Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Last Minute Cancellers

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

{insert generic rant here relating to the topic}

My record now is suffering three in a row. Anyone else beaten that?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

From the same person??

over a year ago

"{insert generic rant here relating to the topic}

My record now is suffering three in a row. Anyone else beaten that? "

i had 3 in a row too now and just on for the forums and chat xxx

By *isterPepperMan
over a year ago

Central Swindon

"{insert generic rant here relating to the topic} My record now is suffering three in a row. Anyone else beaten that? "
Only had one arrangement so far. Had just set off when I received a text saying "sorry, I've had a bad weekend, can we rain-check?" I replied, all sweetness and light with "oh that's no problem" and "I hope everything's ok". Never heard from her again.

over a year ago

Got one this morning for today and THREE last week........

all were single guys.........and they complain about not getting meeets.....might do better if they turned up...

over a year ago

well the next time yer all get a meet, just chuffing tie em to the bed and keep em there

over a year ago

"From the same person??"

Three seperate people. I have a canceller hat-trick

over a year ago

Only had one arrangement so far. Had just set off when I received a text saying "sorry, I've had a bad weekend, can we rain-check?" I replied, all sweetness and light with "oh that's no problem" and "I hope everything's ok". Never heard from her again."

That's just the attitude you should have adopted too. You didn't meet the woman in question so lost absolutely nothing and nothing would have been gained by harrassing her further. Kudos to you pal.

over a year ago

Only had one arrangement so far. Had just set off when I received a text saying "sorry, I've had a bad weekend, can we rain-check?" I replied, all sweetness and light with "oh that's no problem" and "I hope everything's ok". Never heard from her again.

That's just the attitude you should have adopted too. You didn't meet the woman in question so lost absolutely nothing and nothing would have been gained by harrassing her further. Kudos to you pal. "

Oh yes i couldnt agree more

over a year ago

yo wishy...didnt ya go the beach party hun

u left here with us saddo's

over a year ago

"yo wishy...didnt ya go the beach party hun

u left here with us saddo's"

We couldn't make it hon, Siren is still b/feeding and I don't think they'd have let our 4m/o son in lol

By *isterPepperMan
over a year ago

Central Swindon

"{insert generic rant here relating to the topic} My record now is suffering three in a row. Anyone else beaten that? Only had one arrangement so far. Had just set off when I received a text saying "sorry, I've had a bad weekend, can we rain-check?" I replied, all sweetness and light with "oh that's no problem" and "I hope everything's ok". Never heard from her again. That's just the attitude you should have adopted too. You didn't meet the woman in question so lost absolutely nothing and nothing would have been gained by harrassing her further. Kudos to you pal. "
erm, thanks, lol. I guess some people might react differently, but it just seemed obvious to leave her to it. I'm hardly gonna lose any sleep over it, if she wants to get in touch she still can, and really I've got better things to do with my time (like lurk around the forums) than pursue someone who may not want to be pursued.

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

Had it too a few weeks ago they called offjust around the time we were to meet,its obvious now the excuse was just an excuse but it would have been better if they had been honest with us.

By *ibertinesCouple
over a year ago

Cupar

Just my tuppence of social commentary from the peanut gallery....

I reckon a large part of single guys not turning up is to do with power. Some guys cant stand that, in a male ruled world, there is a tiny niche where everyone is perhaps equal (swinging) or worse, single guys are bottom of the pile. Thus, conciously or not, they like to cause problems and assert some control. Even if it just makes them look like a dickhead.

over a year ago

we had been let down at least 5 times in a row when I moved back to the south -west very nearly gave up all together, this again was all single guys and never even a message to say sorry, I don't give a guy 2nd chance unless a very genuine reason, life is far to short and plenty more out there!!

By *riendlyfunfemWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

When I first (nervously) joined Fab my first two meets cancelled last minute, I almost gave up after that and for a while wouldn't commit to meetings. One of my friends said 'don't give up, it happens to everyone', and I'm so glad I didn't as I've now met some great people on here since!

over a year ago

"we had been let down at least 5 times in a row when I moved back to the south -west very nearly gave up all together, this again was all single guys and never even a message to say sorry, I don't give a guy 2nd chance unless a very genuine reason, life is far to short and plenty more out there!!"

Ouch sorry to hear that, you also beat my record. Seems from these various posts I am not alone after all!

over a year ago

"When I first (nervously) joined Fab my first two meets cancelled last minute, I almost gave up after that and for a while wouldn't commit to meetings. One of my friends said 'don't give up, it happens to everyone', and I'm so glad I didn't as I've now met some great people on here since! "

Yeah I know there are some awsome people on here. On a related note a very nice individual sent me a pick me up relating to this thread and said the same thing as your friend. I was smiling from ear to ear at how thoughtful the email was!

over a year ago

My record now is suffering three in a row. Anyone else beaten that? "

Their loss, not yrs.

over a year ago

Being new here I cant really comment on no-shows as such, but if you arrange to meet someone, then you try your hardest to make it, if not then be honest, dont make up flimsy excuses

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

its the no shows amongest the single males that make it so hard for the genuine males on here, i think there should be a rating system then meeter's who have no shows can score the excuse from a scale of 1-5 with 1 being totally unexceptable and 5 being thruthful and believable, but hey thats my opinion,at the end of the day all thats happened is a female or couple has been upset and then it pass's down the line to the next single guy who contacts them, and they then start to use just those with whom they have already met, sad but true, but its the single male who loose's out big time in the end because of no shows ps i know some female's/couples are guilty of it too but it does seem to be usually a male thing

Post new Message to Thread