Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Protection - who's responsible?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just interested to hear your thoughts.

If I've arranged a meet, I always have protection. More and more lately, I've had guys asking am I bringing some, I of course say yes, and they then say they won't bother bringing any.

I've no idea why, but that just annoys me. From my perspective, if I'm arranging meets, I have protection and bring it. Both parties do that, and we're covered.

Last guy I arranged to meet asked what type I had. Said he didn't like that brand, could I buy another brand! Cheeky fucker! Bring your own and we're covered!

How do you agree protection? Interested to hear your views.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I would expect them to bring whatever type suited them. If they forgot, then I have spares

over a year ago

I have a car full but i leave it up to her if shes happy either way

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

I always carry Durex extra safe.

I do not rely on the guy to carry his own.

Some do, some don't.

I look after my own health, first and foremost.

By *m3232Man
over a year ago

maidenhead

Myself the lady should bring it for her protection as any random guy could put a pin hole in it so it brakes and gets a easy bare back.

I would bring my own or happy to pay for hers as for me it’s about safety.

It’s those bits people don’t think about.

over a year ago

"I would expect them to bring whatever type suited them. If they forgot, then I have spares "

I agree with this, they should bring what they prefer. I always have them and its an eye opener how many guys turn up without any. Maybe they think they'll get lucky and hope the lady has none and says oh well, lets do it anyway. I'm not sure what the thinking is behind not bringing any, bit rude I think.

over a year ago

Both parties are responsible.

By *ddibleMan
over a year ago

Exeter Bristol Salisbury

I always bring my own and also carry none latex just in case, but it is a bit alarming when you turn up at someone's house and the first thing they ask you is did you bring condoms?

over a year ago

"Myself the lady should bring it for her protection as any random guy could put a pin hole in it so it brakes and gets a easy bare back.

It’s those bits people don’t think about. "

What about if she puts a pin hole in hers? Trust at some point has to be agreed doesnt it.

By *yvanwy black wild childTV/TS
over a year ago

Northwich

A good girl is all ways prepared and ready to cope with anything that comes her way

over a year ago

I always bring my own in a fresh packet, then offer them the choice between mine or hers.

However if hers aren't in a sealed box, then we open mine.

If I'm in a particularly playful mood, I'll ask her to pick one box out of 15 and then open three boxes at a time then ring the banker

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

I'd always bring some and would expect them to bring some too. I'd be pretty concerned if a guy showed up without having brought protection... Would make me wonder about his usual practices

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I have plenty, and always have loads in my "naughty bag" however I don't stock all brands and sizes so I would like to think the fella would bring his own!

over a year ago

Both parties.

Always look after you're own sexual health rather than relying on someone else to do it.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I'd always bring some and would expect them to bring some too. I'd be pretty concerned if a guy showed up without having brought protection... Would make me wonder about his usual practices "

I think that's my concern too.

over a year ago

Both bring your own it shouldn’t be upto just the one person.

over a year ago

You take your own regardless. That way you are always sure that there is nothing tampered with..

Piece of mind I suppose.

Mistress Amelia x

over a year ago

I just keep one on at all times just incase. As a young scout I way always told to 'be prepared'

By *m3232Man
over a year ago

maidenhead

"Myself the lady should bring it for her protection as any random guy could put a pin hole in it so it brakes and gets a easy bare back.

What about if she puts a pin hole in hers? Trust at some point has to be agreed doesnt it. "

100% right.

over a year ago

I always bring plenty I have Durex and Skyn

over a year ago

If it’s a social meet then I’d probably leave the protection and hope that if something does develop then they have some, this is probably naive but I don’t believe in packing in the hopes of something happening as it’s almost like presuming that a date is going to put out first time round.

If it’s a sexual meet then 100% I believe it’s the males priority to come prepared, obviously he may not come prepared “enough” so then it’s good to have back ups just in case there is round 2/3/4.

But overall I’d say it’s down to the Male.

By *ancsmale64Man
over a year ago

Rossendale

Always take with me on a meet, my responsability to look after my health and have regard for others.

Have had a joint profile where we clearly stated must bring own, but reckon maybe 50% didn't....ifijed them they got given one, but not asked back, if didn't like them they were shown the door...

Common manners and decency should prevail.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I have bad reactions to certain condoms.

So, I always have my own, but if someone I arranged to meet turned up without any, I'd not be impressed.

By *owhard007Man
over a year ago

leeds

All ways come prepared.

over a year ago

"Just interested to hear your thoughts.

If I've arranged a meet, I always have protection. More and more lately, I've had guys asking am I bringing some, I of course say yes, and they then say they won't bother bringing any.

I've no idea why, but that just annoys me. From my perspective, if I'm arranging meets, I have protection and bring it. Both parties do that, and we're covered.

Last guy I arranged to meet asked what type I had. Said he didn't like that brand, could I buy another brand! Cheeky fucker! Bring your own and we're covered!

"

I always bring a burly guy

over a year ago

If it’s discussed between you both there’s no issue is there

By *woPlusMore69Couple
over a year ago

Birstall

"Just interested to hear your thoughts.

"

Always ask them to bring their preferred brand but we have them if they 'forget'

By *ananas57Couple
over a year ago

lake ariel

I always have a few in my purse, and if I'm running low hubby will get me more

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I always bring my own and always check before a first meet if the brand I use (Skyn) are ok for them

over a year ago

It's everyone's responsibility.

over a year ago

"It's everyone's responsibility."
oh good can you provide mine for next meets, thanks in advance

over a year ago

I have extra safe in regular size. If they want something specific I leave it up to them.

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I firmly believe that we all should carry condoms, just in case we need them. I've always kept one in my purse since I was first sexually active and check the expiry dates periodically just to make sure they are still ok.

If a guy shows up without condoms then to me it shows an expectation of bareback sex. The meet goes no further as we are obviously not compatible on this level.

I have no preference on brand and no allergies so I don't mind whose condoms we use just so long as we use them.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's everyone's responsibility. I very rarely use mine, as the vast majority of the time the guy brings his own.

"ooh I forgot" doesn't sit well with me.

over a year ago

"It's everyone's responsibility.oh good can you provide mine for next meets, thanks in advance "

Extra small it is then.

By *offee with MilkCouple
over a year ago

Over the roundabout and then turn right.

We really don't see "I forgot" as a legitimate reason for not carrying any condoms to a meet.

over a year ago

I always have some I have latex sensitivities and usually discuss prior to a meet that I will bring my own. The are welcome to bring if they are latex free

over a year ago

It’s those bits people don’t think about. "

Yep. I bring my own and never use theirs. However if they don't bring any at all it's goodbye. I'm not a free prostitute.

over a year ago

Both. A male should always use a condom. But it's also up to the female to make sure he has one. And to bring her own condoms just in case he "forgot"

over a year ago

"It's everyone's responsibility.oh good can you provide mine for next meets, thanks in advance

Extra small it is then. "

damn you've been peeking havnt you

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

As Robbie Williams once sang....

"She's offers me protection, a lot of love and affection"

Translated: she brought her own condoms and I rogered her rigid

By *lim Jim 68Man
over a year ago

Guernsey

"I would expect them to bring whatever type suited them. If they forgot, then I have spares "

This covers all bases..literally x

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"We really don't see "I forgot" as a legitimate reason for not carrying any condoms to a meet. "

Had a guy recently running very late (apparently) who forgot condoms, apparently, and started demanding proof I was real.

Should've nipped into Boots before you were late and still over half an hour drive away, then!

That was the end of that prospective meet.

over a year ago

I always "want" the bloke to bring his own as it shows responsibilty ..... but I always then suggest using mine as I know when and where I bought them

over a year ago

"I'd always bring some and would expect them to bring some too. I'd be pretty concerned if a guy showed up without having brought protection... Would make me wonder about his usual practices "

By *olliPineCouple
over a year ago

swingers clubs

Everyone who wants to play safer should bring condoms.

If they don't; second thoughts about agendas and continuing the meet occur.

over a year ago

Responsible adults should bring their own.

By *udistnorthantsMan
over a year ago

Desborough

I provide my own but I always tell any guests coming to bring their own favourite brand and size of condoms incase they get to play

By *harlotte SometimesWoman
over a year ago

Leafy Warwickshire

Always have my own just in case. And they’re often not just in my naughty bag either.

over a year ago

I always make sure I'm stocked up

over a year ago

Conversely I never bring condoms to a social because I never expect sex after a social!

over a year ago

"We really don't see "I forgot" as a legitimate reason for not carrying any condoms to a meet.

Had a guy recently running very late (apparently) who forgot condoms, apparently, and started demanding proof I was real.

Should've nipped into Boots before you were late and still over half an hour drive away, then!

That was the end of that prospective meet. "

Good on you for not letting yourself be intimidated.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"We really don't see "I forgot" as a legitimate reason for not carrying any condoms to a meet.

Good on you for not letting yourself be intimidated. "

He was asking for pictures of me at the agreed place. I sent him a picture of my hand on my skirt with enough background to show what he needed, then blocked him. Nothing identifying/ compromising, no wank material.

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Both.

Can't believe in thus day and age it's still even a question, but some guys still need to be prompted.

By *eelouWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I say both as well. Heard some shocking excuses tho, worst was he couldn't afford them.. you get them free at any sexual health clinic (well up here in Scotland at least) so that's a total bullshit excuse.

By *hite1100Man
over a year ago

Hither Green

Both.

Any responsible, mature adult should value their health enough to use protection.

By *udistnorthantsMan
over a year ago

Desborough

"I say both as well. Heard some shocking excuses tho, worst was he couldn't afford them.. you get them free at any sexual health clinic (well up here in Scotland at least) so that's a total bullshit excuse. "

I was given a dozen freebies at my last check up so yes that's a bullshit excuse

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

My handbag is full of them

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I say both as well. Heard some shocking excuses tho, worst was he couldn't afford them.. you get them free at any sexual health clinic (well up here in Scotland at least) so that's a total bullshit excuse.

I was given a dozen freebies at my last check up so yes that's a bullshit excuse"

I was only given three at my last test

over a year ago

"My handbag is full of them "

?? what else is in your handbag or would that be a new thread? X

over a year ago

"I say both as well. Heard some shocking excuses tho, worst was he couldn't afford them.. you get them free at any sexual health clinic (well up here in Scotland at least) so that's a total bullshit excuse.

I was given a dozen freebies at my last check up so yes that's a bullshit excuse

I was only given three at my last test "

That's a bit mean

over a year ago

Both of us should have them. If the guy didn't, I'd be more than a little concerned.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

We are all responsible! I once met a guy who claimed he would lose his erection if he put one on. I didn't stay much longer.

over a year ago

I never carry condoms to a first meet....

It’s bad luck....

My first meets are usually at a hotel bar and if we have chemistry, we can move upstairs...

Now if we agree to have sex... I can go to the hotel gift shops and purchase some before we go upstairs....

over a year ago

Like yourself it would be discussed beforehand

over a year ago

Both parties are responsible, I take some so I know they're there and okay, the other person should have some just in case - can never be too careful.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"As Robbie Williams once sang....

"She's offers me protection, a lot of love and affection"

Translated: she brought her own condoms and I rogered her rigid "

Sounds a fair deal to me!

over a year ago

Good on you for not letting yourself be intimidated.

He was asking for pictures of me at the agreed place. I sent him a picture of my hand on my skirt with enough background to show what he needed, then blocked him. Nothing identifying/ compromising, no wank material. "

Love your style.

over a year ago

Both..... You take what you think you need... And hope that if she doesn't agree with your method has a different angle.... Either way it's important x

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

The Mafia

over a year ago

"The Mafia"

over a year ago

"We are all responsible! I once met a guy who claimed he would lose his erection if he put one on. I didn't stay much longer."

That can actually happen but there are meds that will counteract the effect, so still no excuse. You were quite right to call it off.

The "I'm allergic to latex" excuse is another one.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

It's the daft punk solution..we all want to get lucky

over a year ago

The Mafia.

over a year ago

I understand your reservations about performance being affected. But that does happen and I’m one of the unlucky few! Rather embarrassing when I was a lot younger, when it shouldn’t happen lol

Every brand and size tried, failing every time!

So it’s something I’m very up front about with anyone I encounter. Also because of this I prefer to play with the same person, for a longer period of time, rather than fuck every woman I meet.

Regular testing is a must also, for my own peace of mind. But also for anyone who might be willing to play but require proof.

I’m fairly new on here but understand there are rules and etiquette to play. This comment may even mean no play time but it is worth noting it does happen. It’s not for everyone but can be enjoyed in an open, safe and trusting environment, outside of a relationship when you know that’s the only person you’ll be with obviously.

Not everyone is a lying idiot on here, but do understand there are a lot of them. So tarring with the same brush may be the best solution for you. But you could be missing out

Happy fabbing regardless

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

We’re all responsible for our own safety so go prepared

over a year ago

"Both parties.

Always look after you're own sexual health rather than relying on someone else to do it. "

always.

over a year ago

I take my own, but I've always found that the ones I meet are prepared also. I've not had to use my own stash, as of yet.

over a year ago

This has shocked me!

People actually turn up without any??!?

I must be so naive!

Mr P has to take own as he struggles to get regular over his cock.

(I’m a lucky girl- he’s got girth that makes me smile).

Still shocked people are so selfish sometimes

It’s the knock on effect people don’t think about

Mrs P x

over a year ago

Simple answer : the only person we can rely on when meeting randomers for sex is ourselves! So if we want to be protected then WE must be responsible for our own protection!

Yes. The other person SHOULD be responsible too, but you already know you can’t always rely on them!

over a year ago

"This has shocked me!

People actually turn up without any??!?

I must be so naive!

Mr P has to take own as he struggles to get regular over his cock.

(I’m a lucky girl- he’s got girth that makes me smile).

Still shocked people are so selfish sometimes

It’s the knock on effect people don’t think about

Mrs P x

"

What is the knock on effect?

over a year ago

I always bring my own to a meet. Ultimately it's a matter of showing you respect the other person's health and also protecting your own.

That said, I do appreciate it when the lady I'm meeting also has condoms as it reassures me that she also takes care of her health.

over a year ago

Always bring my own as my sexual health is my responsibility

over a year ago

This

over a year ago

"I always bring my own in a fresh packet, then offer them the choice between mine or hers.

If I'm in a particularly playful mood, I'll ask her to pick one box out of 15 and then open three boxes at a time then ring the banker "

We buy boxes of 6 condoms per box. How often do you get through 6 condoms during the meet? Just asking

Mrs

over a year ago

"I always bring my own in a fresh packet, then offer them the choice between mine or hers.

If I'm in a particularly playful mood, I'll ask her to pick one box out of 15 and then open three boxes at a time then ring the banker

We buy boxes of 6 condoms per box. How often do you get through 6 condoms during the meet? Just asking

Mrs"

One one of my meets we got through five ... DAMN good meet that was

By *edoriartyCouple
over a year ago

Peterborough

I always have an old crisp packet in my back pocket, just in case.

M

over a year ago

Mrs

One one of my meets we got through five ... DAMN good meet that was "

Ha ha still one short to open an unsealed box

over a year ago

Mrs

One one of my meets we got through five ... DAMN good meet that was

Ha ha still one short to open an unsealed box"

*sealed

over a year ago

I am responsible for bringing my own condoms. I even have a packet of latex free

over a year ago

"I always have an old crisp packet in my back pocket, just in case.

M"

Ready salted?

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

I always bring my own, just in case they don't have any.

After all it is my health I am looking after.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

What about if she puts a pin hole in hers? Trust at some point has to be agreed doesnt it. "

So what if she does?

over a year ago

"I always have an old crisp packet in my back pocket, just in case.

M"

Also see, others uses of a bag for life.

over a year ago

Mrs"

Depends on how often positions change Always change condoms when switching from anal to vaginal as I'm a caring sort really

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Assume that you will take whatever protection you deem appropriate - and insist that others comply with yours and/or implement their own choices.

Some people are afraid of getting caught with condom purchase stuff, including packets, where they are cheating, so it does influence some away from getting their own!

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple
over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

The safest bet is to bring your own, latex free would be the best option given some have latex intolerance issues and a lube to compliment them free of glycerin and parabins as these can be troublesome to some people too.

Post new Message to Thread