Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Open University

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

To any stage 1 students out there - how are u finding it ?

I’m finding it difficult to get into the routine of studying after work cause I’m so knackered and all I want to do is sleep

Anyone got any tips on motivation????

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"To any stage 1 students out there - how are u finding it ?

I’m finding it difficult to get into the routine of studying after work cause I’m so knackered and all I want to do is sleep

Anyone got any tips on motivation????"

Why did you start the course?

over a year ago

Passion for my discipline kept me motivated.

As for essay writing I have the attention span of a gnat, so planning each step in short sharp blocks using mind maps. Post it notes, and set times helped me.

over a year ago

Why did you start the course?"

It’s something that’s been on my bucket list for years - the good news is that I can spend December revising and catching up so after New Year I’ll be raring to go

over a year ago

Why did you start the course?

It’s something that’s been on my bucket list for years - the good news is that I can spend December revising and catching up so after New Year I’ll be raring to go "

Ok is it to maybe improve your job?

over a year ago

No it’s just for me - no link to my work

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

I loved Level 1 OU.

If you can take advantage of the ‘holiday weeks’ to get ahead it’s a massive help. I was always a fortnight ahead at my most organised. It helped massively at tutorials and when it came to assignments. The 18 hours work they suggest you need to do per week is just a guide. Some people need less. Some more.

Try to think of it as a pleasure and not a chore.

Don’t even try to work when tired. Work out the part of the day you’re more likely to put an hour in. Prepare the workspace. Make a brew and get stuck in.

over a year ago

"I loved Level 1 OU.

If you can take advantage of the ‘holiday weeks’ to get ahead it’s a massive help. I was always a fortnight ahead at my most organised. It helped massively at tutorials and when it came to assignments. The 18 hours work they suggest you need to do per week is just a guide. Some people need less. Some more.

Try to think of it as a pleasure and not a chore.

Don’t even try to work when tired. Work out the part of the day you’re more likely to put an hour in. Prepare the workspace. Make a brew and get stuck in.

"

And have a friend to tell you “it’s ok, you got this”

over a year ago

Loving all the encouragement- thanks guys xxxxx

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

You can shag people at summer school

By *alking DisasterWoman
over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

I've done level 1, 2 and 3 at OU - have technically got a non-honours open degree, but never cashed it in.

What type of course are you doing? I can give you essay writing tips if it's similar to mine (social sciences).

over a year ago

"I've done level 1, 2 and 3 at OU - have technically got a non-honours open degree, but never cashed it in.

What type of course are you doing? I can give you essay writing tips if it's similar to mine (social sciences)."

Doing an open degree - stage 1 is Spanish and Italian - stage 2 and 3 will be Spanish and either Philosophy or Politics

By *alking DisasterWoman
over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"I've done level 1, 2 and 3 at OU - have technically got a non-honours open degree, but never cashed it in.

What type of course are you doing? I can give you essay writing tips if it's similar to mine (social sciences).

Doing an open degree - stage 1 is Spanish and Italian - stage 2 and 3 will be Spanish and either Philosophy or Politics "

I did a Level 2 politics module (now discontinued) and I loved it. Mostly

over a year ago

Well that’s my Spanish and Italian assessments done and sent & well before the deadline

Now just to revise everything done so far and then get stuck into new stuff next month

I’ve got my mojo back and really enjoying it again

over a year ago

"Well that’s my Spanish and Italian assessments done and sent & well before the deadline

Now just to revise everything done so far and then get stuck into new stuff next month

I’ve got my mojo back and really enjoying it again "

Thats great OP

I graduated from the OU in the summer with an BA (Hons) in art history..

Best thing i ever did and I'm really missing the discipline of studying already...

I might have to look at other courses for the new year!

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

"Anyone got any tips on motivation????"

Yeah -stop wasting tome on fab for a start

over a year ago

"Anyone got any tips on motivation????

Yeah -stop wasting tome on fab for a start"

It never hindered me

over a year ago

I’m in year one of the open uni and I’m lucky enough that my partner works full time and I study full time. Guess it must be tough if your working as well. I struggle to get motivated some times but then remember it’s what I have always wanted to do so I must get to my end goal. X

over a year ago

"Well that’s my Spanish and Italian assessments done and sent & well before the deadline

I’ve got my mojo back and really enjoying it again

Thats great OP

I graduated from the OU in the summer with an BA (Hons) in art history..

Best thing i ever did and I'm really missing the discipline of studying already...

I might have to look at other courses for the new year!"

What about a masters ?

By *haremoreMan
over a year ago

Manchester

After much hardship I eventually was successful in gaining my MBA with the OU. Stick at it.

Post new Message to Thread