Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Week 26 update

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Bit late lol

Been ok amazed was doin great then Friday had first few drinks since may yuk but meant couldn’t take night doses of painkillers and omg did I know it

Friend who slept over said I was quite loud and agitated when asleep and when woke my knee was bent and leg twisted so felt like my knee tore apart

After few days an full physio session went Xmas shopping Monday and walked 11,658 steps 5.67 miles so that is best done and felt like achievement back for physio review Tuesday hope it goes good lol

Anyways thanks for help, support an love through last 26 weeks an weekend marks 6 months since operation

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Well done OP, you've survived being stuck at home! Hope things continue to improve for you

over a year ago

"Well done OP, you've survived being stuck at home! Hope things continue to improve for you "

Thank you

Also forgot work Xmas party was Sunday lil sad and upset I wasn’t invited someone mentioned it but then msg me Sunday saying she was told not to invite me cos am off work yet when seen pictures 2 girls who on maternity for 12 months and have months before back where at party so felt a bit left out especially as hardly spoken to anyone from work and no one visited me in 6 months even when been at most depressed and dark place.

Probably why used forum and loved support been given an love meant so so much

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

That sucks, I’ve been off now for three months op, hope your ok. I’m recovering from radiotherapy (cancer of the throat)

I’ll never be the same I know that, walked into my friends butchers shop yesterday, he didn’t recognise me at first, then the shock hit him, lol

It’s not easy I know I suffer with spinal stenosis too so walking is very painful, I have a walking stick to help, but it’s still not easy !!

You show them all, get better and keep positive

If you need a friend to chat to, I am here ..

Don’t panic I don’t fancy men

over a year ago

"That sucks, I’ve been off now for three months op, hope your ok. I’m recovering from radiotherapy (cancer of the throat)

I’ll never be the same I know that, walked into my friends butchers shop yesterday, he didn’t recognise me at first, then the shock hit him, lol

It’s not easy I know I suffer with spinal stenosis too so walking is very painful, I have a walking stick to help, but it’s still not easy !!

You show them all, get better and keep positive

If you need a friend to chat to, I am here ..

Don’t panic I don’t fancy men"

Thank you so much

I have read your posts in past you been through so so much makes my silly operation seem dumb, your so strong and brave.

I’d be made up to have a friend and chat like you an I don’t care if fancy men or not your nice an that’s main bit

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Half a year dude, and I’m sure the worst is definitely long behind you and the next 6 months will be SO much better! Keep at it, you’re doing grand my friend!

over a year ago

Had physio session today and wow oh wow oh wow ??

Did my rehab exercises and each time he was made up how great I did em an looked, gave me dumb bells to do with em see if still steady and I was.

had a go on a mini trampoline ended a mini jog and balance was perfect how feet hit trampoline and how steady I was and again perfect.

Did single leg squats again excellent even on my operated knee.

FINALLY standing on step block on highest level hop off it onto floor on 1 leg first the good side 3 times all perfect (shows strength and control) then right operated side 1st time ouch and bad balance and shape, 2nd good jump an land then lost balance cos pain. 3rd good hop an land with perfect balance (told given 3 always as 1 bad, 2 semi to gain confidence and 3 brings together to realise strength and confidence that knee fixed.

Sooooo I have final session booked for 31/12/18 so can end year with successful completion and discharge from physio rehab.

Also he said cos strength (many ppl wouldn’t make the 3 jumps till later) I can start gentle running again which is wow my excitement nearly hit roof to be back out running after 1.5 yrs since Did the injury 2.5 yrs which led to damaged knee socket and constant pain an suffering and then me falling into heavy depression

Thank you everyone for the support an love 5 more weeks an am back to work. Much love to you all.

over a year ago

Thanks for msgs and stuff means lots

Found last few days tough again as emregab moves further the difficulty increases which is goood but pain has increased sharply

I know will pass when used to it but I want it now especially as feels close to end.

However that’s scaring the crap out of me no more support an help to know doing good job plus fear of goin back work and everyone just ignoring I had op anstuff

over a year ago

Thanks for the help and support people give both on here by msgs and on my other post about work party

Funny everyone keeps saying am fixed and stuff but I still struggle and fear they wrong but also excited cos I want them to be right Ano am a conundrum lol

Also my brains trying to forget was in shop yday an started dancing was ok but then pain as though my brain realised was doin something different lol

Post new Message to Thread