Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Well the idea was pleasant

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Put some Christmas music on, get the decs down. Buy them a little tree each to decorate (I have palpitations if anyone touches my tree!) Box of Heroes opened Lovely day of putting them up and decorating the trees. Ahhhhh happy families it started out so lovely........

But no! WW3 has broken out. One touched the other one’s tree, a bauble fight followed hitting one in the face which they then stood on resulting in blood all over the joint. No plasters in the house (bad mother!) One ‘hates’ Christmas songs and keeps flicking over to paw patrol. The elf is sitting on the fucking shelf with a smirky grin on his face!

Anyone else or is just me!?

FML is it too early for gin?

Anyway. Happy December all you scumbags and maggots.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I'm just about to start the same thing. Wish me luck

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’m decorating as well today. I’ve got them out of the loft and left them on the floor that’s good enough right?

By *ischief ManagedCouple
over a year ago

manchester

That so sounds like us OP ours coming down later for decoration wish us luck too

over a year ago

"I'm just about to start the same thing. Wish me luck "

You’ll need it! I’ve already been on the phone to Father Christmas twice today

over a year ago

Sorry, I know you're probably after some sympathy but I just died laughing reading that x

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

"Put some Christmas music on, get the decs down. Buy them a little tree each to decorate (I have palpitations if anyone touches my tree!) Box of Heroes opened Lovely day of putting them up and decorating the trees. Ahhhhh happy families it started out so lovely........

But no! WW3 has broken out. One touched the other one’s tree, a bauble fight followed hitting one in the face which they then stood on resulting in blood all over the joint. No plasters in the house (bad mother!) One ‘hates’ Christmas songs and keeps flicking over to paw patrol. The elf is sitting on the fucking shelf with a smirky grin on his face!

"

Rubble on the double

over a year ago

"Put some Christmas music on, get the decs down. Buy them a little tree each to decorate (I have palpitations if anyone touches my tree!) Box of Heroes opened Lovely day of putting them up and decorating the trees. Ahhhhh happy families it started out so lovely........

Rubble on the double"

I did yelp for help but none has arrived yet

over a year ago

Is it bedtime yet

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"I'm just about to start the same thing. Wish me luck

You’ll need it! I’ve already been on the phone to Father Christmas twice today "

Haha

over a year ago

"

My 3 kids are at their dads this weekend which means I'm now in the middle of wrapping everything...and then have to decide which stuff to put in the cases to take away!! Got to bloody pack said cases then to try and hide it all!! Can see the wrapping getting done but the hiding can wait until tomorrow!!

So I would say.... NEVER too early for gin!!....pour me one while you're there!!

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Rubble on the double

I did yelp for help but none has arrived yet "

chase wasn't on the case

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

Sorry but this really did make me giggle

over a year ago

My 3 kids are at their dads this weekend which means I'm now in the middle of wrapping everything...and then have to decide which stuff to put in the cases to take away!! Got to bloody pack said cases then to try and hide it all!! Can see the wrapping getting done but the hiding can wait until tomorrow!!

So I would say.... NEVER too early for gin!!....pour me one while you're there!! "

Oh god. Not even started on the wrapping yet!

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

I was going to offer to help you with the balls but it sounds as if you have it covered x

over a year ago

over a year ago

So I would say.... NEVER too early for gin!!....pour me one while you're there!!

"

Would this be a bad time to mention were all done

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

Bloody Nora. Get the gin. Turn up the music and lock yourself in the kitchen. Leave them to it.

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS
over a year ago

Cornwall

meh... Go with the Gin

over a year ago

Would this be a bad time to mention were all done "

Yes it would

By *mp411Man
over a year ago

chester

Can’t give kids gin...........scotch is sooo much better

over a year ago

"Can’t give kids gin...........scotch is sooo much better "

Too late now. They’re fast asleep and I’m chilling

over a year ago

Yes it would "

well I best not then

over a year ago

Yes it would well I best not then "

Thank God I’m out tonight! Must remember to pop that mistletoe in my handbag

over a year ago

Merry Christmas OP!

I still need pics even if there is blood all over the shop!

By *reeMan
over a year ago

Paisley

Christmas is coming.

The goose is getting fat.

Here comes "Old Fatso"!

With his sackful of.....CRAP!!!!

over a year ago

"Merry Christmas OP!

I still need pics even if there is blood all over the shop! "

I know I know! You shall . May be tomorrow now though!

over a year ago

Yes it would well I best not then

Thank God I’m out tonight! Must remember to pop that mistletoe in my handbag "

"I Saw Mummy Kissing Santa Claus"

over a year ago

Yes it would well I best not then

Thank God I’m out tonight! Must remember to pop that mistletoe in my handbag

"I Saw Mummy Kissing Santa Claus" "

And all his helpers

By *ycra loutMan
over a year ago

york/Scarborough

My decorations are already up..."up in the loft" where they have been for the last 12 years

over a year ago

"My decorations are already up..."up in the loft" where they have been for the last 12 years "

Bahhhhhh

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

‘Tis the season to be jolly

Tra la la la la, la, la, la, la!

over a year ago

"‘Tis the season to be jolly

Tra la la la la, la, la, la, la! "

I’m always jolly Mr V

over a year ago

I had two rambunctious little ones run in my room at 6am and pulled my duvet off screaming “get up mummy it’s christmas tree day”

Little shits lol

over a year ago

"I had two rambunctious little ones run in my room at 6am and pulled my duvet off screaming “get up mummy it’s christmas tree day”

Little shits lol "

Haha. Dont ya just love em!

over a year ago

Get Christmas decorations out hand over to J and kids. Get a drink head for the bath put some music on loud ..... enjoy the pleasure. Go down stairs in an hour or two feeling relaxed to find Christmas decorations have been done

T in the bath ..... l owing where his place is

over a year ago

It's your own fault for giving them sugar. You should have kept the chocolate as a bribe for them when they have finished.

over a year ago

"It's your own fault for giving them sugar. You should have kept the chocolate as a bribe for them when they have finished."

Ha. Funnily enough neither of them are that bothered about chocolate. I managed to demolish most of them though. I now have a box of creme egg chocs. Whoever came up with the idea of sticking them in heroes needs shooting!

over a year ago

I'm in a similar position to you, OP except substitute kids for cats, and I have many. What is it about dangling tinsel and low-hanging baubles that cats find so fascinating????? One of them has just galloped up the stairs trailing a piece of gold tinsel with two others in hot pursuit and another is climbing up the tree trunk trying to boff the candy canes.

over a year ago

You’ll need it! I’ve already been on the phone to Father Christmas twice today "

I used to work for Royal Mail when my brother's kids were little and I actually DID get on the phone to Father Christmas when one of his eleves sent the eldest one a letter in Welsh!!

She got a letter of apology from "the man himself"

over a year ago

"I'm in a similar position to you, OP except substitute kids for cats, and I have many. What is it about dangling tinsel and low-hanging baubles that cats find so fascinating????? One of them has just galloped up the stairs trailing a piece of gold tinsel with two others in hot pursuit and another is climbing up the tree trunk trying to boff the candy canes."

I don’t have cats but I’ve seen a few funny vids on Facebook involving cats and Christmas trees/decorations! Seems they love it!

over a year ago

I used to work for Royal Mail when my brother's kids were little and I actually DID get on the phone to Father Christmas when one of his eleves sent the eldest one a letter in Welsh!!

She got a letter of apology from "the man himself" "

I change my mums name to Santa on my phone in December and text her to ring me when they’re being naughty .

#worstmotherever

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

Cancel Christmas. It works for me.

over a year ago

"It's your own fault for giving them sugar. You should have kept the chocolate as a bribe for them when they have finished.

Ha. Funnily enough neither of them are that bothered about chocolate. I managed to demolish most of them though. I now have a box of creme egg chocs. Whoever came up with the idea of sticking them in heroes needs shooting! "

So, the chocolate was for you

I don't mind one of the cream egg ones but any more is too sickly.

over a year ago

I change my mums name to Santa on my phone in December and text her to ring me when they’re being naughty .

#worstmotherever "

You should download a jingle bell ring tone and assign it to her name.

over a year ago

"It's your own fault for giving them sugar. You should have kept the chocolate as a bribe for them when they have finished.

Ha. Funnily enough neither of them are that bothered about chocolate. I managed to demolish most of them though. I now have a box of creme egg chocs. Whoever came up with the idea of sticking them in heroes needs shooting!

So, the chocolate was for you

I don't mind one of the cream egg ones but any more is too sickly."

Well ya know. It’s there if they want some

By *hyevernotMan
over a year ago

Here and there

This sounds like a very good idea. And it's never too early for gin. I'll be mainlining some after Xmasdecorationsgate.

over a year ago

#worstmotherever "

I think we've all done this!! Sadly mine don't believe in FC anymore so I don't have that to hold over them!!.... On the plus side it means I don't have to mess around with the whole elf on the shelf b*llox!!

over a year ago

#worstmotherever

You should download a jingle bell ring tone and assign it to her name."

Yes! I’m on it

over a year ago

#worstmotherever

I think we've all done this!! Sadly mine don't believe in FC anymore so I don't have that to hold over them!!.... On the plus side it means I don't have to mess around with the whole elf on the shelf b*llox!! "

I do love it all really to be fair. I’m worse than them! I think this will be the last year the youngest will believe. I’ve just always answered with “well I believe and I get presents” . Have to wait for the grandchildren next! I can’t have nobody believing!

By *orny IrishMan
over a year ago

Rural Wiltshire

"I was going to offer to help you with the balls but it sounds as if you have it covered x"

You can help with my balls instead.

over a year ago

it’s all about spending time with the family isn’t it

over a year ago

#worstmotherever

I think we've all done this!! Sadly mine don't believe in FC anymore so I don't have that to hold over them!!.... On the plus side it means I don't have to mess around with the whole elf on the shelf b*llox!!

I do love it all really to be fair. I’m worse than them! I think this will be the last year the youngest will believe. I’ve just always answered with “well I believe and I get presents” . Have to wait for the grandchildren next! I can’t have nobody believing! "

I think they say they believe for a few extra years to keep us teary eyed mums happy too.

over a year ago

#worstmotherever

I do love it all really to be fair. I’m worse than them! I think this will be the last year the youngest will believe. I’ve just always answered with “well I believe and I get presents” . Have to wait for the grandchildren next! I can’t have nobody believing! "

Oh god I'll be happy with a few years of no one believing!! I am in no way ready to have any grand children!!! lol!!. Although I agree when they are young and believe it's magical!! x

over a year ago

Wow. Draaamaaaa

Think it’s wine o’clock for you this whole weekend lol

over a year ago

#worstmotherever

I do love it all really to be fair. I’m worse than them! I think this will be the last year the youngest will believe. I’ve just always answered with “well I believe and I get presents” . Have to wait for the grandchildren next! I can’t have nobody believing!

Oh god I'll be happy with a few years of no one believing!! I am in no way ready to have any grand children!!! lol!!. Although I agree when they are young and believe it's magical!! x"

I’m not ready either! It’s a possibility though having a 22 year old

over a year ago

"Wow. Draaamaaaa

"

Oh yes. Friends arriving at 7 then I’ll be getting the baggy sweat pants and reeboks with the straps on and hitting it big time

over a year ago

"Wow. Draaamaaaa

Oh yes. Friends arriving at 7 then I’ll be getting the baggy sweat pants and reeboks with the straps on and hitting it big time "

Sounds like the perfect night.

Have a fab night x

By *otBunsHunWoman
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Put some Christmas music on, get the decs down. Buy them a little tree each to decorate (I have palpitations if anyone touches my tree!) Box of Heroes opened Lovely day of putting them up and decorating the trees. Ahhhhh happy families it started out so lovely........never too early for gin... Fill your boots lol.....I waited til my daughter was at her dad's this weekend and have spent my weekend off work so far putting up the tree... cleaning and doing laundry....I'm about to spend the evening wrapping.. I'll join you and have a gin or 3..chin chin lol

"

By *otBunsHunWoman
over a year ago

Yorkshire

[Removed by poster at 01/12/18 17:02:42]

By *otBunsHunWoman
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"

. lovely........never too early for gin... Fill your boots lol.....I waited til my daughter was at her dad's this weekend and have spent my weekend off work so far putting up the tree... cleaning and doing laundry....I'm about to spend the evening wrapping.. I'll join you and have a gin or 3..chin chin lol

over a year ago

Feel for ya slip a bit of vodka in there pepsi make it more entertaining

over a year ago

"Feel for ya slip a bit of vodka in there pepsi make it more entertaining "

Pepsi!??! Christ they’d be climbing the walls even higher!

over a year ago

"Feel for ya slip a bit of vodka in there pepsi make it more entertaining

Pepsi!??! Christ they’d be climbing the walls even higher! "

give each a paint brush get them to paint the ceiling while there up there

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"

We've just done this here, tree and decorations up and film on...the main plus point though was that surly teen slept through a large part of it

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

ive let my 6 yr old massacre the tree today will sort it out wen she goes back to her mum 2moro evening

Post new Message to Thread