Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Breeders 3

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I don't think it's appropriate to cap someone's benefits dependant on the size of their family when they fell on hard times, thus depriving them of the opportunity to expand their family, and depriving them of support for any extra children that they subsequently have. It's not the new child that will suffer, as any existing capped benefit will take food out of the mouths of the entire family. To have a capping rule it would have to apply to ALL families, not just the idle who have no intention of working to support their ever expanding brood, as they'll continue to expand regardless of any laws introduced to try and dissuade them from doing so.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Surreysensual's post near the end of the Breeders 2 thread was very good. It's probably not appropriate for me to copy and paste it into here.

I agree with Surrey that you should not attempt to deal with this issue in isolation, the 'workshy' or 'breeders' (as this debate has labelled them) are not the only 'bleeders' of our society.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Surreysensual's post near the end of the Breeders 2 thread was very good. It's probably not appropriate for me to copy and paste it into here.

I agree with Surrey that you should not attempt to deal with this issue in isolation, the 'workshy' or 'breeders' (as this debate has labelled them) are not the only 'bleeders' of our society. "

+ 1

By *lutandhubbyCouple
over a year ago

west midlands

following on from the last thead, next you will all want to bring back hanging!. cant beleve the narrow minded people on this site! ! ! ! !

over a year ago

This subject has generated 3 separate threads? Thats gotta b sort of forum record

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"This subject has generated 3 separate threads? Thats gotta b sort of forum record"

Nowhere near.

Evidently a popular thread theme.

over a year ago

"This subject has generated 3 separate threads? Thats gotta b sort of forum record"

Only "would you threads" have attracted more attention than this subject

(just adding humour folks)

over a year ago

"This subject has generated 3 separate threads? Thats gotta b sort of forum record

Nowhere near.

Evidently a popular thread theme."

well i followed some of it so i know it got alot of peoples backs up...passionate lot our forumite crowd

over a year ago

"We have read this thread with interest, and agree with both the Ops and many other peoples posts regarding people who CHOSE to have children whilst not having the means to support them.

i KNOW that many people find themselves through no fault of their own having to claim benefits, and do not begrudge these people at all - like they say "there but for the grace of god go i".

However, i have strong objections to paying out to people who make a CHOICE to go on to have more children when they are already not in a position to support them.

My view is that if you have to go on benefts that state should pay you for the size of the family you have, untill you get back on your feet, but if you then extend that family you get nothing else.

If either of use asked our emplyers for a rise just because we had chosen to concieve we would be laughed at.

If you CHOOSE to have a child when you have no income to support them, you are CHOOSING to deprive and neglect that child."

This is a post made by SensuousStaffsCpl on the previous thread.

A total thumbs up with their view

over a year ago

"We have read this thread with interest, and agree with both the Ops and many other peoples posts regarding people who CHOSE to have children whilst not having the means to support them.

i KNOW that many people find themselves through no fault of their own having to claim benefits, and do not begrudge these people at all - like they say "there but for the grace of god go i".

However, i have strong objections to paying out to people who make a CHOICE to go on to have more children when they are already not in a position to support them.

My view is that if you have to go on benefts that state should pay you for the size of the family you have, untill you get back on your feet, but if you then extend that family you get nothing else.

If either of use asked our emplyers for a rise just because we had chosen to concieve we would be laughed at.

If you CHOOSE to have a child when you have no income to support them, you are CHOOSING to deprive and neglect that child.

A total thumbs up with their view "

Also agree with their viewpoint.

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"....

I agree with Surrey that you should not attempt to deal with this issue in isolation, the 'workshy' or 'breeders' (as this debate has labelled them) are not the only 'bleeders' of our society. "

It's hard enough for folk to stay on track dealing with just one aspect, never mind opening up the whole ball park.

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

[Removed by poster at 31/12/11 00:03:57]

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

Certainly polarised viewpoints. Fascinating.

People avidly for controlling benfits to breeders.

People avidly for breeding away, and drawing benefits, as they wish.

People for censoring this topic ( whatever next? ) by seeking closure of the threads.

People for querying why the threads were started, or why others exercise the right to post or ignore.

People who are generally critical of such threads rarely starting their own in a positive light.

What do i know.

*typo*

over a year ago

If you CHOOSE to have a child when you have no income to support them, you are CHOOSING to deprive and neglect that child.

Also agree with their viewpoint. "

I completely agree. You won't go out and buy a new house when you've just lost your job so why have additional children you can't afford. It means everyoneelse pays more taxes, more public sector jobs cuts, less money to spend on new cancer treatments, fewer armoured vehicles for troops etc etc. It is the same pot and it's not unlimited.

over a year ago

We should not judge anyone…… or is that part of the problem which has contributed to this situation?

I remember my eldest brother being sat down by my parents discussing how they didn’t want their first grandchild to be a bastard. He’d been living with his partner for 2-3 years at the time she fell pregnant. Their plans were to marry one day, but for now wanted to spend their money on other things…. that soon changed.

Their attitudes seem so outdated now, yet it really isn’t that long ago that families did worry about how to hide the bastard. Regardless of class there was a shame to having one child let alone 3 or 4. Young men new they would be pressurised into ‘doing the right thing’ and young women knew they would be shunned by the community and possibly their own family if he didn’t.

It wasn’t that long ago that an unmarried mother who persisted in getting knocked up by different men would very possibly have found herself being committed to an asylum.

As a teen my friends and I were scared shitless of getting pregnant before marriage. None of us thought it was an ‘option’ on the career map.

Today if we met a young woman who had 4 kids from 3 (possibly 4 but she’s not sure) fathers, would we even be shocked?

The above is in no way a suggestion of a solution… besides most of the asylums were closed by the early 90’s. Sometimes you need to study an illness holistically to find a cure…. that’s just an analogy by the way.

over a year ago

and the wooden spoon goes to .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

over a year ago

Is it a chef?

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple
over a year ago

Lisburn

"and the wooden spoon goes to ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... "

me did i win a prize

over a year ago

"and the wooden spoon goes to .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

me did i win a prize "

yeah a bit pot lol

over a year ago

Big

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple
over a year ago

Lisburn

"Big"

aww cheers. i think i'll pass it on to you, dont need anymore pots

over a year ago

"Is it a chef?"

you physhic

over a year ago

Can I have cheese on toast please?

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"Can I have cheese on toast please? "

Welsy rarebits aren't as rare as they would have you believe.

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

ffs Welsh

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"We should not judge anyone…… or is that part of the problem which has contributed to this situation?

I remember my eldest brother being sat down by my parents discussing how they didn’t want their first grandchild to be a bastard. He’d been living with his partner for 2-3 years at the time she fell pregnant. Their plans were to marry one day, but for now wanted to spend their money on other things…. that soon changed.

Their attitudes seem so outdated now, yet it really isn’t that long ago that families did worry about how to hide the bastard. Regardless of class there was a shame to having one child let alone 3 or 4. Young men new they would be pressurised into ‘doing the right thing’ and young women knew they would be shunned by the community and possibly their own family if he didn’t.

It wasn’t that long ago that an unmarried mother who persisted in getting knocked up by different men would very possibly have found herself being committed to an asylum.

As a teen my friends and I were scared shitless of getting pregnant before marriage. None of us thought it was an ‘option’ on the career map.

Today if we met a young woman who had 4 kids from 3 (possibly 4 but she’s not sure) fathers, would we even be shocked?

The above is in no way a suggestion of a solution… besides most of the asylums were closed by the early 90’s. Sometimes you need to study an illness holistically to find a cure…. that’s just an analogy by the way.

"

from breeders 2.

no turner prize,this year again,my mam will be most disappointed.

as for the wind up,every original post,is set to provoke,discussion and debate,hence a wind up.it's ok you'll know the next time.

devils advocate,is the politest expression i could use,for someone who has been the original poster on this very subject,at least 3 times to my knowledge.

perhaps your above post,explains your stance on this issue,personal circumstances,have polarised your attitude,and opinions.

only a fool,or a benefits cheat would condone,having children,to increase the benefits they receive.

anyone cheating the system,should be sought out,and punished,it's not a hardy,they are cheating everybody.

my main problem,with these posts are.

benefit cheats,cost the country a mere fraction,by comparison,with banks,and big corporations.operating in this country,who evade tax.they are the big problem.

example,barclays bank,last year made eleven point one billion pounds profit ,they paid less than two hundred million pounds in tax,whats that less than,point zero zero two per cent tax.hmmmmm

the banks have put the world on the edge of collapse,yet in britain this year,they paid in the region of nine billion pounds in bonuses.

benefit cheats,are without doubt a problem,but pale into insignificance by comparison.

yet polo,never have i opened a post,where you are the original poster,bemoaning this fact.

the most worrying factor,on this thread is,you are obviously,a highly intelligent person,who adheres to the scapegoat culture,it's scary.

By *ones_BoothCouple
over a year ago

Solihull

what ever you want in life you should fund it yourself

x

over a year ago

Saucy there has been numerous threads in the past about the banks, Corporate Britain and their contribution. Those debates did not cover this issue. I agree with a lot of what you've said and believe the overall 'solution' to the original Ops question should involve Corporate Britain.

I don't however agree with your inference that we should in any way shy away from discussing what you yourself ackowledge to be a problem.

Polo is simply asking the question 'how do you penalise the irresponsible without penalising the innocent'.

Your obviously a clever guy so why don't we try and come up with possible solutions rather than 'shooting the messenger'.

The problem exists whatever our view of it is.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Is it a chef?

you physhic"

Fyeshick ? Gish a shpoooooooon.....

over a year ago

One other point, unless I am mistaken we are not discussing benefit cheats here, the people the thread refers to as 'breeders' are not breaking any laws or cheating.

This, in my opinion, small minority are choosing an option the system makes available.

I know some may find my wanting to clarify this as being a little pedantic, but tarring larger sections of those claiming benefits with the cheating brush suggests that it's ALL their fault and that the system and environment have little to do with it. This only leads to overly zealous attacks on the welfare system.

over a year ago

There are indeed many other issues in the country or world even… and many have had their own dedicated threads. I do not believe the breeders are the biggest or only drain on our Society, just as I don’t believe “what are you having for dinner tonight” will be the only meal a person has or a thread on football means there are no other sports in the world. It’s a subject, one of a possible million or so. I could have started a thread on the rising number of HIV cases in middle aged heterosexuals… it doesn’t mean there are not other groups who are seeing rising numbers of sexually transmitted diseases or that there are not greater threats to the health of the nation… it would just be too much to try to discuss all of them in one thread.

Because a problem, and yes I do see it as a problem, isn’t the biggest, the worst, the most costly… does it mean we should ignore it? Personally, I think turning a blind eye is part of the problem for this and many other social issues. “What about the bankers” some say… it’s that just diversionary tactics.

The cycle increases in numbers with every new generation…. how big should the problem be before it is justifiably discussed and addressed?

There is a minority mindset, yet a growing attitude, that the system should not only be there for those who try and fall, to help them back to their feet, but also for those who don’t even try to get their arse off the sofa. Those who excuse themselves from even trying by twisting the ramblings of so called ‘expert’ they saw on the news. Those who feel they can act irresponsibly and Giro can foot the bill.

It’s not a simple problem to solve. It will certainly take more than revamping milk tokens. I do not believe it is one that this or any subsequent government will be able to resolve fairly on its own…. because this is about breaking cycles, changing mindsets and adjusting the moral compass of a growing statistic within our society. Society is never fix by governments alone.

over a year ago

Couldn't it be argued that our society is breaking down at all levels: our bankers are shafting the country without a thought for those affected by their actions; youngsters are being thrown on the scraphead in their millions and so resort to the only thing they can to get by - the welfare state - or crime; our soldiers are being holed up in squalid conditions before being shipped out to risk life and limb abroad at an expense we can no longer afford; our police force is at breaking point as are our prisons; the NHS is creaking like an old man about to buckle under a weight it cannot carry much further; the price of food is rising as is the price of fuel but nobody seems to be willing to recognise that when it reaches a point where the average joe is faced with the choice of feeding his family or heating his home that widespread demonstration and/or riots will be the inevitable result; our little island is being deluged with foreigners who come here forearmed via information gained in their country of origin about how best to claim from our extremely generous benefits system - often more forearmed than British nationals who don't know what they can claim for.

Yes, it would be fair to say that the British Empire is in it's dying throes and we have to either adapt to our new place in this world or we will find ourselves fighting off those who circle us like vultures waiting to feed on the carcass of what was once a great and powerful country. And some of those vultures are home-grown.

over a year ago

Children should be brought into the world because they are loved and wanted and not as a means to gaining more cash from the benefit system

I myself am on benefits and unfortunately I shall be for the rest of my life as I am disabled, so I am not here to bash those that are.

Like myself some are on benefits through no fault of their own and most look hard to find employment, some with children and some without, others as we know have never done a days work and never intend to and I believe these are the people that the original OP and the 3 threads are mainly referring to, now I don't believe in forced sterilization, forced abortion or forced adoption but I do believe there is away that this this “Breeding” as it has been called can be controlled to some degree.

When a person signs on for JSA or income support, the children that they already have are taken into account and they are paid benefit for them accordingly but under the provision that whilst they are in receipt of benefit that they have no more children, to which a contract is signed, if any more children are conceived then there will be no further benefit payout for theses children, as for the young single mothers that claim income support (the ones that keep getting pregnant), they should be put on some form of reliable birth control (not the pill as a lot of pregnancies still happen on this method) and have to present a doctors letter every 3 months or so to say that they have had the necessary treatment/precautions, if they don't then their benefits may be suspended or stopped.

In regards to the milk token thing, if the Government banned shops from being able to take them in exchange for any other products or exchange them for cash and levied a heavy fine for any shop caught doing so, they would have to be used for the purpose they are meant for.

over a year ago

"following on from the last thead, next you will all want to bring back hanging!. "

Well actually now ya mention it xx

over a year ago

"following on from the last thead, next you will all want to bring back hanging!.

Well actually now ya mention it xx "

i think capital punishment would be a good idea

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"following on from the last thead, next you will all want to bring back hanging!.

i think capital punishment would be a good idea "

have to assume you would you be happy to pull the lever, press the syringe home or pull the trigger?

then when you find out some time later that the person was innocent, go and tell their family you were just doing your job?

people who advocate capital punishment should take just a minute or two to look back over recent history at miscarriages of justice...

or would they just be 'collateral damage'? 'cos we strung up some vermin who was bang to rights..

yes there are some vile humans incarcerated for the most heinous of crimes ...

but the 'system' is not 100% effective, mistakes deliberate or otherwise happen..

or is it ok when its not one of your own in the wrong place at the wrong time?

By *omaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

ahhhh just string them up ffs.

Back to the breeders....My view is, Only Get Out What You Put In, If they havent contributed tthen NO benefits should be paid. Kids or No kids.

Joe Soap works his nuts off all his working life, to keep spongers in benefits...yeah right.

Ever noticed, they all have a plasma telly, a Blackberry and a Bull Mastiff,nd get to the pub twice a week ?????

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Do we ?

Put that fuck'n plasma down Caspian. You and Vienetta should be at form filling classes!

over a year ago

Before you can fix a problem you first need to isolate it, in order to isolate the 'work avoiders' you should first remove their 'barriers' to work.

In the case of so called 'breeders' that means affordable (ideally free) childcare, extended school hours, access to free adult education, the infastructure and support mechanisms to prepare these people for work and most of all an economy that is producing lots of jobs.

That will take care of the 'innocent' as Polo puts it, because they will welcome the removal of the welfare trap, it will isolate the work avoiders' who will simply resist, but at least then there will be less moral discourse at changing the system to penalise them.

The problem is how do you fund that utopia, the answer is by taking on the other huge 'avoiders'' who bleed this economy, the tax avoiders.

It is a travesty how little tax Big Business actually pays into the exchequers coffers compared to it's 'real' profits. Corporate Britain is good at many things but it's brilliant at avoiding tax, all perfectly legal.

In my opinion a morally fair increase in the corporate tax yield would make the deficit and funding of the welfare state argument in this country yesterdays news.

But come on.... non of that's gonna happen in the foreseable, and I'm talking after an afternoons drinking! (rum punch, ooh nice. Gonna have an early start on the fizzy!)!

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

breeders,on what scale does this problem exist.

how many young girls actually get pregnant,where their sole purpose,is maximising their benefits.

is it,1 in 10,1 in 100,1 in 1000,

1 in 1000000.

or is it simply,a half heard conversation,and two girls on a bus.

solving any problem,first you would have to be sure there is a problem.

this given,you would then have to identify to what degree the problem exists.

does anyone know.

this is the third thread on this subject,and so far i cant recall,anybody putting forward any figures.

although,on the upside,we now know,we have a hang them high brigade.

By *oournsMan
over a year ago

a

"what ever you want in life you should fund it yourself

x"

like education and healthcare ? So the unemployed should do without them.

Benefits are low, this notion of living the high life is tabloid sensationalism presented as fact

By *oournsMan
over a year ago

a

"Couldn't it be argued that our society is breaking down at all levels: our bankers are shafting the country without a thought for those affected by their actions; youngsters are being thrown on the scraphead in their millions and so resort to the only thing they can to get by - the welfare state - or crime; our soldiers are being holed up in squalid conditions before being shipped out to risk life and limb abroad at an expense we can no longer afford; our police force is at breaking point as are our prisons; the NHS is creaking like an old man about to buckle under a weight it cannot carry much further; the price of food is rising as is the price of fuel but nobody seems to be willing to recognise that when it reaches a point where the average joe is faced with the choice of feeding his family or heating his home that widespread demonstration and/or riots will be the inevitable result; our little island is being deluged with foreigners who come here forearmed via information gained in their country of origin about how best to claim from our extremely generous benefits system - often more forearmed than British nationals who don't know what they can claim for.

Yes, it would be fair to say that the British Empire is in it's dying throes and we have to either adapt to our new place in this world or we will find ourselves fighting off those who circle us like vultures waiting to feed on the carcass of what was once a great and powerful country. And some of those vultures are home-grown."

racist, nice. I suppose the "foreigners, dey dook or derbs, as well

By *oournsMan
over a year ago

a

"Children should be brought into the world because they are loved and wanted and not as a means to gaining more cash from the benefit system

I myself am on benefits and unfortunately I shall be for the rest of my life as I am disabled, so I am not here to bash those that are.

Like myself some are on benefits through no fault of their own and most look hard to find employment, some with children and some without, others as we know have never done a days work and never intend to and I believe these are the people that the original OP and the 3 threads are mainly referring to, now I don't believe in forced sterilization, forced abortion or forced adoption but I do believe there is away that this this “Breeding” as it has been called can be controlled to some degree.

When a person signs on for JSA or income support, the children that they already have are taken into account and they are paid benefit for them accordingly but under the provision that whilst they are in receipt of benefit that they have no more children, to which a contract is signed, if any more children are conceived then there will be no further benefit payout for theses children, as for the young single mothers that claim income support (the ones that keep getting pregnant), they should be put on some form of reliable birth control (not the pill as a lot of pregnancies still happen on this method) and have to present a doctors letter every 3 months or so to say that they have had the necessary treatment/precautions, if they don't then their benefits may be suspended or stopped.

In regards to the milk token thing, if the Government banned shops from being able to take them in exchange for any other products or exchange them for cash and levied a heavy fine for any shop caught doing so, they would have to be used for the purpose they are meant for.

"

em, no, too right wing to argue with it. You just keep advocating the non permanent sterilisation of people

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

I completely agree. You won't go out and buy a new house when you've just lost your job so why have additional children you can't afford. It means everyoneelse pays more taxes, more public sector jobs cuts, less money to spend on new cancer treatments, fewer armoured vehicles for troops etc etc. It is the same pot and it's not unlimited."

it's fascinating the way people frame the debate as if the financial crisis was caused by a single mum from Collyhurst who suffered a split condom and ended up pregnant again. Not a mention of the way in which tax dodging reduced the amount of money available to government, or the ridiculous way we're propping up the casino banks.

Not enough armoured vehicles for soldiers? Apparently that's the fault of government, not of generals who insist on having hundreds of redundant main battle tanks just in case we need to fight the warsaw pact, or air marshals who'd rather have incredibly expensive Typhoons than effective helicopters....

The debate about single mums and people on benefits isn't really about benefits; it's about blaming the poor for a rich man's crisis.

By *oournsMan
over a year ago

a

I completely agree. You won't go out and buy a new house when you've just lost your job so why have additional children you can't afford. It means everyoneelse pays more taxes, more public sector jobs cuts, less money to spend on new cancer treatments, fewer armoured vehicles for troops etc etc. It is the same pot and it's not unlimited.

it's fascinating the way people frame the debate as if the financial crisis was caused by a single mum from Collyhurst who suffered a split condom and ended up pregnant again. Not a mention of the way in which tax dodging reduced the amount of money available to government, or the ridiculous way we're propping up the casino banks.

Not enough armoured vehicles for soldiers? Apparently that's the fault of government, not of generals who insist on having hundreds of redundant main battle tanks just in case we need to fight the warsaw pact, or air marshals who'd rather have incredibly expensive Typhoons than effective helicopters....

The debate about single mums and people on benefits isn't really about benefits; it's about blaming the poor for a rich man's crisis. "

you mean people are witch hunting and scapegoating anyone who isnt them, i for one am shocked

sadly most issues are tabloid led, so you print a headline and some rabble rousing nonsense and the masses consume it, because its blaming someone else.

As for the "sport ar troops" (i have seen this sign) and "give soldiers footballers wages" brigade, dear god.

How high do they want their taxes to be ?

over a year ago

I would like to see those who do not receive any benefits from the state for whatever reasons during their working lives, to receive some form of rebate when they retire.

over a year ago

I find all this talk of state-controlled sterilisation/birth control absolutely abhorrent and I worry deeply about a person's moral fibre who suggests it as a credible solution to certain issues.

The state exists FOR the people, to serve, assist and protect them. ALL of them. It is not a mechanical behemoth whose sole purpose is to churn out edict after edict and treat the people it exists to serve as nothing more than fodder for it's policies.

If there is a problem with workshy people claiming benefits and producing even more children then there are many ways of incentivising these people back into work. Sterlisation is merely addressing the problem, not finding a solution. Should any children born to out of work people be terminated too?

over a year ago

"I would like to see those who do not receive any benefits from the state for whatever reasons during their working lives, to receive some form of rebate when they retire.

"

That's not a bad idea actually, and there is some leaway in that as only 40 years worth of N.I. contribs go towards a full state pension.

If one works solidly his or her entire working life without any gaps then they'll have a surplus of 10 years worth of contributions (at today's retirement age of 66), so your suggestion of a rebate could work. Write to ya MP and suggest it lol

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

"I would like to see those who do not receive any benefits from the state for whatever reasons during their working lives, to receive some form of rebate when they retire.

"

I agree. Provided they can prove they did not use the roads, schools system, NHS, and have not been defended by the police, army navy and air force they should get a rebate. Who could argue with that?

We could pay for it by ending the legalized scam that says rich people form other countries who are non doms can get a tax rebate each year.

By *oournsMan
over a year ago

a

"

and herald the destruction of the welfare states in doing so.

First of all you have to assess if your taxes have covered the cost of your existentence, ie the roads you use, education, nhs, etc

secondly if its found you have not cost the state more than you contributed, there is the basic economic principle that for a society to provide for the vulnerable, some must pay for services they never avail of directly. I dont have children, why should i pay for childrens allowance. Because children growing up in a secure financial environment are more likely to be providers of revenue to the state.

I have private health care why should i pay for the nhs. Because universal health care is a right which should be available to all, and part of the social contract is to protect those who cannot themselves

over a year ago

Yawns,.... happy new year all!!!!

By *oournsMan
over a year ago

a

"Yawns,.... happy new year all!!!! "
if you dont like the thread ignore it.

over a year ago

I'm sick of all the governments that have come into power and when a crime that is not dealing with murder such as fraud, stealing, arson etc should be locked up.

This is such a waste of money , space, resources and talent (criminals)

THEY should be made to live in the third world countries and help rebuild the economy over there as their punishment.

Let me explain: If a person has cancer, how does the person deal with it? The mind. but sometimes the mind is not strong enough to cope and they need support. The sympathy is not in that they have cancer that is an an outcome that has to happen. The coping mechanism is where the real sympathy should lie if it has been currupted in some way or is not present.

Bearing this in mind, ppl who are locked up may or may not be able to cope. Do we want to be responsible for disabling a persons mental welfare because of a crime they have done?you may say they chose to commmit the act? True - to a point. Society which is made up of ppl also has a responsibility that should helpvulnerable ppl not to be easily led into such an act - which sometimes because of how the mind is wired cannot help following it out. Therefore they should eradicate the stimulus that these ppl have in ider to help them adjust better.

just like what we do with ppl

1. meals on wheels

2. tax beniftis

3, voluntary help etc

The mind is neglected when considering how ppl live their lives. But it is the mind that governs who we are.

over a year ago

So in order to help someone adjust to a defective mind that forces them to commit crime..... we send them to Africa?

Sorry, you lost me there.

over a year ago

Maybe when the world wasn't so vastly populated family size wan't an issue

but jees, ppl look around you. How many ppl are there.

Enough is enough. Resources only go so far. We need to be a little bit responsible here.

When someobody consumes food they become full. Keep going beyond their means something gives. likewise with ppl.

over a year ago

"So in order to help someone adjust to a defective mind that forces them to commit crime..... we send them to Africa?

Sorry, you lost me there."

Eh? Demonsttrrate by example

If someone frauds someone. And then they get found guilty they would go to prison.

What i would like is for the guilty person to be sent where skills that they have could be used instead of wasting away inside a cell and wasting resources.

About the defective mind. All i wanted was to take away the temptation from a person who doesn't have the basic skills in order to deal with the situation properly.

By *oournsMan
over a year ago

a

"I'm sick of all the governments that have come into power and when a crime that is not dealing with murder such as fraud, stealing, arson etc should be locked up.

THEY should be made to live in the third world countries and help rebuild the economy over there as their punishment.

Let me explain: If a person has cancer, how does the person deal with it? The mind. but sometimes the mind is not strong enough to cope and they need support. The sympathy is not in that they have cancer that is an an outcome that has to happen. The coping mechanism is where the real sympathy should lie if it has been currupted in some way or is not present.

Bearing this in mind, ppl who are locked up may or may not be able to cope. Do we want to be responsible for disabling a persons mental welfare because of a crime they have done?you may say they chose to commmit the act? True - to a point. Society which is made up of ppl also has a responsibility that should helpvulnerable ppl not to be easily led into such an act - which sometimes because of how the mind is wired cannot help following it out. Therefore they should eradicate the stimulus that these ppl have in ider to help them adjust better.

1. meals on wheels

2. tax beniftis

3, voluntary help etc

The mind is neglected when considering how ppl live their lives. But it is the mind that governs who we are. "

im not quite sure what your point is but i believe the crux is that the penal systems primary function is not just to punish. And thats correct, it is in equal measure to also protect the innocent and, the one most people ignore or cast aside, to rehabilitate.

Even on an economic level it is vital, as recidivicism costs more than a competent well funded rehabilitation and education programme.

over a year ago

"I'm sick of all the governments that have come into power and when a crime that is not dealing with murder such as fraud, stealing, arson etc should be locked up.

1. meals on wheels

2. tax beniftis

3, voluntary help etc

The mind is neglected when considering how ppl live their lives. But it is the mind that governs who we are. im not quite sure what your point is but i believe the crux is that the penal systems primary function is not just to punish. And thats correct, it is in equal measure to also protect the innocent and, the one most people ignore or cast aside, to rehabilitate.

Even on an economic level it is vital, as recidivicism costs more than a competent well funded rehabilitation and education programme."

You know thats the orony what you jjust said.

You expect to feed the workers. How on earth do the ppl who live in the third world live AND work do it? Why do we think we have the right to be treated to 3 meals a day have luxurys that economics demonstrates that WE CAN't manage.

This is there punishment. To be in rthe position millions of ppl find themselves in EVERY fucking day...

By *oournsMan
over a year ago

a

1. meals on wheels

2. tax beniftis

3, voluntary help etc

The mind is neglected when considering how ppl live their lives. But it is the mind that governs who we are. im not quite sure what your point is but i believe the crux is that the penal systems primary function is not just to punish. And thats correct, it is in equal measure to also protect the innocent and, the one most people ignore or cast aside, to rehabilitate.

Even on an economic level it is vital, as recidivicism costs more than a competent well funded rehabilitation and education programme.

You expect to feed the workers. How on earth do the ppl who live in the third world live AND work do it? Why do we think we have the right to be treated to 3 meals a day have luxurys that economics demonstrates that WE CAN't manage.

This is there punishment. To be in rthe position millions of ppl find themselves in EVERY fucking day..."

what ? You now want prisoners to suffer third world conditions

over a year ago

"So in order to help someone adjust to a defective mind that forces them to commit crime..... we send them to Africa?

Sorry, you lost me there.

Eh? Demonsttrrate by example

If someone frauds someone. And then they get found guilty they would go to prison.

What i would like is for the guilty person to be sent where skills that they have could be used instead of wasting away inside a cell and wasting resources.

About the defective mind. All i wanted was to take away the temptation from a person who doesn't have the basic skills in order to deal with the situation properly. "

you're assuming, of course, that all these third world countries actually WANT our criminals over there teaching their local populace to commit crime more effectively.

What was the quote in Shawshank: Outside I was straight as an arrow, I had to go to prison to learn how to be a criminal.

over a year ago

1. meals on wheels

2. tax beniftis

3, voluntary help etc

This is there punishment. To be in rthe position millions of ppl find themselves in EVERY fucking day...what ? You now want prisoners to suffer third world conditions"

EXPERIENCE the sufferers conditions and see how desperate these ppl are compared to the criminals fancy lifestyles which i'm sure they don't deserve.

Cos who deserves money when noone can control it?

over a year ago

"This is there punishment. To be in rthe position millions of ppl find themselves in EVERY fucking day...what ? You now want prisoners to suffer third world conditions

EXPERIENCE the sufferers conditions and see how desperate these ppl are compared to the criminals fancy lifestyles which i'm sure they don't deserve.

Cos who deserves money when noone can control it?"

When all these crims are having a nice holiday in Africa, who polices them? Moreover, who pays for the cost of policing them? Do we reimburse the local police force for the cost of ensuring they toe the line, or do we send some of our own Bobbies over there with them for a nice holiday in the sun too.

What's wrong with a nice little island in the Outer Hebrides for some R&R and a chance to analyse where their lives are going wrong?

By *oournsMan
over a year ago

a

1. meals on wheels

2. tax beniftis

3, voluntary help etc

This is there punishment. To be in rthe position millions of ppl find themselves in EVERY fucking day...what ? You now want prisoners to suffer third world conditions

Cos who deserves money when noone can control it?"

hmm i know this isnt the most thought out idea, but this would cost more than imprisonment. Who would supervise the prisoners. Should all criminals be sent. Would other countries want your criminals.

over a year ago

1. meals on wheels

2. tax beniftis

3, voluntary help etc

This is there punishment. To be in rthe position millions of ppl find themselves in EVERY fucking day...what ? You now want prisoners to suffer third world conditions

Cos who deserves money when noone can control it?hmm i know this isnt the most thought out idea, but this would cost more than imprisonment. Who would supervise the prisoners. Should all criminals be sent. Would other countries want your criminals. "

erm a criminal doesn't know they are a criminal until the ACT ITSELF HAS BEEN COMMITED.

over a year ago

"This is there punishment. To be in rthe position millions of ppl find themselves in EVERY fucking day...what ? You now want prisoners to suffer third world conditions

When all these crims are having a nice holiday in Africa, who polices them? Moreover, who pays for the cost of policing them? Do we reimburse the local police force for the cost of ensuring they toe the line, or do we send some of our own Bobbies over there with them for a nice holiday in the sun too.

What's wrong with a nice little island in the Outer Hebrides for some R&R and a chance to analyse where their lives are going wrong?"

Society pays. That is the way as it should. We are all respoinsibvle for how ppl behave. Money is always going to be involved - but how much is involved will be reduced. becausing living in tent, they can't escape anywhere in third world countries - can they? IN order to survive they have to HELP

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

What's wrong with a nice little island in the Outer Hebrides for some R&R and a chance to analyse where their lives are going wrong?"

Which criminals have a nice holiday in Africa?

over a year ago

What's wrong with a nice little island in the Outer Hebrides for some R&R and a chance to analyse where their lives are going wrong?

Which criminals have a nice holiday in Africa?"

The ones the guy above is suggesting should be sent to a third world country.

By *oournsMan
over a year ago

a

Society pays. That is the way as it should. We are all respoinsibvle for how ppl behave. Money is always going to be involved - but how much is involved will be reduced. becausing living in tent, they can't escape anywhere in third world countries - can they? IN order to survive they have to HELP"

you havent a clue what you are talking about.

You want to send criminals to africa unsupervised to help the impoverished. This is cheaper than prison :-/ read this thread when you are sober.

And what does this mean

"erm a criminal doesn't know they

are a criminal until the ACT ITSELF

HAS BEEN COMMITED."

what context inspired this nugget

over a year ago

Society pays. That is the way as it should. We are all respoinsibvle for how ppl behave. Money is always going to be involved - but how much is involved will be reduced. becausing living in tent, they can't escape anywhere in third world countries - can they? IN order to survive they have to HELPyou havent a clue what you are talking about.

You want to send criminals to africa unsupervised to help the impoverished. This is cheaper than prison :-/ read this thread when you are sober.

And what does this mean

HAS BEEN COMMITED."

what context inspired this nugget"

You think about killing somene. You toy with the idea how good it would be. When you do it there is no turning back. Why do they never give themselves up? If they know they have not done anything they can convince ppl surely.

LIFE stories I see all around me and read...

over a year ago

Society pays. That is the way as it should. We are all respoinsibvle for how ppl behave. Money is always going to be involved - but how much is involved will be reduced. becausing living in tent, they can't escape anywhere in third world countries - can they? IN order to survive they have to HELPyou havent a clue what you are talking about.

And what does this mean

HAS BEEN COMMITED."

what context inspired this nugget"

I'm afraid you are incridbily nieve about third world countries and how work can be done in it through the help of our community

We LIVE like they live. I suggest you read some literature on missionary work in the modern world and not secular opinions.

By *oournsMan
over a year ago

a

And what does this mean

HAS BEEN COMMITED."

You think about killing somene. You toy with the idea how good it would be. When you do it there is no turning back. Why do they never give themselves up? If they know they have not done anything they can convince ppl surely.

LIFE stories I see all around me and read..."

people have turned themselves in.

I have no idea what this has to do with social welfare. Maybe start a new thread, send criminals to africa before they know they are criminals

over a year ago

And what does this mean

HAS BEEN COMMITED."

LIFE stories I see all around me and read...people have turned themselves in.

I have no idea what this has to do with social welfare. Maybe start a new thread, send criminals to africa before they know they are criminals"

Look.using an analogy her can't get any clearer than this

MEDIA represents SOCIETY

and what you said about some criminals turn themselves in. well, i want to hep the ppl who don't have that abilty to help themselves. You have to eradicate the thing that people use to help them in commiting a crime.

I know a female who doesn't like porn yet at the same time she likes jokes about blond porn stars. But the person who wrte the joke HAS to HAVE watched porn in order to write it. Therefore by liking the joke you encourage more of that behaviour...which is strange when she said she didn't like porn and found it offensive.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I agree Grim. I still can't handle pedo jokes.

over a year ago

"I agree Grim. I still can't handle pedo jokes. "

The act itself is not just sick, criminal or whatever word is appropriate but the thinking of it is just as.....

By *oournsMan
over a year ago

a

Im lost. To help me can you answer this question.

Who should be sent to africa ?

over a year ago

"Im lost. To help me can you answer this question.

Who should be sent to africa ?"

Excluding murders and rapists and pedophiles. i think thats the three main harmful groups that affect a persons mental wellbeing. The other ppl in prison should there skils or whatever they have as an individual and help buuild a better life for that econmy for trying to bring down this economy etc.

They don't need money etc because the first society never had money to get off the ground and they also didn't have the knowledge that we now have. remember that scene from temple of doom with indiana jones. they visited the tribe and ate what they ate. Well that what the criminals should do.

Intuition and knowledge takes away the need for money.

over a year ago

I thought I was sober but trying to make sense of the end of this thread is giving me a headache.

I know threads deviate, but how did we get from breeders to criminals becoming aid workers in Africa?!!

over a year ago

"I thought I was sober but trying to make sense of the end of this thread is giving me a headache.

I know threads deviate, but how did we get from breeders to criminals becoming aid workers in Africa?!! "

You know maybe lifes problems aren't as separated as ppl think. maybe they are all interconnected in some small way just like they say about the 7 degrees of separation between any two ppl

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

Which criminals have a nice holiday in Africa?

The ones the guy above is suggesting should be sent to a third world country."

Ah. I gave up trying to parse that post.

By *oournsMan
over a year ago

a

Excluding murders and rapists and pedophiles. i think thats the three main harmful groups that affect a persons mental wellbeing. The other ppl in prison should there skils or whatever they have as an individual and help buuild a better life for that econmy for trying to bring down this economy etc.

They don't need money etc because the first society never had money to get off the ground and they also didn't have the knowledge that we now have. remember that scene from temple of doom with indiana jones. they visited the tribe and ate what they ate. Well that what the criminals should do.

Intuition and knowledge takes away the need for money."

you want to deport people from their homeland, away from family and friends ?

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

And what does this mean

HAS BEEN COMMITED."

I have no idea what this has to do with social welfare. Maybe start a new thread, send criminals to africa before they know they are criminals

MEDIA represents SOCIETY

and what you said about some criminals turn themselves in. well, i want to hep the ppl who don't have that abilty to help themselves. You have to eradicate the thing that people use to help them in commiting a crime.

I know a female who doesn't like porn yet at the same time she likes jokes about blond porn stars. But the person who wrte the joke HAS to HAVE watched porn in order to write it. Therefore by liking the joke you encourage more of that behaviour...which is strange when she said she didn't like porn and found it offensive. "

I know this comment is at risk of going over your head, but the media does not represent society. It constructs a representation of society that reflects the class interests of those who own the media. In the current situation that means its representation reflects the hegemonic power of the ruling class.

over a year ago

"I thought I was sober but trying to make sense of the end of this thread is giving me a headache.

I know threads deviate, but how did we get from breeders to criminals becoming aid workers in Africa?!! "

Phew! Thank you Sassy, I thought I was getting threads mixed up and perhaps missing something

over a year ago

Intuition and knowledge takes away the need for money. you want to deport people from their homeland, away from family and friends ? "

I think friends and family is an overused misunderstood manipulation tool ppl use. If love was truth then how did it not predict gary speed demise. love is all about faith, from day to day, there is no certainty in love - certainty in the ilusion of what it could be but that has no basis in reality without 2 willing parties.

ppl make friends by helping building an impoverished society like the third world etc. new bonds will be heralded, a sense of achievement, a sense of where they are from their past. The only reason prisoners miss their families is because they are locked in a cell with nothing to do but think. that would make a person mad if they weren't already mad hence why over time prisoners have been given things. But that is not making full use of a person. We have to let others see what other possibilities there are instead of locking them up

over a year ago

And what does this mean

HAS BEEN COMMITED."

MEDIA represents SOCIETY

I know a female who doesn't like porn yet at the same time she likes jokes about blond porn stars. But the person who wrte the joke HAS to HAVE watched porn in order to write it. Therefore by liking the joke you encourage more of that behaviour...which is strange when she said she didn't like porn and found it offensive.

I know this comment is at risk of going over your head, but the media does not represent society. It constructs a representation of society that reflects the class interests of those who own the media. In the current situation that means its representation reflects the hegemonic power of the ruling class."

don't worry about things going over my head, there are things that go over your i'm sure, so lets not confuse the issue with personnel bits of derogatray dissarray. About the analogy i wasn't meaning for you to take a literal translation of it. I meant the influence media has on ppl choosing what they buy, sell, should look like.

By *oournsMan
over a year ago

a

Intuition and knowledge takes away the need for money. you want to deport people from their homeland, away from family and friends ?

I think friends and family is an overused misunderstood manipulation tool ppl use. If love was truth then how did it not predict gary speed demise. love is all about faith, from day to day, there is no certainty in love - certainty in the ilusion of what it could be but that has no basis in reality without 2 willing parties.

ppl make friends by helping building an impoverished society like the third world etc. new bonds will be heralded, a sense of achievement, a sense of where they are from their past. The only reason prisoners miss their families is because they are locked in a cell with nothing to do but think. that would make a person mad if they weren't already mad hence why over time prisoners have been given things. But that is not making full use of a person. We have to let others see what other possibilities there are instead of locking them up"

speak to a mental health professional before commenting on

- suicide

- prisoner isolation

- contact deprivation

your random stream of nonsense is veering into offensiveness.

You cant force the creation of an utopian society, thats totaliterianism.

over a year ago

Intuition and knowledge takes away the need for money. you want to deport people from their homeland, away from family and friends ?

ppl make friends by helping building an impoverished society like the third world etc. new bonds will be heralded, a sense of achievement, a sense of where they are from their past. The only reason prisoners miss their families is because they are locked in a cell with nothing to do but think. that would make a person mad if they weren't already mad hence why over time prisoners have been given things. But that is not making full use of a person. We have to let others see what other possibilities there are instead of locking them upspeak to a mental health professional before commenting on

- suicide

- prisoner isolation

- contact deprivation

You cant force the creation of an utopian society, thats totaliterianism. "

really yet you force ppl everyday to live by rules laid down by one person regarding, drinking, smoking, nutrition, road safety.

i have, i have been in contact, I read there assessment, I see work done my missionaries in third world countries living how they live to help ppl.

SO don't come spouting your nonsense in regards to helping ppl. You think handing over money is helping folk. you have help directly orcan you not sacrifice your miserable life to help others..do you need all your luxuries?

over a year ago

ppl make friends by helping building an impoverished society like the third world etc. new bonds will be heralded, a sense of achievement, a sense of where they are from their past. The only reason prisoners miss their families is because they are locked in a cell with nothing to do but think. that would make a person mad if they weren't already mad hence why over time prisoners have been given things. But that is not making full use of a person. We have to let others see what other possibilities there are instead of locking them upspeak to a mental health professional before commenting on

- suicide

- prisoner isolation

- contact deprivation

I have one thought here: Take the fraudsters, liers in prison and make them rebuild a cummunity in the third world. Your list of isolation and sucides is a result of prison routine..

over a year ago

- suicide

- prisoner isolation

- contact deprivation

I tell you what is offensive m8. When so called HUMANS allow underage ppl to drink and act like its all part of life never considering for one minute that one individual may not have the right frame of mind to handle drink.

I would like some leadership in this country or would you prefer everything and everyone to have problems then everyone can be miserable together - is that your idea.

over a year ago

- suicide

- prisoner isolation

- contact deprivation

I think ppl are confusing Utopian society for something else.

There are problems that happen regardless

there are problems that are caused by neglect or not caring or being ignorant about things

YOU confuse me wanting a Utopian society when in fact I don't. I just want a person to be BETTER INFORMED

For ex. A gang member. A gang member has been raised all his life in that situation. he doesn't know any better. Then one day he gets caught and sentenced. It's not his fault, he's just not been given the options to make an informed choice about what other life he could have.

By *oournsMan
over a year ago

a

- suicide

- prisoner isolation

- contact deprivation

really yet you force ppl everyday to live by rules laid down by one person regarding, drinking, smoking, nutrition, road safety.

i have, i have been in contact, I read there assessment, I see work done my missionaries in third world countries living how they live to help ppl.

SO don't come spouting your nonsense in regards to helping ppl. You think handing over money is helping folk. you have help directly orcan you not sacrifice your miserable life to help others..do you need all your luxuries?"

you know missionaries choose to do it.

Do you think forcing people to do it is the same.

How much did you smoke today.

over a year ago

- suicide

- prisoner isolation

- contact deprivation

SO don't come spouting your nonsense in regards to helping ppl. You think handing over money is helping folk. you have help directly orcan you not sacrifice your miserable life to help others..do you need all your luxuries?you know missionaries choose to do it.

How much did you smoke today."

U force ppl to play by your rules about drink and drugs - do you think everyne is caple of the challenge?

dearie me what do they teach at schools

over a year ago

- suicide

- prisoner isolation

- contact deprivation

SO don't come spouting your nonsense in regards to helping ppl. You think handing over money is helping folk. you have help directly orcan you not sacrifice your miserable life to help others..do you need all your luxuries?you know missionaries choose to do it.

Do you think forcing pl to handle money everyday is fair?

Do you think forcing ppl into a relationship is fair?

Do you think forcing pll to have an education is fair?

Do you think forcing ppl to own a house is fair?

Do yo think forcing ppl to think like you when everyone thinks so differently is fair?

Every human ppl is biased yet leadership is the one thing everyone wants - how is it met?

through another human or something else?

over a year ago

- suicide

- prisoner isolation

- contact deprivation

You said missiioniaries choose to do it

They choose to help ppl yes. If your not for them your against them

So basically your against a person having a better life when you mock missionary. Nice one!

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

over a year ago

Grim & Boourns cant you just agree to disagree?

By *oournsMan
over a year ago

a

"Grim & Boourns cant you just agree to disagree?"
i m out i wouldnt even know what i would be agreeing to disagree with,

By *ornyHorwichCpl aka HHCCouple
over a year ago

horwich

Here here, especially when way off the subject originaly posted.

over a year ago

"Grim & Boourns cant you just agree to disagree?i m out i wouldnt even know what i would be agreeing to disagree with,"

Your both opinionated ADULTS but appear to be ramming each others points of views down each others throats. Can't you just accept the differences and let the subject drop.

tit for tat.. neither of you will see eye to eye with your views.

over a year ago

theres nothing ilogical about agreeing. Other ppl that have not heard our contributions may hold the key to resolving it. Thats why neither individual should give up.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Can you all keep your personal comments away from the forums....if you don't agree with a person fine, but there really is no need to be so personal

over a year ago

Feeling as fragile as i do after last night i really wish id not read this thread xx

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

"Feeling as fragile as i do after last night i really wish id not read this thread xx "

You managed to read it...gold star for you i only wandered in cos Sir had commented...my head is too fragile for this

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple
over a year ago

Lisburn

I gave up half way through, seem to went off on a totally different direction

over a year ago

"Surreysensual's post near the end of the Breeders 2 thread was very good. It's probably not appropriate for me to copy and paste it into here.

I agree with Surrey that you should not attempt to deal with this issue in isolation, the 'workshy' or 'breeders' (as this debate has labelled them) are not the only 'bleeders' of our society.

+ 1"

+2

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"breeders,on what scale does this problem exist.

how many young girls actually get pregnant,where their sole purpose,is maximising their benefits.

is it,1 in 10,1 in 100,1 in 1000,

1 in 1000000.

or is it simply,a half heard conversation,and two girls on a bus.

solving any problem,first you would have to be sure there is a problem.

this given,you would then have to identify to what degree the problem exists.

does anyone know.

this is the third thread on this subject,and so far i cant recall,anybody putting forward any figures.

although,on the upside,we now know,we have a hang them high brigade.

"

same question.how big a problem.

considering so far,

very few proposals have been modest.

are we building detention camps,and gas chambers,for the breeders.

when in fact,we only require,a two man tent,and a fairly large oven.

By *lutandhubbyCouple
over a year ago

west midlands

i think capital punishment would be a good idea

have to assume you would you be happy to pull the lever, press the syringe home or pull the trigger?

then when you find out some time later that the person was innocent, go and tell their family you were just doing your job?

people who advocate capital punishment should take just a minute or two to look back over recent history at miscarriages of justice...

or would they just be 'collateral damage'? 'cos we strung up some vermin who was bang to rights..

yes there are some vile humans incarcerated for the most heinous of crimes ...

but the 'system' is not 100% effective, mistakes deliberate or otherwise happen..

or is it ok when its not one of your own in the wrong place at the wrong time?"

( ( ( WELL SAID ) ) )

Post new Message to Thread