Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

It's a sadness

Jump to newest

By *rontier Psychiatrist OP   Man
over a year ago

Coventry

Read a profile of woman's profile who said she is happily in a relationship but craves extra fun. Persoanlly I take her at her word and I sure she genuinly does love her partner. Made me think about all the forum post about fab members whos partner dont know. It's a difficult subject for me as my ex wife cheated on me and broke my heart. I experienced pain like no other. But I also know the world is not black and white. But I think most of us on here can understand how you can be in love with your partner with all your heart and still enjoy sex with others. So I find it sad that some people are I guess swingers or sexaul deviants at heart but in a relationship where they can't fully be free to be them self. Isn't it sad that they are in a relationship where they cant be honest about their desires and be accepted or joined by their partner? To a certain extent living a lie from the one person there should be no hidden truths. I'm not convinced of the morals of cheating on your partner (even if you do love them and everthing else is just sex). But I do understand the desire and it must be hard not being able to be truly yourself with your partners blessing. After all life is short and some of us want to explore. Maybe some have change since they got with their partner and the desire to explore sexaully has grown after they got older. Makes me realise how lucky I am to have a woman and best friend who I can share all the corners of my heart and soul without fear of anything but love and acceptance, even the difficult stuff. Openess, honesty and communication are for me pricesless in a relationship. And best of all having someone by my side who jumps into to breach with me what ever I'm doing.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

As you say the world is never black and white. Everyone had their own reasons and backstory for being here

over a year ago

It must be extremely hard for anyone who loves their partner but who doesnt get their needs fulfilled. They have to live with that pain and guilt. It must be so tough. Id never judge anyone. Most are on here to get fulfilment in some way Xx

over a year ago

"As you say the world is never black and white. Everyone had their own reasons and backstory for being here"

Yes sir

over a year ago

"As you say the world is never black and white. Everyone had their own reasons and backstory for being here

Yes sir"

Impressive bump!!

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

I admire the couples who are on here together and who can be open with each other. Maybe if more people were open they'd be less cheating going on.

over a year ago

"It must be extremely hard for anyone who loves their partner but who doesnt get their needs fulfilled. They have to live with that pain and guilt. It must be so tough. Id never judge anyone. Most are on here to get fulfilment in some way Xx"

I think there is an interesting element in your answer.

'Needs' to be fulfilled.

Where does those 'needs' come from though ? Are they necessary in order to be mentally sane ? Or are they just created/crafted needs amd therefore can become somehow selfish ?

over a year ago

"It must be extremely hard for anyone who loves their partner but who doesnt get their needs fulfilled. They have to live with that pain and guilt. It must be so tough. Id never judge anyone. Most are on here to get fulfilment in some way Xx

'Needs' to be fulfilled.

Where does those 'needs' come from though ? Are they necessary in order to be mentally sane ? Or are they just created/crafted needs amd therefore can become somehow selfish ? "

I agree with this, I think it’s a far more complicated issue than just scratching a sexual itch

over a year ago

"It must be extremely hard for anyone who loves their partner but who doesnt get their needs fulfilled. They have to live with that pain and guilt. It must be so tough. Id never judge anyone. Most are on here to get fulfilment in some way Xx

'Needs' to be fulfilled.

Where does those 'needs' come from though ? Are they necessary in order to be mentally sane ? Or are they just created/crafted needs amd therefore can become somehow selfish ? "

Food, water and sleep are needs. Sex is not.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

'Needs' to be fulfilled.

Where does those 'needs' come from though ? Are they necessary in order to be mentally sane ? Or are they just created/crafted needs amd therefore can become somehow selfish ?

Food, water and sleep are needs. Sex is not."

Sex is a bass primal urge. Ok we have invented ways of stopping it doing what it was designed for, making babies, but every living thing I this planet is driven to procreate in some way. That hadn't vanished from out name up just because we have developed ways of having sex for fun.

Not saying it is onto cheat because we have also developed a moral code that seems to be stronger in most than the need for sex but just as you cannot ignore your need to eat, it isn't easy to ignore the need to have sex.

Post new Message to Thread