Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Making a Murderer

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just started watching season two it’s incredible how corrupt a police force can be. Anyone else watching it

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *irkydirkyMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"Just started watching season two it’s incredible how corrupt a police force can be. Anyone else watching it"

Yeah.. he’s guilty as fuck

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Is season 2 the one with the new defence ?

over a year ago

"Just started watching season two it’s incredible how corrupt a police force can be. Anyone else watching it

Yeah.. he’s guilty as fuck "

No way he did it

over a year ago

I’m on episode 6 or 7

over a year ago

"I’m on episode 6 or 7 "

What’s your opinion

By *c1989Woman
over a year ago

Manchester

I'm on the fence about avery but dassey should never have been convicted on that confession. Shouldn't have been allowed in. The police force definitely had it in for avery though because of the compo claim after his first conviction was overturned. Have you got to bit about the girlfriend appearing on Dr Phil. Shocking. Attention seeking expletive deleted lol.

The confession tapes is another really good series of different cases where questionable confessions have been used to convict. Also on Netflix.

By *iss.RedWoman
over a year ago

somewhere

I just finished watching this after binge watching both series. Found it fascinating! I totally believe they're both innocent

over a year ago

"I just finished watching this after binge watching both series. Found it fascinating! I totally believe they're both innocent"
The young kid was bullied into confession and Steven passed that modern poly graph test. Police wanted him because he got off the first charge and got lots of compo

By *elma and ShaggyCouple
over a year ago

Bedworth

I think it’s only a matter of time before both men are cleared and are back home with their families. Don’t forget, it took 18 years to clear Avery first time around. He never lost faith that he would be free one day and always claimed his innocence. He’s been through it before and will fight again to clear his name, no matter how long it takes

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/11/18 18:40:20]

over a year ago

"I think it’s only a matter of time before both men are cleared and are back home with their families. Don’t forget, it took 18 years to clear Avery first time around. He never lost faith that he would be free one day and always claimed his innocence. He’s been through it before and will fight again to clear his name, no matter how long it takes"

A few of the lawyers and Police in that town should be in Prison

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"Just started watching season two it’s incredible how corrupt a police force can be. Anyone else watching it

I actually believe he did it as well, but there wasn't enough legitimate evidence to fully prove it. Not Brendan though.

over a year ago

I’ve just finished series two. The new defence lawyer is top drawer. I can’t understand how the state are getting away with it. In my opinion the ex boyfriend killed her but the police were so intent on pinning it on Avery that they planted the evidence to secure his conviction. The spare key for her car which was found on his trailer floor after the 4th search was obviously provided by the ex as he had access to her house.

By *c1989Woman
over a year ago

Manchester

"I’ve just finished series two. The new defence lawyer is top drawer. I can’t understand how the state are getting away with it. In my opinion the ex boyfriend killed her but the police were so intent on pinning it on Avery that they planted the evidence to secure his conviction. The spare key for her car which was found on his trailer floor after the 4th search was obviously provided by the ex as he had access to her house. "

Yes the day planner is a very interesting point that didn't come up in part 1.

over a year ago

I finished it last week and there was definitely corruption in that police force and on that basis I think they should free them. Brendan deserves what he’s getting for confessing tho. I don’t know what he was trying to prove or do by confessing.

over a year ago

Not a chance in hell he killed her. His own lawyer told him that by hiring her he best be innocent because she would find the evidence to prove he did it if he did. Every test she has had done and all the evidence she has found has pointed away from him.

By *agermeisterMan
over a year ago

Leeds

I actually believe he did it as well, but there wasn't enough legitimate evidence to fully prove it. Not Brendan though. "

Why do you think he did it?

over a year ago

I actually believe he did it as well, but there wasn't enough legitimate evidence to fully prove it. Not Brendan though.

Why do you think he did it?"

If he was guilty that new female lawyer would of hung him out to dry. The police hated him and they framed him as pay back for proving them wrong in his first conviction

over a year ago

Just finished series 2. Neither of them are guilty of killing Teresa Halbach. The Manitowoc sheriffs department framed Steven Avery. His Lawyer has consistently proved he didn’t do it. He took 13 polygraph tests and passed everyone of them. Brendan dassey was forced into a confession. Like others have said the facts are

1. Why weren’t the key found until the 4th search

2. The ex boyfriend knew what was in her planner which would prove that she only wrote in there after leaving the Avery property and calling back to her home.

3. Her car was seen opposite Scott Todych’s house in the grass. Why did he testify against Steven ?

4. His blood samples were tampered with.

5. Why was the coroner told to stay away from the case ?

over a year ago

"Just finished series 2. Neither of them are guilty of killing Teresa Halbach. The Manitowoc sheriffs department framed Steven Avery. His Lawyer has consistently proved he didn’t do it. He took 13 polygraph tests and passed everyone of them. Brendan dassey was forced into a confession. Like others have said the facts are

1. Why weren’t the key found until the 4th search

2. The ex boyfriend knew what was in her planner which would prove that she only wrote in there after leaving the Avery property and calling back to her home.

3. Her car was seen opposite Scott Todych’s house in the grass. Why did he testify against Steven ?

4. His blood samples were tampered with.

5. Why was the coroner told to stay away from the case ? "

Further to all that the lack of blood, dna or marks on the bedposts where she was supposed to have been shackled disproves Brendon’s confession.

The car key found after the 4th search was the spare key, the ex boyfriend had access to her house and either gave it to the police to plant or he planted it himself.

Experts have proved the bullet found in the garage did not pass through a human body, the blood near the ignition barrel had been put there using a swab. The bones in the fire pit were burned elsewhere and later put in the pit, the fire pit being open could not reach the temperatures required to cremate a body, too many bones were missing from the pit too. The list is endless.

over a year ago

Very hard to judge off a clearly biased tv show tbh....

over a year ago

"Very hard to judge off a clearly biased tv show tbh....

"

Not really, if a woman was sexually assaulted, shackled to a bed, stabbed in the stomach and then had her throat cut all in the same bed then believe me the evidence would be there. There’s no evidence at all to even say she was ever inside that trailer.

over a year ago

I actually believe he did it as well, but there wasn't enough legitimate evidence to fully prove it. Not Brendan though. "

What are you basing your belief on?

over a year ago

"I finished it last week and there was definitely corruption in that police force and on that basis I think they should free them. Brendan deserves what he’s getting for confessing tho. I don’t know what he was trying to prove or do by confessing. "

That’s harsh, he was a 16 year old with limited capacity. He repeatedly said he didn’t know the answers to their questions and when he did give an answer they told him it was the wrong one and they steered him to give the answers they wanted. Plainly obvious he was coerced or even coached into saying exactly what they wanted to hear. There’s no evidence at all to support any part of his confession.

over a year ago

I’m just watching the second season now, im amazed how easy the american public can be led by their authorities and not question anything they’re told.

over a year ago

Started to watched season 2 as well.

Loved the first one.

The keepers is good too

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I've been obsessed with this show. How can anyone say it was avery?

Bredon's 'confession' claims Teresa was handcuffed to the bed yet there were no marks in the bed. He claimed they slit her throat while she was still alive yet there was no traces if blood in the room. The key that magically appeared o ce the manitowoc County guys joined the search had no traces of Teresa's DNA on it even though it was her key!

Why would avery store the car in the property when he had a crusher on site?

There was something fishy about the brother and the ex. The brother 'somehow' guessed her voicemail password... Hmmmmm. Could he have deleted messages from the ex, yes!

The fact that no other suspects were investigated properly. The fact that before they even found a body or the car and the police chief was aski v if they had avery in custody.

It's all do corrupt. And don't get me started on that prosecution lawyer!

over a year ago

evesham

Personally I think this has gotten too big now and the judicial system just can't allow either to be released as it would throw doubt on lots more convictions.

The TV show was the worse thing for avery and dassey. Avery will die in prison and Brendon will have to wait for parole.

over a year ago

"I've been obsessed with this show. How can anyone say it was avery?

Bredon's 'confession' claims Teresa was handcuffed to the bed yet there were no marks in the bed. He claimed they slit her throat while she was still alive yet there was no traces if blood in the room. The key that magically appeared o ce the manitowoc County guys joined the search had no traces of Teresa's DNA on it even though it was her key!

There was something fishy about the brother and the ex. The brother 'somehow' guessed her voicemail password... Hmmmmm. Could he have deleted messages from the ex, yes!

The fact that no other suspects were investigated properly. The fact that before they even found a body or the car and the police chief was aski v if they had avery in custody.

It's all do corrupt. And don't get me started on that prosecution lawyer! "

the prosecution lawyer Kratz was enjoying the attention he was getting from it all, that was obvious in season 1.

over a year ago

evesham

the prosecution lawyer Kratz was enjoying the attention he was getting from it all, that was obvious in season 1."

Even more evident in series 2!

Thats press conference on 2nd November was a joke. He should never have made the statements that he did

over a year ago

the prosecution lawyer Kratz was enjoying the attention he was getting from it all, that was obvious in season 1.

Even more evident in series 2!

Thats press conference on 2nd November was a joke. He should never have made the statements that he did "

agree, he was clearly adding fuel to the fire and help the prosecution case, trial by media began.

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

think he is inocent only reason they found him guilty is if he had got his compo it would of probably bankrupted the town that had to pay it.

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

"think he is inocent only reason they found him guilty is if he had got his compo it would of probably bankrupted the town that had to pay it."

Absolutely spot on there!

By *afadaoMan
over a year ago

Staines

It is totally compelling viewing I must say. Goodness knows the truth of matters but the show does a very good job of casting major doubt over the defendents’ guilt.

Apart from all of the things mentioned already, I was just amazed at how incompetent and uncomfortable the state witnesses were. To a person, they were awful on the stand - Halbach’s ex was looking to the sky every time he had to find an answer, the FBI blood ‘expert’ went into a fit of body tics once he was challenged, the woman that found the car was seriously over-egging her story and embellishing unnecessarily, Lenk & Colborn appeared conspiratorial, etc, etc.

What surprised me about his is that the two original defence lawyers managed to elicit these uncomfortable reactions but never seriously challenged and of the nonsensical answers.

Most intriguing but as it stands at the moment, it doesn’t look hopeful for either of them.

The Netflix true crime shows are fascinating though - if they were made as fiction you’d have a hard time suspending disbelief. I still cannot get my head around the goings-on in Evil Genius. Uttter insanity.

The Staircase was equally as baffling and there’s a show out in December called The Innocent Man which promises to have is scratching our heads

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Then he should be set free.

The system is there to prove you are guilty BEYOND doubt, not to prove you're innocent.

Someone in the upper echelons of the judiciary should be taking certain people to task over this.

over a year ago

Both won't be set free without some form of new evidence even after the stuff shown in season 2 as it's already gone up to the highest level court in America and they won't even look at it

over a year ago

wow, just finished season two, can’t believe from the evidence that was uncovered and the coroners office being excluded from the investigation they still won’t retrial it, surely the corruption of the sherif dept and even the prosecution holding back evidence from the defence attorneys should be addressed.

Post new Message to Thread