year ago

"I agree. But it's difficult for people to put indicates on while one is messaging, tweeting or Instagraming

Or on fab

Exactly "

*sent from my phone while driving to work x

over a year ago

Ah you see, the problem is not the drivers fault... it is the new types of cars.. they are not built with indicators anymore!!! The light cluster is just for show.

over a year ago

I really need to be careful or I'll go off on one here, but:

No indicating is beyond lazy, it's a dangerous lack of respect. As is lane hopping, driving everywhere with your fog lights on because your car looks better with 4 lights lit at the front, tailgating,..and I'm seriously tempted to just plow into the next twat I see on their mobile phone

over a year ago

Irritates me more when they indicate and change at the same time giving u no time to react

over a year ago

"I really need to be careful or I'll go off on one here, but:

No indicating is beyond lazy, it's a dangerous lack of respect. As is lane hopping, driving everywhere with your fog lights on because your car looks better with 4 lights lit at the front, tailgating,..and I'm seriously tempted to just plow into the next twat I see on their mobile phone"

*putting my phone away as I don't want to be plowed into*

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"It’s a mystery really. People love their cars, they spend time choosing them and even more time boasting about what gadgets they have and what they can do and yet ...... they can’t use the indicators

You have to remember indicators are an optional extra, at least it is starting to seem that way "

I’m beginning to think that’s a real thing

over a year ago

There's an excellent scene in the film 'Shoot Em Up' about this

C

over a year ago

Sorry I couldn't indicate just now, I'm running late for work and was making my sandwiches

over a year ago

It would be far more fun if we just fitted machine guns to every car.. I am sure we could remedy alot of social issues through destroying those cars, lorries, buses and taxis, definitely taxis, and the people within who fail to obey the rules.. we would soon have a saver driving community, less population and nicer mice of individuals generally.

over a year ago

Not using indicators winds me up but equally when people use them and don't turn them off. Some bell end was driving in the slow lane of the motorway the other day, I was in the middle but had no clue whether he was coming over or not (he wasn't). And don't get me started on middle lane drivers. Why can't people drive on motorways?

By *entleman.kMan
over a year ago

close by

What is just as annoying is bus drivers who are at a bus stop then indicate to pull out, being the courteous driver I am, slow down to allow them to pull out only to realise they are still letting people on, that really pisses me off.

By *0tt0nSu3Woman
over a year ago

London

I'm beginning to find it quite scary now, to the point where I feel that I have to get those camera thingies that records everything. It happens to me so frequently now that I think in all probability,there will be an accident.

Does any one remember that scene in Withnail and I and that crazy overtaking driving scene? I experienced that with two cars in the space of 90 seconds. No indicators. It was disturbing. This is coming from a driver of more than 20 years experience. Yeah, I'm not ashamed to admit it but being in the road scares me sometimes, and the fear is getting more and more frequent sure to these crazy drivers. I'd like to take the opportunity to say that there are some crazy motorcyclists and scooter riders too.

I really wish that there were more traffic police. This craziness needs to be stopped.

By *0tt0nSu3Woman
over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 06/12/18 07:28:06]

By *0tt0nSu3Woman
over a year ago

London

"What is just as annoying is bus drivers who are at a bus stop then indicate to pull out, being the courteous driver I am, slow down to allow them to pull out only to realise they are still letting people on, that really pisses me off. "

They do that in London a lot. I think they've have been told to do this. They'd never admit it though. It's so dangerous!

Funnily enough, buses wanting to move out seem stay still when you have your indicator on, even if it's two lane traffic.

As soon as you reach one bus length away from the bus in question, switch on your right indicator which forces them to wait until you pass, then soon as you come alongside the bus driver, flick on the left indicator.

Then he has no right to suddenly jump out in front of you and if he does, then he's in the wrong.

over a year ago

I’ve noticed more that people especially lorry’s are indicating and just pulling out not waiting for a safe gap to pull into

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

"The one thing i’ve noticed over the past 25 years of being on the road is the lack of indicating by drivers, i swear it’s getting worse out there, lm finding myself trying to guess what the driver in front is going to do and anticipate said numpties next move."

I concur op, but I am guilty as charged when...

A) no one is near me on the road

B) same on motorway if no ones nearby

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

My twenty minute drive to work down rural rides is plagued by this that and braking every time a car passes by. Or on the approach to anything that resembles a tiny deviation in the direction of the road. Usually elderly drivers who probably have no choice other than to drive.

I put these people in the same bracket as those who stop and stand at the top of escalators. Should be a summary execution

By *eanne n AliCouple
over a year ago

glasgow

This is something that really irritates us too along with people driving too close to the back of us nd people who flsh their headlight to try and get you out of their way.

Was browsing YouTube and found a possible solution to some of these though if you search YouTube for illwillpress hammers and floodlights (couldn't get the link to copy). We totally think this might just work.

By *0tt0nSu3Woman
over a year ago

London

"This is something that really irritates us too along with people driving too close to the back of us nd people who flsh their headlight to try and get you out of their way.

Was browsing YouTube and found a possible solution to some of these though if you search YouTube for illwillpress hammers and floodlights (couldn't get the link to copy). We totally think this might just work. "

I used to find that quite irritating until a fellow driver advised me to put on the hazard light for 15 seconds or so. They will back off, especially in potentially dangerous driving condition such as heavy rain or ice on the roads.

over a year ago

As a lorry driver this is a nightmare, sitting at a junction with impatient cars behind trying to work out where others are turning off. It's quite amusing the abuse I get when I pull out in front of the one car actually going around in front of me, especially when I give a polite hand signal about no indicators lol

over a year ago

Or people turning left when sitting in the straight ahead or right turn line.i was nearly hit the other day because my left line turns of on to a two line road.the right line driver went in to the far right line which I was driving into from the left line

over a year ago

My mate used to have a gadget on his dash board with a few buttons on it. One sounded a single gunshot, one set of the sound of a machine gun and the big red red one set off the loudest explosion.

It was great fun hitting a button when there was a numpty that needed the treatment- it was a great cure for any feelings of road rage, as laughter nearly always ensued.

By *ickeyblueeyes7Man
over a year ago

newport

Middle lane drivers now they do get my goat blocking up the motorways with their inconsiderate driving of mile upon mile middle lane hogging when the inside lane empty

over a year ago

"Middle lane drivers now they do get my goat blocking up the motorways with their inconsiderate driving of mile upon mile middle lane hogging when the inside lane empty "

Especially if they're going slow, I just stay in lane 1 and undertake them, perfectly legal as long as you stay in lane and not weaving in and out

By *lsieWoman
over a year ago

where ever

Other cars have indicators?!

Thought it was an optional extra in other cars. Just thought they couldn't afford to have them fitted .

Another thing is manners when you let someone through . No thank you.

Pees me off . I don't do it now . I let them wait

By *inkySeeKinkyDoWoman
over a year ago

I despise people on slip roads coming on to the motorway who are already doing 70mph and expect you to move lanes for them to join it...not today satan, slow the fuck down and join when theres a fucking gap

By *ickeyblueeyes7Man
over a year ago

newport

"Middle lane drivers now they do get my goat blocking up the motorways with their inconsiderate driving of mile upon mile middle lane hogging when the inside lane empty

Especially if they're going slow, I just stay in lane 1 and undertake them, perfectly legal as long as you stay in lane and not weaving in and out"

thats what I do and when several cars have done the same they still don’t get the hint

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Lack of indicating & middle lane hoggers Aaaargh!

I will admit upon recently purchasing a new car, I was a dozy indicator for 2 days!

The indicator was preset to only flash once on a short press.

Took me an hour reading the manual & fiddling with buttons to set it correctly.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"The one thing i’ve noticed over the past 25 years of being on the road is the lack of indicating by drivers, i swear it’s getting worse out there, lm finding myself trying to guess what the driver in front is going to do and anticipate said numpties next move."

Be wary of trusting indicators to much, I only take them as an indication of what people might want to do.

Lifetime riding motorbikes has taught me that even if someone is indicating to turn off into my road I'd better not pull out as they're quite likely to drive straight past the junction

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

I always use the brake pedal to indicate my intentions in morse code

By *ak777Man
over a year ago

shaw

i found bmw the don.t have indicators in their cars

over a year ago

"The one thing i’ve noticed over the past 25 years of being on the road is the lack of indicating by drivers, i swear it’s getting worse out there, lm finding myself trying to guess what the driver in front is going to do and anticipate said numpties next move.

Be wary of trusting indicators to much, I only take them as an indication of what people might want to do.

Lifetime riding motorbikes has taught me that even if someone is indicating to turn off into my road I'd better not pull out as they're quite likely to drive straight past the junction "

yeah i always wait till they’re turning before i pull out

By *hite1100Man
over a year ago

Hither Green

... usually drive Audis.

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS
over a year ago

Plymouth

"I despise people on slip roads coming on to the motorway who are already doing 70mph and expect you to move lanes for them to join it...not today satan, slow the fuck down and join when theres a fucking gap "
if you read the highway code you'd understand that you're supposed to use the sliproads to match the speed of the traffic on the motorway and then merge into the traffic. If you can safely move into the middle lane to allow people to enter the motorway safely, why wouldn't you? Obviously if you can't you can't and then it's down to the person using the sliproads to adjust their speed slightly to enable themselves to merge into a gap. If there isn't a gap then people are probably driving too close to the vehicle in front of them.

By *hite1100Man
over a year ago

Hither Green

"i found bmw the don.t have indicators in their cars"

Mine does .

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

"i found bmw the don.t have indicators in their cars

Mine does . "

Nah -they just look like indicators -they don't really work

By *ommenhimCouple
over a year ago

wigan

"I despise people on slip roads coming on to the motorway who are already doing 70mph and expect you to move lanes for them to join it...not today satan, slow the fuck down and join when theres a fucking gap "

I dispise those who are clueless as to how to drive safely. I imagine your attitude is similar with filter lanes.....” not today Satan!”.

Dear god

By *hite1100Man
over a year ago

Hither Green

Mine does .

Nah -they just look like indicators -they don't really work"

The headlights work when I’m in your mirrors, two inches off your back bumper, flashing you to move over though

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

"i found bmw the don.t have indicators in their cars"

They do... See my previous post.

You just need to set them up!

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

Mine does .

The headlights work when I’m in your mirrors, two inches off your back bumper, flashing you to move over though "

Good luck with that -I'm hogging the fast lane in ma refuse truck while overtaking a tractor -help yourself to some roadkill in the back while you're waiting tho

By *hite1100Man
over a year ago

Hither Green

Mine does .

The headlights work when I’m in your mirrors, two inches off your back bumper, flashing you to move over though

Good luck with that -I'm hogging the fast lane in ma refuse truck while overtaking a tractor -help yourself to some roadkill in the back while you're waiting tho"

Nobody likes a lane hogger .

over a year ago

Mine does .

mine work

over a year ago

learners are taught to join at the motorway speed

By *hubnwife_36dd_ukCouple
over a year ago

chester

I think they are in training for the autonomous car, ready for when all they have to do is sit there and be driven like a sack of spuds to their destination.

over a year ago

I find the lack of awareness is concerning. I have thankfully been blessed with a sixth sense and know when a car is going to do that.

Equally concerning is those who indicate then think because they indicated they have the Gods given right to cut you up because they queue jumped.

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

Mine does .

Good luck with that -I'm hogging the fast lane in ma refuse truck while overtaking a tractor -help yourself to some roadkill in the back while you're waiting tho

Nobody likes a lane hogger . "

Yeah but driving a rubbish truck ensures nobody is right up my arse either -I call the smell out back a fringe benefit of the job not to mention it's obvious road safety benefits.

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

Mine does .

Nah -they just look like indicators -they don't really workmine work"

Nah -there's a secret switch in the drivers seat that disconnects them the second you sit down

By *hite1100Man
over a year ago

Hither Green

Mine does .

Nobody likes a lane hogger .

Yeah but driving a rubbish truck ensures nobody is right up my arse either -I call the smell out back a fringe benefit of the job not to mention it's obvious road safety benefits."

Fringe benefits are the best kind of benefits .

By *hubnwife_36dd_ukCouple
over a year ago

chester

"I despise people on slip roads coming on to the motorway who are already doing 70mph and expect you to move lanes for them to join it...not today satan, slow the fuck down and join when theres a fucking gap if you read the highway code you'd understand that you're supposed to use the sliproads to match the speed of the traffic on the motorway and then merge into the traffic. If you can safely move into the middle lane to allow people to enter the motorway safely, why wouldn't you? Obviously if you can't you can't and then it's down to the person using the sliproads to adjust their speed slightly to enable themselves to merge into a gap. If there isn't a gap then people are probably driving too close to the vehicle in front of them. "

You were doing well until that last bit about "if there's no gap".

The gap is there for my braking distance. If some wally thinks it's there to slide into then he/she has just cut my braking space in half!

Having said that I always try to move into the middle lane if possible when approaching a junction to keep clear of the human torpedoes coming off the slip road who feel they have shields up (esp if they have the indicator on) and are now invulnerable as they barge in.

By *inkySeeKinkyDoWoman
over a year ago

"I despise people on slip roads coming on to the motorway who are already doing 70mph and expect you to move lanes for them to join it...not today satan, slow the fuck down and join when theres a fucking gap if you read the highway code you'd understand that you're supposed to use the sliproads to match the speed of the traffic on the motorway and then merge into the traffic. If you can safely move into the middle lane to allow people to enter the motorway safely, why wouldn't you? Obviously if you can't you can't and then it's down to the person using the sliproads to adjust their speed slightly to enable themselves to merge into a gap. If there isn't a gap then people are probably driving too close to the vehicle in front of them. "

3. Joining the motorway (259)

Joining the motorway. When you join the motorway you will normally approach it from a road on the left (a slip road) or from an adjoining motorway. You should

give priority to traffic already on the motorway

check the traffic on the motorway and match your speed to fit safely into the traffic flow in the left-hand lane

not cross solid white lines that separate lanes or use the hard shoulder

stay on the slip road if it continues as an extra lane on the motorway

remain in the left-hand lane long enough to adjust to the speed of traffic before considering overtaking.

Yeah and the first point being "give priority to traffic already on the motorway" the second is match the speed...if we are doing 50 on a smart motorway and some oversized cock extension car come boming up and barges on then hes twat

By *inkySeeKinkyDoWoman
over a year ago

"I despise people on slip roads coming on to the motorway who are already doing 70mph and expect you to move lanes for them to join it...not today satan, slow the fuck down and join when theres a fucking gap

I dispise those who are clueless as to how to drive safely. I imagine your attitude is similar with filter lanes.....” not today Satan!”.

Dear god"

Ive been driving very safely for 28 years ta very much

over a year ago

I believe the lack in using indicators is the high cost of Blinker fluid . It is hard to find and if you do find it it’s very expensive .

By *ommenhimCouple
over a year ago

wigan

"I despise people on slip roads coming on to the motorway who are already doing 70mph and expect you to move lanes for them to join it...not today satan, slow the fuck down and join when theres a fucking gap

Dear god

Ive been driving very safely for 28 years ta very much"

It’s not you I worry for .... appalling understanding of driving skills

By *bonynivoryCouple
over a year ago

market harborough

over a year ago

My mum basically said,"treat every other driver as a numpty. That way you are always ready for the unexpected."

Much the same as bike riders are taught really.

You just can't trust any other motorists action....

Mistress Amelia

By *ross-eyed MaryMan
over a year ago

Salisbury

I just do what the fuck i like on the road, and let Allah sort it out.

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Those big suvs and 4x4s scare me! UK roads are really too small for cars that big and they are more and more of them.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I'm too busy driving my own car to drive everyone elses.

I agree about non indicators tho...

When i'm in power they will be zapped. No second chances.

By *ingle Beds LassWoman
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

Or on fab "

Whilst drinking a latte....

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS
over a year ago

Plymouth

"I despise people on slip roads coming on to the motorway who are already doing 70mph and expect you to move lanes for them to join it...not today satan, slow the fuck down and join when theres a fucking gap if you read the highway code you'd understand that you're supposed to use the sliproads to match the speed of the traffic on the motorway and then merge into the traffic. If you can safely move into the middle lane to allow people to enter the motorway safely, why wouldn't you? Obviously if you can't you can't and then it's down to the person using the sliproads to adjust their speed slightly to enable themselves to merge into a gap. If there isn't a gap then people are probably driving too close to the vehicle in front of them.

You were doing well until that last bit about "if there's no gap".

The gap is there for my braking distance. If some wally thinks it's there to slide into then he/she has just cut my braking space in half!

Having said that I always try to move into the middle lane if possible when approaching a junction to keep clear of the human torpedoes coming off the slip road who feel they have shields up (esp if they have the indicator on) and are now invulnerable as they barge in."

Where else are you going to go other than into a gap in the traffic though? I hate the people who stop at the end of slip roads and then try and do a standing start into 70mph traffic, that's just deadly... If someone pulls into you braking gap you can either ease off or change lanes... As you said you try and get out of the lane to allow people the space to get on, which is what most courteous driver do as it keeps everything a bit safer and also aids the flow of traffic. But hey, if someone won't pull out and there's a big enough gap, I'm in it lol

By *lay 4 uMan
over a year ago

bolton

What's a slip road ? Acceleration lane

over a year ago

It is getting worse! Sometimes they even try to blame people who indicate as if we are in the wrong. It is becoming like a guessing game on the roads

#dangerous

over a year ago

Mine does .

Let the record show:

I am one of the ones who gets this guy and enjoy reading some of his posts

over a year ago

Its a new game invented by the DVLA to keep drivers interested.

over a year ago

I thought I had hit an animal and panicked

Then I realised it was only a cyclist... phew!

over a year ago

"I thought I had hit an animal and panicked

Then I realised it was only a cyclist... phew! "

yeah, i bet in reality you wouldn’t be smiling if you actually knocked some one off their bike

By *inglenfreeMan
over a year ago

london

That's because they work for Addison Lee. Trained to be irresponsible and never use signals,pull up in the middle of the road to let fares out rather than pull in and never ever give way or lt someone pass.

over a year ago

Non indicator use makes me so mad!

Sitting waiting to turn right, waiting for a car approaching from the right not indicating, then the fucker indicates AS he turns the corner, I could have turned way before had he indicated in good time, it was a 60mph road.

Not indicating, or not indicating in a timely manner holds up the flow of traffic.

Post new Message to Thread