Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Please read (Cottr)

Jump to newest

By *tella Heels OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

Hi, please read the whole of this post, I will try to make it as short as I can, but please read it,

I’m doing this in hope those that read can be aware of the dangerous issues of oral sex..

I have cancer of the throat, HPV cancer, now this can be caused by varying things, but the most common way is sexual contact. Mainly oral sex...!!!

Please don’t stop reading!!!!

I am so far lucky I am told it’s at stage 2 and hopefully I should recover. I have just completed 6 weeks of intensive radiotherapy,

I was lucky my body has coped ok with this, many suffer intense reactions, as did brisrob 500 (fabmember now with terminal cancer) my story for those who haven’t read it is on the forum under cancer of the throat parts 1,2 &3.

I don’t want to put you off, but warn you of the dangers, check any potential sexual partner before you meet please!!!

So to give you a short history of what I have been through, I was diagnosed (confirmed) with spinal stenosis in 3rd week of July, this is a painful condition caused by damage in my spinal discs trapping the spinal column causing severe pain when you walk, 2 weeks later 6th August (4 days before my birthday) I was confirmed diagnosed with cancer.

The treatment is tough on the body, I’ve lost all sense of taste, the cancer gave me extremely painful headaches (neuralgia) I have been on morphine for weeks to cope, I can hardly swallow, nausea and diarrhoea on occasions, I can’t put fruit or acidic or alcohol in my mouth as it’s like putting acid in your mouth, even squash for drinking hurts, everything tastes of a floury water mix and is disgusting. I finished 6 whole weeks of daily therapy on Friday, yesterday my body started to react from all the radiotherapy, I am sick and vomiting with diarrhoea, ihave now lost 2 stone in weight.

This is just the initial treatment, hopefully it’s done the trick, but if not it could be major surgery, removal of my jaw bone, then reconstruction, threw more chemo or radiotherapy. I forgot to add, teeth!! They check all your teeth if any are deemed to not be able to withstand treatment and last 10 yrs after they remove them..

I’m sorry to scare you, but I want you all to be aware of how dangerous this is, please don’t be ignorant and don’t take chances!!

If you have read this, don’t respond it’s not necessary except to keep it on the forum, I would prefer you fabbed my profile pic, that way I know how many fabbers I have touched..

Thank you for reading this in full xxx

Stella

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’m sorry to hear what you’re going through OP and thank you for the post. It’s s timely reminder that we are all responsible for our sexual health and to make sure we are fully informed before making any decisions on our sexual activities.

All the best OP - I hope things work out well for you

By *dward_TeagueMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

I wish you well in your battle OP

over a year ago

west here ford shire

I am still hopeful people will read this

over a year ago

What are we checking potential sexual partners for?

over a year ago

west here ford shire

HPV

Look it up

Xxxx

over a year ago

Don’t they do a vaccination at school for this now too? My daughter definitely had one for this in about year 10. I remember looking it up then to see what it was. Was only girls though if I remember rightly, I knew this can be the cause of some cervical cancers but that’s all. Wishing you all the best also xx

over a year ago

west here ford shire

Thanks

Yes but boys should have it too

over a year ago

"Thanks

Yes but boys should have it too"

I agree now I’ve read your post x

over a year ago

west here ford shire

ThanQ

over a year ago

How do people get checked for this? Is it covered on a usual STI check or would you ask to have it added on?

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Not sure you should have mentioned someone else on here having cancer. it isnt mentioned on his profile so really it isnt your business to out him. He may not want everyone to know.

I have read all your other posts sorry you are going through such a struggle.

When you are better maybe go to the local senior schools and talk with the head about giving talks on HPV and the problems it causes. Perhaps it will help kids to realise the need for safe sex.

over a year ago

west here ford shire

"Not sure you should have mentioned someone else on here having cancer. it isnt mentioned on his profile so really it isnt your business to out him. He may not want everyone to know.

When you are better maybe go to the local senior schools and talk with the head about giving talks on HPV and the problems it causes. Perhaps it will help kids to realise the need for safe sex. "

Rob and I have become close friends on here if you read my previous posts you would understand, cancer sufferers are a close community, all I want to do is help others with the same condition, if you got cancer you would understand how we feed off support from each other

over a year ago

west here ford shire

"How do people get checked for this? Is it covered on a usual STI check or would you ask to have it added on?"

Not sure ask your GP

over a year ago

"Not sure you should have mentioned someone else on here having cancer. it isnt mentioned on his profile so really it isnt your business to out him. He may not want everyone to know.

When you are better maybe go to the local senior schools and talk with the head about giving talks on HPV and the problems it causes. Perhaps it will help kids to realise the need for safe sex.

Rob and I have become close friends on here if you read my previous posts you would understand, cancer sufferers are a close community, all I want to do is help others with the same condition, if you got cancer you would understand how we feed off support from each other"

He did his own thread anyway. That’s how I got speaking to him. He’s a lovely man and appreciates the support from people x

over a year ago

"How do people get checked for this? Is it covered on a usual STI check or would you ask to have it added on?"

It’s through a smear test for a woman.

Post new Message to Thread