Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The Toy that drove you mad

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So what toy you or someone else has bought your child over the years has drove you to the brink of Madness, either noisy or just an utter twat to put together

My sister bought my son a Batman city scene type of thing a few years back. The air was blue while Mark put it together .It was all air powered with a minefield of tubes that made various things happen.9 hours it took him and I think the bairn played with it for 30 mins

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"So what toy you or someone else has bought your child over the years has drove you to the brink of Madness, either noisy or just an utter twat to put together

My sister bought my son a Batman city scene type of thing a few years back. The air was blue while Mark put it together .It was all air powered with a minefield of tubes that made various things happen.9 hours it took him and I think the bairn played with it for 30 mins "

Alexa!!!

over a year ago

i always make sure i buy noisy toys for my families kids . knowing they will be demented for weeks on end ha ha ha

over a year ago

"So what toy you or someone else has bought your child over the years has drove you to the brink of Madness, either noisy or just an utter twat to put together

My sister bought my son a Batman city scene type of thing a few years back. The air was blue while Mark put it together .It was all air powered with a minefield of tubes that made various things happen.9 hours it took him and I think the bairn played with it for 30 mins

Alexa!!! "

There was no such thing back then

over a year ago

Alexa!!! There was no such thing back then "

Oh are you talking years ago? Sorry

over a year ago

"i always make sure i buy noisy toys for my families kids . knowing they will be demented for weeks on end ha ha ha "

over a year ago

My sister bought my son a Batman city scene type of thing a few years back. The air was blue while Mark put it together .It was all air powered with a minefield of tubes that made various things happen.9 hours it took him and I think the bairn played with it for 30 mins "

Feckin Bop-it!! That had to mysteriously vanish on Boxing Day!!!

over a year ago

Scalextric!

It too hours to set up then you nan would stand in to or the cars wouldn't work.

over a year ago

And what's with toys that have 100's of screws keeping them attached to the packaging ... The cunts in the factory must be sadist's

over a year ago

Oh heck so many over the years, though I do remember buying my sons some of the micro machines and the vans that transform to roads. I spent hours sticking all the stickers all over them, many of them small and fiddly. Thankfully the boys did like them. X

over a year ago

Feckin Bop-it!! That had to mysteriously vanish on Boxing Day!!!"

Lol yeah great shout we had one that swiftly found its way to The Heart Foundation

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

[Removed by poster at 03/12/18 11:02:28]

over a year ago

"Oh heck so many over the years, though I do remember buying my sons some of the micro machines and the vans that transform to roads. I spent hours sticking all the stickers all over them, many of them small and fiddly. Thankfully the boys did like them. X "
Oh the times ive trodden on a micro machine almost as painful as a lego brick

over a year ago

"Scalextric!

It too hours to set up then you nan would stand in to or the cars wouldn't work. "

(gotta love ya nan's)

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I used to have a wee keyboard and the sample tune on it was "wake me up before you go-go" by Wham, that used to drive my parents nuts, I can still hear it in my head now

over a year ago

Operation . I realised I would never be a surgeon x

over a year ago

"I used to have a wee keyboard and the sample tune on it was "wake me up before you go-go" by Wham, that used to drive my parents nuts, I can still hear it in my head now "
Jitterbug

over a year ago

I can remember The Italian Job game for the old Playstation 1 we bought our son , we would go to bed with the constant sound of a police car siren in our heads and Michael Caine shouting "Put your foot down , Put your foot down we'll lose them easy"

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Rubiks Cube..... Aaaargh

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

Anal Intruder 5000

By *aven RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"i always make sure i buy noisy toys for my families kids . knowing they will be demented for weeks on end ha ha ha "

I do too. But I make sure they're noisy without batteries ha x

over a year ago

Mousetrap

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

Think this one might win.

Bought one of the kids an Amstrad CPC464 when they first came out, discovered you could not buy any games for it (was on the cassette format) so spent literally weeks, finding games in pc magazines and hand typing in all the codes that they printed for the WHOLE GAME, soul destroying it was

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

I remember when my sisters both got Furbys for Christmas back in the early 90's and I wanted to launch them out of the window by new years day

I do remember my Hornby train set being an arse to set up, but it was bought for me when I was around 7 so my dad set it all up, I just had to learn how to use it. Still got it all in boxes somewhere, hasn't been used in nearly 30 years!

over a year ago

"I remember when my sisters both got Furbys for Christmas back in the early 90's and I wanted to launch them out of the window by new years day

I do remember my Hornby train set being an arse to set up, but it was bought for me when I was around 7 so my dad set it all up, I just had to learn how to use it. Still got it all in boxes somewhere, hasn't been used in nearly 30 years!"

Oh furby's were bastards .

over a year ago

"I remember when my sisters both got Furbys for Christmas back in the early 90's and I wanted to launch them out of the window by new years day

I do remember my Hornby train set being an arse to set up, but it was bought for me when I was around 7 so my dad set it all up, I just had to learn how to use it. Still got it all in boxes somewhere, hasn't been used in nearly 30 years!Oh furby's were bastards ."

My furby creeped me out and I had to get rid of it after nagging for it for months

over a year ago

Rubik cube

over a year ago

"Rubiks Cube..... Aaaargh "

Yep totally!!

over a year ago

"Rubiks Cube..... Aaaargh

Yep totally!!"

Really pisses you off when these kids on the telly can do them in under 10 seconds, Clever twats

over a year ago

I'd have to say some of the recent Lego Techic sets simply because, whilst my son is quite enthusiastic about them he pretty much wants me to put them together.

Which I'm OK with, but they take hours and I end up with back ache from sitting in the same position for hours, lol

over a year ago

"i always make sure i buy noisy toys for my families kids . knowing they will be demented for weeks on end ha ha ha

I do too. But I make sure they're noisy without batteries ha x"

ooo that's super evil … I will have to remember that for next year ha ha ha

over a year ago

I always use to give friends kids drum kits for Christmas.

Best present.

By *an_LexaCouple
over a year ago

Sunderland

"Mousetrap"

A lifetime to set up and 3 minutes to play

I hated the Glitterator. You put a ring inside a dome which spun at “super high speed” spraying it with glitter. Yeah and my whole fucking house!!

Post new Message to Thread