Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Be careful

Jump to newest

By *om cat 215 OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

Please when taking pictures by your car or bike cover your number plate as this gives so much information.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Ok

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Please when taking pictures by your car or bike cover your number plate as this gives so much information."
I will be OK

over a year ago

Does it?

Do tell, what information and how you'd get it?

By *om cat 215 OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

Reason I put this on was some couple said they was being stalked but just put a picture on with reg number showing, i messaged them and they said it's ok it's a friends, that's ok then for the stalker to turn up at a friend's house, was only trying to help.

over a year ago

I suspect you'll find the stalking started long before seeing a registration number.

The everyday joe can only glean a tiny fraction of info from a plate.

over a year ago

"Reason I put this on was some couple said they was being stalked but just put a picture on with reg number showing, i messaged them and they said it's ok it's a friends, that's ok then for the stalker to turn up at a friend's house, was only trying to help. "

Can you get the address then from a car number plate?

over a year ago

"Reason I put this on was some couple said they was being stalked but just put a picture on with reg number showing, i messaged them and they said it's ok it's a friends, that's ok then for the stalker to turn up at a friend's house, was only trying to help. "

You’re right OP. If you have unscrupulous connections, tracing someone from a registration plate is easy.

On Fab forums there is always someone trying to pull you apart to make themselves look good.

By *om cat 215 OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

[Removed by poster at 03/12/18 12:58:19]

By *om cat 215 OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

"Reason I put this on was some couple said they was being stalked but just put a picture on with reg number showing, i messaged them and they said it's ok it's a friends, that's ok then for the stalker to turn up at a friend's house, was only trying to help.

You’re right OP. If you have unscrupulous connections, tracing someone from a registration plate is easy.

On Fab forums there is always someone trying to pull you apart to make themselves look good."

Very true x

By *lsieWoman
over a year ago

where ever

"Reason I put this on was some couple said they was being stalked but just put a picture on with reg number showing, i messaged them and they said it's ok it's a friends, that's ok then for the stalker to turn up at a friend's house, was only trying to help.

On Fab forums there is always someone trying to pull you apart to make themselves look good."

Agreed x

over a year ago

Can you get the address then from a car number plate? "

If you're in vice squad yes

over a year ago

They can search using Google Street view. If your vehicle was outside your property when the pictures were taken thieves can use this when stealing to order.

You can ask Google to remove any image of you,your property etc.

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

Thought it was common sense ... mind you that’s thin on the ground here

By *raceytvcdTV/TS
over a year ago

mansfield

Can you get the address then from a car number plate? If you're in vice squad yes "

if you know a bent copper you can

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"They can search using Google Street view. If your vehicle was outside your property when the pictures were taken thieves can use this when stealing to order.

You can ask Google to remove any image of you,your property etc."

I live at Magee Court in Derby, I doubt anyone will be able to find my flat even after a Google search

By *rtraymondo76Man
over a year ago

Cheltenham

You can say that again. Not something they teach in school.

over a year ago

they can use the plates to clone cars, I.e they see a nice car then then go steal a nice car the same colour put your plates on and then shows as insured taxed etc and not report stolen they drive it to ferry port and it shipped out, only know this as happened to us on an new rs we brought and posted pics on the rs forum

Post new Message to Thread