Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Homemade Christmas

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do you get all crafty at Christmas, whether it be making your own decorations or creatively wrapping up presents with feathers and flourishes, or cooking up treats for gifts?

Last year I made raspberry gin, it was this beautiful deep pink gemlike liquid in carved glass bottles, and rather lethal! This year I’ve drawn pictures and got them framed, and next weekend I’ll be making some Boxing Day chutney for the lunch of cheese heaven.

What Christmassy creations and craftiness are you up to?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I bake a lot of stuff so I’ve got a busy weekend the weekend before Christmas baking the desserts for Christmas Day and cookies which have become a bit of a tradition in my family now

over a year ago

I make fudge- white choc and cranberry, biscoff, and choc orange.

over a year ago

My friends and I have a Christmas craft day every year. We all have kids now so it's mostly focused around them, this year we are making salt dough tree decorations and we got cups for them to paint to give their dads as gifts. I'm going to do calendar photo shoots to give to the grandparents.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I'm ready to jizz all over this thread in a really over excited messy way (and get ideas!)

I'm going to a wreath making workshop this week which will be wonderfully festive. I'm hoping my damson gin will have matured enough to be suitable for Christmas gifts to family and friends. I've made a huge nut and alcohol free Christmas pudding and I'm hoping to make some origami star garlands for the living room this week. My sister and I are making cranberry and white chocolate scones this weekend as well

over a year ago

I usually do something crafty..

Last year i made pomegranate liqueur which was delicious but lethal lol

This year I have made we

wreaths, a few things to hang on the tree and a stag with blinged up antlers (it is adorned with swarovski crystals)..its mostly the kind of stuff i make to sell anyway ..i just enjoy making things..

By *isslushWoman
over a year ago

wolverhampton

"Do you get all crafty at Christmas, whether it be making your own decorations or creatively wrapping up presents with feathers and flourishes, or cooking up treats for gifts?

Last year I made raspberry gin, it was this beautiful deep pink gemlike liquid in carved glass bottles, and rather lethal! This year I’ve drawn pictures and got them framed, and next weekend I’ll be making some Boxing Day chutney for the lunch of cheese heaven.

What Christmassy creations and craftiness are you up to?"

mother makes Jamaican rum cake and sorrol best part of Christmas for me

By *uzzy NavelWoman
over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

Watching Kirsty on TV gave me loads of ideas, with table centrepieces, but currently waiting to move so maybe next year I’ll be more creative...

Raspberry Gin sounds divine and presentation is all

over a year ago

"I'm ready to jizz all over this thread in a really over excited messy way (and get ideas!)

I'm going to a wreath making workshop this week which will be wonderfully festive. I'm hoping my damson gin will have matured enough to be suitable for Christmas gifts to family and friends. I've made a huge nut and alcohol free Christmas pudding and I'm hoping to make some origami star garlands for the living room this week. My sister and I are making cranberry and white chocolate scones this weekend as well "

Getting ones Allsopp on!

over a year ago

I'm completely broke this year, so I can't really do Christmas this year.

And as I can't really make anything I have enlisted the help of a friend/girl I went on a few dates with to help me make some small things for gifts.

This sounds like an awful made for TV Christmas movie.

over a year ago

"Watching Kirsty on TV gave me loads of ideas, with table centrepieces, but currently waiting to move so maybe next year I’ll be more creative...

Raspberry Gin sounds divine and presentation is all "

I’ve a bottle left over still *hic*

By *uzzy NavelWoman
over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

"I'm ready to jizz all over this thread in a really over excited messy way (and get ideas!)

I'm going to a wreath making workshop this week which will be wonderfully festive. I'm hoping my damson gin will have matured enough to be suitable for Christmas gifts to family and friends. I've made a huge nut and alcohol free Christmas pudding and I'm hoping to make some origami star garlands for the living room this week. My sister and I are making cranberry and white chocolate scones this weekend as well

Getting ones Allsopp on! "

It’ll be watching with Meli, next Christmas!

over a year ago

"I'm completely broke this year, so I can't really do Christmas this year.

And as I can't really make anything I have enlisted the help of a friend/girl I went on a few dates with to help me make some small things for gifts.

This sounds like an awful made for TV Christmas movie. "

Can I just remind you that you write beautiful poetry, and framing one would make a lovely present. Or if you’re feeling unable to use your own, selecting and scribing a specific poem you’ve found for someone and framing it would be special. You’ve got talents.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I am making decorations. So far I have made small caravans from felt, a VW camper, snowmen with scarves and car in a snow scene with a christmas tree on top. I am also making village scenes wrapped round jars with snow and a tealight inside.

That all sounds awful but I am very pleased with the results. My descriptions are rubbish

over a year ago

"Do you get all crafty at Christmas, whether it be making your own decorations or creatively wrapping up presents with feathers and flourishes, or cooking up treats for gifts?

What Christmassy creations and craftiness are you up to? mother makes Jamaican rum cake and sorrol best part of Christmas for me "

Yum!!

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Getting ones Allsopp on!

It’ll be watching with Meli, next Christmas! "

Apart from her slightly wanky comments - yeah! She is my domesticated wanky frippery goddess.

over a year ago

I bake and cook quite a bit so festive food is never in short supply.

I do skittles vodka, dangerous stuff in large quantities, I start doing silly stuff when squiffy.

over a year ago

What Christmassy creations and craftiness are you up to?"

Book marking for ideas.Xx

Jo.

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Getting ones Allsopp on!

Apart from her slightly wanky comments - yeah! She is my domesticated wanky frippery goddess. "

I've heard it told that you love a wanky comment or two...

over a year ago

Getting ones Allsopp on!

Apart from her slightly wanky comments - yeah! She is my domesticated wanky frippery goddess.

I've heard it told that you love a wanky comment or two... "

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

Yeah -I always whittle homemade pet dildo's from tropical fruits to give to my friends and family.

over a year ago

"Yeah -I always whittle homemade pet dildo's from tropical fruits to give to my friends and family."

Your friends and families’ pets are well catered to then!

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

"Yeah -I always whittle homemade pet dildo's from tropical fruits to give to my friends and family.

Your friends and families’ pets are well catered to then! "

I always like to care for those not able to speak up for themselves. The real gift is in seeing the appreciation in their owners eyes.

over a year ago

"I'm completely broke this year, so I can't really do Christmas this year.

This sounds like an awful made for TV Christmas movie.

Can I just remind you that you write beautiful poetry, and framing one would make a lovely present. Or if you’re feeling unable to use your own, selecting and scribing a specific poem you’ve found for someone and framing it would be special. You’ve got talents."

I haven't written in a long time.

And my handwriting is awful

Hence enlisting the help of said lady friend, she's very crafty.

over a year ago

ive lived in this house 4 years ,my previous 10 years , and the previous 6 years

hand on heart ive never put a decoration tree or even a card up

i dont do christmas

over a year ago

I watched that Kirsty allsop programme..

I wouldnt mind having a go at the snow scene window decoration ..

over a year ago

I generally make a large mess.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

My brother calls me the Christmas Elf

I bake and make preserves, and then make up little hampers for friends and family that I will see over Christmas. It often costs more in the long run than if I had just gone out and bought something, but it's a labour of love and my Christmas tradition.

I bake crackers for cheeses, soda bread for smoked salmon, gingerbread snowmen for eating and gingerbread stars for their trees, homemade mince pies and chocolate and cranberry muffins...

I make sticky red onion marmalade for cheese and meat, butterscotch sauce for ice-cream and banoffees, chutneys for salads and curries, and brandy butter for puddings...

I also make most of my own decorations each year. I forage trailing Ivy to wind along windowsills and banisters, Holly, Heather, Cedar and Fir to make centre pieces and wreaths, pinecones of varying sizes to dust with gold and scatter among the greenery, and custom make my own candles to suit each surface and purpose.

My tree is the only place I have tinsel or baubles, and a few precious miniature snow globes gifted to me over the years complete my decorations

By *utsidenakedMan
over a year ago

Dorchester

Three beautiful ladies coming to decorate the house and,make festive goodies, thier staying over, I've only one bed,watch this space

over a year ago

"Three beautiful ladies coming to decorate the house and,make festive goodies, thier staying over, I've only one bed,watch this space "

Cool story bro!

over a year ago

"My brother calls me the Christmas Elf

I bake and make preserves, and then make up little hampers for friends and family that I will see over Christmas. It often costs more in the long run than if I had just gone out and bought something, but it's a labour of love and my Christmas tradition.

I bake crackers for cheeses, soda bread for smoked salmon, gingerbread snowmen for eating and gingerbread stars for their trees, homemade mince pies and chocolate and cranberry muffins...

I make sticky red onion marmalade for cheese and meat, butterscotch sauce for ice-cream and banoffees, chutneys for salads and curries, and brandy butter for puddings...

I also make most of my own decorations each year. I forage trailing Ivy to wind along windowsills and banisters, Holly, Heather, Cedar and Fir to make centre pieces and wreaths, pinecones of varying sizes to dust with gold and scatter among the greenery, and custom make my own candles to suit each surface and purpose.

My tree is the only place I have tinsel or baubles, and a few precious miniature snow globes gifted to me over the years complete my decorations "

Sounds amazing!!

over a year ago

"I usually do something crafty..

Last year i made pomegranate liqueur which was delicious but lethal lol

This year I have made we

wreaths, a few things to hang on the tree and a stag with blinged up antlers (it is adorned with swarovski crystals)..its mostly the kind of stuff i make to sell anyway ..i just enjoy making things.."

The stag is beautiful, I can confirm!

Post new Message to Thread