Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Legally changing age

Jump to newest

By *harpDressed Man OP   Man
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

A man in the Netherlands has applied to have his legal age changed, on the basis that his true age was hurting his chances on Tindr.

Today, he lost, unsurprisingly, with the courts pointing out that if he could change it, 12 year olds would apply to be 18 so they could drive etc.

My question for you lot is what age could he claim? Different angles of pics and his beard tell different tales, but I think he'd struggle to claim anything under about 58 without losing credibility.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eerobCouple
over a year ago

solihull

I think this has come about as a result of people demanding that they can change their sex at the drop of a hat. If you can demand that having been born male? you want to be recognised as female then then perhaps its not unreasonable that if you are 50, but you want to be recognised as a 6 year old??? Perhaps I see the reasoning behind the argument???

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"I think this has come about as a result of people demanding that they can change their sex at the drop of a hat. If you can demand that having been born male? you want to be recognised as female then then perhaps its not unreasonable that if you are 50, but you want to be recognised as a 6 year old??? Perhaps I see the reasoning behind the argument??? "

You make a good point

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

As I understand it doctors had said his physiological age was lower than his chronological age.

The way I see it date of birth is undeniable and not defined by any physical, mental or physiological factor and it was right that his request was denied.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Oh and I think he should just claim the age he is and stop being ridiculous

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’d like to be a 199...I feel it most morning

By *harpDressed Man OP   Man
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

" perhaps its not unreasonable that if you are 50, but you want to be recognised as a 6 year old??? Perhaps I see the reasoning behind the argument??? "

I can see his reasoning, I just don't think it's practical.

On the plus side, it would really fuck up paedophiles - grooming a 12 year old, and an OAP turns up...

Post new Message to Thread