Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Tell me there's an end at somepoint?

Jump to newest

By *eturn of the devil OP   Man
over a year ago

Plymouth

Hey guys and girls and everyone else, please tell me individuals get sick and tired of targeting you and trying to catfish you, at somepoint in there life?

PLEASE even if you don't mean it, ha.

I am continuously targeted soon as I come on by the fakes, but which they have verifications because it is a individual and im assuming a good number of the individuals friends they have made through here and the clubs, can Admin not chase the paper trail from the fake profiles, and then close any profiles which in turn have been verified by the fake them?

Once people have thrown out a verifications for a profile they have known, not to be true, have there ip address blocked?

It's relentless, but do I do enjoy the conversation, so I guess the look at silver lining and what not, i guess ?????x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

I have no experience of the behaviour you describe.

I wonder why you're being targeted.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Begging for attention possibly

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have not experienced it either.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'm not sure what you mean by fake or targeting. My advice is to report profiles that you genuinely believe to be fake and to not engage with them

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

I have to admit, I do feel a little sorry for guys who are catfished, but surely you get better at spotting themand learn to ignore or block? Just as women learn to spot the pic-hunting fantasists.

The verification thing is really becoming an issue though. I've seen some pretty elaborate verification chains (one by my former stalker which he laboriously crafted over a 6 month period, with multiple fake female, male and couples profiles all verifying each other, just to be able to contact me again without me getting suspicious). They just display their summary showing they've been verified by multiple people by meet, but hide the actual veris so you can't check to see if the veris were left by real people or by multiple fake profiles.

I've even been verified twice by people I've never met!! Because I host events, people will chance slipping a post-event veri in under the radar, hoping that I don't notice that they weren't actually there and verify them in return. Little do they realise how much time and effort I put into getting to know my guests and making sure I have the right mix of people

over a year ago

Plymouth

I should have gave more details so you would have a more clear understanding, my fault.

My little girl mum and her band have been using there own genuine account or a fake profile that they have verified etc and approach myself regarding potential meets etc.

For example, my childs mother had her friends birthday on the 10th of last month, but before asking myself if would I be able to have my daughther and not have work commitments, she had her friend use her account to arrange a meet with myself on that day in the hope I would lie to her saying I have other commitments, and choose a meet over my child!!!

She said things to me and I have the messages where she tries to continue with a conversation that I had been having with someone on fab,only for them to cancel, not a problem, but then to make up a lie as to why, stating they received videos from myself before thats why we stopped talking previously and ive sent her videos again, which is a lie, I had never even spoke to her friend before she made contact with myself this first and only time weve spoken.

It's petty and pathetic but it's the level I have to deal with on a daily basis, it's a struggle just being me as it is, let alone dealing with this all the time.

over a year ago

Plymouth

"I have to admit, I do feel a little sorry for guys who are catfished, but surely you get better at spotting themand learn to ignore or block? Just as women learn to spot the pic-hunting fantasists.

The verification thing is really becoming an issue though. I've seen some pretty elaborate verification chains (one by my former stalker which he laboriously crafted over a 6 month period, with multiple fake female, male and couples profiles all verifying each other, just to be able to contact me again without me getting suspicious). They just display their summary showing they've been verified by multiple people by meet, but hide the actual veris so you can't check to see if the veris were left by real people or by multiple fake profiles.

I've even been verified twice by people I've never met!! Because I host events, people will chance slipping a post-event veri in under the radar, hoping that I don't notice that they weren't actually there and verify them in return. Little do they realise how much time and effort I put into getting to know my guests and making sure I have the right mix of people "

Exactly this, very nicely put, ive got so much of it going on I couldnt put in terms like you have, thank-you x

Post new Message to Thread