Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

there's a time and a place

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

had an arguament the other night with my (male) fb.

he got in the car and as is normal, went to kiss me, which isn't usually just a peck on the cheek (if you get my drift)

but whilst i was waiting outside, i'd noticed across the road, there was a lad of about 8 or 9 sat with his dad in the car.

so i said to my fb, 'don't kiss me, there's a kid in that car there', the response i got was 'so ?'

hence the row that ensued - i feel that there is a big difference between a child seeing a man and a woman kissing and seeing two men kissing. that kids of a certain age shouldn't witness such things and then start asking questions of their parents.

he felt different and says i'm just 'uptight' with him in public. i said that wasn't the case and had it just been the dad in the car, i wouldn't have cared.

so his tact then changed to 'kids should learn early on that it's ok for two men to kiss etc etc'

i don't think it's a case of who's right and who's wrong here as i can see both sides, and it is after all passed, but i would be interested to hear other peoples opinions on it as a subject.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

if you didnt feel right about it he should have respected that.

There are different types of kissing though. i dont like to see anyone full on pashing in the street, be that a straight couple or a bi one.

in public i think quick kisses are aceptable

as for kids should learn, yes they should but its up to their parents to teach them, not random guys in cars

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

He's not respecting your wishes and is pushing his ideals onto you. I'd dump the guy quicktime.

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

i can see both side to the argument but i tend to agree with you,theres no need to flaunt it and when my kids where little it would certainly have raised questions,although we have always been open and honest about such things, at that age its a bit more difficult.

Has it is my now grown up kids have no prejudices at all that im aware of,just the fact that Mum isnt allowed to have a sex life lol

over a year ago

Im with you on this one xxx

If the boy had been older no probs but as he was so young it dosnt just make the adult feel uncomfatable it confuses the child.

weve got little ones and older ones, if the older ones had seen a kiss it wouldnt of botherd them. little ones are differnt as they are easily confused.

Yes some kids can take things in their stride but some cant.

As adults it wouldnt of made any difference to us ( it would actuly turn me on mrs) but we are very protective of our children xxxx

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

My mum used to buy and sell horses for a living and most of the male riders she had working for her were gay. So from a young age I was surrounded by gay men. Then in my teens my mum and dad would let me go to gay clubs with them as they thought I was safer in that enviroment.

So from about 11 I saw men kissing each other and never questioned it I thought it was normal for 2 men to kiss. I think it is normal any how to be gay I mean we were not made to be the same if we were what a boring world it would be.

However my dad did have a problem with it so of course there are parents who would think differently to other parents.

over a year ago

Do you know this post show me what a lovely man you are .......... you was thinking of others before yourself ... if you felt that way why not say if your FB thinks alot for you he will see what i see a man thinking of other people and there feelings. xx

over a year ago

I personally am not keen on overt display of affection in public.

It makes me uncomfortable watching it, hence I don't like to do it myself.

In this day and age, it should no longer be taboo for two gents to display signs of affection in public.

We see more and more families consisting of two fathers.

However, prejudices against bi or homosexuality are still about, even in the swinging world and on FAB.

I too would agree with the OP to respect the naivety of the young and to act cautiously in front of them.

Like swearing, I make a conscious effort not to swear in front of a child.

over a year ago

"My mum used to buy and sell horses for a living and most of the male riders she had working for her were gay. So from a young age I was surrounded by gay men. Then in my teens my mum and dad would let me go to gay clubs with them as they thought I was safer in that enviroment.

So from about 11 I saw men kissing each other and never questioned it I thought it was normal for 2 men to kiss. I think it is normal any how to be gay I mean we were not made to be the same if we were what a boring world it would be.

However my dad did have a problem with it so of course there are parents who would think differently to other parents. "

like your mum i have been in the showing world of horses years and yes alot are bi and gay and i get to stay weeks at shows in summer and spend time with them at there lorrys and after show partys and thay are some of the most lovely sexy men you would come across . My own girls from 8 have been with me and think nothing of it all just see them as lovely men who can ride and jump well.And we get to here all sorts of storys , lol

over a year ago

It's not a question of whether it's right or wrong for two people, gay or otherwise, to kiss in public in front of children or not. It's about how the OP felt about it personally and that his FB wasn't respectful of his _iews.

I maintain that his FB is being very pushy and that issue needs to be addressed as the OP is clearly uncomfortable being coerced into doing something he's uncomfortable with.

over a year ago

people should always respect your reasons and _iews

personally if someone wasnt happy with it and carried on i wouldnt meet again

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

This is a difficult one as I believe that children should see society as it is in this country, and that includes two men kissing. Homosexuality is not illegal in the UK and is more and more accepted. Hiding it away won't help that.

However, the OP was uncomfortable with it, and as it was in his car, the FB should respect his wishes.

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Whilst respecting the OP's opinion and feelings, kids today are subject to such things on soaps regularly.

But agree your turf, your rules and you shouldn't feel uncomfortable

over a year ago

"Whilst respecting the OP's opinion and feelings, kids today are subject to such things on soaps regularly.

"

yeah but you've seen him anyway and ya wanna bonk him, so ur bound to take his side

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"Whilst respecting the OP's opinion and feelings, kids today are subject to such things on soaps regularly.

yeah but you've seen him anyway and ya wanna bonk him, so ur bound to take his side "

True, but read the second bit of my post

over a year ago

yeah but you've seen him anyway and ya wanna bonk him, so ur bound to take his side

True, but read the second bit of my post"

and you think i don't spot lip service when i see it ?

over a year ago

True, but read the second bit of my post"

Shhhh... Dont diss the progress...

Its taken him this long to get past drooling over yer avatar... and notice the writingy bit...

I would not stay with someone who wanted me to be the person they wanted me to be...;-)

over a year ago

I wouldnt have worried about the kid. When my son was living in london he said he used to see men kissing each other all the time, kids these days see a lot worse things than two men kissing on the television.

over a year ago

"... kids these days see a lot worse things than two men kissing on the television."

And on films and games etc...

over a year ago

evesham

"I wouldnt have worried about the kid. When my son was living in london he said he used to see men kissing each other all the time, kids these days see a lot worse things than two men kissing on the television."

but its not their decision as to what a child that is not their own should be seeing and shouldnt be seeing surely?

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

True, but read the second bit of my post

and you think i don't spot lip service when i see it ? "

Oh and I could give lip service

over a year ago

"I wouldnt have worried about the kid. When my son was living in london he said he used to see men kissing each other all the time, kids these days see a lot worse things than two men kissing on the television.

but its not their decision as to what a child that is not their own should be seeing and shouldnt be seeing surely?"

But its not against the law for two men to be kissing is it? My son was on his way home from work when he saw some kids with a dog, then they started kicking it.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

my boys,7 and 11 know what homosexuality is(in terms of when its 2 ladies or 2 men love each other and get married).They have been taught it is perfectly normal...so if it was my child,i wouldnt be bothered.

However,you were uncomfortable.That is what matters, and your fb needs to respect that.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

If you werent comfortable with it then you where right. Personally i dont like to see full on tongues down throat kissing in public from anyone male/male female/male female/female.

The childs parent may not be as open minded as some of us on here and might not wanted to explain it to his son.

over a year ago

evesham

"I wouldnt have worried about the kid. When my son was living in london he said he used to see men kissing each other all the time, kids these days see a lot worse things than two men kissing on the television.

but its not their decision as to what a child that is not their own should be seeing and shouldnt be seeing surely?

But its not against the law for two men to be kissing is it? My son was on his way home from work when he saw some kids with a dog, then they started kicking it. "

no one has said its against the law, i just feel that any passionate kissing (such as the OP inferred to) between anyone is inappropriate in front of children.

i also feel that it is not for other people to educate someone elses kids just because they feel it is 'accepted' in todays society.

over a year ago

He should respect your _iews

I hate to see public displays of affection IE people of ANY sexuality snogging the face off eachother in pubs etc

Holding hands and an odd peck then yes

And of course where likeminded people meet swingers clubs etc then yes no problem

BUT having a snog in a car even in the situation you describe I really can't see a problem in this day and age

But as I said he should respect that you do xx

over a year ago

Your abolutely right, good on you.

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"This is a difficult one as I believe that children should see society as it is in this country, and that includes two men kissing. Homosexuality is not illegal in the UK and is more and more accepted. Hiding it away won't help that.

However, the OP was uncomfortable with it, and as it was in his car, the FB should respect his wishes."

over a year ago

"If you werent comfortable with it then you where right. Personally i dont like to see full on tongues down throat kissing in public from anyone male/male female/male female/female.

The childs parent may not be as open minded as some of us on here and might not wanted to explain it to his son. "

Same here...I don't think it's necessry to put on a live show regardless of gender, and I personally don't like it.

I can't say I'm surpsied by the "don't worry about the kid" attitude of some on here. I wouldn't be French kissing in front of my own kids, and they're adults, so I most certainly wouldn't do it in front of someone elses...but hey, that's just me.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

people slobbering over each other in public... gives me the ebby jeebies....

whether they both have cocks, vaginas or one of each.

if they both have one of each.. I take pictures and sell them on.

over a year ago

we british are all prudes its the year 2012 wake up !! times have changed .fuck the french kiss each other male or female.

over a year ago

"we british are all prudes its the year 2012 wake up !! times have changed .fuck the french kiss each other male or female. "

We're on a swinging site seeking sex with strangers - I'd hardly call that prudish behaviour.

However, some of us have a sense of decorum, and don't think it appropriate to "offend" children.

over a year ago

evesham

"we british are all prudes its the year 2012 wake up !! times have changed .fuck the french kiss each other male or female. "

but there is kissing and kissing....

pretty sure the french dont full on snog each other all the time

over a year ago

As the tile says really

Post new Message to Thread