Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

3 months off work, now bored

Jump to newest

By *tella Heels OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

So it’s been 3 months I have been off work with cancer, I am sooo bored now, I have decided to go back to work ASAP

But it’s still another week at least before I go back..

Meanwhile home alone and bored

Anyone in my area or passing through let me know you can pop in for a chat and coffee if you want lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Are you ready physically and emotionally to go back OP?

over a year ago

west here ford shire

Emotional yes no prob, physically I’m going to struggle as in my job it’s hectic and using my voice is a lot of the job..

over a year ago

"Emotional yes no prob, physically I’m going to struggle as in my job it’s hectic and using my voice is a lot of the job.."

Don’t over do it

over a year ago

"So it’s been 3 months I have been off work with cancer, I am sooo bored now, I have decided to go back to work ASAP

But it’s still another week at least before I go back..

Meanwhile home alone and bored

Anyone in my area or passing through let me know you can pop in for a chat and coffee if you want lol"

Can you do a phased return?

over a year ago

west here ford shire

Trying to, but in my job it’s very difficult

over a year ago

Generally if you have been off for a long time you go back on phased return.

Have you seen your workplace occupational health ? They make sure you are ready to go back and advise your workplace on what they can put into place to ensure a smooth return to work.

over a year ago

west here ford shire

I’m phasing in by doing 8 hour shifts instead of 12

over a year ago

Ok

over a year ago

Please be careful. My first day back after surgery, I did 2 hrs.

You forget about the effort you make getting ready for work, travelling to work & back. It does take it out of you.

I had a 3month phased return & I only work 7.5hrs per day. My Dr gave me a line for the 3rd month.

over a year ago

You need to speak to your GP and Occupational Health ... 8 hour start is too long!! You need at least a month's phased return and this is a legal requirement by your work!! If you would like some more advice I can help as this is part of my job

over a year ago

"You need to speak to your GP and Occupational Health ... 8 hour start is too long!! You need at least a month's phased return and this is a legal requirement by your work!! If you would like some more advice I can help as this is part of my job "

over a year ago

west here ford shire

"You need to speak to your GP and Occupational Health ... 8 hour start is too long!! You need at least a month's phased return and this is a legal requirement by your work!! If you would like some more advice I can help as this is part of my job "

I tried to mail you but I’m blocked

over a year ago

west here ford shire

"Please be careful. My first day back after surgery, I did 2 hrs.

You forget about the effort you make getting ready for work, travelling to work & back. It does take it out of you.

I had a 3month phased return & I only work 7.5hrs per day. My Dr gave me a line for the 3rd month."

Yeh I rushed back to work 4 days after surgery on my stomach last year, it made the wound weep, this lasted for 3 months having to wear a bandage until it eventually stopped!!

over a year ago

"You need to speak to your GP and Occupational Health ... 8 hour start is too long!! You need at least a month's phased return and this is a legal requirement by your work!! If you would like some more advice I can help as this is part of my job

I tried to mail you but I’m blocked"

Try now?

over a year ago

Would you give me some advice about return to work/phased return too ? I cant messege you though x

Post new Message to Thread