Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Confession time....

Jump to newest

By *innie The Minx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

So, you've cooked roast chicken, or bacon or sausages and a whole load of delicious fat has come out into the pan....

Who (apart from me) has a quick whiz round it with a finger or (tut tut!) some bread?

Fess up...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple
over a year ago

Planet Ork

Chicken skin yes, bacon fat yes but the liquid fat!! Eurgh!

By *rFunBoyMan
over a year ago

Longridge

"So, you've cooked roast chicken, or bacon or sausages and a whole load of delicious fat has come out into the pan....

Who (apart from me) has a quick whiz round it with a finger or (tut tut!) some bread?

Fess up..."

Slice of Warbies chucked in a sausage and bacon pan fried lightly and smothered in beans...

Lovely camp food..

By *eesideMan
over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

"So, you've cooked roast chicken, or bacon or sausages and a whole load of delicious fat has come out into the pan....

Fess up..."

No but it dous go into the gravey

(providing thar is gravey with the meat)

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

Fess up..."

When roasting chicken my mum used to put the fat in a basin and put in the fridge, we would then have it on toast with salt

Yummy

But don’t think it was very heslthy

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

""

over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Fess up...

When roasting chicken my mum used to put the fat in a basin and put in the fridge, we would then have it on toast with salt

Yummy

But don’t think it was very heslthy"

God yes my nan used to do that but didn't keep it in the fridge....I'd forgotten about that. Bread and dripping!

over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"

Chicken skin yes, bacon fat yes but the liquid fat!! Eurgh!"

I know, I'm a disgrace!

But it tastes so good!

By *rsSBWoman
over a year ago

toy town

Don't you all used the juices to make gravy?

By *rTouretteMan
over a year ago

Muswell Hill

Meat juice is too good to waste

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My dad used to clean the cold grey fat from the grill pan with some bread and butter, said it was where all the taste was

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"

Chicken skin yes, bacon fat yes but the liquid fat!! Eurgh!

I know, I'm a disgrace!

But it tastes so good!"

I'm with you there, waste not want not.

Plus, frying a slice in the left over fat or having a quick whiz round with some bread means the pan's cleaner when you do the dishes reducing the amount of fat that goes down the drain. I've seen pictures of fatburgs on telly and they're not pretty.

I'd say that's using your loaf.

By *imbo59seMan
over a year ago

North Norfolk

Fess up...

Yummy

God yes my nan used to do that but didn't keep it in the fridge....I'd forgotten about that. Bread and dripping!"

The best bit was the jelly under the fat, still with bits of meat and skin in it

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

Fess up...

Yummy

God yes my nan used to do that but didn't keep it in the fridge....I'd forgotten about that. Bread and dripping!

The best bit was the jelly under the fat, still with bits of meat and skin in it"

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

If you had any sense, you would have the meat draining over your spuds while it cooks so that the meat fat crisps them up nicely

Post new Message to Thread