Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

EastEnders episode...

Jump to newest

By *ifferent69 OP   Man
over a year ago

BRIGHTON, UK

I,m not usually a EastEnders fan.

But caught the midweek episode by chance.

They bravely played out the divisive subject of issues of alleged/ alligation of a serious sexual assault and the male and female prospective.

Equally must of been a tough scene to play out for actors too, full credit to them to.

Did any one catch it and have further opinions...

( warning moderators block the term 4@03...to be used in forum should you to add input)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Sorry, I don't watch Emmernation Enders, so I can't help you out on this one

By *ifferent69 OP   Man
over a year ago

BRIGHTON, UK

"Sorry, I don't watch Emmernation Enders, so I can't help you out on this one "
no nor do I normally just caught it flicking between channels..... Very controversial..

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I read a review of it and it sounded like they handled it really well. Thanks for the reminder, I want to record it on the Omnibus.

I thought the one they did of the knife crime funeral was really well done too.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Soaks quite often play out difficult story lives such as sexual abuse (more recently male in corrie), domestic abuse, death of a child, suicide homelessness, drug taking etc.

While I ding watch them often I can only see it as a good thing because they are very popular and so raise these issues as talking points across large sections of society.

Of late their impact has been more understood and the story linesuch more delicately played out.

By *ifferent69 OP   Man
over a year ago

BRIGHTON, UK

"I read a review of it and it sounded like they handled it really well. Thanks for the reminder, I want to record it on the Omnibus.

I thought the one they did of the knife crime funeral was really well done too. "

By *ifferent69 OP   Man
over a year ago

BRIGHTON, UK

"Soaks quite often play out difficult story lives such as sexual abuse (more recently male in corrie), domestic abuse, death of a child, suicide homelessness, drug taking etc.

While I ding watch them often I can only see it as a good thing because they are very popular and so raise these issues as talking points across large sections of society.

Of late their impact has been more understood and the story linesuch more delicately played out. "

yes well said..

By *ifferent69 OP   Man
over a year ago

BRIGHTON, UK

My opinion is has politacal correctness and individual fear of offending has become so constricting .That difficult subjects ,issues and debates can only have an airing on TV and played out in soaps? Is that not damming reflection of where we are as a society?

We can view opinions as long as the masses and establishment agree or approve?

Post new Message to Thread