Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

When you have a shit day

Jump to newest

By *hxkes OP   Man
over a year ago

Liverpool

Tell me about the time you had a really shit day to make me feel better about my own.

I get out of work after a long shift and my car won’t start cos I forgot to get fuel in the morning. So I call my dad to drop some fuel off, put it in and it just wasn’t starting but I knew we just had to keep trying to get the fuel all the way around the system. Of course the battery went flat. I didn’t know anyone who had jump leads so I resorted to calling the AA and signed up for a membership and paid a callout fee totalling £106. So I’m sitting there wallowing in my misery waiting for these guys to turn up and after about 20 minutes they call me back. My MOT has just ran out so they won’t work on my car. Fuck my life. Ended up getting a lift home and a lift to work the next day paying some recovery guys £30 to get it going.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

You win

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Tell me about the time you had a really shit day to make me feel better about my own.

I get out of work after a long shift and my car won’t start cos I forgot to get fuel in the morning. So I call my dad to drop some fuel off, put it in and it just wasn’t starting but I knew we just had to keep trying to get the fuel all the way around the system. Of course the battery went flat. I didn’t know anyone who had jump leads so I resorted to calling the AA and signed up for a membership and paid a callout fee totalling £106. So I’m sitting there wallowing in my misery waiting for these guys to turn up and after about 20 minutes they call me back. My MOT has just ran out so they won’t work on my car. Fuck my life. Ended up getting a lift home and a lift to work the next day paying some recovery guys £30 to get it going. "

I've had days like this.

I can't make it better.

You probably handle these things better than me.

I can't take on too many hours in one week anymore at long commuting distances. I need hours to myself.

(No disrespect to career people/parents/mortgage people)

I can't cope with these things constantly every day for months on end.

Fair play to the people who can.

over a year ago

Turned up for work today and found the stock missing or damaged.

I can’t fit the bathroom as a result so it’ll have to be rescheduled.

That’s about 3k I won’t earn before Christmas.

Feeling better now?

over a year ago

"Tell me about the time you had a really shit day to make me feel better about my own.

I get out of work after a long shift and my car won’t start cos I forgot to get fuel in the morning. So I call my dad to drop some fuel off, put it in and it just wasn’t starting but I knew we just had to keep trying to get the fuel all the way around the system. Of course the battery went flat. I didn’t know anyone who had jump leads so I resorted to calling the AA and signed up for a membership and paid a callout fee totalling £106. So I’m sitting there wallowing in my misery waiting for these guys to turn up and after about 20 minutes they call me back. My MOT has just ran out so they won’t work on my car. Fuck my life. Ended up getting a lift home and a lift to work the next day paying some recovery guys £30 to get it going. "

I think you've got some things to learn about owning a car.

over a year ago

"You win"

over a year ago

The morning after I got home from my holiday this year I went to visit my mum in hospital.

Before I left for my holiday she was fine, so I was surprised to hear she had been admitted to hospital the previous Thursday.

She was drowsy, but still with it, in the morning, but no appetite and couldn't sleep.

We sat with her for the whole day and watched her deteriorate until the put her into a coma, so they could do an mri.

She didn't wake up and died early hours of Sunday morning.

over a year ago

I get out of work after a long shift and my car won’t start cos I forgot to get fuel in the morning. So I call my dad to drop some fuel off, put it in and it just wasn’t starting but I knew we just had to keep trying to get the fuel all the way around the system. Of course the battery went flat. I didn’t know anyone who had jump leads so I resorted to calling the AA and signed up for a membership and paid a callout fee totalling £106. So I’m sitting there wallowing in my misery waiting for these guys to turn up and after about 20 minutes they call me back. My MOT has just ran out so they won’t work on my car. Fuck my life. Ended up getting a lift home and a lift to work the next day paying some recovery guys £30 to get it going.

I think you've got some things to learn about owning a car."

over a year ago

"The morning after I got home from my holiday this year I went to visit my mum in hospital.

Before I left for my holiday she was fine, so I was surprised to hear she had been admitted to hospital the previous Thursday.

She was drowsy, but still with it, in the morning, but no appetite and couldn't sleep.

We sat with her for the whole day and watched her deteriorate until the put her into a coma, so they could do an mri.

"

I’m sorry. Xx

over a year ago

"The morning after I got home from my holiday this year I went to visit my mum in hospital.

"

Massive hugs to you lovely, not sure what else to say. Just take care and be kind to yourself xxx

over a year ago

"

Now THAT really is a shit day.

So sorry for your loss

over a year ago

I’m sorry. Xx"

Thank you. She was old and she went quick, which is what she wanted. No pain, just went to sleep x

Did I cheer you up OP?

over a year ago

So sorry for your loss "

Thank you. It was a very sad time, but she had had a long life and was ready to go to meet my dad.

over a year ago

So sorry for your loss

Thank you. It was a very sad time, but she had had a long life and was ready to go to meet my dad."

I’d like to think they’re happy now xx

Post new Message to Thread